Can we have a Sup Forums funny thread please

Can we have a Sup Forums funny thread please

inb4 200 replies

Video games are not art

I don't get it

LOL

Is it better to have the entire world created for you in a video game and experiencing that world as just a process as the developer intended or have the entire world created inside your mind using imagination with no defined process and each person having a different experience with movies?

Name 1 (one) Video Game that made a significant contribution to aesthetic or philosophical progress.

why not?

by this logic the best option is to just read the books instead

Earthbound for western audiences, Mother for Eastern audiences. Before those two games you just didn't have games in a contemporary setting.

Books> movies
There, I said it

Sure but we are comparing video games and film.

"Games are art"

>I've only played Western garbage

because bideo games are not set

Video Games are art. get over it you insecure idiots

No game will ever be a masterpiece of gaming, but there are masterpieces of painting, sculpture, etc.

Killer 7. Other than that, idk.

>caring about what's art and what isn't

normies...

Do Sup Forumsedditors actually support the numale who made these even though he denounced videogames after their internet activism got blown out?

The masterpieces of painting and sculpture are just memes though

For example, the Mona Lisa, it's only a "masterpiece" cause it's considered one, there's no REAL reason why it is, it's actually quite shit

meetal gear

>no actual arguments
heh

Because they are games. Not to mention the best video games narratives are shit and wouldn't even fill a hundred page book. Art has no objectives or reason to exist, video games are just there for you to finish, waste your time and make some company executives a fuckload of money, much like a marvel capeshit compared to a cinematic auteur film.

>Implying japanese games are any better or deeper

Silent Hill, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry.

>The masterpieces of painting and sculpture are just memes though
>implying

oh man I remember me and my high school m8s giggling in art class when our teacher mentioned the rape of proserpina

>That depression in the leg where the arm grabs it.
Absolutely incredible. And to think this was sculpted by a fucking 23-year-old. I got to visit Galleria Borghese a couple of years ago and saw this live. Looking at a masterpiece like this up close provides more entertainment and stimulation than any childish video-game ever could, at least if you're not a complete pleb.

Hi Sup Forums

>can't even see her pusy
gay as fuck

>striving to achieve this level of detail in 3d modeling is somehow less simulating than sculpting it.
the amount of human effort required to achieve that level of detail is far far more with 3d modeling, than with sculpt.

Software developers, artists developing techniques, etc.

Just because one medium is older doesn't mean its better. Let it develop, its merely a fledgeling artform; not even 100 years old.

sculpture is 3D modeling you mongoloid lmao

well, contemporary sculpting does use 3d modeling as a base, yes, but sculpt requires a different skillset than 3d modeling. What you stated is the equivalent of stating that drawing on paper and drawing on a tablet is the same thing. While related, they are almost completely different skills.

Didn't the guy who drew these make do a 360 and bash video games?

>Being this retarded

>the "i"'s are the only letters being lower case

why do people do this?

>audience watching the movie getting shot

if i ever meet this guy i won´t be able to restrain the urge to punch them in the face

>meticulously crafted
>video games

if you'd stop falling for the cash grabbing AAA games you'd know

Those are upper case "i"s, if they were lower case they'd have a dot

what?

>DiMENSiONS 101

>Games can't be art
Games are the original art little pleb :) Even animals play games. They are the purest form of human entertainment, too bad you can't understand that

Check out his comics, they suck.

Yeah because a drawing on a tablet is useless and not a piece of art.

>be american audience
>watch movie
>get shot

You mean "movie", don't you?

>b-buh muh 1000 year old loli demon has deep characterization!

BRAAAAAP

You just became a patrician my friend

Metal Gear

>Narrative (unaffected)

Except it obviously is. Video games are fun, they're not art or profound, get over it.