Is there some curse that prevents DC and Marvel being good in the same decade?

Is there some curse that prevents DC and Marvel being good in the same decade?

60's
70's
80's

>60's
DC was ass deep into Comic Code at that point, babying down their characters and plots.

>60's
I'll give you the 70s and 80s, but the 60s? Seriously? DC had nothing on Marvel then.

Dude, Marvel demolished DC in the 60s. Their comics were just more sophisticated than theirs.

Yes, it's called the "DC is never good" curse

I'm not even a big DC fan, but Bronze Age DC was consistently solid.

DC had a completely different audience though

Marvel was better but DC wasn't bad.

Cool company war, fag.

(You)

I feel like recently, rather than try to be good in their own right, the big two are trying to chase each other's tails. This ends up leading them down a poor path where one is always interesting while the other is a 'forced' kind of situation that causes problems.

Marvel tried to chase DC's tail by going into the movie business, they lucked out by getting a really great visionary at the head of their own company after years of being a 'producer' in their own IP's movies. Now DC is trying to chase Marvel's Tail by forcing the BvS and JL movies down people's throats.

In comics, Marvel was doing well and have a few interesting group events, then DC decided to copy them and have a lot of huge retcon inducing group events as a way to 'refresh' their universes every now and then. Marvel saw the press DC was getting and decided to CONSTANTLY run universal events that bring all the heroes together and screw everything up.

Dude, it has always been that way. DC spent the entrity of the 70's hiring away Marvel talent, especially writers, like Conway, Wolfman, Wien and Englert.

>I feel like recently, rather than try to be good in their own right, the big two are trying to chase each other's tails.
This is a decades-old thing.

They would 'steal talent' and etc, but their identities and way of doing things was still different. Recently they have practically been running from the same rulebook, but one person gets the newer edition and the other follows.

When was Marvel ever good?

>Recently they have practically been running from the same rulebook

oh look it's a "both sides are bad" fencesitting faggot

>when did Steranko Nick Fury ever exist?

When Marvel had a new multi-ethnic group of X-men who faced problems unrelated to the form X-men's problems, DC came out with a fancy new group of multi-ethnic (and dimensional/planetary) Teen Titans who had faced problems unrelated to the former Teen Titans' problems. Both groups had lots of sex too.

If you're reading more than 8 or 9 books from either of the big 2 at any given time you're reading garbage.

Marvel's been riding off that reputation to this day. I have no problem acknowledging that Marvel was better than DC in the 60s but once the 70s hit, once DC landed Kirby, the playing field was level.

They usually take good writers from each other which is why rebirth has been so lackluster and Marvel is just dropping heat with titles like Vision

It's called Hypercrisis. There must always be a balance.