Beast Wars character

Seen this pic on another thread stating it was from BeaSt Wars.. but I can't for the life of me remember it

Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/Transmutate_(character)
youtube.com/watch?v=7SH_PZO3fuo
youtube.com/watch?v=E2t4MBhGAg8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Character and episode is Transmutate.

>tfwiki.net/wiki/Transmutate_(character)

Two seconds in Google

Transmutate

She was a failed abortion of a protoform that made her ugly,retarded, and unstable since she was made of both maximal and Predacon parts for some odd reason apparently she was so fucked to the point that the fucking maximals said she needed to be put out of her misery with the only 2 defending her being protoform mistakes aswell.

she was a one episode character

Meanwhile, in another universe, she's autistic.

That thing was a she?

Transmutate, a one-off character. Remember the protoform episodes, where a pod would come from the sky and it'd be used to introduce a new character? They mostly stopped after the first season since most of them got destroyed, but there was one more after the fuzors where introduced. except, sicne it was severely damaged, the Transformer that came out of the pod was a weird scrapmetal mutant that couldn't transform. The Maximals want to euthanize it, and the Predacons don't want it; except Silverbolt, who argues that euthanizing it would be wrong, and rampage, who sympathizes with it and sees it as a friend.

Transmutate ends up being unstable and too powerful for tis own good, and gets cought in the crossfire between Silverbolt and rampage, trying to stop them from fighting, ending up killing itself in an explosion. The episode ends with Rampage cradling the dying Transmutate's severed head.

Kind of almost makes you feel bad for Rampage.

then you remember he was pretty insane

>The only female character to survive at the end of Beast Wars was Black Arachnia

This was one of the few episodes that I managed to tape as a kid, so it ended up being one of the episodes I was most familiar with.

Kinda wish I had the Transmutate action figure, but I'm pretty sure it's expensive now.

So fucking weird, i NEVER saw this episode during the show's original airings. Not til the mid-2000s was I even aware of it. I assumed it had been banned or something, but no.. I was just amazingly unlucky. Or maybe the intro to the episode was similar enough to another that I always thought it was a rerun and changed the channel

>and unstable since she was made of both maximal and Predacon parts for some odd reason
Umm, that part you made up. They use the same parts, the maximal-predacon thing is software.
yeah this. basically Bunny.

Beast Wars had some good shit in it. Rampage as a whole was great. At least, that's how I remember it. Is it worth going back to watch at all?

Stupid sexy Hannibal Lecter crab robot.

Technically a "they" but in the alternate universe comics Transmutate is female.

>Is it worth going back to watch at all?
Absolutely.

>alternate universe comics
Is it where this came from?

That butterfly is fucking huge.

youtube.com/watch?v=7SH_PZO3fuo

This is Beast Megatron's theme apprently,

I always just assumed that it tried to scan a human since the thing looked human like and the possibility of cavemen being around at the time.

>Beast machines megatron

DELETE THIS

This actually makes me wonder.

When did megatron ever state in beast wars he hated organic life? All of a sudden in Beast Machines he starts acting like an actual Saturday morning cartoon villain compared to his amazing performance in Beast Wars

What happened to the TF community around here? Seemed like short time ago the general was ever present.

I never really participated but it was nice knowing it was there.

The writers were given orders to ignore the bulk of Beast Wars continuity and given a series outline for which the characters had to be modified as seen fit to fill whatever roles were needed.

>TF community
I preferd beast wars/mahcine better. It had a way better toy line.
>mfw kids today will never know what it's like to have toys made with lead paint

The SJW they spent 80% of the time mocking locked her Twitter account, so they ran out of discussion material.

To bad no one knows how to use alot of the maximal/predacon characters when they are in the comics

Cartoon became relegated to a death slot on cartoon network. Its a decent show, but hasn't gained much traction 2 seasons in. Comics still remain consistently; decent to good, but there's been more toy tie-ins as of late. While that isn't abd in and of itself, it can become a little overt and start to mess with the storylines; and a lot of Sup Forums's TF fandom dislikes the toy aspect of it.

Raptor jesus died for our sins

YES!
youtube.com/watch?v=E2t4MBhGAg8

>Make a clone of one your best soldiers with a defining flaw of honor but dont worry we made sure hes EVIL this time
>pretty sure he wouldnt do it twice
>does it twice

I miss my Cybershark.

He died of ball joint fatigue.

Isn't there an animated web series being released weekly?

Combiner wars, but its mini-episodes rather than a full series, and not getting good reception..

I like Combiner Wars but the episodes are only five minutes long. The premise and animation kinda blow but the character stuff is pretty neat.

Half of the beast war toys never even made it in the show sadly

Not a good pic but man I still own pic related somewhere. I remember the lead paint chipping off a bit. I always wanted Omega Prime though, that thing was huge.

Ball joint loosening is an easy fix. Justclear nail polish or Pledge floor shine on the joint will tighten it up.

Oh that explains a lot

Man beast machines was a mistake

Oh god this I fucking jumped out of my sit hearing Dinobot talk about "the honor"

And do you know who told them to do that?

Dan DiDio, Co-Publisher of DC Comics.

It would've been relatively good if it wasn't a transformers cartoon.

Nobody dislikes toys, but people did dislike the shitposting that came with them.

Transmutate

by god
'

Jetstorm was the best character and they killed him

This^^^^^^

Never forget, never forgive.

That's because it's implied his spark took over when they killed that immortal one.

Wait is this the same guy that had the death threats

So then she fits in with the fandom.

No, that was Bob Skir.

>SILVERBOLT ILL SAVE YOU
>JUST LET ME KILL THIS GUY REAL QUICK
>WE WONT EVEN GIVE HIM A CHANCE LIKE WE DID WITH TANKOR

How did she go from a good female character to a bad one?

Rampage is my favorite character in the show.

Friend...light...

Friend...dark...

I am...hurt...

The comic version was better than BWs version

BWs Tranmutate was slowly going to get worse and worse no matter how much shit silverbolt and rampage did

He was the best part of Beast Machines.
Thrust was the best plot twist in TF history.

That wasn't a plot twist. Thrust was meant to be Silverbolt before they changed it.

Because he didn't.

His beef in BM was after he had conquered Cybertron and saw it as a potential threat to his totalitarian machine state. Or if you prefer the out-of-canon explanation, the writers went for another angle because of Didio.

>All of a sudden in Beast Machines he starts acting like an actual Saturday morning cartoon villain

You have clearly not seen much of season 1 of BW. Or some of the more episodic stuff in season 3. BW Megatrons had very much roots as a weekend cartoon villain (because he was one after all).

BM just removed the one thing that stood out about him, his ability to survive by playing his enemies against each other, his time by removing all other sides but the Maximals. You can still see a shade of the original when he has tankorr dancing on his string, but as we see in the original. But Megatron just doesn't do too well when it's just Maximals vs Predacons or Maximals vs Vehicons.

I might be remembering things wrong, but I think Transmutate's death made him even meaner and crazier.

Fact he was laughing when Depth Charge closed in for the killing blow always stuck with me.

"Friend...good....friend...dark.... I am hurt."

;_;

That thing REALLY disturbed me as a kid. Honestly it still does now.

>Kinda wish I had the Transmutate action figure, but I'm pretty sure it's expensive now.
I kind of hope not. I just broke mine 20 minutes ago.

Beast wars was gay

How do you break a build-a-figure?

The neck slider gets stuck and balljoint snaps off.

shes just a fucking freaky transformer

It would have been better if she knew where Silverbolt was at the start.

A far more in-character action would be for her to just go strutting up to Megatron and taking her husband back.

The central idea, in a well written story, was good: trying to save the soul of one who once saved hers, leaving them both wondering what it was all for, and whether either of them ever knew the other at all.

I guess but Jetstorm was a pretty good character and with Drift too especially the line of

"I just lost my job the whole planets gone and the last I'm going to let you do is take away my only friend!"

God I was blown away that Waspinator was in BM

BW Transformers were pretty small.

Not really. Rampage was per Transmutate was a monster who sought out others like him such as Transmutate. Corrupting Depth Charge and turning him into the vengeance driven individual had been his goal. Letting him kill him at the end was just the finishing touch there.

Who?

this is what I thought from the thumbnail

Cute autistic. Also looking more like Prime Arcee with a different coloring. Also became buds with Rampage.

And this guy is a Jack Sparrow/Robin style partner of Depthcharge...

Justified due to some energy crisis on Cybertron that forced both Autobots and Decepticons to reformat into smaller, energy saving forms.

Was it really something like that?

Rampage was once a normal protoform, but Maximal scientists wanted to re-create Starscream's immortal mutant spark. It went horribly right and turned Rampage into who he is.

The Predacon saw in Transmutate a kindred spirit. An outcast and someone who he sympathized with.

I'd say that him goading Depthcharge into killing him was more of a result of wanting to die a true death after he lost Transmutate.

>Dinobot was a precursor to Prince Zuko
>Both were bad but then turned good
>Muh honor
So that's why I liked Zuko. Huh.

Don't forget the whole Shakespearean stuff.

>Zuko's dysfunctional family and father issues
Damn, did the writers of ATLA just have a thing for Beast Wars and self insert Dinobot? It might make some sense.

I agree.

Who knows? Maybe he's a fan of Beast Wars.

>Tell my tale to those who ask
>Tell it truly, the ill deeds, along with the good
>And let me be judged accordingly
>The rest is silence
;_;

I just cant imagine if Rampages and Transmutates sparks combine like airazor and tigertron did to make some new fucked up human tank spider thing

>not venerating our Queen's most loyal servant
I sure hope you bots don't do this

Honestly never thought of that till now

Dinobot was the hero we needed and got

I mean I never thought they would have killed him off when I was a kid but he went out the way he would have wanted saving those that could not defend themselves

Indeed. It would be pretty screwed up.

Want it to happen.

Inferno was fun. Pity he didn't survive.

Shut up Boco.

That scene always freaked me out as a kid. Don't know why.

No idea, but it neatly mirrors my own growing disinterest in the franchise. I find myself only caring about the Beast shows and the rest just sort of fell away.

Wasn't it the scaly tentacle thingy Beast Megatron had?

Not to mention that he forcefully ripped out G1's Megatron's spark with it?

Is there a chart or something that explains all the timelines and universes?

Yes, but it's really fucking confusing.

Wth is up with those image descriptions?

Because Transformers doesn't lend itself to a dry, humorless style of documentation.

Wow.

That is the creepiest fucking thing I ever saw in a kid's cartoon. If I saw that when I watched BW as a child, this definitely would have traumatized me.

Who thought this design was a good idea?

, however, is a total cutie, and finding out she's autistic makes her kind of endearing to a diagnosed autistic person like me.

Fuck you and fuck these mixed feelings!

I believe that the magazine issues her comic is in are in the Mega folder, but I don't currently have the link.

Man, I really need to read Beast Wars Uprising.

I'm sure if they put him back together, he'd reactivate.

They just never did that.