Why don't they write characters as cowards anymore?

Why don't they write characters as cowards anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/timheidecker/i-am-a-cuck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because cowards are losers and don't deserve representation.

Hunk from Voltron is a pussy.

Because they're annoying cunts, especially if they're supposed to be protagonists the audience is supposed to like.

Fucking Chuckie was the worst

No he just doesn't like getting shot at. Cowardice is an appropriate reaction in that instance. And as soon as shit does hit the fan he's ready to nut up.

They do

Cowardice is the new baseline, which is why it's harder to notice

i believe it is because the brain-broken adults who make children's cartoons for other brain-broken adults want to live vicariously through others, rather than identify with characters warts and all

Wow that is absolutely awful. I don't care if that was done ironically or not.

So I assume he's changed his name to Cucky then?

What do you think cuck means?

Why is it that every aged up version of [Character] is always moderately to extremely attractive/fit/successful with hipster haircut?

soundcloud.com/timheidecker/i-am-a-cuck

The Ugly Duckling never should've come to be.

Because by making everyone look the same, they all become unique in these people's minds.

I was expecting that soundfile that moot played over Sup Forums a while back

Right board at least

Chuckie had an excuse.

because some fans are just stupid.

age-ups in general are almost always a mistake.
It's why I completely hated All Grown Up and wish it was never a show.

Wouldn't you want your kids to grow up to be attractive/fit/successful with or without hipster haircut?

I know that was done by one of the folks who made rugrats but it's so depressing to look at. I don't want my cartoons to gross and old

depression is reality, user

Tommy literally grew up to look exactly like his father.

I don't know about that, Phil and Lil looks alright and Tommy seem happy...okay chunky look likes a drug out stoner but thats life.

Thank you. I fucking hated Chucky.

You look like your dad as well. Unless you're adopted or a woman then you look like your mother.

It all depends on how they're portrayed.

Take Shaggy, for example. He and Scooby are classic cowards, but when push comes to shove they will end up doing the right thing, even if their nerves are completely shot doing it. Combine that with the fact that when they are being cowards they're being ENTERTAINING cowards, you get decent characters.

A coward who jumps into a full trash can to avoid doing something scary is funny. A coward who just hides in the corner with his hands over his eyes is just pathetic.

My brother look like my mother.

I don't know if I get more depressed when I see them grow up to be gross or when they grow up to look like normie same face trash bags like this.
Maybe I like the hipster ones because there's a possibility that I could hang out with them and be friends, I could never hope to be friends with these incredibly attractive same faced people.

Tommy looks like he's been staring at Lil's ass and Chuckie looks like he's about to call Tommy problematic for looking at it

Forgoot pic

why is QC fanart next to our chucky?

chuckie looks like fabio trying to cosplay spongebob

i fucking laughed

Also Dil got a tattoo of Reptar

This

They're more frustrating than entertaining, when cowards are in comedic media they're cowardice is either short or ironic.

If your parents are different phenotypes or races the similarities are less obvious.

>that Angelica

Are you serious? because Chuckie is the less ugly of them.

You should've said "I would never hope to be friends with these incredibly attractive and same faced people"

Fuck normies.

That's Phil. Dil is the one in the hoodie.

Why is pocahauntas there?

I hate whoever draws these fucking age ups. They're all over Pinterest. Literally everyone in this has the same cookie cutter nose and mouth regardless of gender, race, or any other distinguishing features that were in the original designs.

and no one mentions him?

>He and Scooby are classic cowards, but when push comes to shove they will end up doing the right thing, even if their nerves are completely shot doing it. Combine that with the fact that when they are being cowards they're being ENTERTAINING cowards, you get decent characters.
Not to mention these two principles can often go hand in hand. If Shaggy is face-to-face with a monster, odds are he'll pull some silly tactic like the "heads I win, tails you lose" coin flip shtick to "outsmart" the monster so that he can get away. Not only does that illustrate both of these principles, but it also shows that a good coward is also a smart character, not someone who just up and runs every time something happens just because they don't know what will happen.

>entire race of people that hold cowardice as a noble and honored trait.

>there leader praises other boov for their cowardice.

I wouldn't say it NEVER happens.

that's such an awful example that it doesn't count

Can confirm, am race mutt. Look nothing like either parents.

>Wouldn't you want your kids to grow up to be attractive/fit/successful with or without hipster haircut?

No. If he gets a hipster haircut he can die in the street and I wouldn't care.

Retards are funnier to write.

>Bear

>Twink

He will like to have a word with you.

This.

>bear
an otter at most.

Phil looks like a hybrid between Jack Black and Kyle Gass from Tenacious D.

>but it's so depressing to look at. I don't want my cartoons to gross and old
Dude, that's life. Everyone gets old and gross. And almost everyone will grow up to look just like their parents. Enjoy it. Seriously, look at your dad. See him? That's you very soon.

I'd hang out with adult Phil, he looks like a cool guy.

>Wouldn't you want your kids to grow up to be attractive/fit/successful with or without hipster haircut?
I feel like its the same thing wiith perfect futures, like when a comic or cartoon does a "what happened with everyone?" segment where all the main characters achieve their dreams and have happly ever after endings with each other (i think i saw some anime do this once), its fun, sure, and it feels good to see them happy, but its unrealistic as fuck too

>dad is smart and bald
>brother is alright and getting bald
>got dad's intelligence and mother's based native blood
>still have plenty of hair
feels good

That chuckie is disgusting

but does he dress like your mother?

The people who draw characters like that are pretty sheltered and rarely go outside to see what people look like.

I miss moot