Symbiote Thread

So do we know who the new Venom is yet?

Also symbiote thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VyZh_xg22Qk
youtube.com/watch?v=LWdyFFHCP84
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtu.be/VyZh_xg22Qk

If it's not Andi Benton you can chop my dick off. She's the most obvious option.
>We know it's not any previous owner
>Agent Venom's aiming to "cure" her
>No pronouns used for Venom in the solicit
>She's a teenage girl, so diversity quotas

Whoever it is, Im already disappointed that it isnt a girl.

How do you know? No tits, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a guy, and people have been theorizing that - if it is Andi - she'll use the bigger Venom form to "hulk out" and have a more traditional Mania look by default.

You have a point there, will just have to see I suppose.

Though I confess I don't like the whole Hulk-Venom thing at all. I prefered the older style where it was form-fitting. Peter with the symbiote was pretty lean, Brock was huge by virtue of being a bodybuilder and Brock's wife when she got it for half a comic looked like

If we're really lucky, something will go wrong with the purification process, and Mania's symbiote will be cured of only the demon, and become the classic Venom that they advertised. Then Flash can still be Agent Venom with another Venom around. I mean, Marvel's all about having multiple heroes with the same name right now, right?
2 Spider-men (3 if you count 2099)
2 Thors
2 Captain Americas
2 Iron men (except one's gonna be a girl)
2 Hawkeyes
2 Novas
2 Wasps
What's wrong with 2 Venoms? Then Flash could be like the mentor of the book, trying to hold her back from her more violent tendencies.

I quite like the idea of Venom being abit of a villain again.

Nah she's gonna be so much better than the male version that flash will be learning from her XD

My biggest pet peeve on Agent Venom will always be symbiote guns. It started as a suit, why can it morph into fucking everything now? If anything, give an explanation as to why it can morph more easily into some things, but then it limits some other stuff. The True Believers symbiote could pull electriomagnetic/technopathic stunts, but couldn't do abnormous hulkouts for example.

Although Agent Venom can look absolutely cool when drawn by the right artist.
How was Olivetti on Spaceknight anyways? Latest thing I read he did art on was that Predator Fire and Stone mini and it looked horrendous.

Hear me out, what if... Spiderman was Venom?pic unrelated

Go on....

I always figured he could keep the guns hidden in the costume, like he could even disassemble larger guns like rifles and keep the pieces inside; then use the symbiote to put them back together and into his hands. He's a war hero so I imagine he's very knowledgeable about firearms so even if the guns are actually made of the suit, there'd be more precedent for him having the knowledge to construct a working firearm.

The symbiote has never manifested itself as Venom with Peter Parker, only ever as a suit for Spider Man. I think it'd be cool, especially since one of the tenets of Spiderman's character is to always have something destructive in his life, would be if the now purified symbiote re-bonded with Pete and made him more of a savvier, cutthroat business mogul as head of Parker industries and a flashy celeb as SpiderVenom. He could have like, non-carnivorous teeth, just a big goofy grin he could flash

Venom doesn't look good with tits

I respectfully disagree comrade.

Regular Venom, sure. But i think that's just because of the lack of hair. Scream and Mania look cool imo

The ideal situation would be:

>Thompson loses Venom to Andi
>Brock loses Toxin to Thompson
>Brock becomes Anti-Venom again

I feel all this symbiote swapping really weakens the concept of 'bonding'.

Remember when it was supposed to be permanent and separation could be fatal to both symbiote and host in all but the most exceptional circumstances.

Great idea, we could have him lose his grip on reality and become poor again because of it. It could be an excuse for him to seek out the Fantastic Four and bring them back. They could even have Miles double head Amazing as he tries to stop Venom and get Peter back and in the end Eddie Brock has to come get the symbiote back since he's the only one who can control.

A great way to get a return to status quo

We've already been through this. There is no new host. The new series is about the symbiote being on its own.

What a tweest.

Christ that would be awful.

That'd be alright desu

Nah, ideal for me would be revealing Pat it's still alive and Toxin going back to him.

>So do we know who the new Venom is yet?
Isnt that the question of the day?

>My biggest pet peeve on Agent Venom will always be symbiote guns.

They weren't symbiote guns, unless something new has happened in Space Knight. They at first didn't explain it, but in an issue after Circle of Four (I think the symbiote slayer arc with Toxin's return), you clearly see Flash assembling a gun with the symbiote. He keeps all the pieces on his person, they're not constructs.

I want to be raped by a girl wearing a symbiote suit, help, what do?

Also speaking of Anti-Venom does Anti-Venom even count as a symbiote considering it was created on Earth and not really an official whatever the fuck stupid ridiculous name their species have? I'm sure there's a legit explanation.

youtube.com/watch?v=LWdyFFHCP84

>"There wont be enough left of Spiderman to fit in a matchbox, but we'll try!"

>They at first didn't explain it, but in an issue after Circle of Four
They actually explain it in his first apperance. He keeps several gadgets in the symbiote, syringes and what not.

I was like you once
Then I started visiting the Sunday Symbiote threads
Now I have a folder of delicious symbiote cheesecake goodness
Black Cat is my favourite

Brock Venom > Toxin > Anti-Venom > Carnage > Hybrid > Payback > Flash Venom > Superior Carnage> Scorn > Gargan Venom > trash > Mania
This is objective truth

>Payback

I keep meaning to read True Believers.

Planning to storytime it this week because it's a bitch to find online, keep an eye on Sup Forums

Having to wait a month for this is killing me.

I haven't been keeping up with Venom's current run, but was the symbiote mindwiped or something?

He was drugged back during the early days of Agent Venom, and the Symbiotes on his home planet "purified" him, but I don't think its memories have ever been erased.

It gets a little murky with Peter's identity because of OMD/OMIT. I was always under the impression that the symbiote still knew, but just didn't reveal that to its hosts because of the spell, but the latest comic makes it sound like it doesn't even remember trying to bond to Spider-man at all.

Here's the page I mentioned for reference

Aren't all the important symbiotes descendants of Venom and created on earth?

Anti-venom is kind of an artificial symbiote. I'm not even clear if it has a mind of its own.

Basically IIRC Negative Man used his powers on Brock to cure his cancer or something? But Brock had enough residual Venom built up in his system that it reversed that, too, and turned into anti-venom (this was while Gargan still had the original.)

So AV is a bit of an exception caused by powerfuckery while all the other ones are descendents

Anti-Venom is basically Brock's white blood cells mutated into a symbiote-like controllable membrane. It never once showed any hint of having its own consciousness, it was just an extension of Brock's will. A comparative scenario would be if Tony Stark got hit by terrigen mists and gained the power to shoot repulsor blasts from his hands and feet.

If you want a more nuanced explanation for why Mr Lee's healing powers intracting with Brock's symbiote exposed immune system caused him to gain a symbiote-like superpower, see Loki's theory of Narrative Gravity.

really does make it seem they want to drop the veil, but im sure its just another fakeout in the end

Pretty much this. The remaining symbiote in Bricks symbiote bonded to his white blood cells forming this new entity

>see Loki's theory of Narrative Gravity.
Can you expand on this? Google isn't much help

This pleases me so much, it's almost exactly how I was writing her fate before. At the same time it kills what little motivation I had to continue my script. Can't wait for the tpbs of this to be released.

So Loki, the big bad god of chaos of mischief, has a run-in with Spider-Man and is hit with a rather brutal insult: he is just far too predictable to be considered chaos.

He then goes on a massive quest to get himself exempted from all the rules regarding Asgardians dying, commits suicide by proxy in Siege, and is reborn tabula rasa. Kid Loki.
Kid Loki works long and hard to get people to believe in him, he truly is innocent of his previous selves crimes.
and then it turns out he'd walked right into a trap set up by a copy of is previous selve's mind that had been left as an advisor for him. The only option for him to take was to kill himself and let old Loki take over his body, which people now trusted, which means he would be able to go about his usual schemes with less overhead.
You see the issue here.
Another issue is that the copy was a copy, and it knew it was a copy. It tried doing what it was created for but while running with the Young Avengers he broke down with guilt and realized all his collectives selves work was being undone.

So he resolves to be a better person and live with his crime. Except suddenly there's an evil future version of him running around trying to compel him into trying to take over Asgard again. Evil King Loki corners him in a similar trap to how he cornered kid Loki before.

At which, he finally has the breakthrough he needs to escape predictability. lies=stories=myths, and he manages to transform from an evil god of lies to a trickster god of stories.

but even then, after all that, he warns his companion that there is still a gravity being exerted on him by his past, trying to make him like he used to be, because deeds and names become myths and stories, and stories have gravity. 'evil Loki, enemy of the Avengers' there's hundreds of stories about that, and all those stories exert gravity, warping fate and choice to try and trap Loki within.

and in this case that gravity well of stories is 'Eddie Brock is Venom'

see also this

those stories are always just behind the present, like moons creating tides of status quo

People who think itès Andi are idiots who love wishful thinking their dumb waifu, shitty character .

the new venom has been confirmed to be bad, why would Andi be a villain?

>>"Venom is back and badder than ever!
The symbiote you know and love has returned to New York City. No more “Agent of the Cosmos.” No more “Lethal Protector.” It’s time for a new Venom, and it’s great to be bad."

So we know it's not andi because why would she be a villain, also they wouldn't be able to NOT blast publicity about it if venom was a teenage girl to get the sjw's on board

"Mike Costa and Gerardo Sandoval have some big ideas, and fans are going to lose it when they learn who’s wearing the symbiote,” Alonso said."

also that implies that somebody IS bonded to the symbiote and kills the other popular theory that the symbiote has no host and is independent

tl;dr; your fan theories are fucking stupid

Don't quit Jerm

It's Harry Osborn for that cartoon synergy and some cheap drama.
Calling it.

>and fans are going to lose it when they learn who’s wearing the symbiote

And people won't lose it when it turns out that nobody is wearing the symbiote right?

I really liked those purple symbiotes from the PS1 game. Were those ever in the comic?

fuck off nigger that thread sucks

Post more Venom rants, they're so fun to read out loud.

That actually sort of explains the sliding time scale
certain events are so important that they end up being always just a few years before now

I wont, I'll finish it someday, just for you and my one other fan.

God I hate Ramos, especially how he draws Venom.

some black asian hindu arabic atheist

>Those tiny hands

Wasn't that the plot of that terrible 2003(ish) series? The one that totally aped The Thing and was all together terrible?

I enjoyed it, probably because I fucked loved that movie. That wasn't actually Venom though, but rather a clone of the symbiote.

Who should get VENOM'd next, Sup Forums?

There is no host, the symbiote is going solo.

Warpath looks a lot of 2099

We're long overdue for Gwenom

It's kind of a right of passage for Spider-People to get Venom'd, I'd like to see Silk in the symbiote any day before Gwen though

>Scream is dead
Seriously it's a shame. Not to mention killing off other symbiotes and their hosts...at least we have Scorn.

Also nice doubles and triplets.

We also have the symbiote dog

I think I'd rather Silk getting goblin trip flashbacks

Yeah with the Hybrid symbiotes. But didn't Deadpool tell him to go to the big wigs at the pentagon?

Yeah, but whoes to say he's a good dog and listened to the insane Canadian who smells like rotting bacon?

Heh. Hoping the dog finds a good owner.

It's canon that Scorn's host, Tanis, likes dogs.

Heh. A tech-assimilating Carnage spawn and her symbiote dog. I already like this.

hate those goddamn shoulder-eyes.

Hybrid the Dog is a very intresting character to me, I like to believe that he/she is able to keep the four diffrent symbiotes in line via the pack mentality that dogs have, it's the Alpha and the symbiotes are it's pack.

Now that's a interesting concept.

I hope that the Scream symbiote joins its siblings on the Hybrid dog

Give it her hair and turn into a shaggy dog or a lion's mane