Jazz is the most creative genre of music

Jazz requires the most creativity out of any genre of music. Don't deny this just because you have trouble accepting that black people created jazz. To be a successful and masterful jazz musician, you need to be a walking book of music theory, harmony, technique on your instrument, and the ability to transfer knowledge into practicality on your instrument more so than any genre.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=It5D3w534Cc
youtube.com/watch?v=weGbfo3vm-4
youtube.com/watch?v=d075v_dl6lc
youtu.be/9LD3NKlS55g
youtube.com/watch?v=dzStP6vNk3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=hwmRQ0PBtXU
youtu.be/ERsFsc_n7XE
youtu.be/GVlwqflKUfY
youtu.be/6Tq3a2K5J6s
youtube.com/watch?v=r594pxUjcz4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jazz is up their but I wouldn't call it the best genre...

I said it is the most creative, not the best genre. Anytime musicians improvise in any style of music, they study jazz harmony to learn.

>Jazz is the best meme
>Nigger
Back to the Oven

>Jazz
>the best genre

go to bed grandpa

I agree OP

...and he said creative not the best, lay of the weed anons and look twice next time

OOOH I'M THE TYPE OF GUY
WHO WILL NEVER SETTLE DOWN

What do you jazz guys listen to?

Jazz is a great genre. Some autists on here will try to deny it because "niggers", but it truly is high-calibur music.

Bill Evans, Vince Guaraldi, Chet Baker,l and Dave Brubeck.

All kinds. Chick corea acoustik trio and Oscar Peterson trio are some of my top

nigga. you want jazz? lemme give you some thrazz, instead
youtube.com/watch?v=It5D3w534Cc

Jazz isn't a genre you fucking cucks. Saying you just like jazz is like saying you just like pop or rock music. It's a broad-ass umbrella term that describes a lot of nothing. Be more specific as to whether you're thinking swing, blues, bebop, or whatever fucking genre you ACTUALLY fucking like.

>black people
>free jazz
>creative

Jazz is degenerate, ugly music for hipsters who want to appear intellectual by pretending they understand it.

What about....

youtube.com/watch?v=weGbfo3vm-4

In honor of the Olympics

I love this song...

And you know what? I usually play stuff like this if I invite a girl over for dinner.

It works.

Fuck you, I'm not autistic.

Ooooh we have a music historian here....you're not wrong. I just didn't think I needed to be that specific. I'm into bebop, cool jazz, hard bop, third stream, avant-garde jazz

>jazz is the best genre goys. Totally not making stuff as I go based on a few major scales I learned in Muzick school goys.
>Harmony is a totally not a retarded down version of whatever good sounding progressions the classical masters came up with goys.
>muh ii-V-I goys.
kys nigger faggot
although Art Tatum and Bill Evans are kinda cool.

there's also holocaust-core
youtube.com/watch?v=d075v_dl6lc

No it's fucking not. Do you really think niggers like Charlie Parker were actually formally educated? They were just playing whatever came to mind on impulses, then the JEWISH liberal universities turned it into "Jazz Theory" and elevated it above what it actually was. Not going to say they didn't practice a lot, because those Porch Monkeys had nothing better to do back then, but it is in no way high art.

Jazz is the "We WUZ PEANUT BUTTER" of Music.

Here's some orgasmic retro JAZZ

youtu.be/9LD3NKlS55g

You're welcome

I love me some cool jazz

Sounds like Bill Clinton on the Sax,

>Jazz
Jazz is degenerate garbage. I'm a complete degenerate, and it's my favorite kind of music.

You're right.

Blues is SO much better.

youtube.com/watch?v=dzStP6vNk3Q

>tfw I love going to blues clubs

I am only 27, but damn. I love the blues. Kraft Mac n' Cheese

Dj jazzy jeff

>Jazz
Literally public masturbation.

This is not Sup Forums

People can like more than one sub genre of music, therefore the umbrella term is useful. Don't be a stupid nigger

this and my previous point. OP probably finished watching his Ken Burns "documentary" and felt so intellectual he came here to spout shit. Listen to Berlioz , Brahms, Wagner, and argue again that it is not the bedt or not the most creative. Also OP is a nigger.
Who do you listen to Swissbro.

no it doesn't

t. studied both

if you listen to music you're a fag.

youtube.com/watch?v=hwmRQ0PBtXU
>Doesn't listen to jazz
You'd have to be the least cultured dude to not listen to jazz

It´s surprising how Jazz, was a respectable, and admirable, in fact it put pressure internationally on the US for the civil rights movement.
What the fuck happened? When did blacks become so violent?

Jazz is Nigger Trash. Miles Davis on CHarlie Parker.

"He was a great and genius musician, man, but he was also on of the slimiest and greediest motherfuckers who ever lived in this world, at least that I ever met. He was something.
I remember one time we was coming down to The Street to play from uptown and Bird had this white bitch in the back of the taxi with us. He had done already shot up a lot of heroin and now the motherfucker’s eating chicken— his favorite food — and drinking whiskey and telling the bitch to get down and suck his dick. Now, I wasn’t used to that kind of shit back then— I was hardly even drinking, I think I had just started smoking— and I definitely wasn’t into drugs yet because I was only nineteen years old and hadn’t seen no shit like that before. Anyway, Bird noticed that I was getting kind of uptight with the woman sucking all over his dick and everything, and him sucking on her pussy. So he asked if something was wrong with me, and if his doing this was bothering me. When I told him that I felt uncomfortable with them doing what they were doing in front of me, with her licking and slapping her tongue like a dog all over his dick and him making all that moaning noise in between taking bites of chicken, I told him, “Yeah, it’s bothering me.” So you know what that motherfucker said? He told me that if it was bothering me, then I should turn my head and not pay attention I couldn’t believe that shit, that he actually said that to me. The cab was real small and we all three were in the backseat, so where was I supposed to turn m head? What I did was to stick my head outside the taxi window, but I could still hear them motherfuckers getting down and in between, Bird smacking his lips all over that fried chicken. Like I said, he was something, all right."

Walter Bishop Jr.
Lorne Lofsky
Kurt Rosenwinkel
Kenny Garrett
Dave Kikoski
Freddie Hubbard
Steve Lehman
Pat Metheny
Michael Brecker
Chriss Potter
Billy Drummond

The list goes on, I can keep going if youd like

>few major scales
>jazz
You clearly have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

see this polack? There is more creativity in 5 minutes of this guy's music than in teh whole genre of jazz music

WE WUZ aside, I think jazz is a great genre and a very useful sound to base your speaker system purchase off of.

t. richfag with Audio by Van Alstine, B&W, and yamaha system.

Cue up the Oscar Peterson

I agree. Also, I'm really fucking jealous.

jazz is noise, not music.

DnB is pretty damn diverse and hard to make. Americans are shit at this genre compared to Europeans. Look at anything with DnB at concerts in America, then look at Europe. It's a huge difference

don't forget improvisation. I once did tried to learn how to play jazz. but it was way too hard to read. I had the improvising part down pretty well though.

Jazz musicians rarely play from the hip. They have set pieces all too often

Stanley Clarke

And how do you measure creativity in an unbiased form?

All you need is Charles Mingus

youtu.be/ERsFsc_n7XE

Post more good musics.

youtu.be/GVlwqflKUfY

>yes goy because all other scales cannot be reduced to a major scale of some other related key.
>yes goy because muh diminished 5th is a very serious invention
>yes goy because the blues scale is totally the greatest thing in music
>yes goy because while improvising I am clearly thinking of complex mathematical implications of the very complex harmony of jazz and totally not thinking of a derivative major scale of those very complex harmony.
>yes goy you clearly dont know a thing and you should listen to me at all times
>yes goy because all jazzers are ontellectually superior misicians and not heroin-addicted degenerates.
go nigger somewhere else. Maybe the next time Obongo decides to call Hancock to celebrate the musical heritage of Muhrica you can go suck his dick there.

He pulled out a rubber chicken. It's nice though. Share a copy?

This. man the niggers of your country are out in full force itt. Feel for you man, all that tradition and art and the niggers have to nig it up with their muh improvisation.

man if you're gonna listen jazz piano why mot listen to Art Tatum instead.

What are melodic and harmonic minor, diminished, altered, whole tone, bebop, pentatonic and four note scales?

derived out of major scales. My point is that when jazz musicians improvise they rarely think in terms of the subtle differences in scales. They take a progression, find the common major scale and improvise on that scale. Of course they keep it chromatic enough for variety but that is about it. How much time do you think they spend thinking about the implications of the scales you mentioned. How much time do you think they spend on actually being subtle about melodic, harmonic and rhythmic aspects of music. How much?

jazz has no race.

it is the best genre

You're full of shit, m8.

RARE

also have you thought about why the ii-V-I is the most common progression in jazz and why most other progressions are embellishment of this particular progression?

so please enlighten me! oh wise user.

look at that id.

i love jazz and agree that it is one of the best genres. my favorites are charles mingus, herbie hancock, and eric dolphy.

Your whole sticking point seems to be that any scale can be derived from the major scale. The scales other user listed aren't just derived from MOVING the scale to a different root, but actually ALTERING notes within the scale.

So what kind of music do you listen to where they don't do either of those things? Indian microtonal music?

Here, have some music that doesn't stick strictly to the major scale and its modes ONLY:

youtu.be/6Tq3a2K5J6s

What the fuck is that flag?

Jazzfag detected

Jazz is just a musical jackson pollock. Its not that hard if you know your theoey and scales and shit.

Jazz is meme genre created by tiny dicked white bois. Only the music of melinated people's like Bach and Wagner has artistic merit.

a lot of the old school jazz like bill evans is just breaking the rules set out in common practice music theory such as using the augmented 4ths in melody lines. it's not creative any more and very outdated.

"The national flag of Nepal is the world's only non-quadrilateral national flag. The flag is a simplified combination of two single pennons, the vexillological word for a pennant."

no my point is not only that these scale are of that nature. Classical people use the same scales and look what they do with it. My problem with jazzers is the way they treat these scales.
Whole tone scale fir example, look what Debussy could do with it. I'm not too keen on the 2nd viennese school but look how they managed to device 12tone method to compose music and look what the jazzers use it fir (spicing up muh solo). Look what Bach did with chromaticism and look what the jazzers do with it (avoiding falling into cliched riffs). Why do such things as riffs even exist in first place?
I have seen many jazz pianists (considered the more techincal jazzers) with terrible independency if their hands, while a classical pianist cannot even hope to get into a good school without mastering the independency. I am sorry if I am offending you or something but the whole jazz culture triggers the hell out of me. I love Tatum and Evans though and if "The Jazz Piano Book" and "The Jazz Theory Book" is to be believed, listening to these two means you have listened to all jazz pianists on existence.

very much this. I have seen musical newfags become professional jazzers in as little as 2 years of very liberal musical training.

> Jazz
> Not classical
Nice try. Jazz is the most pretentious music, I'll give you that.

Best Jazz Song

youtube.com/watch?v=r594pxUjcz4

Check out Barry Harris sometime.

They are different skills, classical pianists just rote learn pieces, jazz pianists learn to interpret and substitute lead sheets and improvise.

You could say that about any genre though.

That's not true. I was in jazz band in Jr. High and Highschool, lead Trombone, I solo'd all the time. Technically 2nd trombone should get more of the solos but I was just better than her. But I didn't know anything about music theory and I was savage at it (improvisation). So we're many of the sax players, and they didn't know much about music theory. In fact many great improvisers didn't know how to read music. They just felt the music better and had great instincts. Now once you become a professional you sort of have to know if you want to be able to drop in on a combo unrehearsed and play, but it's not required to be good at soloing and improv. Really all you have to know are your jazz scales, and even those rarely change in a piece, I always found soloing easy lol. You've never played jazz music have you?

As a racist antisemite, I still enjoy jazz but only smoothe Jazz. I also appreciate folk music (like Tom Waits)

Swing jazz is pretty much the best music to dance to. The syncopation encourages you to react and get creative yourself.

Smooth jazz is great comfy music.

>Jazz requires the most creativity out of any genre of music

No, that would be electronic music. So much so that every artist just about is a genre in their own right.

I have. He is known for his harmony is he not? Black Coffee is one I liked from him.

not classical though and thats my whole point.

t. Kenny G