Were they right?

Were they right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bIKajSQ9DB0
nypost.com/2016/03/30/batman-v-superman-is-too-smart-for-marvel-fans/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah. A bit. Marvel fans are pretty stupid.

Absolutely. It's a known fact that Marlel fans have 40% smaller brains than might DC fans. A lot of the hidden meanings just go right over their little head.

>Marvel fans
>liking DC
>ever

Considering how many people asked who Flash was and didn't realize the dream sequence was a dream I'd say yes.

t. Snyder

Well, the pacing in DC movies could improve a lot.

Id argue people that are still giving WB money are a few IQ points lower

Wow, what stupid clickbait.
>6 months ago

Well, I don't know.

It rather seems that the people who liked this and MoS are the biggest idiots on the internet.

>thinking Hack Synder has an iota of intelligence

when will this shit meme die

>Armored mexican guy is supposed to be Flash
>It's not even a dream

Are there people who actually like BvS? When I see people praise it here I just assume they're being ironic or trolling.

Snyder is too smart for Marvel fans

>and didn't realize the dream sequence was a dream I'd say yes.

the movie opens with a flashback that turns into a dream sequence out of nowhere so I don't blame them

Its amazing what the human mind will create out of literally nothing just to validate liking a misfire of a movie. Guarantee if WB creates a winner Synderfags would do a complete 180 and shit on everything that came before it

Yeah. Not that it was that smart a movie, a lot of people just try very hard not to think when it comes to Capeshit. Like people couldn't understand points in Suicide Squad they had characters literally explain. So it was smarter than it thought it was while still being too smart fro the room.

Sadly yes.

There is this kind of heresy that exists inside the DC fandom that claim to be the "real fans" and they suggest that these crap films that shit all over the favourite DC characters are masterpieces and shit. God knows.

what's that? harley quinn's movie adaptation is lollipop chainsaw sex bullshit?

what's that? batman and superman are outmoded trash?

I've always been a marvelfag but I've still enjoyed dc too
Lately though I've been leaning mostly dc because most marvel books right now just aren't very good, with a few exceptions

There are but there is a lot of samefagging

capeshit SHOULD make you think
but the kind of shit it should make you think about is "what if you hit vibranium with adamantium?" and shit like that.
or shit like tony's alcoholism

>Bvs released 6 months ago
Feels like i just saw it yesterday

What is there "to get" about BvS? The themes are right in your face it's like Zack took an old superhero deconstruction essay from middle school and put it to film.

The funniest case has to be the 1.jpg poster.

He created BvS hype threads daily while simultaneously falseflagged as a normie "not feeling the hype for CW", and after the movies came out and people made fun of him with screenshots he would reply in seconds claiming that those threads were marvelfags falseflagging.

He might have committed suicide or something by now.

Kind of.

If you watch Marvel movies, you're an idiot.
It also applies to DC movies. Especially Batman V Superman

I like DC.

I liked it just fine, really. It was more enjoyable than Nolan's last Batmovie and MOS by a long shot.
I like some maybe even most of the and X-men movies too.
I liked Watchmen best of all.
But, I prefer comics, old comics especially, over all else.

>used were they right
>not are they right
Stupid marvel fan. No wonder you read kiddy books, you have no reading comprehension.

I've always been a marvel fan, but with marvel shitty relaunch and Rebirth I've come to enjoy DC a lot

Shit my friends say
>why didn't Zod just keep earth as it was
>Lex had no motivation and he never stated it
>Lol they stopped fighting because their moms had the same name

DC: "YOU DONT GET IT ITS JUST TOO DEEP FOR YOU FUCKING RETARDS"

>not muh

IT wasn't a dream though he was travelling back in time even after Ben wakes up the paper from his desk is flying in the air

>>why didn't Zod just keep earth as it was
I haven't watched MoS, why didn't he? Who wouldn't want an army of super people?
>>Lol they stopped fighting because their moms had the same name
This is true.

>luchador
>shows up in a time portal inside of a dream that had just been revealed to be the first level of a dream within a dream

It's just so fucked up dude.

"The movie was too deep for you, man.." is easily the most ridiculous defense of Batman v Superman.

Kryptonians were made not born. He was literally genetically programmed to serve Krypton and had no desire for any other options. Without the purpose of serving and saving his planet he went insane.

As a Marvel fan, I believe that Superman is one of the greatest heroes of all time and he gets to much hate from people who call him boring for being OP and not knowing how good he really is.

That's why it is painful that a Sentry movie will be closer to what Superman should be than MoS was.

>lol he's just crazy bro

I wouldn't mind "not muh" if it wasn't total garbage.

Nolanbats is a "not muh" but nobody complains because it was well executed.
Same goes for Raimi Spider-man, a lot of X-men movies, and many aspects of the MCU.
Because the changes are justified by good and fitting writing.

But when you get emo Superman, manic killer Batman and hot topic suicide squad because that's what Snyder thinks is cool, "not muh" is a valid fucking argument, and you defending it out of brand loyalty is plain retarded.

100%. People still are asking "but why did Lois throw away the spear?" "what does Martha mean?" and "what was Lex's plan?"

How retarded do you have to be? Watch the movie.

Listen, you can try to make your material seem as intellectual as you want, but there is no getting around the shitty editing and plot problems.

Also, saying "Civil liberties are being trampled on by a man who thinks he's above the law" is not that great way to seem intellectual when it's just Batman fucking murdering people.

>pre-release hype for BvS
>"This movie might be too smart for normal audiences"
>movie gets thrashed by critics
>"We only care what the audience thinks!"

I don't think so.

Oh, okay.

Dr Strange is in a couple of months and if it outperforms BvS then they will need the biggest spin doctor plan rolling to keep investors and whatnot from wanting blood from this travesty.

It's only taking to account movie fans. By reading comics that puts you above 90% of people who only watch movies (both Marvel and DC).

>I haven't watched MoS, why didn't he?
This Zod was so stuck in the past that he made multiple error of that style. For instance, he didn't really need the codex, because Jor-El already showed by having a son in the normal biological way that it was possible to reproduce. And yeah, he could have trained all his followers to handle red sun radiation and stomped everyone. But his being roped into the Kryptonian way of thinking led him to believe they needed a new Krypton, so that's what he aimed for. The whole movie makes a lot more sense if you just assume that Kryptinian genetic design just made everyone fucking retarded.

>Deadpool did worse than BvS
The real tragedy.

I didn't think so until there were all those posts about how people didn't understand SS

Now I'm pretty sure that yeah, Marvelcucks are dumb as shit

I think they're almost equally as stupid.

>sentry movie

Warner would sue

BvS wasn't particularly good but seeing the complaints about the film i tend to agree that marvel fans really are too stupid

That being said it's mostly done as a lark so it's not done as serious criticism

Deadpool didn't release in China and 6 other countries that BvS did.
Domestically It destroyed BvS

No. It's Snyder who was too dumb to write a deep and morally complex movie

this

HYPERCRISIS

EVERY DREAM IS AN ALTERNATE REALITY

Why was Batman watching a Spider-Man movie

Sorta. A lot of the marvel movies have really huge "But... wait" moments that create huge plot holes when you think about things for more than three seconds. The movies requires you to never think to hard about things.

Batman vs superman, while far to pretentious in certain aspects and just badly written in others, also doesn't hold you hand at all when it comes to certain plot details, causing confusion over some very simple plot points.

So the statement is mostly true.

I feel like this is their way of insulting Marvel's superior numbers by claiming that the millions of moviegoers that prefer the MCU to DC are just stupid. I can almost hear a board exec going "THEY ARE STUPID, AND WE DON'T WANT THEIR ICKY MONEY, BLAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

I though shareholders and CEO types only care that first month of a films launch.

Dr. Strange will make a billion at the cost of carefully crafting the movie for the chinese demographic.

Yeah insulting the audience you are trying to get sounds really smart.
WB should ask EA how that work out for them

Why is this posted on every BvS thread? I'd say it's more likely that it's two or three people who DON'T like the movie.

yessssssss youtube.com/watch?v=bIKajSQ9DB0

It's funny because this movie actually does have a decent amount of depth to it, but nobody is allowed to talk about it without people spamming "2deep4u."

>Hey! What the hell, Batman?
kek

>The purpose of a cult is exclusion. If you're not in the cult, you are by definition lacking some essential quality shared by its members. Those inside the cult can feel privileged, even gifted, by their ability to 'Get It'. I was willing to 'Get It', I was sincerely prepared, but at the end of this experience, I concluded there was nothing to be 'Got'.

This is from a review of Tim and Eric but fuck it

Snyder can make a shot look spectacular, but his movies can only give off the illusion of depth. Philosophical drivel that leaks out of every characters mouth and symbolism that a film student would find pretentious is something anyone can do. Pacing, character development, dialogue, and maintaining a competent storyline, requires skill.

But now that Snyder has total control, and is heading towards a trainwreck as fast as humanly possible, comic book fans have no choice but to force themselves, even reward themselves, for believing that everything Zack does is for a reason, and a good one at that. And if you disagree, you just don't 'get it'.

Even if they were right (as I'm sure a lot of you shitposters are saying) that's not the kind of thing you say two weeks before the movie comes out.

"Don't insult your target audience" shouldn't even be a rule that needs stating., It should be fucking obvious, yet studios like WB and Sony don't seem to realize it.

Yes.

nypost.com/2016/03/30/batman-v-superman-is-too-smart-for-marvel-fans/

That's how it normally goes if all projected numbers are met.
However when a big project goes wrong in some real way they tend to pick it apart a lot worse, and the more sour it goes the more it rocks the boat. Green Lantern 2 was actually green lit with everyone sign on and ready but when the Extended cut failed to meet sales that green light was busted out and quickly thrown under the rug.
Obviously they can't do that with WW and JL but if things don't improve I feel JL will take some budget cuts and we might see the rest of the movies but on hiatus.

There are 3 more major money making Disney films this year that could beat it's numbers and if all three do that shoves BvS to #8 and takes SS off the top 10. That would be a huge black eye to the franchise.

Wonder Woman is due in June next year but it has to face off months before with Live action Beauty and the Beast, Power Rangers (it could have a chance),Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2(one month before it) then after it's launch it's faced up with Transformers: The Last Knight, Despicable Me 3(God help us all) and Spider-Man: Homecoming

If it does as bad or worse than BvS then it has to sweat bullets at late year titles such as Thor: Ragnarok and Star Wars VIII

For better or worse DC filmverse is rested on Wonder Woman more so then Justice League because if Wonder Woman fails to entertain audiences then only the most dedicated cape fans will pay for a ticket to see Justice League

Being a fan of one doesn't preclude you from also being a fan of the other despite what Sup Forums would have you think.

actually philosophers and film students have praised the movies
and the fact that marveldrones seem harping on about the same thing (showing they don't 'get it') does suggest they're being rather stupid about things

This is only true for moviefags, which is sad. I was talking to my friend, who only watched the movies, what she thinks of DC and (surprise) she said she doesn't like them because of their movies. She wants to get into comics, and I told her that DC comics are very different from the movies, but she is very adamant about not reading any DC and only sticking to Marvel

for fucksakes at least try

How is Batman vs Superman a smart movie?
What is it they think people won't understand?

>But now that Snyder has total control,
but that's literally the opposite of true

Wow, that sounds super hard to follow! Just like inception!

>Don't linking the exacly same crap with different colors

Get her to watch JLU or Mask of the Phantasm.

>Stories should not have meaning. They should be simple for dummies like me

Marvelcucks should all be gassed

Inception wasn't particularly smart or deep either, it just has a fanbase that insists it is. So yeah, sure. Just like Inception.

>oooooh you don't get it he was dreaming the whole time
Bitch I watched Total Recall and that did the exact same thing AND had a three titty stripper.

>Like people couldn't understand points in Suicide Squad they had characters literally explain.

Mob mentality. They were told not to like the movie from the outset, so they were too busy trying to make up reasons to hate it to actually pay attention. They're being willfully dense just to be part of the club.

even the RLM review had them criticizing the movie for something they spent two entire scenes on.

>hurr durr it was bad so I shouldn't have to pay attention
epin

>So off went the Emperor in procession under his splendid canopy. Everyone in the streets and the windows said, "Oh, how fine are the Emperor's new clothes! Don't they fit him to perfection? And see his long train!" Nobody would confess that he couldn't see anything, for that would prove him either unfit for his position, or a fool. No costume the Emperor had worn before was ever such a complete success.

>"But he hasn't got anything on," a little child said.

>"Did you ever hear such innocent prattle?" said its father. And one person whispered to another what the child had said, "He hasn't anything on. A child says he hasn't anything on."

>"But he hasn't got anything on!" the whole town cried out at last.

>The Emperor shivered, for he suspected they were right. But he thought, "This procession has got to go on." So he walked more proudly than ever, as his noblemen held high the train that wasn't there at all.

It's okay if you like the DCEU but we can still see your penis.