At what point did you stop watching the Simpsons?

At what point did you stop watching the Simpsons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W_Dk-nzt7Ig&list=PL31Jrv3uvZ440GXUL201mcqrmMRdtRPcm
youtu.be/PpcZ3dCr3Ow?t=228
youtube.com/watch?v=LiSIU_U-ZmY
youtube.com/watch?v=yWJZT13321M
youtube.com/watch?v=KgVhGLDl8YY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This was literally within the latest season. Are you telling me you watched that shit up to this point?

context

I quit around Season 10 or 11. I got out just before it got egregiously bad.

late 90's

Lisa wants an entire island of people to stop overfishing a certain breed of fish to extinction

So to compensate they decide to cut down all their forests instead to make disposable sandwich toothpicks and playboy mags

Around season 8 but I'd catch a few episodes.
Though once I saw the Tony Hawk episode I just finally stopped for good. Hadn't seen another since.

At some point around when celebrity-focused episodes became the norm, rather than an exception.

Like 1992.

Moe's dishrag

Right after Do the Bartman

What's the context here

This, I dropped the show long before. Why were you still watching this dogshit, OP.

Reading the episode synopses on wikipedia, season 16 is the last season I have any recollection of. Which sounds about right, as I think I stopped paying for cable in 2006.

Pretty much when the new intro came out. Though I never watched it too regularly before that either.

When they changed the entire cast of my local dub.

Which was incidentally about the time the show's quality was dead.

Since you recognized the shot, did YOU watch it?

Stop?

youtube.com/watch?v=W_Dk-nzt7Ig&list=PL31Jrv3uvZ440GXUL201mcqrmMRdtRPcm

fuck you're cool

Season 15
The last great episodes were probably in 11 but they were rare even then. The last consistently good episodes were probably in 13
Except that Neil Gaiman episode in Season 23 or something that was actually great

I think I've made this post before but I'm glad The Simpsons is so bad these days, people who didn't do the smart thing and just decide it was dead to them some time around season 12-13 are part of the problem and deserve to suffer for being stupid. Glad to see most of the people in this thread seem sensible for a change

Whatever season it was where Marge gets hospitalised or some shit and Lisa transforms into a nagging mother with a rolling pin and hair curlers

When it stopped being funny somewhere around 1998-1999.

The one where they dedicated a triple digit episode to Lisa

Objectively speaking Lisa killed the Simpsons

when lisa started to become one of the main focuses of the show

This is correct. When Lisa stopped being a smarty and became an activist.

What is the context of that picture?

Lisa signs up for the programing class at school, all the boys in the class are uncharacteristically sexist... and somehow Lisa joins up with an all-female tech company startup or something.

>Lisa wants to learn coding
>lel, girls can't code
>OR CAN THEY?
>she makes an app with her coding teacher and her manic pixie dream girl squad
>bunch of stuff happens
>somebody dies i think
I don't know. I've watched it drunk, half sleeping and long time ago. Pretty much like all Simpsons episode after season 15.

youtu.be/PpcZ3dCr3Ow?t=228

there was a Sup Forums thread talking about this several months ago. Good try tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=LiSIU_U-ZmY

Whatever season it was where Homer and Bart were tethered together for whatever reason. The mom from Malcolm In The Middle guest starred as the judge.

Around the time of the Glee episode, I think.

I still watch it sometimes. Yeah, yeah I know. This was when I stopped watching it regularly though.
youtube.com/watch?v=yWJZT13321M

Season 12.

"The Computer Wore Menace Shoes" was when I realized how shitty the show was at that point.

Then Skinner's Sense of Snow gave me hope so I continued watching.

Then Simpsons Tall Tales aired and I was done. That was the last episode I ever watch.

The safari episode.

Sweets and Sour Marge. S13.

There were plenty of bad episodes before that, but this was the last straw for me. To that point, even in the worst episodes there were at least one or two lines that were funny enough. This episode from start to end has nothing humorous.

like hell

I still watch it. granted, the last season or so has had way too many 'oh god no, you didn't really, did you?' compared to the previous five seasons, but in general the last six seasons have been a massive improvement over the prior 8-ish seasons, so ... eh. still gonna watch.

but Tall Tales was hilarious.. if weird and tasteless
>nothin' beats the hobo life, stabbin' folk with my hobo kniiiife
>naw i'm just messin' with you nobos
>well Paul and Babe were a mighty fine match / but the man had an itch that an ox couldn't scraaatch
>when are we going to.. yknow..
>soon! Just a couple more yoga classes

What he said. Its still worth watching.

I wanna say 2005/2006, when I stopped watching TV entirely. It doesn't look like I missed much.

The breaking point for me had to be "The Colour Yellow"

I still have a hard time believing it really happened.

>And now for the traditional lowering of the bodies into the caskets
Still laugh my ass off at that, if you hate that episode I just feel sorry for ya

It was shit. You like shit. You are into the enjoyment of shit.

Same here.

From season... maybe 13, I find offensive that the people still watch it.

What was it?

Is that supposed to be a fatter Carl or a slimmer Dr. Hibbert?

Its one of Homer's ancestors.

Every one of these girls looks like a bit character from season 3 that Marge would be uncomfortable hiring to babysit the kids.

So what was the peak? The Ullman shorts? you sad little hipster

There was that Simpsons marathon. And I think I watched most of that. But I haven't seen an episode since. Before that I haven't watched the Simpsons in 6 or 7 years.

When Homer got raped by a panda was when I finally had to break my delusions that the show was still the same show I originally fell in love with.
That and the episode where they decided that killing cats over and over was hilarious.

i still watch it, i also still watch family guy and the big bang theory.
only because i like torturing myself

somewhere between Seasons 15 and 18, Season 14 was the last one I consistently enjoyed, and mostly for all the Marge fetish fuel that was in that season

Wait, so The Simpsons ripped off a plot from Family Guy?

Around 2005, I do watch it from time to time on tv but Im not updated with new episodes since then.

Yep, show got so bad it had to rip off the show that was ripping them off in the first place.

I think about 14th-16th season. Have seen one or two episodes since, which only strengthened my decision to never watch anything after season 11 anymore.

Kill the Alligator and Run. I knew I couldn't watch any new Simpsons just a few minutes into that piece of shit.

Yeah sure.

I had stopped enjoying it for a while beforehand, but Bart Mangled Banner was the moment where I said to myself "why do I fucking bother any more" and stopped watching new episodes

But thats one of the best episodes...

I might start watching just to see how bad it got but I can't remember when or what season I stopped watching though. I dropped cable back then and sort of never bother to watch it online. What season was the Simpsons in back in 20004-2006?

Sort of related, to this day I don't watch currebt Simpsons anymore but I still have very specific memories of an episode where Ralph falls into a garbage ship, including an episode about Beverly Hills where they live in some tiny apartment.

They've been on my old TiVo box for so long, and those were the only episodes I watched for a while. Burned into my mind, forever.

Except the Family Guy one was 100% jokes, The Simpsons couldn't decide if it wanted to be funny or serious.

After Futurama came out.

This is only reason people bitch about this episode? They have done way worst in earlier seasons

This, all their funny writers must have jumped ship to the new show.

>future man says the show is STILL on in 20004

Oh god make it stop.

grimes jr episode was the end for me

When I finally became old enough to learn how to watch South Park without my parents catching me.

Yeah brotha. Definitely the case.

After the one where Bart disowns his parents and Tony Hawk is there for some reason

I knew the show had lost its integrity for good though when they had Andy Dick on the show

KId Rock? No, the entire episode is pure shit. Kid Rock is just one piece of that shit pie.

I still watch it every Sunday and purchase Simpsons comics monthly....

Eleven or twelve was their last season where they could have gone out with a shred of dignity.

I meant running over the alligator

>somebody called me on having garbage taste
>well rather than a thoughtful retort I'll make a comment that is a lazy asspull insult
WOW IT HURT SO BAD

I still watch it only for Lisa's feet.

Late 90s, a few seconds after staring to watch it for the first time, when my mom told me to turn it off because "not all cartoons are for kids". I somehow never ended up watching again, and now I sorta wonder if I missed out on something good

This. Shit

youtube.com/watch?v=KgVhGLDl8YY

Season 19. I've poked my head back in for the Lego episode and the family guy crossover but I could never bring myself to watch it again

I still watch it every Sunday. Still makes me laugh.

How I Spent My Strummer Vacation, from Season 14

I'm in the minority that I think it takes about Season 11 or 12 before Simpsons really gets bad but there are still episodes within those season that are quality.

When the rock camp episode happened, I remember, for the first time I was aware of how shallow and cheap the show felt so I stopped watching and didn't miss it.

Shortly after that my family would get satellite and I'd spend all day watching MuchMusic anyway

Last one I remember is the episode where Marge got a boob job. Was that before or after the panda rape?

If you mean the first mexican dub, that is objectively the superior version of the show

Treehouse of Horror XXII

What a pile of fucking shit that was. They are referencing Avatar, a movie that has nothing to do with horror and it 2 years old. That horrific Spiderman skit.

>Women exist
>FUCKING FEMINAZI TUMBLRINAS

Since I lost cable a couple years ago
If I still had cable I'd probably still watch it

As a child I thought they were meant to be parodies and considered it great

>it was shit. you like shit. you are into the enjoyment of shit
>he thinks this deserves a "thoughtful retort"

I kind of love this episode because it is very aware of how hackneyed the plot is.

Somewhere around when the movie came out. I mean, the show wasn't that good anymore but the movie was the last turd I could watch.