Why do millennials think Kubrick is a good Director?

Why do millennials think Kubrick is a good Director?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gPtVNDvwGMo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>2001
>shining
>clockwork orange

And unlike many modern directors he actually wrote the screenplays too, or was a co writer.

Because he faked the moon landings

Name one good Canadian director.
>Protip: you can't.

these

also that

The irony is that Kubrick would have hated millenials, and if he were still alive he probably would have made a film satirizing their entire generation.

Also, OP is a leaftard fag.

Honestly, Kubrick was in the last generation of thought provoking movies. There are probably 50 worthy films after his death that could even be mentioned as a movie you could take something from to better your own life.

Jackdurden.com

Barry Lyndon is a masterpiece imo

but Kubrick moves really make you think.

another

Villeneuve

James Cameron

>denis villeneuve
Why the fuck does this faggot spell his name with one N? It's Dennis, with two.
Still waiting for that Kubrick-tier Leaf director, btw.

Because you youngfags grew up on Michael Bay movies.
>checkmate

He said good.

I dunno. Does he still count as canadian any more? I feel like we corrupted him somewhere in between Titanic and Avatar.

>he didn't watch Enemy

user ...

>Enemy opened in a single theater in North America and grossed $16,161, later expanding, with the widest release for the film being 120 theaters.

user, no one watched Enemy.

Kubrick was good. I'm sure his generation thought the same.

Xavier Dolan and Denis Villeneuve are legitimately good to be fair.

>millennials
you probably are a millennial you cuck

I can tell that this thread made you really fucking butthurt: >Also, Full Metal Jacket was a Nietzschean
masterpiece as was 2001.

Dr. Strangelove was very sharp and incisive for its time and still holds up as a dark comedy today.

Paths of Glory might've been naive and idealistic (and thus a worse film than Full Metal Jacket), but the cinematography was revolutionary as far as war movies go.

Eyes Wide Shut was redpilled as fuck and I think it's the movie that got him killed -- he simply knew too much about the society of the elites.

David Cronenberg

A history of violence is almost as Sup Forums and redpilled as Peckinpah's Straw Dogs

>Eyes Wide Shut was redpilled as fuck and I think it's the movie that got him killed -- he simply knew too much about the society of the elites.
This, Kubrick knew too much.

Because he was a good director.

Straw Dogs is more rape-pilled than red-pilled.

Dr. Strangelove is LITERALLY Jewish lefty propaganda about how "toxic masculinity" is causing the extinction of humanity and men are literally worse than nazis, only think with their dicks and are fine with everything as long as they can get them wet.

I mean, look at A Clockwork Orange

That film was very prescient as well -- predates the disclosure of MKUltra

Eyes Wide Shut was obviously over the line and too blatant, though. I'm not one of the people who believes he faked the moon landing (too much scientific evidence for that) but it's obvious that Kubrick, as an elite and esteemed director in Hollywood, would have a lot of access and an 'insider's view' to what goes on in those circles. No doubt that some of the stuff in that movie is stuff that Kubrick personally witnessed.

Nigga, the movie is about the folly of technocrats (and the hopeless nihilism of the technocratic game theoretic nuclear war policies) and the myth of the 'rational actor' when talking about something as primal as war.

The fact that you read 'toxic masculinity' into General Rippers fluoride rant shows you've spent way too fucking much time on Sup Forums

If anything, Kubrick put the 'fluoride' bit in as a redpill.

An underrated masterpiece of his:

youtube.com/watch?v=gPtVNDvwGMo

The irony of your idiotic post is that HE DID

ITS CALLED A CLOCKWORK ORANGE U FAGET

Man, that first part in the trenches gave me chills the first time I saw it and still kind of does.