I'll have an argument, please

the first time jean grey becomes the dark phoenix is when she was with the hellfire club

emma frost is just a jean grey gimmick

cyclops' popularity is only in relation to the writers foisting a powerful female mutant on him as a significant other. that's also a gimmick

when magneto said that the O5 should be sent back to their time, cyclops said that it didn't matter.

stop talking smack about beast.

uh?

Saged and reported

>cyclops' popularity is only in relation to the writers foisting a powerful female mutant on him
Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that his eyes punch PUNCHES FROM THE PUNCH DIMENSION

>punch dimension

yet another contrived detail about scott summers

found the cyclops fan. are ya'll self appointed hall monitors these days?

You're a contrived detail.

my origin story is still better than cyclopses

let's call him one eye! so creative!

what color is your fur again? Do you even have fur? What's up with your facial structure? Are you a villain or not? Are you gay? Are you Bobby?

Beast was pretty cool in the 90s cartoon.
Every time Snikt'bub got his ass kicked which was every other episode Blue Boy was there to pick up the slack.

>the first time jean grey becomes the dark phoenix is when she was with the hellfire club
This is an objective fact. How is it controversial, except for the whole "it was Jean!Phoenix pretending to be Phoenix!Jean"?

You can't report actual Sup Forums threads no matter how inane. Unless it classifies as actual trolling then you can but it's left to the janitor to decide.

so get this.

mutants are another evolutionary step. beast's character is the embodiment of mutancy and evolution. that's why he changes.

also hulk was originally grey

>blue boy pick up the slack

he did that all the time. it's amazing how just putting your friends in a truck and driving them away from an explosion is just as useful as jumping around NOT getting caught be Phalanx! like everyone thought they would "fight" phalanx. that was definitely a brain over brawns dealio

i was correlating it with emma frost, and an aristocratic secret society with a "holier than thou" attitude, which is shared by cyclops and his fans

>are you a villain or not?

what? since when has beast ever not been the most morality driven character besides silver surfer or punisher?

Since the last five years easily. Villain may be a little strong, but "inner team antagonist" doesn't seem far off. Beast is prone to making unilateral decisions with serious consequences. And the fact that you mentioned the Punisher as a similar hero kind of proves my point.

>prone to making unilateral decisions with serious consequences

straight bullshit.

he called for help before he time traveled
he was dying and needed another version of himself to look at a problem with fresh eyes
time travel happens all the time
it's only fair since others were making unilateral decisions without him, keeping secrets in the first place.

punisher follows his own moral code. it is a moral code nonetheless

dubs confirmed.
Blue Boy definitely deserved more credit and spotlight than Eye Puncher and Snikt'bub.

i know, right? like they had a whole episode of wolverine and sabretooth fighting on an iceberg. waste of my time.

wolverine's primary redeeming quality was one he shared with beast. neither of them were ever condescending to Jubilee. both of them treated her with respect and everyone else just shit on her.

>serious consequences

what's that? everyone just ALLOWED the )5 to stay in the future so the writers could say iceman is gay?

yeah somehow i think beast isn't the problem here

But Blue Boy never killed a Sentinel for the Transmographier. Ergo, Sniktbub > Blue Boy.

blue boy saved sniktbub's life along with maverick and maybe also silver sable i think.

try again

Blue Boy never punched Ol' One Eye in the face.

that's because beast uses these things called "words"

i know, it might be difficult for some to understand

Or the fact he was basically the main character since the original roster.

that's partly true. but it shows that he's a flat character with and without a co-dependence with a psychic woman. forcing him to constantly be the leader all the damn time is boring and baroque. it's melodrama. his way of solving problems is increasingly simplistic.

he doesn't understand the difference between leading and teaching, and he's a bad leader if he has to keep secrets from his comrades. by not confronting beast about what x-force was doing, both cyclops and wolverine showed how passive aggressive they were.

beast asked for help and when no one answered, he took life by the reins and made a decision that did not have to be drawn out. the O5 could have been sent back and they were allowed to stay by everyone else, then they talked shit to beast as if their approval of the O5 staying was entirely his fault.

basically everyone and beast is at fault, but beast far less so. the writers and cyclops fans are fat from eating the upside down cake.

>forcing him to constantly be the leader all the damn time is boring and baroque.
Storm was the leader, at times, and a pretty great one. Scott was more than willing to just follow Xavier, until he figured it wasn't working so well (arguably, because shit writers shittin' on the X, but that's for another argument).

>and he's a bad leader if he has to keep secrets from his comrades
He was sort of letting the others live the dream, as well as he could. Things got ugly when they had to, but that doesn't mean he wanted that to be the "Mutant Way of Life".

>beast asked for help and when no one answered, he took life by the reins and made a decision that did not have to be drawn out
Again, I'm gonna blame writing, but remember when Beast was consorting with Dark Beast, Mr. Sinister, Sugar Man (I think he was there), etc to save mutants from extinction?
Huge screw-up, and he didn't exactly go around telling everyone about it.

If anything, you can blame Marvel for taking the approach that all geniuses have to be douches.

Beast, get off Sup Forums and keeping being a hypocritical douchebag who can't keep a girlfriend.

lol i've never had a gf, just friends with benefits. try again.

>consorting with Dark Beast, Mr. Sinister, Sugar Man (I think he was there), etc to save mutants from extinction?
>Huge screw-up, and he didn't exactly go around telling everyone about it.

1) saving a species from extinction will justify a few things
2) doing research on corpses is completely moral and med students use cadavers for training on the regular
3) yes he may have consorted with dark beast but he did not "consort" with the others, he asked for help.
4) the worst thing that happened was dark beast killed one of the guthrie's, who was probably only introduced that once so that he could be killed off... another narrational faux paux.

>blame marvel for taking the approach that all geniuses have to be douches

i agree with your assessment there. i'd also add that beast is so intelligent that it hasn't occurred to them to find intelligent writers or to give the other characters better lines that elaborate on the fact that they (characters) aren't smart enough to even fathom beast's actions which would explain their fears and discomfort

What the hell was the leader of SWORD then?

of course. i fucked viper in RL as user on Sup Forums

how could i have forgotten?

you jelly?

bump a lumping for truth