Japanese director’s pro-whaling documentary wins award at London film festival

A 2015 documentary on local supporters of Japan’s traditions of whaling and dolphin-hunting won an international film festival award Saturday in London, the director said Monday.

Keiko Yagi, 50, director of “Behind the Cove,” won the award for best director of a feature documentary at the London International Filmmaker Festival of World Cinema, which ended Saturday.

Her film is a rebuttal to the 2010 Oscar-winning U.S. film “The Cove,” which thrust the small whaling town of Taiji, Wakayama Prefecture, into the international spotlight with bloody scenes of its annual dolphin hunt.

To film the documentary, Yagi stayed in the town in 2014.

The aim of the weeklong annual festival is to discover new talent.

Yagi said it was significant that her film, which aims to end “misconceptions” about the long-standing traditions, won an award in a city where antiwhaling protests are often held.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yaS3vaNUYgs
archive.whatisthisimnotgoodwithcomputers.com/int/search/text/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lai_/country/jp/
archive.whatisthisimnotgoodwithcomputers.com/int/search/username/Lai Đại Hàn/
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/faroe-islands-slaughter-pilot-whales-sea-blood-red-north-atlantic-iceland-denmark-ritual-tradition-a7798436.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Empire
thebackyardpioneer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Rabbit.jpg
them-apples.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Rabbit-2.jpg
saffronbunny.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/2012-09-09-12-17-51.jpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasions_of_Japan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Opium_War
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kek

That is one ugly "woman".

>not talk about the film
>insult director's appearance
typical american

Maybe that hag is your mother, that's why you're so triggered.

my opinion is that the only reason whaling is bad is because eventually there won't be any whales left to whale. I don't give a shit about the whales themselves, I'm saying if there's no moderation on the practice of whaling, then the practice won't be able to continue. I'm concerned for whaling rather than whales, and that's a reason one might want to stop whaling, ironically.

International Court of Justice banned Japs from whaling.
You guys just need to stop already.
Australians know full well how whales are being killed on an industrial scale in the antarctic.

Why? It isn't a good film.

I think this is fake news.

Same with China's sharking. These two countries are more related than you think

It seems like it's just a bitter Japanese lady who doesn't like foreigners telling her country what is right.

Well too bad. Stop being so racist, stop killing the whales.

Why is that woman supporting the removal of her specie ?

or at least don't violate international laws and only whale in your own ocean

>If you criticize Japan, you must be pro-China
Nip diaspora, please

>killing animals that take forever to reproduce at an industrial scale
>ohshitnigger.jpg
Moral dilemma aside, that's just not sustainable... Eat a pig for once. Yeah, they're intelligent as well, as far as animals go, but at leadt we can breed them.

It's strange how a country that claims to respect nature so much is so stupid when it comes to hunting whales.

She looks like a rasist stereotype wax cabinet figure of a japanese woman.

>respecting nature
They just like watching rain drops and having a pretty garden with little tree

I saw this documentary at my film club and it was really bad.

If you want to be truly sustainable then go vegan. Industrial livestock farming is disastrous to the planet.

>that whale necklace
She must be so fucking morbid

How about we just stop eating endangered species for starters.

japn is a shitholw

japs and anglos are evil

Japs are an undangered species, their population is declining

You are correct but nobody’s gonna stop eating meat. It just tastes too good.

kill yourself

>A 2015 documentary on local supporters of Japan’s traditions of whaling and dolphin-hunting won an international film festival award Saturday in London, the director said Monday

Japan-kun, the wooden spoon is not an award you want to win, it is a joke award.

this site is full of butthurt americans.
it has a lot of positive reviews meanwhile far less negative reviews though.

We think human being is also consisting of nature. We just don't like to be hypocrite westerners who claim killing cow is ok but dolphin is not.

Two nukes wasn't enough.

zainichi

Prove it.

It is okay to kill cow, because cow will not go extinct, and the UN has not told us to stop killing cow. There is no hypocrisy.

The 2018 British Film Institute festival has not even begun yet. Which festival is she talking about? Probably, no one has heard of it.

I see op, you are just mentally retarded.

Australians should not slaughter kangaroos, crocodiles, emu and eat.

Killing and breeding, Cow is not an endangered species. How are you gonna breed dolphins and whales?

Australians farm kangaroos, crocodiles, emus. They will not go extinct, it is fine to eat them.

Even among whales minke whales do not become extinct because there are many numbers.

start breeding them in senpaitachi and it will be fine. But you cant do that stupid Nip, too stupid for farms.

Whaling is bad because UN said so? I think it's ok to kill Brits too because they are not endangered yet.

fucking hell. the troll looks like she's munched on one too many whales herself

Is it a joke?
Australians hunt wild kangaroos as hobbies and eat.

Britons also eat wild rabbits.

lmao are you fucking retarded

killing brits is fine you are doing a favour to the world.

Not undangered spicies nip try again

ignorance.
Kangaroo decreased for a while by a hunting quite a few.

By the way, the Brazilians are eating endangered monkeys and Anteater.

yeah I thought so, you're a fucking dumbcunt kek btw don't reply to my posts mongoloid

The monkey meme again. Monkey eating is illegal here and so is dog eating. Kangaroos breed like rabbits if you eat one, two are born.

Hello. The usual South Korean who used proxy.
Are you pretending to be an Australian now?

Japanese hunt all whales, not just minke.

Japanese say they hunt for science, but they eat the whales they catch. Innocent people do not lie.

>Kangaroo decreased for a while by a hunting quite a few.

From what? 20 billion to 19.9999 billion? They're a pest more than anything you dumb cunt.

>Whaling is bad because UN said so?

Yes.

> I think it's ok to kill Brits too because they are not endangered yet.

Yes, killing Brits is good.

youtu.be/yaS3vaNUYgs

Rabbits are a pest, they will never go extinct.

Kangaroos are not endangered.

Whales and dolphins are smart and rare. Killing them is barbarous.

The Japanese are a very selfish people.

They are killing many, many whales because they are greedy, and want to eat them.

Soon there will be no more whales, and no one will be able to enjoy them. How selfish of Japanese people.

>its the japs accusing everyone of being goreans episode again
lmao I thought you were a dumbshit after you posted that ignorant crap about culling but now I realize you're just a fucktard, enjoy living life with 0 sense of self awareness fuccboi

she's 50, who cares

>Kangaroos are a pest, they will never go extinct.
the same could be said of kangaroos, its why we cull them every year

>inb4 more ignorant dumbshit asian fuckwit posts

>the same could be said of kangaroos, its why we cull them every year

I guessed, but I didn't want to assume.

Nothing on cane toads though, eh?

Japan hunts only minke whales.

Northern Europe is hunting blue whale.
Does the white race say nothing to white race?
It is racial discrimination.

British should stop killing wild rabbits and gray squirrels.

>Expecting japs, who cannibalize PoWs not out of hunger but just because it's available meat, to give a shit about anything edible and make any logical arguments regarding the reason certain animals are OK to eat and others aren't.

Can we just fucking remove Asia from this planet already?

can you go visit a therapist and stop spamming on Sup Forums? many of japanese IPs have already got permabanned because of you. is it ok japan get rangebanned on Sup Forums because of you?

Two nukes wasn't enough to save the dolphins and the whales?

I bet if nips got rangebanned this faggot would still torment us with a chink or gook IP.

>cane toads
don't really have a good solution for that m8, if only we could get the japanese to hunt toads instead of whales

Why japan never stop bringing korea to topic that literally has nothing to do with us?

Minke whales are not going extinct.

If it is strange to eat a whale, it is strange to eat rabbits, gray squirrels, snails and maggot cheese.

The number of kangaroos is decreasing by the hunting of play.
Giantmoa and Thylacine have become extinct

They can't stop thinking about it, too much hate.

Based. Let's go eat some whales to celebrate.

Why are Japanese people so dishonest?

You kill all whales and dolphins, not just minke.

Only Faroe Islands hunt whales, and we want them to stop as well.

The documentary is awful, it has not won any awards.

There is no racial discrimination, Japanese people are being selfish and hate foreigners telling them to do the right thing. Japanese people are very racist.

Rabbits and grey squirrels are pests, they will not go extinct.

>Trying to compare endangered rare species with pests that procreate everywhere like insects.

Northern Europeans are killing whales and dolphins.

>dumb crap
>random gibberish
>FUCK YOU WHAREU FUCK YOU DORUPHIN

I'm really sorry korea bro. He is a recognized mental retard making the same spamming about korea on Sup Forums for several years. I hope mods rangeban his ISP.

>archive.whatisthisimnotgoodwithcomputers.com/int/search/text/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lai_/country/jp/

>archive.whatisthisimnotgoodwithcomputers.com/int/search/username/Lai Đại Hàn/

>The number of kangaroos is decreasing by the hunting of play.

Ahh yes, please continue spouting literal nonsense.

Actually please don't and instead, fucking google "Kangaroo population" right now so you can instantly prove yourself fucking wrong, then google "How to kill yourself at home" and follow the instructions.

Giant Moa went extinct 500 years ago. Thylacine went extinct 100 years ago. Are Japanese people only as smart as foreigners from 100 years ago?

Japanese hunt all whales, not just minke.

Hunting endangered whales is not "strange" it is wrong, and illegal.

Kangaroos are not on the verge of extinction.

Do Britons who dominated half of the world are not selfish?

Why not condemn the whaling of northern Europe, Russia, Alaska and Iceland?

Fuck off you retarded nipshit
Equating whale hunting to kangaroo hunting is such a joke

>There are about 50 million kangaroos now, about double the human population, with 22 million in Queensland and a record 17 million in New South Wales, according to the Office of Environment and Heritage in that state.
WHY YOU KIRR KANGAROO

>Do Britons who dominated half of the world are not selfish?

Yes, they are. That's why I don't like the British.

But the Japanese are selfish also.

>Why not condemn the whaling of northern Europe, Russia, Alaska and Iceland?

But we do.

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/faroe-islands-slaughter-pilot-whales-sea-blood-red-north-atlantic-iceland-denmark-ritual-tradition-a7798436.html

Roo-Emu alliance. Species war now, gas the h*manoids.

So please also do not post racial discrimination against Japanese.

A selfish person plays his music too loud, and does not turn it down when all his neighbours ask him to be quieter.

Many, many of Japan's neighbours have asked him to stop hunting whales and dolphins, but he still does it. Japan is a selfish person.

Kangaroo kamikaze attacks on our trucks and cars have been pretty ineffective so far.

Why people can't stop eating rare species to start eating pests. Japs should start eating Kangaroos.

The British exterminated many people in the world, right?
Native American, Aboriginal in Australia, African tribe, Asian tribe, Arab tribe, British destroyed them.

roo doesn't taste all that great, the people who I know eat it regularly only do it for the health benefits and for gains

Yes. That's why I dislike British people.

You do realise I am not British, yes?

This is true but why should whale be extinct because of that?

Japanese people exterminated many many Chinese people as well. Japanese people are just as bad.

>former imperial power tries to smack talk about another former imperial power

Every human is bad, whales are the only innocent here

Lmao if given the chance Japan would have exterminated all other Asians and replaced them with Japanese. You almost succeeded in Korea.

The only people I know who eat roo regularly is the Aboriginal community.

t. lives in QLD

The UK has extincted people all over the world. The English are selfish people.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Empire

Please stop killing wild rabbits and gray squirrels and eating them.
thebackyardpioneer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Rabbit.jpg
them-apples.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Rabbit-2.jpg
saffronbunny.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/2012-09-09-12-17-51.jpg

I am not English, you silly little man.

Even then, English killed people 200 years ago, Japanese killed people 80 years ago, and still kill whales.

Whales are endangered, they may die out completely. Rabbits cannot, they have too much sex.

Japanese can learn from rabbits, perhaps.

You are ignorant.
Chinese also killed a lot of Japanese.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasions_of_Japan

British massacred the Chinese and steal Hong Kong.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Opium_War

Whaling is necessary for any island nation. Whales eat MANY MILLIONS of tons of fish, and left to breed freely will drive many species of fish extinct.

The species which we get shit on for whaling, which is going extinct ELSEWHERE but not here GAINS 50.000 new whales EVERY YEAR, of only that single species, ONLY IN ICELANDIC WATERS.

Our maximum quota of how many of these whales can be hunted each year?

>OH NO!!! IT'S A SAVAGE BRUTAL MASSACRE YOU WILL DRIVE THESE PRECIOUS GENTLE GIANTS EXTINCT!!!! IT'S LIKE ANOTHER HOLOCAUST

>Chinese
>Mongol invasions

Heh.

It was okay for Chinese to kill Japanese, was self defense.

Japanese were violent criminals, stealing, raping, murdering.

Fuck off, you dump japs. Don't free use Vietnam for your own convenience.