Planet of the Grapes

What's your opinion on this trilogy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SXkpCGwN31Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I liked all of them. Too bad it ended ;_;

I like how he gets more grizzled and angry as the films start to get darker.
They're making more, are they not?

overall solid, War is probably the weakest, 2 of the writers from Rise and Dawn got shanghai to write for Avatar 2-5 though so it couldn't be helped.

Cried when I thought Rocket might die,
cried when Caesar died.

popcorn trash for kids who have never watched the original series of movies

I liked the first one, second one was okay, didn't even know the third one was out.

It's prophetic

>They're making more, are they not?
It wouldn't surprised me if Fox shits out a remake of the original in this series, but it won't be any of the same people making it.

Most importantly no Caesar

Improved with each installment and it started off great
Rare feat

>Improved with each installment
nah

"more grimdark" does not equal "better"

>none of the same people making it
Is this confirmed?
>remake
I don't think they'll "remake" it in the traditional sense. Everything thus far has been just a little different than the original story (e.g. the timeline) but I wouldn't mind seeing a film about Maurice building the ape civilization and so on and so forth.

only good one is the first. 2 was boring safe shit for all demographics and 3 was yet another ripoff of The Road which plagues almost all mediums these days.

War is easily the most comedic of the three.

It's good, but not as good as it thinks it is. That first time Caesar said "No!" gave me chills. Then they tried desperately tried to go for that same effect about 5 times throughout the trilogy, trying to make the struggle more epic when it didn't really need to be.

Why does Caesar look so old in War? He's only around 20-25 years old, and most apes can live much longer than that.

First one was way better than it had any right being.

Next 2 are kinda dull and forgettable.

As a trilogy it's not terrible but overhyped by most. It's also probably one the worst named series of movies ever made?

Literally WE WUZ APES N SHEEEEEIT: The Trilogy

Stress. A lot of Presidents and other world leaders have been known to appear to have aged 15 years in one term.

>XD:the post

Faggot

cried when she put the flower in the gorillas ear, cried after thinking about him moving up to her all scary looking before plucking the flower

youtube.com/watch?v=SXkpCGwN31Y

Rise >> Dawn > War

overall

1968>>>>>>>>Rise>>Escape>>Dawn> War>Beneath> Burton > Battle > Conquest

>I don't think they'll "remake" it in the traditional sense. Everything thus far has been just a little different than the original story

If we get another one of these, it's probably going to take place generations after War and it will start with a space ship falling out the sky. Obviously it'll have to be different because we know the plot twist, but I think it will retread a lot of the same ground.

Anti Lord of the Rings

I wanted to be affected by the flower moment but it felt so forced. The whole movie she's been bonding with the orangutan, and then at some point... the gorilla gives her a flower? And then literally the next scene the gorilla dies. It felt like that first scene existed purely for a quick and cheap tear jerker scene.

liked Rise, didn't care for Dawn at all, to the point where I don't even have an interest in watching War.

Last one was a big let down. Also very bizarre viewing experience, felt like it was 60min long but it was actually 142.

Gonna go see War in a bit. It's honestly shocking how many legitimately great moments are in the first two
>Shouting NO at Draco Malfoy and beating him to fuck
>The battle on that big red bridge
>Koba duel wielding on horseback
I hope they don't blow it by expanding this into a universe

The only good trilogy I've ever watched to be frank

I honestly can't discern the second and third stories from each other. I was so confused when I saw the commercial for the third one because I knew that already happened.

2 > 1 > 3