How is it not creepy that Piotr Rasputin who is 18 years old dates a 13 year old girl...

How is it not creepy that Piotr Rasputin who is 18 years old dates a 13 year old girl? I'm reading the classic issues when she first joined the team and they first started dating, was it more acceptable in the 70's or something?

John Byrne approves.

He was 17
They weren't dating
It wasn't acceptable, Piotr always turned down her advances and she'd have to catch him by surprise

It wasn't until at least half a decade in-universe that they actually got together. Kitty was already out of college and a teacher by then.

>He was 17
I thought it said he was 19

I know Kitty was 13 and had her 15/16 birthday in the pages of Excalibur

They weren't dating. Kitty had a HUGE crush on Piotr and tried to push her advances many times.

How old was peter wisdom?

They didn't fuck until Whedon's series.

In sci-fi areas, once a writer gets popular enough he starts letting his inner perv out. Dude, some of the 70's sci fi novelists published some shit you can't even get away with today on Sup Forums. (ore like Sup Forums)

It was weird cause no one even seemed to give a shit. In the 70s and 80s the weirdest books that you'd just find in the middle of the sci-fi fantasy section would just have at least one place, usually somewhere in the middle where something fucked up and completely perverted happened. I'm talking extreme pedophilia and shit like that.

I mean fuck. Stephen King wrote a full on kiddie gang bang and no one really even started questioning that shit until 20 years later. lol

I Always assumed he was in his early 30's when he dated Kitty which is more creepy then what OP is implying

In the classic team they never started dating. In fact, the weirdest part was when Wolverine got pissed at 19 year old Colossus for turning down 14 year old Kitty.

Well Wolverine apparently dated Squirrel Girl who is half his age.

well to be fair nearly everyone on the planet is 1/2 Wolvie's age or younger

Nightcrawler was also pissed off that Pete wouldn't play ball on a field with no grass.

Squirrel Girl is 80 years old?

Nothing wrong with that, like /fit/kraut&loli

Wolverine is like 130. X-Men Origins: Wolverine made him 40 years older for some reason, but you'd know that if you read comics.

Nightcrawler got stoked when he found out he'd been dating his adopted sister without realizing it, fuck that guy.

Soo... Squirrel girl is 65 years old?

Sliding time-scale and that, whoever said half was retarded anyway. Everyone Wolverine dates is basically a baby compared to him.

Well nothing really came of it, except that one reeeeeeeeeeeally awkward scene where they thought they would die in space and wanted to make out despite everything, but then sort of still didn't and you get dialogue like "I wish I were older"

Kitty was the creep always tainting the purest X-men o them all!

We have to find and stop that basterd

Warren Ellis just magically aged her up.

To be fair he didn't know how young she was and just assumed because she was drawn like other Marvel women she was at least 18

Kitty full on uses the phrase "special hug" at one point

It was creppy. Why do you think everyone avoids this shit ship like hell. Even Claremont was having regrets by the time Secret Wars started.

There you're getting into weird timeslide territory.

By the end of the 90s, Kitty had completed her postgrad degree. Smart, but by no means portrayed as a super-genius, it's likely that she was intended to have got this in the normal timeframe, or a little ahead. She's currently I think about 25 or 30, which also makes no sense.

Ultimately the real-world reason is that she's a Byrne Girl, in that she's precociously sexual and fixated on older men (like so many of his creations seem to be), and later writers have either misunderstood or misremembered the age she was supposed to be, or have just written her older and ignored the age thing completely. So now she's a teacher with a postgrad degree in I think computer science from someplace in Chicago.

The real problem is when later writers go back on things like that, as happened with Jubilee - years on the X-Men, then out of the X-Men after M-Day, then led her own New Warriors team and ran a halfway house for former mutants (implying she was over 18, since it was apparently a legal charity and a minor would not have been granted that kind of responsibility by the authorities), then for some reason she was only just turned 17 (explicitly referenced in dialogue) and got turned into a vampire for some reason. Then she became a fat kid with a baby.

See also: Jubilee's various boob sizes down the years. She's awful big for any kind of teen, but then suddenly she just isn't.

wut?

She is currently 25 and it makes sense taking into account Marvel sliding time scale. Also she doesn't have any degree and isn't even a sanctioned teacher as it was stated on Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men.

>you'd know that if you read comics.
I hate this meme on this board. Reading comics doesn't mean you read every single comic and know every single fact about the stories within.

>not reading every single one of the thousands of issues and every spin-off X-Book ever made.