Why did they have to fuck this up with the UFO? I understand its not supposed to be 100% realistic...

Why did they have to fuck this up with the UFO? I understand its not supposed to be 100% realistic, but this was just retarded

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=icOD6Lm08lg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they are just telling it like it was, remember it's a true story

thread music

youtube.com/watch?v=icOD6Lm08lg

yeah why do they have to put that shit at the beginning of every episode when everyone knows its fiction? I get the Cohen brothers did it to fuck with everyone but its getting old

>muh 70s lmao

the 'period piece' aspect to this show was excruciating. Every time it was starting to get good, they'd have some character say something like "So how about that cuban missile crisis, huh?" or have Reagan as a character for no purpose to the plot

>Ethan Coen first explained why the pair added the "true story" disclaimer to the film, saying, "We wanted to make a movie just in the genre of a true story movie. You don't have to have a true story to make a true story movie."

These guys are fuckers.

wanna know how i know ur a pleb?

>Reagan as a character for no purpose to the plot
>plebs actually believe this

The Cuban Missile Crisis was in the 60s. Reagan was president during the 80s.

OOK THEN

>he didnt understand the ufos tying in with the "evil is a result of people not understanding each other" theme across the entire season
wew

>the ufo was the reason for the car crash in the beginning.
>It was also the reason why the cop survived in the end.
Idk, it seems pretty stupid to me. Reminded me of the shitty alien plot twist in AHS season 2

>there are """"""""""""""""people""""""""""""""" who actually liked season 2 of fargo

the aliens fit in flawlessly thematically, tonally, and plotwise into the season. pleb begone

are you talking about fargo or AHS?

fargo of course

Strange aliems there, Hank

That UFO was the ultimate pleb filter.

well, explain how they fit in then, because I don't see it. It's goofy and unnecessairy

Not who you're talking to and i can barely remember the season or its themes but it did fit in with the message.

Another pleb filtered by the UFO. Literally the entire season was building up to it, it fit perfect thematically.

>fit the theme of alien worlds colliding (small town crime vs big town operations, gerhardts vs KC)
>fit the theme of lou's worldview that developed throughout the case, ie the "i dont understand this because it is so shocking and jarring and awful" similar to the sheriff in ncfom. also ties in to that same feeling seeping into america from vietnam
>fit the theme of people not communicating and understanding each other (aliens come down to earth trying to communicate with humans, can't understand humans because the only things they see are acts of extreme violence - car crash, ed chopping up rye, motel massacre)
>fit the more general "this is a true story" thing fargo has going for it

it fit tonally/atmospherically with the setting because the 80s were rife with ufo sightings, which is why you saw so many things like the "we are not alone" sign in the sioux falls gas station store and the guy lou is talking to talking about visitors from above. also fits in with the sci-fi movies that the 80s are now popular for

plotwise they were established in the first episode as a major plot contributor (caused the car accident that started the whole thing), and were then hinted at TWICE as sticking around in the next episode (hanzee's visit and when they flew over the sky after ed chopped up rye). then they were alluded to by a character speaking about abductions or a sign/bumper sticker talking about aliens in every episode until the motel massacre, where they (arguably) were involved in a deus ex machina. then they were semi-alluded to in the finale when Betty goes into Hank's study and sees what looks like an alien language, but in reality, it's just Hank trying to make the human race able to communicate with each other to prevent violence similar to what the aliens just observed, thus linking the aliens with that theme of communication.
there. now nobody can say they dont get it

Season 4 when?

Alright, thx for that explanation. I can kinda see it now, doesn't mean that I have to like it though. I just felt like it was a little too much of a break from season one. Season 3 also has some mysthical tones, but I somehow liked those more than the alien theme.

Unpopular opinion but I think all of Fargo is garbage, uninteresting boring plot

i liked the promise of season 3's mystical stuff, but it never really went anywhere or had any impact at all. terribly executed compared to the ufos imo

Uh mate, In season 1 you had very overt christian motifs, with most blatantly fish falling from the fucking sky and Malvo being alluded to on several occassions as just plain being the literal devil.

That's true unfortunately. The whole ending of the girl dying felt very unsatisfying and unfinished to me. But I read that that was also part of the theme somewhere? idk man, at this point I just watch it for the visuals, the perfect storm development and the music.

But it didn't feel supernatural, it was always kind of explainable to a degree. Malvo isnt the devil, that's pretty clear throughout the series, people just perceived him as one because he was such a psycho. Kinda like Haniball Lecter.

>malvo isnt the devil
they really couldnt be more obvious with it

>haven't had pie this good since the garden of Eden

If he was the devil he wouldn't have to worry about a small time cop catching or even killing him. If anything, he's a chosen one of the devil of some sorts

You don't have to believe the UFO actually happened. That's the point, who knows what's real and what isn't?

reportedly there were many ufo seeings in ND and Minnesota in 70s.