Do you think we live in a simulation?

Do you think we live in a simulation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bp4NkItgf0E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doesn't matter if we do because it's reality to us either way.

irrelevant

If we do, it's a horrible simulation.
I hate this game

Then Alt+F4 you faggot

Yes but it makes little to no difference regardless so who gives a fuck

Lol, this is the type of argument my retarded brother and father always respond because they're too small-minded to speculate about anything that they can't answer with certainty.

I have no idea, I have read somewhere that scientists have noted that the Universe seems too "set".

Nah, it matters. It could affect who our creators are if any, and what they might do with us.

I see you've just begun your journey. Buckle up there are many bumps ahead.

No we live in Canada

I think theres some scientific paper explaining that its way more likely that we are living in a matrix type thing than not.

which is pretty fucking cool if you ask me.

I know this for a fact.

Not in the slightest.

BUCKLE UP BUCKAROO

Where's the fucking keyboard

What's the difference between simulation and creation?

>can't make any arguments against religion
>G-god isn't real! We are in a computer and it's all fake!

>living in a pod being fed liquefied dead people and being watched over by machines.

S-sounds great.

If we do, then I exist outside of the simulation and everyone else is an NPC. I know for a fact that I'm sentient.

You are the terminal.
Like any computer you are hackable.
Look how to do so .

>i figured it out bro but u think im gonna tell u u have to figure everything out on ur own but u won't because only i can figure this kind of stuff out im smarter than u yung grasshopper :)

>can't make any arguments against religion
christ, you're dense

I'm putting it at a 15% chance.
However, I don't think it would be a "brain-in-a-jar" kind of simulation so much as us being a result of the simulation.
Human life actually means less if we're in some freaky alien's CPU. Maybe god is a neckbeard.

What does sentience have to do with existing outside the simulation?

>Deus Ex Machina.

Hack yourself.

why don't you just tell me?

1 civilization somewhere makes a simulation
For every, say, 100,000 people in that civilization, 1 of them is running a simulation of 6 billion.
The real civilization has 50 billion people, so there are 500,000 simulations running for a total of 3000 trillion simulated lifeforms.

Now imagine the sims are so sophisticated that some of them develop simulations. Now you have 1 prime civilization guy running a sim of 6 billion who are in turn running tens of thousands of sims with billions of simulated people. Sims within sims.

If the power is there, this can go a long way down.

Bottom line, if any civilization anywhere can develop this kind of technology then the number of artificial (simulated) lifeforms will rapidly and exponentially outnumber the real ones.

So, just playing the odds, there's probably something like a 1 in 50 trillion trillion chance that you are a real being in the real universe.

The huge massive bulk of all "living beings" in existence are actually sims.

if god has a super computer that holds positional coordinates of every single atom in the universe then yea I guess our lives can be a simulation. Because that is all that it takes.

I certainly would hope so.

That way when shit goes crashing down they can just start a new game and try over.

It would explain why everything is so illogical and fucked up. If this world was "real" I think the beings living in it would take it more seriously.

>my family is retarded for adopting an accepted philosophical viewpoint

>God is a neckbeard
What if God was one of us

This thread triggers me.

If we did would it change anything?

I don't think it would.

Just a slob like one of us?

Just a stranger on the bus...

No u John snow

depends what you mean by a simulation
greater than 99.99% of matter is empty space
everything that happens follows a set of concrete rules
all the complexity of the universe results from innumerable simple, predictable interactions
everything you experience is not actual reality, but an electrochemical response to stimulus on your sensory organs.
but we're probably not sitting unaware in vats of goo with wires plugged into our heads being fed a computer generated world

That fact that this is the only type of reality we know about says a lot.
We're unable to imagine out of the box, because we don't even know where the box starts and ends.

yes but watch out, you are a drone like some of the humans, but some are also enforcers who want to make sure the drones think this is a simulation. there is no escape buddy.

>Do you care if we live in a simulation?

ftfy

Deer mind blown.gif

Ive seen that shit trippin on salvia

>Bound by trips.

Just Begun a meditation program and stick to it.
It makes more being constant than intense.
If you do this your path will eventually unfold in front of you.
Sorry but you got to see it for yourself.

Sounds like something an npc would say to me

At the gun store or on a bridge.

Tryna make his way home...

we are all npcs user, all npcs in the great simulation.

Politics wouldn't be so shitty in a simulation.

Yes.

Pic related is the proof

Where did you get they believed in anything greater at all?

They don't. They like to shit on all accepted theories out there because they think they're smart. My dad doesn't believe in relativity, doesn't even think it's possible just because of how it sounds and what it means about time, etc..

No.
If anything I'm real and you're the simulation.
Also

Yes I do, which would mean that the creator(s) of the universe isn't perfect and doesn't necessarily know everything about what they created, and that bugs/problems are very possible if not guaranteed.

youtube.com/watch?v=bp4NkItgf0E

Do you think your alive at all?

>Pic related is the proof

no

>solipsism is the ultimate redpill

Probably. I mean, eventually, as our computers get better and better, we'll be able to create simulated universes, and a perfectly simulated universe would give rise to simulated life in the same way the real universe gives rise to real life. That's probably what we are, because if we can eventually do this, so will our simulated life forms, and so we're probably in a chain of perfectly simulated universes nearly infinitely long, and to be the first in that chain sounds pretty much impossible.

Please explain.

I think conscience beings have effects on the quantum mechanics and what plays out in the real world..

Except we have no evidence that a species can be stable enough to actually develop simulations.

Good

It is similar in a way to that equation that shows how fast a population can fill up space once space colonization is achieved

This type of view isn't even retarded. It's actually being quite real and honest. Most of these ideas like being a simulation is man's wishful thinking. Man is a bored creature with a lot of imagination. It's constantly imaging itself as being more destined than the other animals. It's gotta to be greater, created with a purpose and given a special place somewhere.

That's just man's arrogance. It's more mature to accept reality as real than to indulge in flights of fantasy that one can never prove but it makes them feel more important for thinking such, rather than being a very different animal.

No.

Going off the above obviously.

Even if we were, who's doing the "simulating" and why? That just adds another lair of unnecessary complexity to the entire business.

A better question is, if we somehow confirm we are sims, is it possible to work like a computer virus and get out?

Check out "the holographic universe" by Michael talbot

this reminds me of when Valve introduced the variable gun pricing in CS:S, and the Glock immediately dropped to $2, so with a simple bind you could spam 401 replicated physics objects in a pile on the first round and slow the server frame rate to seconds-per-frame.
>Terrorists win

I don't know if I agree with this, but I've got nothing to argue against it. I like the way you think.

We all have to focus our energy on a single point in space all at once!

I've thought quite a bit about this and recently decided that there's no way. For one reason:

Why do we want what we want?

If we look at our desires, emotions, and personality traits they align perfectly with this "world" we live in. If it were merely a simulation and our minds were totally detached and *actual* reality was unfathomably different, why can our personalities and dispositions be explained so perfectly by their development in the simulation's world?

The only way this could be is if:

a) the simulation is just an almost perfect copy of the real world with different variables (like the matrix). but this possibility isn't really philosophically useful

or

b) the simulation was made with built-in explanations of our personalities and traits that correspond conveniently to our *real* world needs and desires

or

c) our personalities (wants, needs, instincts, dispositions) are entirely separate from the *real* world and are exclusively based on the world of the simulation. if that's the case then the beings in the *real* world who correspond to us aren't really "us" in any meaningful sense and we only exist in the world of the simulation.

I can sense potential holes in my theory based on "gnosis" (realizing your true non-simulation self maybe?) but its something youd have to personally experience to know whether or not there really is some deeper connection between simulation me and *real* me. im actually getting freaked out now cause this would explain gnostic denial of the world and broader mystical ascetic practices i need to go

what if we can destroy a part of reality and open a portal to the exterior?

If we do I want to go back to my save point in 2004.

We live in a contrived environment, its man-made.
Its a simulation of life for next year and that one for the year after. Rome was a simulation for America, America for China. Egypt for Romania if they want it to be. Star Trek for Europe. Trial and error. data. You can appreciate how everything is reported, put into data sets, turned into a science and then that is used to provide the next step. everything becomes a simulation.

You need to better define your question. If you mean do we live in a simulation exactly the same as that in the Matrix films. Unlikely.

If we do, then it fucking sucks and I want a refund

>my family are retarded for realizing shit don't matter either way

lad

No but the media is lying to us about all the terrorism stuffs

I think we put way too much faith in our simulations as it is. For instance we simulate people but we don't simulate things like acne, which is dead little organisms that get stuck in our pours.

The point being there is so much going on in the microscopic and macroscopic picture that man usually ignores when making it's simulations. They'll never be true or real, just what man wants to see out of it.

You sound like a cunt, and if I overheard you in public, I would throw my chicken caesar salad at your head to make you shut the fuck up for polluting the public dialogue with your pedantic diatribes.

Up my ass

But the "people" inside the simulations would think it's true

No, not really.

I believe this too but I tend to keep it to myself. I just let this power flow through me sometimes and it's scary even it works a little bit. When you can feel the atoms of your being vibrate in such a while it's effecting the vibrations, the very movement and destiny of the other atoms.

>Behavioral sink
>simulation

close enough desu lads

>too small minded to speculate

Any fucking retard can speculate. We could be living on the left testicle of the great cosmic goat for all we know. At some point people start to lose interest in fruitless speculation.

u r a fag

Would they think at all? What *is* thought? How can we properly simulate thought?

it doesn't have to be exactly like that though

Ignorance is bliss

This is a good point. You guys are seeing simulation as "what would humans simulate" too much like the Sims.

Our universe appears to be a simulation for the concepts of order vs. Chaos (must main a broad spectrum of order vs chaos). Organisms simulate the idea of fighting for existence (billions of cells cooperating as the universe hits the limits of "order")

Well we would never be able to get to the physical universe..... Perhaps to a different layer of the simulation with some effort.

its just autism.

Yeah this is a pretty lame ass simulation we got here

>mfw

>tfw Earth's gravity is at its strongest at midnight in the middle of low tide at the coincidence of the perihelion and perigee, and there are more cells in your body that don't belong to your body than do

Don't worry about it, requires years of training to break the barrier of reality.
Bretty hard to do by accident.

>I know for a fact that I'm sentient.
prove it then

yeah and lot of drugs i bet

I think what hes talking about are beings outside or above this reality not men

Sort of like our cells are on a lower level (or higher)

I cant believe we made a thread without discriminations

(Inserts presidents speech from independence day about humans uniting to fight aliens)

If I die here do I die for Real?

I know you'll only speak in super vague rhetoric, but if I wanted to break these barriers, how should I start?

I have been attempting astral projection on and off for two years now. I have never succeeded. I have however, had three "incidents". Two of which left me completely certain that astral travel outside of ones body was possible.

In the most distinct event, I managed to somehow slide about 1 foot out of my body, headfirst. I felt incredible and terrifying sensations that I never knew were possible. Then I became very scared and was immediately snapped back into my body.

What do you think it would be like?