Is there a bigger insult to source material on television?

Is there a bigger insult to source material on television?

Preacher

What's that

Elementary

what the flying fuck

They got lucky with the hovering text thing they did which Fincher perfected in House of Cards S1E1. Other than that the cinematographic/CGI choices have been between amateurish and outright bad.

probably Doctor Who

Better than Moffat's trash.

the amount of shit that poured out of the screen in season 4 was fucking astonishing

>yfw Moriarty was just a pawn the whole time

Well that's how the audience felt.

Elementary has a great Holmes and Watson trapped in police procedural hell.

That sounds a lot better already

Actually a good explanation. A data scientist would tell you that Sherlock's deductions have a maximum probability of 60% of being true.
It's like the Sherlock universe is a parallel universe where spuriousness doesn't exist.

Arrow

It's god tier dadcore tv, excellent before sleep or during hang overs.

Is this fucking Brass Eye?

This actually perfectly articulates my frustration with the show. Instead of a detective with a keen eye, he is written as a superhero with the powers of deus ex machina disguised as "smart".

Sherlock isn't a bad adaptation. It's not written very well, especially in the later seasons, but it's not like the source material was not a paragon of mystery writing. The main draw is Sherlock and how he does shit and the entertainment that comes along with it, and the show in spite of the writing is pretty fun to watch, bullshit and all.

It's nowhere near as bad as Elementary (let alone the worst adaptation in television history) where it's basically another shitty cop drama show that proceeds at the pace of a snail. Seriously, Sherlock episodes are what, 90 mins long? They feel a lot quicker than any Elementary episode, that's for sure.

This episode of Sherlock (The Final Problem) is one of the worst episodes of TV I have ever seen. Makes it all the worse because the premise is damn interesting.

A girl is the only person awake on an airplane running out of fuel and the person who may have arranged this is an inmate in a maximum security prison for super criminals.
Ends up just being about Sherlock's secret sister who is called Mary Sue and it's all about her feelings.

I dont know who to blame, Steven Moffat or Mark Gatiss, I like Gatiss as an actor so I'll just blame Moffat.