Larry WILMORE SHOW

thewrap.com/larry-wilmore-firing-comedy-central-wrong-side-history-jonathan-demme/

Academy Award winning director just ripped Comedy Central a new one for canning Wilmore.

Spot on, really.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/reliable-source/wp/2016/05/01/the-complete-transcript-of-larry-wilmores-2016-white-house-correspondents-dinner-speech/
youtu.be/ikjZo7w4pq8
youtu.be/B436avtEXzs?t=1
youtube.com/watch?v=FF5VEqtCauw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he wasn't fired for being shit he was fired for being black

> no he was fired because he's an unfunny fuck who had shit ratings.

>hfw

Same thread on Sup Forums

tl;dr?

So they should have supported him despite his shit-tier ratings just because he's black.

This is what liberals actually believe.

>((((guest)))blog)
discarded

>it's not racist to support someone solely because of their skin color and not because of their performance

Yeah sorry, you haven't slid the definition of equality enough yet.

Believing that people should have equal results regardless of performance is pretty unamerican.

This wrong side of history meme needs to stop

Liberals actually believe that. White privilege is why his ratings were so low according to them.

In the real world Whites got fed up with his constant race baiting. At first they tried to spin this by saying their audience had become "more diverse."

>accusing CC which is basically BET 2 of being racist
liberals are fucking retarded

he wasn't encouraging his guests to chimp out

What annoys me is that people spout this "side of history" meme and they have no fucking clue where it comes from or what it's about. This bullshit can be traced back as far as Augustine and goddamn Kant and Hegel. What they are effectively saying is a form of "booo fuck your human agency!" to those who fight against the 'inevitable' flow of history as progress. They're like the Jacobins. It's actually scary.

He had awful ratings because he wasn't funny.

Also, TV is dying. His show might have been able to stay on the air for another year had it aired 10 years ago, but at this point, TV is losing a massive amount of it's audience, particularly young people. When I was in high school 2 years ago, I didn't know anyone who actually even watched TV, and in college now, I only know a few who watch the news with their parents very occasionally.

What did he mean by this?

well just know that and be ready to philosophically obliterate anyone who uses that argument with reason and citations of Hegel, etc whenever it happens

Jesus Christ, it sounds like it was written by a half Canadian, half Australian CTR shill with autism.

>waited on Jonathan Demme and company when I worked for a fancy Louisville steakhouse

AMA?

Maybe my detector is broken but I am like 50/50 on this being satire

how tall was he

what did he order

how was he to the staff

I never understood what right and wrong side of history means. whats it mean?

He's not Jewish so it probably is

Lrn2greentext

>average height I believe, only saw him standing on the way to the bathroom

>he ordered a tomahawk steak, barely touched it

>would stop any one walking by for things, annoyed the shit out of everybody
>shift manager ended up having one of the hostesses babysit his table for things
>I only carry out food and grab drinks for them
>5 people
>$980 tab
>$520 tip

Nasty guy!

Obnoxious but not the worst, Rick Pitino is still the biggest dickhead I've ever served

do tell senpai

This guy is trying to use "big and smart" sounding words to make people think it is right. Fuck that faggot, it is only a matter of time before everyone gets fed up with all this "waaaahhhh a black guy got fired wahhhh its because hes black waaaaahhhhhh". Shut the fuck if you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about, god damn I actually hope he drinks an entire gallon of bleach.

>wrong side of histroy

this is clearly stochastic racism

It's late and I'm too tired to type it all out
>Super nutshell ver 0.1
>changes order multiple times after I submit it to the kitchen
>very rude to my assistant and all staff all the time unless his "buddy" the owner was present
>orders EXPENSIVE wines and then would sometimes bitch after uncorking about price/quality/something
>had celebrity smugness oozing off of him

Waited on him twice, but saw him at least 8 times in my year plus at that job.

Money talks but not as much as hollywood

By calling us wrong insensitive bigots for spitting this shit out they are conditioning us for the next wave of rhetorical garbage

>the most thrilling and vital persona on television

Yeah, ok.

his standup routine at the whitehouse correspondence dinner was one of the worst performances i've ever seen.

washingtonpost.com/news/reliable-source/wp/2016/05/01/the-complete-transcript-of-larry-wilmores-2016-white-house-correspondents-dinner-speech/

you can't fuck up on those, they're extremely important to the popularity of the show.you have to give them a fucking reason to remember you during electing cycles.

they tried doing more not funny like stewart, they believed that people believed their own memes when they saw those ones floating around that say shit like
>when did john oliver and colbert become the most respectable news outlet
honestly, it wasn't a bad idea, this was an especially piss poor time for journalism. 24/7 media outlets were trying to go a more celebrity based route so they really could have blurred the lines.

now if i had to fill the spot of john stewart and colbert, i'd think really far outside of the box, a total 180 degrees, i'd go with alex jones and big man tyrone

it's so obvious that I don't even feel like saying anything. to even respond to this article with the 100% obvious response is just giving energy to something that deserves to die quietly.

Dawg, you have no idea how harambe I've gone on some of these retards.

You just drag them into the big greasy dialectical gyre

Wasn't chapelle on Comedy Central?

How could the implication that CC are a bunch of insensitive black lives don't matter ghost men, if they allowed Chappelle's show to exist and flourish to the point where even Chapelle got fucking sick of it and quit?

for example if you were a slave holder refusing to let go right before the Civil War you should do so so you're not on the wrong side of history

I've just about had it with opinion journalism altogether. It's one giant system that feeds on itself. "Journalists" who allegedly disagree are in cahoots responding to one another and feuding with one another and finding excuses to be outraged and offended. Everyone is in on the game. Everyone knows that television is a business, ratings equal revenue, and Wilmore's ratings sucked. Yet despite this knowledge the outrage industry keeps the show going.

>It's racist to fire black people no matter how shitty they are at their job

Liberals are cancer on society

my man

that was an entire decade ago tho m8

Even Better. Trevor Noahs shit ratings are being blamed for Larrys cancelation.

i guess larry dindu nuffin. smdh trevor. shame

>this man actually directed Silence of the Lambs
Was it like with the original Star Wars; George Lucas got the credit, but the movie would've been pretty awful if it weren't for the people in the production team who actually knew what they were doing?

>the wrong side of history

Again with that.

Reminder that the Mongols were on the right side of history.

I secretly like Wes Anderson films. I think they're great.

Hiring him put them on the wrong side of history.

Soon he'll be history.

Me too.

Honestly, Rushmore is one of my favorite movies.

Who the fuck is watching Adult Swim and those crappy Family Guy/American dad reruns?

To those who are like, "Why did they fire Wilmore?"

Simple answer is the same reason they have fired many other black host, reporters, analysis, and others positions from many of the other major networks... the jews/whites in control of those networks no longer need their black culture interpretors. The world is again shifting, with Obama about to be out of office and either Hillary or Trump in office black issues will take a back seat and with shit like BLM all offer the news and average people not supporting the black cause there is no longer a reason to pay blacks to give their opinion on whats going on.

I hope blacks enjoyed the last 8 years because going forward its back to the old 'we don't give a fuck about black people issues' position.

>yfw he joins TYT

He called the President "my nigga" to thunderous applause and absolute immunity to criticism by the press.

I cannot wait for these disgraceful people to be out of positions of power. Will love watching Obama see his legacy ripped to shreds every morning though.

show is shit and not working. Have to bend the rules because he's black or else you're a racist.

Blacks are the most pathetic people to fucking exist.

In those 8 years, they literally accomplished nothing. Except perhaps gaining the hate of the nation.

Subtle whispers

So, race relations and acceptance of black TV personas has gotten worse? Oh boy, who was president during these two time periods?

Solid tip, would tolerate for

He is a liberal. This is what he is actually saying " People, especially blacks, should only be judged on skin color because that's all they are worth to me. Larry should get his show back because his only accomplishment in life that really matters is how dark his skin is, not if he is talented or anything else that makes up a human being."

And people think Sup Forums is racist? All you have to do is look at any hardcore liberal for true racism.

>Larry "Spear Chucker" Wilmore gets his own show
>Show takes over Colbert's air time
>Larry "Spear Chucker" Wilmore is shit
>Nothing but nigger bitching and dindu nuffinz
>Show's rating is shit
>Year later
>Show isn't worth a damn to keep
>Jews of CC decided to not renew Larry "Spear Chucker" Wilmore contract
>Loses his show
>Niggers and beta fuck boy's are mad that CC is killing a show that sucks
Larry must have put his fat ass lips into work when he realized his sympathy show ain't getting another round

youtu.be/ikjZo7w4pq8

everybody on this board is on the wrong side of history

Liberals are literally the ones being racist when they spout shit like this just because the dude is black. It has to be the most hypocritical thing ever.

>goldberg
yeah no im not watching that
kill yourself kike lover

>reading this shit

The ACA looked like it might be successful those first couple of years but it's collapsing now. I guess the only thing he actually did was repeal DADT and DOMA and spend a trillion dollars on shitty construction projects.

Nice video user.

Seems a pretty poor deal for the black community and their 90%+ devotion to the democrats desu.

Nah man, do you know how many white liberals wrote about how blacks can feel inspired now? Can't put a price on that.

The point of comedy central is at least slightly rebellious. I'm not saying that its content creators/audience is particularly intelligent, but the reason you turn the channel to comedy central is because you want to hear someone poking fun at the absurdities of life, and our obsessions with things that should be trivial.

By comparison, Larry Wilmore is an extremely shallow and arrogant person. People see his skin color and assume he's "worldly," and so he's been convinced that he's worldly, clever, and funny. In reality, he's the kind of person who can invite Bill Nye onto his show to talk about water on Mars, and then spend the whole time heckling Nye with his gaggle of masturbators.
>MAN, WATER ON MARS? WHO CARES? WHENZ JON SNOW COMIN BACK?!
He's not at all a likable person, and it's why his show was doing so poorly.

AIYO HOL UP HOL UP!

His name was Willmore?? Damn..now I wish he'd stuck around so I could call him SHILLMORE AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!

>Bad ratings

>Network cant sell AD time therefore...

>Can't run the business

....but user everything is racist

MFA

it's because racist white people didn't watch the show that it had poor ratings.

Lip status: SMACKED

Its not only that Wilmore was way less funny or entertaining than the Colbert Report, it also is a one trick pony show. 110% of his airtime he talks about black people. Black this, black that, black, black, black.
Only one topic and not being funny or entertaining. No wonder his ratings dropped. After Colbert left, some watched the show just because it was in same timeslot as their usual show. But eventually they stopped.

I still remember his take on slavery....
>"I mean, we didn't enslave ourselves, duh!"

>it's because racist white people didn't watch the show that it had poor ratings.

This being the mentality that has led to the absurdity of the modern west. The blind stupidity of racial utopians. The fantasy of those so pumped full of kike juice its literally coming out of their fucking mouths non-stop.

>MFW

>your decidedly already extremely white line-up

Is there a fucking problem with being white?

kek

is he implying that comedy central is pretending that the nightly show's ratings are shit because they want to cancel a popular show because it has a black host?

All the articles I've seen have only mentioned demographics in terms of age groups. I'd love to know the racial makeup of his viewers. I bet there hardly were any blacks watching him.

>decidedly already extremely
Also, Demme writes like a fucking retard.

Blacks should learn from obama that mexicans and muslims are more important then american blacks.

>Why Larry Wilmore’s Firing Puts Comedy Central on the Wrong Side of History
Just as soon as they come up with a new way to count viewers or profits and losses.

>Yes, Comedy Central tells it like it is — that is, until quote-unquote flagging ratings and the shameful absence of any aggressive, imaginative Comedy Central campaign to help bring “The Nightly Show” up in numbers motivated you to suddenly and mercilessly and most of all myopically yank the blazing and often hilarious vision of Wilmore and his brilliant circle of on-screen and off-screen collaborators from the national dialogue.
Damn those stupid executives not raising ratings with any aggressive or imaginative campaign!

i watched a couple of his shows, didn't laugh even once, he's so unfunny, its cringy.

"WRONG SIDE OF HISTORY"

Is the dumbest liberal phrase I've ever heard. The white guilt and virtue signaling of rich white liberals knows no bounds.

> iamcait cancelled

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo11111!!!!11one one

>I bet there hardly were any blacks watching him.

youtu.be/B436avtEXzs?t=1

I just read the first three sentences of this article and I can't tell if this is a joke or even real...

This seems like a massive parody. No one can be really be this much of a faggot can they?

>the wrong side of history

>black guy gets fired
>it must be because he's black

Do liberals not see the racism in that reasoning?

>2016
>he watches (((comedy central)))

>Spot on, really.
See, you made a few more posts in the thread showing you know what bullshit this is, which isn't what you're suppose to do when you're trying to bait Sup Forums through an unnecessarily contrarian opinion. The story is triggering enough, the bait isn't necessary and probably, nobody cares.

Literally anyone else would've been better than Wilmore for their own show. John Oliver, Jessican Williams, Samantha Bee, all pretty talented, regardless of if you agree with their points of view or not.

Is that because they were in the Eastern Hemisphere and that's the right side of a map of the world?

>"I mean, our numbers were great when Jon Stewart [Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz] was there, so I don't know. I could make the argument that Jon not being our lead-in hurt our numbers. There are a lot of ways can make the argument."

It's like blacks can't get ahead when left to their own devices.

There's plausibility to what he's saying, but he's considerably overstating that as the primarily reason the ratings were so low, and if he assumed more responsibility, this sort of excuse-making would be more acceptable.

i wish we could get comfy comedians back not hacks and panderer shitheads

where the fuck are the richard pryors, eddie murphys, dave chapelles, robin williams of today

is MDE our last hope

youtube.com/watch?v=FF5VEqtCauw

>Is there a fucking problem with being white?
Yes. It's 2016, you fucking white male. We don't people like for anything but invading other countries and oppressing other cultures.

Comedy is dead user. Technology and kike leftism has murdered it as a relevant art form.

>firing a nigger for bad ratings
>wrong side of history

Oh lawd