Mfw same people who animated "Here Comes a Thought" also did Kill La Kill

>mfw same people who animated "Here Comes a Thought" also did Kill La Kill

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dHg50mdODFM
youtu.be/7uw389O8BWI?t=40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did SU have an anime episode or something?

I was wondering if that was the sequence that everyone was hyped for.
I was not disappointed.
No it was just a song animated by Trigger. Mostly on-model
youtube.com/watch?v=dHg50mdODFM

Honestly I tried to watch Kill La Kill last week and couldn't go beyond episode 9.

>terrible comedy all over the place.
>predictable power levels fight scnenes.
>doesn't have a single good character.
>the animation is actually pretty lazy and nothing special compared with modern wonders like One Punch Man or JoJo's.
>is full of fanservice like if it was written by a 12 year old but the show also pads itself on the back about being progressive and empowering female audiences

it's still a shit episode

>good animation
>Jojo

I love Jojo and I still think you need to go hang yourself right now for your shit taste.

>HEY LET'S HIRE A TALENTED JAP ANIMATOR
>WHAT'S HE GOING TO ANIMATE?
>I DON'T KNOW! A FUCKTON OF BUTTERFLIES MAYBE?

honestly, so sick of those ''let's feel sad for the sake of feeling sad'' episodes.

I get it, its okay to have feelings and shit but we don't need to have like 20 episodes with the same theme!

Its bad alone that they are teaching kids that everything can be solved with hugs when IRL things don't work like that

>pads itself on the back about being progressive and empowering female audiences
I can assure you this was the last thought on the creators' minds.

Also JoJo doesn't even have good animation, sounds to me like you don't even watch anime but just parrot opinions you've read on reddit.

Fuck off muh frames per second, there is a lot more to animation than that, JoJo's oozes style all over the place, there is literally nothing like it right now.

Hey, they didn't just animate butterflies! They also animated two people sitting still!

>I can assure you this was the last thought on the creators' minds.

I don't know, talk to kill la kill fans and they are going to tell you that the show is not about fanservice at all

art style is not animation, you dumb fuck.

>Hey, they didn't just animate butterflies! They also animated two people sitting still!

woah, woah, woah, don't be an asshole! They were also singing and things looked blue!

>suddenly art style is a bullshit aspect to praise when it comes to animation

Fuck off! Now who is being reddit here?

Yeah! So, it totally wasn't a waste of money, like how getting Nicki Minaj to voice a character wasn't a waste of money!

Well it isn't, but that doesn't make what you said sound less retarded.

Style =/= animation though.

technically, the more animated and fluid you want something the more loose it starts to look when animated. Something like Jojo fucks itself in the ass because imitating Araki's style ends up leaving itself look static.

Except they had three consecutive two-parters where the Villains could not be talked down.

And despite that song an dance number, this shit happened later on in the same episode.
youtu.be/7uw389O8BWI?t=40

Guest voice actors have been used for decades you dummy

It has a good artstyle (mostly oozing from the original manga art), but that's about it.

>art style is not animation, you dumb fuck.

So the fact that Jojo's has the best character design in any anime right now means nothing?

This is fucking rich coming from a Steven Universe fan, the same face show

Yes, but not for a character who showed up again, but couldn't speak because getting Nicki isn't cheap.

>doesn't have a single good character.
yep, that's a severe case of Shit Taste alright

You're moving goal posts, son.

I mean its happened before so

such is life

>So the fact that Jojo's has the best character design in any anime right now means nothing?

Not in a discussion about animation, no.

I'm just saying, if you want a character to be important later, you probably shouldn't give them an expensive voice actor who is out of your budget more than once.

1- Fluid JoJo looks great so I don't know what the fuck are you talking about.

2- The show stands out among a ocean of same face anime's, that alone makes better than 99% of anime and of course is more worth watching than most shows too.

Just because you have really fluid animation in some animes it doesn't mean that is better, more doesn't always means better.

Take Kill La Kill for example, the animation is nice but everything else feels bland, like the scenarios, the background characters, the colors, the music during the action scenes (good god that is awful)

They have one good element and a shitty everything else, so what good does to the show having fluid animation if it fucking sucks?

>Not in a discussion about animation, no.

Then you are a fucking retard, I could tell you about the amount of normies that get into JoJo's just based on the art style and also about how people dismiss Steven Universe for the very same reason.

>instead of drawing on their own style they use the shitty SU one but with a lower framerate

What's the fucking point?

I would just get another voice actor and then just explain it away with Amethyst having changed or whatever.

>You're moving goal posts, son.

No, that just means that shows are praised for different elements, an animated show doesn't have to follow specific Standards ir order to be considered great.

Home Movies has shit visuals but amazing writting, Kill La Kill has great visuals but shit writting and to me is almost unwatchable.

user, I dont know if you know this but animation is a series of artistic pictures put together to make the illusion of movement

Animation as in the way it's animated, not the fact that it's a cartoon. Jfc.

> The show stands out among a ocean of same face anime's

So you don't watch anime, gotcha.

And when people talk about animation, they're talking about the way the pictures are strung together, not their style.

>Japanese guest animator comes on for an episode
>Animation looks noticeably better
You can't make this shit up

so..... this is the power..... of retards shitposting........

>if you want a character to be important later

>Sugilite

>important

>So you don't watch anime, gotcha.

Fuck off again, everybody knows that modern anime looks generic as hell nowadays.

That's why people were so into JoJo's when it started, the art style became so popular that people began to use the phrase ''Wow, that characters looks so weird and different, it looks like a Jojo's character!'' and it was said in a good way.

Most animes don't get that fame.

Also anyone can come up with a style that looks like Steven Universe, most of tumblr looks like that anyway

what? seems pretty stupid to separate them just for the sake of argument. thats not even a conversation, thats just an fps rating. lets be better than Sup Forums here. give some examples of good versus bad animation at least

I liked it. It wasn't even for the fan service that I stayed
Yeah I think the animation could be better. What index ne before was how interesting the style is itself

Sugillite said like 5 things that entire episode, why even fucking bother if
1. The guest VA barely fucking talks
2. Getting this guest VA means that if the character ever comes back you're going to have to pay the guest VA a gorillion dollars or change the voice to something shittier

Modern anime look more distinct from each other than modern cartoons.

>not their style.

Again, are you this much of a retard?

When people talk about Code Lyoke they always bring the big foreheads, when they talk about Robot Chicken they always talk about how funny the toys look, etc.

Are all Steven Universe fans this much in denial?

the song was shit though.
the song in mr. greg was also shit

>modern anime looks generic as hell these days
nah m8. there's quality anime everywhere. if you dont believe me go watch space dandy and tell me those aliens and characters are bland
>mr greg songs were shit
go watch broadway

>the art style became so popular that people began to use the phrase '
> the art style

you mean all ten of them? Araki changes his style constantly, the best proof is that he can't even draw Jonathan and the Pillar Men well enough nowadays.

By your logic, the sixtine chapel is well animated.

Not true, modern anime looks too much alike.

They either look like Sword Art Online or like Death Note ( Even Prison School look like Death Note )

>go watch broadway
actually the song pearl sung was shit

Sugilite isn't an important character

No one likes a hothead berseker

And that's why Space Dandy was awesome but is rare gem among a sea of generic animes.

And it wasn't even that popular when it aired.

>When people talk about Code Lyoke they always bring the big foreheads, when they talk about Robot Chicken they always talk about how funny the toys look, etc.

And none of those things are animation.

Talking about animation would be the fact that RC's toys jerk back and forth, for example.

Is that why Kharn's getting a new model and rules soon, user?

>sakuga wasted on another dumb song
Great

>And that's why Space Dandy was awesome but is rare gem among a sea of generic animes.

> all modern anime is generic
> other user gives example of why that isn't true
> b-but it wasn't popular!

really, fuck off.

God fucking damn, off this season alone:
91 days
Dangan Ronpa
Mob Psycho
Seven Deadly Sins
Phoenix Wright
All look different from that shitty moe blob kyoto animation style people just hate, and I barely know jack shit about anime. I just looked this up.

You're fucking retarded if you're going to write off a whole medium because of some shit like lucky star or whatever. You're no better than tose literal weeaboos shitting on all of comics and cartoons because it's not "muh moe"

SH-SHUT UP

Hori isn't Trigger you tumblr browsing fuck

>By your logic, the sixtine chapel is well animated.

Oh my god why does this shit always happens? Why do people have to come up with the stupides arguments that don't even make sense or have anything to do with anything??

>Artstyle is important in animation!!!
>By your logic, the sixtine chapel is well animated.

RETARDS.

You goutta be like 14, right? there is no other explanation.

>It's a Sup Forums argues about anime episode

This is just an arguement that Jojo has a good art style and shit animation, partially because the art style doesn't translate all that well into fluid motion.

The fact that you keep moving goalposts and attacking other anime and cartoons isn't helping your stance at all.

>posts a static image from the manga instead of animation example to counter argument about animation as well as a grip of other shit not associated with animation practices
K. I'll bite though. I don't think anyone here is really defending KLK. I like it, I don't care for Jojo but KLK isn't this super mighty praised thing. It's this goofy dumb as rocks but somewhat charming series with pretty good animation for the most part until they start cutting corners with fucking flash cut and paste techniques.

The argument wasn't ever really about defending Kill La Kill and more about calling out that Jojo has shit animation, which from what I watched of Diamond is Unbreakable, seems pretty correct.

>Faces make it better than 99% of the industry
Rembrandt is the best animator in existence then.

All I see is the evolution of an artist.

But let me guess what is your logic here

>Uses less detail in his modern stuff.
>So its not good as it use to be, period.
>more detail= better
>less detail= not better

Artstyle is important to animation, which is why Jojo is terribly animated: Akari's art is stiff, good at translating emotions and rendering images but so good at capturing motion. This gets somewhat better in SBR, partially out of necessity.

I love Akari's art and SBR had a bad case of same face. It wasn't as bad as some anime and manga I could name, but it's still bad. It gets better during JJL.

>the sixtine chapel was well animated
animation is moving pictures. you cant just throw out the "pictures" part of it to make an argument. you also still havent estabished good examples of animation. also give me an example of poor art with good animation if they're so easily separable

>Gives one exaple of a good looking anime
>That erases the fact that 99% of anime is generic bullshit

fuck off

>91 days

STOP right there, that looks generic. I know is good but visually is nothing that you can stumble across the street and go '' oh look, clearly this is the artist from 91 Days!!!'' like you would be able to do with JoJo's.

>Dangan Ronpa
>Seven Deadly Sins
>Phoenix Wright

Again, generic shit that looks like any other anime.

I can give you Mob Psycho, the rare gem among a sea of same face anime.

No, my point is that there's no such thing as "araki style" because araki changes his style every few months.

When people say "it looks like araki" they usually mean super manly and fashionable, which doesn't even acuratelly describe jojo beyond part 4.

Late part 5 a best.

thats not even a valid argument anyway, since every example in that pic is gorgeous

>also give me an example of poor art with good animation

Early simpsons.

Retarded fanbases read "deep" shit into their shows that isn't there, more at 11.

>I can give you Mob Psycho, the rare gem among a sea of same face anime.

So you are going to call every example either not valid or are gem?

> Hellsing
> Monster
> Gankutsuo
> Doukyuusei

Im a kill la kill fan and I dont think that at all. I think it is about fan service, just like its about a lot of things. where it separates itself is that it discusses fan service, makes it relevant to the plot instead of just occuring for no fucking reason, and is basically very self aware about the whole thing

Ping pong, the animation.

>posts a static image from the manga instead of animation example to counter argument about animation
Average Jojos frame

>frame
Post a gif.

>more about calling out that Jojo has shit animation

Better than Kill La Kill generic Michael Bay in anime form bullshit.

>Using Gyro instead of Johnny for SBR

And I never claimed that JoJo's was good because ''muh Araki srtyle!!!'' just that the style that it has in every season is better than the style on most animes in all their run.

you do realize the show was purposely satire most of the time?

>Static image of homosexuals
Boy you sure showed me up.

>Hellsing
>> Monster
>> Gankutsuo
>> Doukyuusei

YES because animes like those are fucking rare, 1 among a 100 titles.

Your average anime is about high schoolers that are affraid of dating and it always looks like the same shit

There's probably more kid wants to be the best at [x] shounenshit right now than anything.

Posting a gif with the WORSE anime character in decades is not better either.

Literally Jar Jar if it was a anime girl

Wow. A slow, polished turd can beat fast, runny shit. I'm impressed.

This is JoJo's for you, they are able to create a way more memorable scene with less frames than this shit with way more budget.

Quality/JoJo's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quantity/KLK

>Jojo has shit animation, which from what I watched of Diamond is Unbreakable, seems pretty correct.
The best part is that the DiU animation is some of the best of the adaptation. The first two parts have hilariously bad animation much of which is a literal slide show.

>give me an example of poor art with good animation
Mob Psycho 100

Ladies, ladies, please, Jojo and KLK are both shit

B-but I like Jar Jar...

>this thread
Even casual anime fans get stuck up and believe their shit doesn't stink. What is it about anime that just brings out the worst in people?

Please. Regale us with why this "guest animator" was so important and what he did differently.

You can fuck right off.

Insulting Mako, you're lower than shit.

>satire most of the time

What part of satire involves not having a single related/good character?

Even main girl was underveloped like 15 episodes in

Fuck you, she is the most unfunny shit that I have ever seen in a while!

''Get it??? These poses are puns!!! Let's do this every episode!''

And don't get me started on her shitty family, fuuuck!

It's really just JoJo fans, they are the fucking worst.

>pads itself on the back about being progressive and empowering female audiences
Who at trigger ever said any of this shit?