Bestseller List – 28th August 2016 – Another Week And No Marvel Superhero Comics…

bleedingcool.com/2016/08/28/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-28th-august-2016-another-week-and-no-marvel-superhero-comics/

> 1. Flash #5
> 2. Detective Comics #938
> 3. Titans #2
> 4. Wonder Woman #5
> 5. Star Wars #22
> 6. Blue Beetle Rebirth #1
> 7. Deathstroke #1
> 8. Action Comics #962
> 9. Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps #3
> 10. Harley Quinn’s Little Black Book #4

>And six issues in, Flash is a real success story of DC Rebirth, a title that previously didn’t make it into the Top Ten is beating its rival (as long as its rivals aren’t Batman and All-Star Batman) And Marvel only make one title, Star Wars…

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/08/22/the-race-to-marvel-selling-300000-champions-1-begins-here/
archive.is/9jtUn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Great week. Much better than I thought it would be due to school starting. Captain America Steve Rogers 4 was Marvel’s best selling superhero title for us this week. Star Wars while still taking the number one spot for Marvel this week had a sales drop from the previous issue. The Star Wars movie adaption is almost a year too late. People are all hyped up on this year’s upcoming Star Wars movie not last year’s. Marvel’s latest re numbering needs to get her ASAP. DC took seven out of the top ten this week.

>Old is new again as Star Wars takes the top spot away from Dc Comics this week. DC still doing quite well as the real readers are getting settled into the titles that they are going to keep up with. Expect steady sales for at least another two months on that front.

>Wonder Woman and Cat Woman dominated the back-issue sales this week.Still selling Harley,but it is starting to slow up which was kind of unexpected.Thought it would last all the way to Christmas sales.

>Ten DC Rebirth titles this week, and once again they take the top ten places in our store. The best-selling Marvel superhero title sold exactly half as many copies as the tenth-place DC Rebirth on Wednesday. It appears that Marvel hasn’t found the bottom of their sales yet.. but never in our store’s history have we seen Marvel sales this low, and never has there been such a negative response towards Marvel’s current and near-future output.

>Strong interest in early issues of Teen Titans this week.

>Even though DC Rebirth dominated the Top Ten again this week, we are seeing some rebirth fatigue seep in, Customers are starting to stop picking up everything Rebirth and starting to only get what they really like (which is a good thing in my eyes). This caused Hal and Action to fall off the top ten and the second issues of both Hellblazer and Batgirl seem to be DOA. If Marvel could come up with a decent game plan instead of the one they are running with, they could have a chance on getting some market share back.

>Marvel actually got Star Wars back into our top ten after a few weeks of DC’s complete domination of our top ten the last few weeks (sorry Hellblazer, you’re # 11). Not a lot of subs for the new Marvel Now books, with a few exceptions like Jessica Jones and maybe Champions. Champions will sell well, but it won’t be the number one book that month unless it gets a Lootcrate or similar boost. Rebirth should slip a little bit in the next few weeks now that the returnability is going away, but we appreciate the 3 to 6 issues of a safety net while ordering. Thanks DC, glad it paid off so well. The Wally West books are still tops in my store as people want more info on that Doctor Manhattan and Watchmen build up,

>DC needs to do another printing of Flash Rebirth and 1, and Wonder Woman Rebirth and 1 and some others. If we could get more reprints of those first few issues, we could sell more (and return less) on issues 2, 3, 4 and so on.

>We sold even more Walking Dead back issues than usual this week. I have a few customers burning through OMAC Project and all the other Infinite Crisis preludes and tie-ins and loving it all. Sold a bit of older variants because we’re blowing out a lot for only $5 and it seems to be working, both at two recent cons and in a in-store big sale.

>people still post this shit
It's really meaningless with that sample size

>7. Deathstroke #1
Good. Hope it continues selling well.

You'd think that but the Diamond lists aren't too far off either and it's interesting to see what retailers are experiencing in their shops even if you don't use it for forecasting. I wouldn't actually go there and give Rich clicks for it but I don't mind the threads.

but the books i like are on the list and the books i don't like aren't

> tfw flash is back to its bestselling status again since Infinite Crisis screwed them over
> tfw Titans is revived as a franchise now thanks to Wally West
> tfw Titans probably would have sold even better if it was named Flash & Titans or Wally West & Titans instead

it's good to be a flashfag

God damn, so basically all of August was the DC parade. And Marvel has fucking nothing exciting in September. They better hope that relaunch in October does gangbusters because this is a bloodbath.

I dont read flash, what made it so important this week ?

>The best-selling Marvel superhero title sold exactly half as many copies as the tenth-place DC Rebirth on Wednesday.
As a marvelfag, this pleases me.

Right!! I'm sacred to fully embrace it

>shitty TV show
>writing for main Flash comic ducks
>Titans sucks
Oh y-yeah! This is g-great! ;_;

DC had Harley Quinn, All Star Batman, and Suicide Squad launching in August, their marketshare is going to look great

They've also got Young Animal launching in September but I dunno how strong that will launch. hopefully it'll do well

just let the DCfags gloat, we don't get to do it that often

I hope so too, it's way better than the previous run and it's really good so far

Is September a week mont for DC ?

Besides cyborg rebirth and i think teen titans, what else do they have for that month ?

nothing. he has loyal fags, tv show brought in some people and people will buy the first arc regardless of quality.

oh and geoff and co. non stop promoted it on their twitters.

tv show has its target audience satisfied
man flash book is not shitty like it was before at least
and titans isn't bad at all.

>It appears that Marvel hasn’t found the bottom of their sales yet.. but never in our store’s history have we seen Marvel sales this low, and never has there been such a negative response towards Marvel’s current and near-future output.

Gerard Way's Doom Patrol

>/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-28th-august-201
Timfags.

>Not a lot of subs for the new Marvel Now books, with a few exceptions like Jessica Jones and maybe Champions. Champions will sell well, but it won’t be the number one book that month unless it gets a Lootcrate or similar boost.
Didn't Marvel say they want Champions to sell 300k copies? I bet they are going to start amping up the variants

Only YA book launching in September is Doom Patrol. Shade and Carson are October and Mother Panic is November.

and ? anything more remarkable ?

>Didn't Marvel say they want Champions to sell 300k copies? I bet they are going to start amping up the variants
>start
They're doing that already.
>This is how they are going to do it. Retailers who match 200% of a retailer’s order of All-New All-Different Avengers #9, the one that featured the first new Wasp, will get 15% extra discount. 175% will get 10% extra and 150% will get 5% extra off.

>Those who match 200% can then order on top of that the Skottie Young cover, the Champions Variant cover, Hip Hop, Blank, both the Spider-Man and Hulk and the Johnny Blaze John Tyler Christopher action figure covers.

>They can also get the Champions party gear, 100 postcards, 20 lithographs, Champions pin, the standees, the window clings, any of the Jay P Fosgitt Party variant cover, and one copy of the Party variant.

>While the Alex Ross cover is 1:100. The Captain America 75th anniversary cover is 1:50. And a 1:1000 variant – no details but could the odds be it’s by Joe Quesada? He does do these…

>Oh and the exclusive retailer cover availability, which adds 3000 to 4500 on for each comic shop that picks it up

The actual #1 issues for Blue Beetle and Supergirl since those seem to sell better than the Rebirth issues in most cases.

>100 postcards, 20 lithographs, Champions pin, the standees, the window clings, any of the Jay P Fosgitt Party variant cover, and one copy of the Party variant
Anything to make True Believers forget that the book sucks!

Doom Patrol and Trinity

Trinity will likely sell well.

>>They can also get the Champions party gear, 100 postcards, 20 lithographs, Champions pin, the standees, the window clings, any of the Jay P Fosgitt Party variant cover, and one copy of the Party variant.
>>While the Alex Ross cover is 1:100. The Captain America 75th anniversary cover is 1:50. And a 1:1000 variant – no details but could the odds be it’s by Joe Quesada? He does do these…
good lord

Literally DCYou 2.0 without the good stuff like Prez

I forgot about Trinity, I wouldn't be surprised if Trinity is the top book for the month

Why do retailers even stock Marvel at this point?

What do you mean, user? are you trying to tell me that Bendis on Ironmanheart or Bendis on Iron Dr. Doom or Bendis on Jessica Jones won't be highly lauded hidden gems?

how many books can this man write at once?

yes

Bendis IS Marvel, user. He can write anything he wants to!

He's also still writing Spider-man, CWII won't be done in October, and I'm sure there's a half dozen other books he's doing that I forgot about

Stilt-Man?

>tfw current Stilt-Man is woman
>Man, not Woman
You know what? Fuck everything

Another good week!

Bendis is love, Bendis is life.

>Blue Beetle Rebirth in the top ten

Oh thank goodness, I felt guilty for not picking it up, but I'm waiting a bit to make a decision as to whether or not I like it enough to throw on my pull list.

As much as his big daddy Perlmutter wants him to.

>one is Mossad plant
>other gets CIA awards for diversity
Fucking Jews, and I'm not even Sup Forums.

> Titans outselling Star Wars

and here I was scared Titans was going to bomb because of Booth's art. Good to see this title is doing well.

Fans of Wally finally have book to buy. I expect it to be constantly in top 10.

>tv show brought in new people
I can say that this is true from me, after watching the show I wanted to read more Flash and bought the pair of tradebacks at my lcs, after reading them Rebirth was announced and Flash became the first pick to make the list for my dc pull list. Flash is a very underappricated hero in DC, easily the best member of the JL for me.

And I'm one of them as well hence why I'm so relieved.

I hope DC gets the clue and gives him his ongoing.

>ot shitty like it was before at least
Sure but that's not much of an achievement. I like the art though, it's just too bad Williamson is going to shit up Flash for years now...

>and titans isn't bad at all.
Nah, it's bad. You're probably too much of a characterfag and glad to see Wally again but writing is bad. Wally should've co starred in Flash and Black Wally could be in TT or disappear.

>Black Wally could be in TT
he is in TT

my only problems are with williamson's oc donut steels. shoehorned romance came out of no where and made me automatically drop the book.

still looking from an objective stand point, it's not a bad gateway to flash.

>Nah, it's bad. You're probably too much of a characterfag and glad to see Wally again but writing is bad. Wally should've co starred in Flash and Black Wally could be in TT or disappear.

I don't think I've seen enough to comment on writing yet. What made you hate it?
I don't think Wally will ever be an important character in main book anymore due to synergy. Titans is a containment book for him unless he manages to get a spin off book.

Is this actually real? Can I get a link?

bleedingcool.com/2016/08/22/the-race-to-marvel-selling-300000-champions-1-begins-here/

But he's also in Flash.

Thank you, user.

Bleeding Cool so take it with grain of salt. archive.is/9jtUn

Disgusting if true.
Knowing Marvel, it's true.