Why do STEMfags get triggered so hard by humanities, specially philosophy?

Why do STEMfags get triggered so hard by humanities, specially philosophy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gDoIilJ-_Z0
pne.people.si.umich.edu/PDF/howtoread.pdf
theglobeandmail.com/news/national/education/anatomy-of-an-ontario-teachers-paycheque/article6015968/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Autism

why do you make this thread everyday

why are you such a nigger?

Because they feel threatened by non-autistic things. Most STEM students are autistic, and have trouble with concepts such as philosophy and abstract thought.

Although there are some degrees in humanities like (((Gender Studies))) which seem to focus more on Judaism than actual humanities. Those are the people that both STEMfags and Humanicucks laugh at.

t. Sup Forumsi sci major

What is STEM?

This. Historyfag here, feelsgoodman

Because we've always been more than happy to keep to ourselves and our respective fields, but humanity fags insist on sticking their big fat jew noses where they don't belong

>purity is inversely related to how much pussy they pull

>there are people on Sup Forums who aren't hunter-gatherers

STEM is an acronym referring to degrees in fields related to science, technology, engineering, and math.
stupid faggot

Because while some autistic faggot is thinking hard about numbers and watching girls get his degree for free I am making $110,000 a year teaching high school history with my masters degree

The STEM people you talk about (prone to bitching impotently on-line) seem chronically unhappy.

It's probably just them wanting/trying real hard to convince themselves they made the right life choice.

I got into civil engineering via the trades.

My foreman knew a guy and really helped me out with it all. I still gotta buy him that flat of beer.

Every civil engineer I've had to deal with is an idiot.

>$110,000 a year teaching high school history

Come on, now.

Thanks queefmonger, why would history trigger a STEMfag?

without degenerate studies you wouldn't have Sup Forums, you wouldn't have anime and all those wonderful things only degenerate social sciences can think of.

If the world only focused on STEM subjects we would literally still be stuck in a 1950s world with no progression.

Try living in a good country

Because their only exposure to people who majored in the humanities is the ham-beast HR officer in their company who glares at them for being fucking white males.

They also don't read books and think that philosophy is for fags. Think of them as mindless chattel slaves. They receive very specialized training so that they can play their submissive role quietly - work in an office enriching Schlomo and his pals, pay taxes to support Jaykwon and his boyz through food stamps and welfare, get married and support a roastie, etc. There's a reason we call them STEMcucks.

>political science
Wow, a science, you're so smart!
You get to brag about doing science even though your brain is too retarded to comprehend the real stuff.

>administration salary
lol

>canada dollars
What's that in real money?

STEMcucks BTFO
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHahahahhahaha

I'm taking STEM at a liberal arts college. Most autistic fags don't appreciate how worthless their skills are unless they can communicate.

Man...teachers in Quebec make half that.

Isn't that sad ?

Growing up on the Quebec side of Ottawa, all my teachers came from ottawa to work on our side because of a lack of work.

They all admitted the only reason anyone would ever teach in Quebec is because the love to. Everyone of them admitted they were making HALF of what they made on the Ontario side.

How much autism is in this video?
youtube.com/watch?v=gDoIilJ-_Z0

did you miss
>department head

With my masters as a department head of social sciences I am making $108,000 a year give or take.

I get 2 weeks off for Christmas, 2 months off for summer, get virtually every holiday off and have great job security.

get btfo

1-800-CMON-NOW

Elementary as in 'elementary school'?

Over 100k for being a fucking elementary school teacher?

Lmao, canada is fucking crazy. This is beyond insane.

Anecdotally, I like literature and philosophy and I'm a Software Engineering major at a pretty good school (ranked similarly to the lower-tier Ivies in CS/Math)

A lot of people in my class have an appreciation for the arts departments, especially the soft sciences.

I think the idea that all STEM majors shit on the humanities is untrue, it's just that you only tend to hear a lot of noise from the very vocal minority of anti-humanities types.

Your argument is missing that there is a distinction between primary school "teachers" and college/university "professors"

Teachers make shit salary for their work

None of them are actually STEM as philosophy (logic) plays a huge part in any STEM degree. There's plenty of mathematician/philosophers too like Bertrand Russell (The Principia Mathematica) and computer scientists.

The Art of Reasoning/Introduction to mathematical thinking/How to Solve it ect these are all philosophy texts on formal/informal logic and problem solving.

Because the field has been completely politicized in the past 20 years to make it all about social issues rather than actual substance

Because some humanities majors honestly believe they are important

Yeah but you guys also pay 1/2 the price to go to university so you're education is worth half as much. Kidding love you Quebec you crazy fucks

Elementary usually caps in the $90,000s but still quite a good deal. By your 30s you are set for life

It's the unions, dude. Elementary to highschool teachers are fucking abysmally stupid on avergae. The teachers' union, however, is stupidly powerful.

t. MA student entering second MA and moving on to PhD in nojobs

Those are administration cronies who push paperwork and suck city council and government dick for grants

They don't teach a god damn thing

Don't you find that the humanities are utterly dominated by the political left?

You fucking retard can you read?

My chart literally shows salaries for elementary and high school employees.

If I had my PHD id be making >$120,000 in a university

Some schools are doing 40 kids a class now.

Add that to a shortage of teachers...

It's like whats gonna happen to the trades in Canada in another 10 or so years...

Like half of it goes to taxes

This

Nobody in philosophy discusses Being anymore or human purpose since Heidegger. It's just historians of ideas of Foucauldians jerking off in the corner next to the nihilist logic students (failed mathematicians).

I bet most stemfags are better at philosophy than philosophy majors.

Philosophy majors only have the advantage of having read the philosophers of the past (although most of them don't even understand what they read).

The reason humanities are a joke to us is because you spent 4 years at college reading leisure books. It's literally like going to college and saying you're majoring in TV shows.

You're showing the top paid employees of the school who belong to the administration aspect of the school, not the teachers who are in classrooms day-to-day

You are trying to claim that teachers make 100K

Actually most of our uni programs don't count outside of Quebec....which is why I went to college in ottawa (Ontario side)

>In a university

Teaching history? Not a fucking chance dude. Not unless you suddenly find out your're a gay, jewish, black tranny. History departments are militantly Marxist as fuck. And you're assuming you'd be offered a tenure track.

One thing you are taught in 'humanities' and not in STEM is how to read as explained here: pne.people.si.umich.edu/PDF/howtoread.pdf

There's a method on how you can tear through a thousand page book and get the argument of the author concisely without having to actually read it page by page. I had a compsci professor who's office was a cavern of hundreds upon hundreds of classical books and he read every single one by simply know how to read not just reading passively.

Anyway none of this was taught to us I found out through an English Lit major who was given a 'how to read' guide for their massive homework assignments of doing 3 books in a weekend.

Just pissed STEM jobs are running out too

Not necessarily true. Autists cannot comprehend Greeks or Continentals. They can only really jump in with the Anglo Americans.

Science is for the fools too socially inept and unassertive for
business or finance. Scientists are merely an apparatus for government
propaganda, and for generating new sources of corporate profit. Like
the honey-bee they delight in wasting their efforts for the profit of
the bee-keeper. That is not to say that these fields are unworthy of
study, but that bright minds of sicentists have been horrendously
exploited. How can they not be triggered by those in the humanities that forwent the security of a STEMslave job and sought out what they desired most from education?

For all the STEMslaves efforts and hardwork, these scientists must
grovel for grants or stick around long enough for the faintest hope of
acquiring a tenured professorship. In this way they become
institutionalized, pigeon-holed in their precise field-of-study for a
lifetime; outside of it they are largely ignorant. Imagine how triggering it is to see a young philosophy major who knows enough about science to be well rounded? Chances are he can probably write and speak better upon the subject than a STEMslave because he spent years on his ability to articulate himself. Year after year thousands of naieve young children are duped by pop-scientists into thinking science is as fun and interesting as what they present it to be. I would be mad too if I fell for the STEM meme.

I just feel sorry for them at this point.

Also, if you consider social science to be in the humanities, research in the soft sciences is often very interesting to people studying Math/CS

Shit, sociology alone has so many potential applications for graph theory.

Look up teachers salaries in Ontario dipshit

The bottom of the rung teachers START at $45,000 a year and in a decade will be making over $90,000.

would you like to retract that statement
1/2

>abstract thought.
lol, philosophers are fucking shills and parasites

Associate profs making over $120,000

stay mad that you're too dumb to pick a good career

>The purpose of reading things like this is to gain, and retain, information.

Wow. Only a STEMslave could think this was what reading was about.

All I'm seeing here are professor salaries, not teacher salaries

There's a differences between the two titles

Maybe because that image was in reply to another comment not yours.

I can see why you probably work at some golfball plant stamping logos for $18/h. Reading was just too much for you

$45 - 80k for a public school teacher that works 7 hours a day, 8 months a year, is not a shit salary. Not to mention their benefits are likely much better than what's typical in the private sector. Oh, and it's nearly impossible to lose your job.

>UofT
>York
>Waterloo

Am i close?

Interesting link. I've always really wanted to learn how to speed read but it seems with a lot of the methods there's a quite noticeable drop in comprehension at first -- like there's a very steep learning curve before you can just devour books and actually understand them. This link seems a lot more holistic and manageable.

Thanks m8

Here i'll do your research for you

theglobeandmail.com/news/national/education/anatomy-of-an-ontario-teachers-paycheque/article6015968/

"Annual starting salary for a new teacher at lowest and highest pay rates: $45,709, $55,404

Salary for a teacher with more than 10 years of service at the lowest and highest pay rates: $76,021, $94,707"

>Autists cannot comprehend Greeks or Continentals.

I don't know anything about continentals... but I found myself in agreement with a lot of stoic ideas, for example.

But, if you ask me, the point of philosophy isn't to know every philosophy. The point of philosophy is to develop your own ideas so that you can have a clear dialectical understanding of the world around you.

>$120,000
if a war occurs tomorrow, what good are these lecherous parasites? They have no intrinsic value to society, that is why they poison society, they are cancerous.

Teachers make fuck all here, vast majority are P/T and don't get F/T union status for years and years. There's always this meme passed around that teachers are paid 'huge money' and 'never work' it's propaganda

dubs of truth!

We aren't triggered. We're flabbergasted that you have not only wasted your money, but somehow also maintain the illusion that your degrees are just as challenging and just as worthy of recognition as STEM degrees.

STEM grad here (SEng), philosophy is the most based elective you can take.

If war occurs tomorrow no one on Sup Forums has any value, especially not some spaghetti nigger

This. They will never know the freedom of flipping burgers at wendys.
They will be slaves to their valuable usefulness.

Dude, I'm on my way to completing my second MA and then I'm doing my PhD in the states. You don't just "do your PhD" like it's a one year proceedure. And you're sure as fuck not simply guaranteed a job wherever you want in higher academia. So unless you're specializing in colonial studies, or you become a tranny, or you have connections in your literal moron of the arts field (seriously, History is a goddamn cake walk), keep playing slow pitch in baby school.

ez gg phaggot

t. pretentious philosophy major

>One hundred and ten thousand leaves

I'm on two different threads on Sup Forums right now that would normally cause waves of butthurt.

But everyone is more or less actually getting along and having proper conversations.

I'm proud you nigger.

First off, you posted your image in reponse to an user suspecting the validity of a high school history teacher making 110K You responded "lol live Canada, it's not a shithole" This image has nothing to do with high school history teachers, but principals, who are part of the administration aspect of a school, not teachers, who usually belong to a union

Then you backpedaled and said department heads only make this salary while also stroking your tiny Asian dick

Waterloo.

Because they have terrible terrible trouble thinking outside of predefined thought-box that someone else made for them.

>leaves
why not leafs?

Absolutely agree dude. I actually spent a lot of time studying the Stoics. Philosophy isn't about being a dictionary of ideas.

Waterloo is more than just "pretty good" since it's backed by the country's greatest co-op program.

You need to grow up
Lmao my grandmother has a PhD in philosophy and was a professor at Wayne state for years and my grandfather was a law school dean at my alma matter. I am more connected than you could dream of being

My advisor went there. He says it's pretty meh. Depends what you're there for desu

>Quoting black science guy for anything

Wew.

The thing is,t hey don't apply things to rigid and predictive theorems. They make assumptions. Sociology as a field is interiors for it's use of unrepeatable scientific papers, which is kind of a non sequitur, but there you go.

>Yeah my grandma and grandpa will write me reference letters! They're still relevant in my field!

Are you fucking retarded ahahaha

>Everyone on Sup Forums is as pathetic as me.

nothing l o l

Because it has no real world uses.
Now if you will excuse me. I have to get back to my research project figuring out how to increase the efficiency of coal fire power plants so that American industry can remain competitive for the next few decades

T. Stemfag

please tell me you're not unironically using his quotes
please...

>I am useless, but I consider myself above everyone here so they must be useless too.

>You need to grow up
Tit for tac, dumb leaf, don't assume I stamp golfballs just because you're getting BTFO and quit baiting people into thinking T E A C H E R salaries are on par with A D M I N salaries while also gloating about your trust fund despotism you fucking parasite

more like poo-in-loo amirite
literally all of the people in university in canada on Sup Forums are from Waterloo

You aren't very smart are you?

good luck wasting your money as an international student. I know the world is in dire need of more philosophers, my local starbucks seems understaffed recently

0/10 copypasta you're supposed to remote the line breaks before you paste

These faggots are exactly why STEM hates them, they're parasites trying to dig themselves further into the body politic, they're self centred narcissists.

You have 0 reading comprehension skills and I don't go back to work until after labour day so I am not teaching you.

Probably explains the autism

maybe once we solve the world's problems we can focus on sharts and poomanities but for now STEM will be what fixes that

here are some more T E A C H E R salaries

Do you mean social studies or are there provinces where they actually have history classes?

Well, I have a full ride at both of the universities I'm attending, so I'd wager I'm smarter than you. Besides, if you weren't such a retard, you'd know that schools in the states rarely accept international PhD candidates unless they qualify for funding. Nobody is stupid enough to do a doctorate without funding. Fuck you're an idiot ahaha.

Maybe teaching colonialism to screaming children really is your calling! Stay assmad about being academically irrelevant and looked down upon by your academic peers and superiors

Forever