Where were you when Sup Forums BTFO'd Sup Forums?

It's pretty rich that someone who enjoys trashy fantasy escapism calls others manchildren.

I know this is a bait thread, but it should be obvious to anyone who's done simple research that STD is a blatant cash grab.
A few years ago CBS, who owns all rights to Star Trek, licensed the series over to Paramount for the JJ Movies. They did this on the condition that Paramount doesn't use props, makeup, etc resembling that of TOS or TNG, resulting in the strange look of the Klingons and Enterprise in the JJ movies. It turns out that normies don't even like watered down Star Trek, and they ended up losing money on the last JJ movie.
To recoup the costs, Paramount is making a TV show version of JJ trek and trying to peddle it to Trek turbonerds by claiming it's in the prime timeline, despite the fact they legally can't use anything from the established Star Trek series.
On top of all of this, they're releasing it on CBS's stillborn streaming service. Who the fuck is going to pay an extra $10/mo just for Star Trek?

>defending JJ
you see, that's where he reveals himself to be an utter pleb, not just a trekkie pleb, but a pleb in general

Is that true? I've heard variations on some of these points before, but I'm never sure.

If even 10% of that is true, about the contracts, I'm really feelin' something about that...

but jj trek featured the prime timeline

>actually defending ENT

It was fucking terrible.

>voyager pleb likes eating shit
Color me surprised

Xindi arc > Dominion War arc tbqh

This post is 100% bullshit

Rumor from Midnight's Edge. 75%+ of the shit that guy says in videos is complete rumor.

I'm not defending STD. Fuck it, fuck CBS, and Les Moonves, and everyone associated with STD, but there's no proof of most of what that guy says.

Only to a small extent, the look and feel of the movies and the timeline were heavily altered to appease mass movie plebs

>voyager being bad
it's still the third best star trek show pleb

tv is long dead to me. I'm just wallowing in trek nostalgia shit here.

I'm just sick of prequels, to be interesting the rely too heavily on awful time travel plots in a said bid to be relevant.

Voyager had a lot more shit episodes than good ones but the good ones are still worth watching

After a MASSIVE fucking power gap.

What

TNG
DS9
TOS
ENT
VOY
(((Discovery)))

Big achievement

TOS is unwatchable

ds9 is a space soap opera

>defends ENT and JJ
>calls others fool
We have all seen on the Sup Forums trek threads what kind of human being ENT attracts

Incredibly agreeable. I'm not sure on the placement of TOS, though. I haven't watched it in years and don't have much nostalgia for it, but it can't be as infuriatingly incompetent as Voyager is.

Still haven't watched Enterprise. Guess I'll do that sometime soon. I feel like it can't be as bad as people say.

>Incredibly agreeable.
it must be since you wrote it, samefag.

while this is here, anyone know what the source of this picture is that presumes to show gates mcfadden topless?

>To recoup the costs, Paramount is making a TV show version of JJ trek
But Paramount isn't making it. Your post is a lie.

Good rating system friendo.
IMO nothing will ever top TNG

>JJ star trek

>Star Trek
lmao

How could so many people be so wrong about Star Trek series order?

Official order:
TOS = TNG = DS9 > VOY > ENT

Official alternate order:
TOS = TNG = DS9 > VOY = ENT

Anything else is, objectively, wrong.

Beyond wasnt that bad tbqh.

I'm fairly certain that both Paramount and CBS are owned by Viacom.

Hence why this post is bullshit.

CBS has the rights to star trek because of the merge. They're no longer together, but every star trek movie was paramount. Paramount has full use of all trek lore.....and so does CBS. They had to work on terms of sharing the franchise though. The series is not being "licensed" out. Paramount maintains film rights, CBS has the rights to a new TV show, the older shows are still syndicated and there's split profit from them going to each company.

However moving forward, paramount gets all the money from their projects and CBS all the money from theirs. Star Trek makes a lot of money, its always been a cash grab.

>screencapping and reposting your own posts

Pretty much this. The reason CBS is claiming it's original timeline is solely for legal reasons because they can't officially set it in the JJverse except by way of wink-nudge.

100% bullshit, not and easy feat in a post that long so: congratulations.

*Except it's CBS making it and trying to tie it into the Paramount movies.

They explained at Star Trek: Las Vegas that they're trying to emulate the look and feel of JJshit, but that the stories themselves will absolutely NOT be in the JJshit universe.

>During the Q&A they were asked how the show ties together with the recent Star Trek feature films. Akiva Goldsman noted that there were similar production elements but not in terms of the canon:
>"Very mildly, sort of in various ways. Star Trek itself is complicated. Enterprise which gets a bad rap is its own thing as is DS9 as is The Original Series as is The Animated Series. We are bigger [budgetwise] than any of the shows so in that way we are more like the movies. Our sets are giant and more very filmic. We are very visual effects heavy. You can’t point the camera without pointing at a green screen. It’s big! So in that way we are like the movies. I can only say this, we are not in the Kelvin timeline. We are in The Original Series timeline. So we resonate with those stories. We are the precursor. We are ten years before TOS so we are telling those sorts of stories."

Please don't mindlessly believe whatever crap Midnight's Edge is trying to sell you. They are full of shit.

>Beverly was 9 years old when Picard became captain of the Stargazer

the fact that the "jj trek" label even exists is a problem in itself.

Meet Alexander Rozhenko
Alexander just joined the Klingon Army
Alexander is 7 years old

This is not normal, but on Bloodwine it is.

>Please don't mindlessly believe whatever crap Midnight's Edge is trying to sell you. They are full of shit.
The timeline is the least full of shit thing Midnight's Edge has said. I don't give a fuck what some producer says of Disco...that shit does NOT fit the Prime timeline.

The way I see it, this abomination of a Trek show is set in one of those parallel universes from the TNG episode Parallels. In fact, I like to think it's in the one where the Feds were overrun by the Borg and it's that fucking Walking Dead cunts fault.

First contact
Enterprise
Discovery
JJ movies
TNG
DS9
Voyager

>only do TOS if you are full born suicidal. If semi suicidal watch balance of terror, city on the edge of forever and the tribbles one and the movies (not the motion picture or 5).

>actually defending JJ's defecation on anything Star Trek related

>A few years ago CBS licensed the series over to Paramount for the JJ Movies. They did this on the condition that Paramount doesn't use props, makeup, etc resembling that of TOS or TNG, resulting in the strange look of the JJ movies.
>To recoup the costs, Paramount is making a TV show version JJ trek, despite the fact they legally can't use anything from the established Star Trek series.

Holy shit, I was oblivious to this fact. So Paramount and JJ's material is actually fan-film-tier in form as well as function.

Yes, what the fuck was up with that?

Then why does the Discovery have the Enterprise emblem?

Check. Mate.

>voyager pleb likes eating shit
Check out Voyager erotic fan fics some time. You can thank me by paying it forward.

>defending JewJew Abrahams

I watch L O S T in chronological order also.

Good list.

That is exactly why ENT failed. It wasn't a prequel that would set up things for TOS, everything was manipulated from 31st century, making it bizarre prequel-sequel hybrid. Also producers had done Trek for like 15 years and had lost touch with the medium they worked with. ENT basically got the point where it should have started in the first place in its final season when they got rid of Berman and Braga in favor of Manny Coto.

>I'm fairly certain that both Paramount and CBS are owned by Viacom.

Modern CBS is old Viacom. After the merger they formed new Viacom, that owns Paramount. Majority ownership of both are in same hands, but those are completely separate corporate entities.

CBS owns the Trek IP. Paramount owns copyright of existing Trek movies and made JarJar movies with license from CBS. Paramount acts as distributor for DVD/BlueRay releases from CBS.