"DOCTOR STRANGE" FOOTAGE DESCRIPTION

>A grizzled Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) is in a marketplace in Tibet, asking for directions to the Kamar-Taj, but people refuse to speak to him. Among them he finds a cloaked Karl Mordo (Chiwetel Ejiofor), who beckons Strange to follow him, and advises Strange to "forget everything you think you know".

>Mordo leads Strange to the sanctuary of the Ancient One. Strange scoffs at the name. Once inside, Strange finds an elderly Chinese man sitting in a room. He approaches the man to introduce himself, but is constantly interrupted by a cloaked servant who removes his coat, has him seated and serves him tea. Once they're face to face, Strange once again addresses the chinese man, who departs, while the servant reveals herself to be the Ancient One (Tilda Swinton) and takes a seat opposite Strange.

>Strange mentions a man he met, who sustained a severe spinal injury that left him crippled, and how he said it was the Ancient One who helped him walk again. Strange mentions it is is medically impossible for a injury so severe to be cured, and asks how the Ancient One did it. She says that she merely taught the man to believe he could walk again, and his cells did the rest. An incredulous Strange theorizes the Ancient One is running some sort of illegal gene therapy procedure to heal crippling injuries. He reveals he's wasted his fortune on seven complex operations to restore his hands and does not have much left, and needs a cure.

>The Ancient One gives Strange a book about chakras, telling him he's observing the world through a keyhole and needs to widen his vision. Strange lashes out, denouncing "faith, chakras and the power of belief", and tells the Ancient One that he sees through her and knows she's a charlatan. The Ancient One remarks she also sees through Strange, and sees "possibility".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qGpz8Q4Jq6A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The Ancient One then palms Strange's chest, causing his astral projection to exit his body. Strange believes the tea he's drank was drugged and demands to know what the Ancient One put it in. She answers "honey", and then touches Strange's forehead, sending him in a mind-bending journey through multiple dimensions. Throughout all of this, the Ancient One tells Strange that there are greater mysteries in the universe than he's ever known.

>After the journey, Strange's projection returns to his body, and he finds himself back at the temple with the Ancient One. Shaken by the experience, he pleads "teach me", and the Ancient One smiles.

They also showed an extended trailer with some new tidbits.

>Strange and Christine Palmer (Rachel McAdams) having a conversation. He mentions how she told it his life wasn't over when he lost his hands, and she assures him "there are other ways to save lives".

>Strange having a conversation with Mordo, who mentions having once been in the same place as Strange, lost until the Ancient One showed him the right path.

>Strange being introduced to Wong, and joking about his name. "Just Wong? Like Adele? Bono? Aristotles? Eminem?" Wong doesn't react.

>Wong warning Strange against removing a book from the Kamar-Taj. Strange jokes it's an overdue library book. Wong doesn't react. An irritated Strange says back home he was considered a funny man and people laughed at his jokes. Wong says they only did it because they worked for Strange.

Cry about it.

i really want this to be good.

It probably will be.

Drink bleach

>Tibet
Nope

Is this a new way to bump threads?

No, it's just aneurysm.

Sounds cool.

>is in a marketplace in Tibet
bullshit from the start to finish. Disney would never piss off the chinks they so desperately go out of their way to pander to.

Still sad they didn't cast CIA as Dr. Strange. He'd be perfect.

>Subtitle says: TIBET, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
>Chinks love it

Problem solved.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the monastery is in Nepal in this one.

It's an MCU movie. You know already it'll have a forgettable predictable villain, and a predictable cliche storyline, and the movie itself will end up being just "ok" or sub par, like all Marvel movies.

When does Doctor Strange take place in the MCU? His name is mentioned in the Winter Soldier

youtube.com/watch?v=qGpz8Q4Jq6A

The "leaks" said shortly after Stark came back from Afghanistan.

Can you stop this shit already you autist

Why is Sherlock Holmes doing this? Will he have an accent? please tell me he'll have an accent

>sending him in a mind-bending journey through multiple dimensions
What dimensions do you guys think we'll see?

I know that Dormammu's is already confirmed, but I'm guessing he's the power behind the main bad guy anyway.

You think we'll see Shuma?

>Once they're face to face, Strange once again addresses the chinese man, who departs, while the servant reveals herself to be the Ancient One (Tilda Swinton) and takes a seat opposite Strange.

kek
could they copy Batman Begins even more?

>"Just Wong? Like Adele? Bono? Aristotles? Eminem?"

That's just his origin. That could be a flashback or a there could be a time leap.

Using a trope "Batman Begins" didn't use? The absolute madmen!

Why? Because he's a well liked actor with a built in fanbase. And based on everything we've seen, He'll be doing an american accent.

I'm excited Giachinno is doing the score for this.

I can't believe how good his Star Trek scores are but he has a tendency to phone it in as John Williams-light some times.

Go home DCuck

What did they mean by this?

>Strange says back home he was considered a funny man and people laughed at his jokes
>Wong says they only did it because they worked for Strange

kek

He's a really good composer.

I'm hoping that the music in this film is fairly unique. Less standard superhero fare, more mysterious and mystical. Like the Ark of the Covenant theme from Raiders.

>Once they're face to face, Strange once again addresses the chinese man, who departs, while the servant reveals herself to be the Ancient One (Tilda Swinton) and takes a seat opposite Strange.

Literally Batman Begins

>movie released a decade ago does a thing
>no one can ever do that thing again

Whatever you say JarJar Abrams.

>>Strange being introduced to Wong, and joking about his name. "Just Wong? Like Adele? Bono? Aristotles? Eminem?" Wong doesn't react.
Now that sounds lame.
>>Wong warning Strange against removing a book from the Kamar-Taj. Strange jokes it's an overdue library book. Wong doesn't react. An irritated Strange says back home he was considered a funny man and people laughed at his jokes. Wong says they only did it because they worked for Strange.
Now that might have just saved it.

I think what might make it work is if it looks like Strange is straight up attempting to ape Tony Stark's wit without any of the actual talent. Strange should be an arrogant jerk at the start; he should be making us roll our eyes.

>Literally Batman Begins
Except not really

Jesus christ anons, will you try to even pretend you have a bit of dignity?

Why? You're not.

lol did you just "takes one to know one" me?

Well you are on Sup Forums.

God damn it isn't enough you took the hero vs hero angle from BvS, but you had to take one of their twists too?

The sad part is there are DC fans who actually believe this.

First part would take place all across all the Marvel movies thus far. The second part would take place in the events following CW.

Marvel has openly admitted to changing a solo cap movie into Civil War in light of BvS' announcement. Even if in the end they built a canon to break an egg.

Nolan or Goyer stole Strange's origin for Begins

Yes and no. The Russos wanted to do Civil War, Feige initially said no, then he found out about BvS and thought "shit, DC is going all out, we have to too" and went back on his decision.

He is a meme actor just like Cunnilinguspatch. The difference is that i can take the latter seriously.