Why does nobody like Superman?

Why does nobody like Superman?

I like superman

Therefore that statement in incorrect

Because Captain Marvel is better.

There's a lot of people who like Superman. It just that the number of people who like other characters is even bigger.

Superman is best when he's shown as a person, when we get to see his thoughts and interactions and feelings.

However I think seeing Superman in a battle is boring. I never feel invested.

I like Superman. He's the essential superhero.

>created in the 1930s
>can do everything
>generic
>wears underwear on the outside
>mary sue of himself from how the character began to what the character is now
>muh human looking alien
>muh white man in a western world as an outsider
>constant references to being god

Hating superman is just a meme for people who don't actually read comics.

>"Superman's OP!! He sucks!"
>"Batman can kill superman!! He's awesome!"

His hey day was the 50's, he is boomer-core.
The most popular hero these days are wolvie and bats, should tell you something about current society.

superman IS op though.

>using batman is better than superman as strawman argument

it's like bait. i think i just took bait

He should really be in space fighting Darkseid and shit, not stuck on Earth

>at a party last night
>some guy asks, Batman or Superman?
>I say Superman
>guy flips out and goes on 5 minute rant about how Superman sucks
>basis of his rant is Batman has no powers

Apparently I'm the only one who said Superman.

Just make him into a black woman already

>can do everything
This isn't remotely true. He can do a lot of things but not everything. Read more comics or at least watch the animated series.

>generic
He's the first. He can never be generic. What you're referring to is called an archetype, which is very different.

>wears underwear on the outside
It's not underwear and it doesn't have anything wrong anyway.

>mary sue of himself from how the character began to what the character is now
Not even you know what you're trying to say here. Just buzzwords.

>>muh human looking alien
>muh white man in a western world as an outsider
Again, what's wrong with this?

>constant references to being god
Now you're just shitposting.

He's seen as too perfect. People think he's never in danger. Unless the villain is from space or has kryptonite there is literally no danger.

When you think about it this is kind of true for all superheroes. I mean, Batman isn't going to die in the fight you're reading right now because you know there's going to be another issue. And even if he does die, he'll probably come back, since no one stays dead for long in superhero comics anymore. But the hero plot invulnerability in regular superhero comics is much harder to ignore in Superman's stories, where the hero literally is invulnerable. I mean he's never really in danger. And this tends to strike some people as boring.

It's possible to do superman right. You have to focus on his human side, since you know for a fact he'll come out of any action ok. They haven't been able to do him right in the DCEU, but eventually they're going to realize that dark and edgy doesn't work when there's nothing to be dark and edgy about.

Kids can't understand Supes, they are too immature.

And Deadpool. And Iron Man.

The problem is not that Superman is OP. I am a fan of Superman but even I can see how people have trouble with him. People like to root for the underdog. No matter how bullshit Batman is, he will always be the underdog because he's a human being. Being an extremely powerful being makes Superman seem like not being the underdog, at least certainly in comparison with Batman.

Please hang yourself tonight

Have you ever seen the animated series even? I'm surprised by how he's constantly put into danger.

You could, you know, just take the focus away from Superman.

See more people (even other heroes) react to his actions. Make him a secondary character in his own story.

I think the works that do that with superman are my favorite. Those, and the ones where he goes full lawful good like 'Superman vs The Elite'.

>He's the first.
That would be Phantom.

Did you ever think he was going to die? Do you ever really think he won't come out ok?

No. That's the problem people have with Superman.

Not saying this is true, I'm just telling it like it is.

What's Supes' best story, Sup Forums?

>It's what my hero Superman would want you to do.

Yep. Thread over. OP gets banned now for posting lies.

>Did you ever think he was going to die? Do you ever really think he won't come out ok?

Not anymore than any other superhero, really. People is delusional. They know the hero isn't going to die even when they feel he's going to.

>supes is op argument
DragonBall Z is supes story done "right," alien babby, cosmic power levels, death, rebirth, children, and most importantly, the story ends.

Superman can never end, is eternal, his popularity will just wax & wane with the times.

People do like Superman, even if they think they don't.

>not Gladitor

Superman is an extremely likeable character, but he's also a remnant of the ethics of a different era.

We are part of a generation that is encouraged to think different, appreciate individuality and not settle for what others say or believe.
We are part of the first generation that likes to challenge the purpose of religion, politics and economics.
And for a generation like this, Superman is a beacon of conformism.

It's not something deliberate, it just is what it is.
Yes, we're a generation of cynics, but that's not a bad thing, in fact it is good. It's cynicism that has given us the ability to make many leaps forward.

Superman is the best comic book character of all time.

For The Man Who Has Everything

>I'm the only one who said Superman.

So you were the only mature and intelligent one there.

True, other superheroes aren't going to die in their stories, but at least we can pretend there's a danger. Daredevil looks like he's not going to get out of the scrapes he's in, for example. You can't pretend that with superman.

I'm not saying any of this is true. OP merely asked why people hate superman, and I'm explaining. They think he's boring. That's it. Disagree with it all you want, these are just opinions, but that's what people think.

What are you talking about, he's the most iconic superhero ever. Literally everyone knows him.

>We are part of the first generation that likes to challenge the purpose of religion, politics and economics

You're going to regret saying things like this when you're an adult.

>Literally everyone knows him.

But not everyone likes him. Superman is like Hitler. Everyone knows who he is, that doesn't mean he's popular.

>DragonBall Z is supes story done "right," alien babby, cosmic power levels, death, rebirth, children, and most importantly, the story ends.

If you knew shit about Superman you would knew he's not about powerlevels. The best Superman fights are against things he can't punch. Moral dilemmas or situations that you can't solve by just punching shit. Dragon Ball Z is NOT Superman done right. Is Superman dumbed down.

>We are part of a generation
Not unless you are like ~50 years old grampa

>And for a generation like this, Superman is a beacon of conformism.

Superman is a beacon of the idea that we can be better and help each other. That shit can't be an ideal from a different era, otherwise we just devolved as society.

>We are part of the first generation that likes to challenge the purpose of religion, politics and economics.
Senpai every generation does that, all of those things have changed a lot over the course of human history.

>Superman is like Hitler

We've reached the peak of this thread, everyone can stop posting now.

>The best Superman fights are against things he can't punch. Moral dilemmas or situations that you can't solve by just punching shit
please, these are stories written by writers under comics code constraints who ran out of fun thing to do with supes decades ago.
You think he became popular as a some Jesus allegory, he is POWER GUY, don't forget your roots.

>Why does nobody like Superman?

Why does everybody insist with this meme? Smallville had 10 seasons, Superman merch still sells, MoS had a massive opening because people like Superman but dropped off because the film was shit

>Smallville had 10 seasons,
Every season more embarrassed by his comic book roots then the next.

He is "iconic" but not "cool," unlike Batman all the edgelords seem to identify with.

>superman IS op though.

Not in comparison to his threats and that's all that matters.

Think about it, Superman is either mentally or physically inferior to his villians meanwhile Batman is the physical and mental superior to the vast majority of his rogues.

And still they proved to have at least a semblance of an idea infinitely more interesting that just solving things by punching them.

>and most importantly, the story ends.

It's still going you clown. Now it's at stupid levels where punches destroy the universe

>animefags
cringe

I read comics. Lots of comics. I find Superman uninteresting outside of events.

People do like him. You're just on the internet where things tend to look less (or, in the case of weeb shit, more) influential than they actually are.

Shonen anime is even worse for powercreep than comics are.

>Superpowers, colorful underoos
>modern fans insist he is Plato's Philosopher King and above base activities like punching shit
Gee wonder why he isn't popular...

Outdated character who has values not shared to our current world.

That's why he's now portrayed as more brutal and impulsive (basically more human)

I like Superman when he is just being a nice guy and helping people out with stuff that should be so far beneath his attention you'd never expect him to notice it. The stuff that is life and death to that person, but doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Could not give a fuck when he's off in space punching gods or saving all of reality, though. It needs to happen, because the fact that a guy who can do that also cares enough to help normal people out (and crucially to treat them all as individuals and to be firm in his belief that each and every one of them is important) is where the magic comes from, but the actual act of him doing it is a bore.

The most popular heroes in the late nineties/early 00's are Wolvie and Bats, you mean.

Today, it's Spiderman/Deadpool types

I'm so old I still remember when the most popular characters were Spider-man and Superman.
Burton's Batman made him popular with the emofag normies, right?

>has values not shared to our current world.

Our current world is shit then

>nihilistic and a wicked sense of humor

Action comics 775: what's so funny about truth, justice, and the american way?

This is some tasy pasta my dude

>what's so funny about truth, justice, and the american way?
literally the title of this and every "Supes is boring" thread.

Normies love him, then when you start getting 'into' comics, you're supposed to start hating him since you're now knowledgeable enough to know better. But then the deepest level, which is people who ACTUALLY like comics and not just the bazinga crowd, make their own decision.

The normies aren't very vocal, but incredibly numerous. The bazingas are very vocal and much less numerous. And the serious fans are smaller and quieter than both.

This guy gets it.

It WAS made as a response to degenerate edgelords like this guy:
We should strive to a higher ideal. Even Zack Snyder said so through Batman's speech at the end of BvS.

Superman's in universe origins not withstanding, he represents America, always has.
People who love Superman loves American values, people hate him as much as they hate America.

Millennial shits would rather worship a violent millionaire vigilante than acknowledge American virtues.
It's pretty sad, really.

>if you don't like superman you're a bad person

maybe people don't like superman because his followers are total Pharisees

>We are part of the first generation that likes to challenge the purpose of religion, politics and economics.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAahAH

I dunno, capeshit has some pretty impressive power creep.

Boomer shits would rather worship an alien who had everything handed to him and never has to work to win a fight than acknowledge that sometimes you have to work and put effort into overcoming your laws to win.
It's pretty sad, really.

No, if you say dumb shit your're going to get laughed at though

You have to be 18+ to post here

>and never has to work to win a fight

Shame that isn't true though isn't it? Please tell me how Superman doesn't have to work to beat Zod, Doomsday or Bizzaro

Not my fault your only contact with people is the internet and television you dumb idiot.

>a working farmboy vs a literal billionaire who buys everything
>hardworking
HAHA

It's not my fault you're completely uneducated about human history if you believe even half of what you said

Sounds like something you'd see on r9k to be honest.

No one want to know the man who stands for things you outgrow.
He's too noble and too kind.

I'll take "insults completely empty of context or substance" for 500£

Everyone knows Supes is for little boys who listen to their mommies.
Then you become a mature neckbeard and understand the darkness within your soul that only black tacticool trenchcoats can cover.

btw, I haven't read an actual Superman comic in almost a decade, how are his sales?

Because they have shit taste.

>he's more interesting that just punching shit
>immediately thinking people is saying he's Plato's Philosopher Kin

Overreacting a bit too much?

Pretty good right now. Rebirth has been good for everybody though. The drop off from the 1's hasn't been nearly as severe as the past Marvel relaunches. Issue 3 is the latest we have figures for and it's at 97k with 1 at 105k

Maybe is our world the one that has to change.

You could have just said you were a bong and saved us all the time

They secretly do, they just don't know it.

Who can name all in this image?

Because he's boring, and invincible protagonists mostly make boring stories.
And he's doomed to stay boring, as any attempt to make him interesting cause a kneejerk reaction among a very vocal minority of hardcore fans among a vast number of people that doesn't care enough about the character to voice a different opinion.

And then you grow up even more and understand that maybe Superman is a good example to look up to after all.

>Did you ever think he was going to die? Do you ever really think he won't come out ok?

Those are the wrong ways to create drama with Superman. The drama in most properly done Superman stories comes not from "Will Superman succeed?" but from "When will he succeed and how much damage will be done before then?"

Samaritan, Plutonian, Omni-Man, Supreme, Erradicator, Ultraman, Bizarro, Superman, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Sentry, Apollo, Mister Majestic, Homelander

Is there an image like this but with Batman analogues?

I don't think there's that many bat knock offs, Midnighter, nite Owl...?

Fucking zattana could beat him up user

Less arguing with faggots and more posting of Supermans.

but does she tho?

Probably
I know enchantress has beaten him.

Tek Knight.