If Kubrick was still alive

What movie would you have liked him to make instead of someone else? What material to adapt?

I'd love to see a Kubrik movie of the Metal Gear franchise, just for the shits an giggles

Only a sith deals in theoreticals

A Confederacy of Dunces directed by Stanley Kubrick

I love metal gear, with that being said it is way too convoluted.

It's fun to theorize to a degree

Napoleon.

Plenty of real movies that almost got made but weren't to lament. For me the top ones are Kubrick directing a Napoleon film (starring Jack Nicholson as Napoleon), Jodorowsky's Dune, and Guillermo del Toro's At The Mountains Of Madness.

Imagine Kubrik and Kojima arguing about the perfect shots. The movie would never get finished and one of both would die under mysterious circumstances

Kubrick's take on capeshit woulda been interesting. He'd choke the life out of the whole genre.

kys for even thinking this. capeshit is fucking cancer and kubrick would've hated it.

what happened to that dog's eye and who puts an eyepatch on a fucking dog

I more imagine him creating something like Unbreakable though. Subtle superpowers and real life evil

he was hurt, obviously. The eyepatch is just for aesthetics

IT'S A WOLF

It got shot out in a war zone. The real question is why Snake employs a crippled dog

oh, that makes sense then, nevermind, thanks

Kubrick's Watchmen could be fun.

He also employs crippled humans, weebs and horses.

>People in this board think Kubrick would adapt their shitty videogames

Yeah but he never lets the crippled humans and weebs off the helicopter except like once to deliver a coup de grace to Pizza Face

I'm still pissed at Kojima for MGS2's confusing story. I'm glad he backed off of it for the most part in MGS3 which had the best story. I give MGS1 a pass for the clone story. MGS4 was good for nostalgia, and I wasn't pissed at MGSV story because after playing the whole series I have accepted Kojima pulling that type of stuff off.

Pretty much. It's just what you expect. I even looked kind of forward to it. It's just too bad he couldn't finish MGSV properly.

The only one who could direct a Metal Gear film would be Kojima.

Napoleon dynamite.

>I'm still pissed at Kojima for MGS2's confusing story

Spotted the brainlet, a 13 y/o me understood the story without trouble.

>talking shit about the best MG story of all
True American hero coming through

Metal Gear past 2 is full on terrible. Everything is just MUH 40 YEAR OLD JUDO WOMAN

MGSV is BvS of vidyashit.

>MGS1
Good characterers, good arcs. Setting threads on borderline fantasy-sci-fi but still somehow manages to stay """"""""realistic"""""". Best in the series overall.
>MGS2
Totally different animal. Unique story with storytelling that is impossible to adapt to any other medium. Masterpiece but not really characterer driven.
>MGS3
Loveletter to Bond movies. Not very good story, but well told.
>MGS4
Kojima cant pull his head out of his ass. He hates Solid Snake for some reason.
>MGS5
Someone took 10 good ideas and just mashed them all together while trying to make cinema. Pinnacle on the series gameplay wise. The ending nearly forgives its lackluster of story.

>Kubrick directing another Sci-Fi movie
Summer is here.
This.
Plausible.

The real answer is a movie about Nazis and/or the Holocaust though.

Horror was and to an extent still is considered a low brow genre too and yet he made The Shining. Same goes for Science Fiction or at least it used to till he made 2001. Hell, just in terms of content Clockwork Orange could have easily been complete exploitation shlock.

>The Shining
Which is not a horror movie per se since he clearly derived from the supernatural stuff in the novel and focuses on the personal abyss.

Then you didn't get it. It's intentionally confusing and convoluted.

>you didn't get it if you got it
Not him and yeah its confusing but I got what was happening on my second playthrough when I was like 14.

Yeah, no. Jack Torrance was a much better fleshed out character in the book and his descent into murderous insanity wasn't nearly as believable in the movie. It still worked because Nichsolson played him well but in comparison it had a lot less focus on that.

Yeah, I know but in the books its pretty clear: Indian Cemetary whereas in the movie the whole child-abuse thing is fairly plausible. It's really toned down on the usual horror stuff.

BTW Kubrick directing a movie about Islam would be neat. Like a movie about Bin Laden or something.

>story about a SUPER BADASS who single handedly saves the fukkin world from certain destruction through gritty determination and selfless sacrifice

Wow, what a compelling story.

You video game babbies love to sperm yourselves any time a video game has the gall to treat its cretinous audience as anything more than the candy-eating children that they are. Here's a tip, fuckos, just because the game has 3 and 4 syllable words does not inherently elevate it above Sonic the Hedgehog and Mario.

who hurt you this much, user?

Intentionally confusing doesn't mean impossible to get. Also, I beat it like 3 times in a row, so I don't remember if I got it in my first playthrough or the second one like or the third one

>implying wanting video game movies isn't fedora as fuck
The fuck is your problem summer fag? Read some interviews or anything about Kubrick. He despised most of popular culture and as much as I like to watch Capeshit on a hungover Sunday morning it's obviously childish garbage. Also I just tried to get a quote from him on comics so I googled and literally everything that comes up is R E D D I T.

On the other hand Kubrick is on tape saying he'd like to do a movie about the Holocaust and/or "war" itself. It makes total sense for him to do it after Schindlers List and Private Ryan. That was his game: Let other people try to tackle a subject and blow them out of the water years later.

kek, I just looked at MGS2 release date and I was 13 when playing it. Doesn't change the fact that it was a shit story

>It's intentionally confusing and convoluted

fucking Kojima LITERALLY spoonfeeds you the ending after all the le wacky shit brainlets can't understand. This is why nobody takes 'gamers' seriously kys back to Sup Forums my mans

The napoleon film he was supposed to make.

>feeling the need to barge into a light hearted thread about imagining fun combinations and needlessly insult everyone while feeling superior.

BRAVO

Silmarilllion

I think he's the only one who can pull it off.

Arrival reminded me of Kubrick except for a lack of preexisting music.

Metal Gear Solid in a nut shell

>Snake/Boss, you have to prevent the launch of metal gear, it's an unstoppable nuclear equipped tank
>Stop launch sequence then somehow don't
>Cutscenes of Metal Gear destroying armies, tanks, helicopters, etc
>Somehow manage to take it down with missile launcher

>fun
reddit

This desu

Have you ever played portable ops? It had a really good story that actually does a good job connecting MGS3 with MGS2. The thing is that Kojima didn't write it and only considers certain parts of it canon. To make things worse he never explicitly said which parts are considered canon

>"let's start a new thread about Kubrick!"
>posts a picture of a video game
>people only talk about said game

Nigga you hijacked your own thread