There are people who would have had her wear this ridiculous outfit the whole movie

>there are people who would have had her wear this ridiculous outfit the whole movie

>Captain America TFA teased Cap's classic costume

>Suicide Squad teased Harley's classic costume

Why do filmmakers do this? Is their way of mocking the source material because it's not "mature" enough for their dark and gritty tastes?

Let's not forget this colossal "fuck you" from the last Wolverine movie.

woudlve looked stupid.

only reason original costumes work for spidey and deadpool is because their faces are hidden

>woudlve looked stupid.
not if they made the eyes white and the actor was stocky, as apposed to having jackmans non-wolverine build

>Captain America TFA teased Cap's classic costume
But that costume looks incredibly stupid though.

Both The First Avenger and SS homaged their classic costumes. They didn't "mock" them.

>Why do filmmakers do this?

its because they have no real interest in the source materials and are just there for the fat paychecks

In Cap's case, yes, it was intended as mockery.

First Avenger was definitely mocking Cap's OG costume.
Its why he ditched it the moment he got "serious".

Part of the problem is the jester pom poms, theyre stiff and unnatural like most of Sup Forums, had they'd been hanging loose it would have looked better, kind of like the AoA or The Batman versions of Harley. But yeah I do admit this didnt translate well

>In Cap's case, yes, it was intended as mockery.

No it fucking wasn't.

>Would have looked stupid
Nah, it would have looked amazing. Thought processes like this are the reason why studios are afraid to embrace their comic roots.

Some outfits don't adapt to live action as well as others.
Captain Americas classic outfit and the Animated Series version of Harley are two examples of that.

It was, it was pretty clear, even Steve wasnt taking it that serious when he was doing shows and shit, sorry autist.

Is it weird that I want Wolverine in the MCU and ONLY Wolverine? It would be easier to excuse the costume, and they can bypass the mutant thing fairly easily like the twins. Just say he was an experiment from Weapon X, doesnt remember anything, and move on.

He wanted to keep the theme though. He respects it even in the modern day with no to sell war bonds. He acknowledges it as his uniform.

They didn't even tried. Fucking cosplayers can make the Jester hat fits their heads

i like this look because shes supposed to be a clown so it should look silly

Not defending the shitty costume attempt but did you really expect them to work hard on a costume with 3 secs worth of screentime? Arguably most of the casts main costumes suck.

I did not, but people are acting as if they did , specially OP

Because that's a really shitty Harley Quinn costume. Literal amateurs have done a way better job

If I had to guess, it's probably contractural bullshit. I.e. Jackman or his agents don't want his face covered up that much.

I always liked this one as a move away from the classic costume
But it's admittedly pretty juvenile

Yeah this pretty much. They designed them as just retarded horns with balls on the end instead of them being just a harlequin's head tassels.

jackmans a shit wolverine anyway. get rid of 'im

>Hood
Yuck.
I prefer The Batman's small tweaks with the costume. Its more like a floppy hat that hangs in the back rather than the sides, and uses bells instead of pom poms. Personally I think its cute

Its fine without the head sock she wears
Margot looked much better without it though

this was in The Wolverine? i dont remember seeing it.

>Painted on Domino mask
Why?
But I guess I've had my tolerance built up by consuming media that was unafraid to be outrageous and cosplayers that did a pretty good job translating it to real life. I'm aware that doesn't really jive with normies.

Maybe they'll let her wear it in the Batman solo movie.

Assault on Arkham still has the best of both worlds costume

Alternate ending, asian bodyguard chick gives it to him on the plane

Ew.

Pretty much this

When you go out of your way to make it look goofy and unappealing, yes, it does look goofy and unappealing.

>Margot looked much better without it though
Then she wasnt right for the part.

they didnt put this on the dvd why?

Fuck off, they dont need to embrace the comic books, they need to make good coherent films.

Cape comic books are 99% shit. Anyone that reads comic books knows it. You just take the characters and remake them so they fit into a good movie.

Marvel did it with CW and the result was a Civil War better than the shitty comic book original story. Or would you have prefered they embraced the original Civil War storyline? Fuck no. They got some bits of it, but basically remade it anew. And it was a better film for that.

Wolverine suit is shit and it doesnt fit the character. If someone is in danger near Spider-man, he changes clothes to protect his identity and then saves the civilian. If something happens near Wolverine, he just approaches the criminal and stabs them. Then he fucks off smoking a cigar. He doesnt go into the toilet to change his clothes.

Plus from all the superheroes who might need a suit to protect themselves physically or to cover their identities, Logan has no need for any. Since he has no secret identity and its for all intents and purposes immortal and indestructible he doesnt need the protection that maybe other characters like Scott would need.

He doesnt need suit, he wouldnt even bother using the suit. Its just a baggage that comes with the character but has no real meaning, purpose or coherence.

LOGAN WOULD NOT USE A SUIT. AT ALL.

Whenever I see the comparison between the movie version and the comic page, all I can think is how awful Jared Leto looks.

(You)

#EyebrowsForLeto

>Oh shit, Mr Sinister is destroying the city again with an army of Summers clones! I better find a toilet to change my clothes!

Kill jester

I mean technically they have a point. But ultimately you have to balance it. If you make a shit movie there's no point, but if it's ashamed of what it is, what's the point in that? That said Civil War was Civil War in name only, they didn't have to and probably shouldn't have named it Civil War.
Why? Why can't he just put it on there? He doesn't actually have a secret identity and at the point he'd allegedly get it he wouldn't have as strong a healing factor.

In the end it's irrelevant here, Harley is a fucking crazy person there's no reason she wouldn't love dressing up in her jester's outfit to do the shit she does. You don't have to wiggle to find a coherent reason to jam the costume in like you would Wolverine, who does frequently go without a costume outside of times he planned to wear it.

>>There are shitposters who think we really want "There are people on this board RIGHT NOW" Sup Forums memes on Sup Forums

But they would be wrong. Fuck off.

I've always hated her classic costume.

Jackman dream would be a comic style Wolverine film.
Like Reynolds he is very invested in his character being good.
His bigger issues are the fact that Fox is just playing a big keep away game and likely don't want the Fox Xmen looking to much like the comic versions.

Because the one she actually wore wasn't ridiculous at all.

that's actually hot though

Well for one thing, he doesnt nearly smile enough

I know the balls on the end of the head socks and the neck frill are black because of stealth, but if they were white, this would be a 10/10 costume

Because having it as a scene on the DVD would have been an even bigger fuck you

>Why?
Do you have any idea how much trouble it is to keep a domino mask on?

Remind me again why the Joker did not smile when doing this scene? Who thought it was a good idea to have him rarely find things funny? I like Leto as an actor, but Ben needs to fix this character for his solo film, juggaloker needs to leave.

The robin in this universe used one, why can't she. Also capes are a nuisance in real life, why does Batman and Superman wear them? Suspension of disbelief my friend

It was just for a scene.

Actually Harley's wasn't a "tease" as much as it implied she wore it before the chemical bath.

>Is it weird that I want Wolverine in the MCU and ONLY Wolverine? It would be easier to excuse the costume, and they can bypass the mutant thing fairly easily like the twins. Just say he was an experiment from Weapon X, doesnt remember anything, and move on.
Didn't hawkeye have the same mask?

Better than Hot Topic suicide squad

Robin was a kid and likely had Alfred apply Spirit Gum for him. Spirit gum is irritating though and reeks of pine sap.

Superman's cape is made of bullet-proof Kryptocloth. Batman's is likely lined with lead so that he can swing it like a weapon when turning around, plus depending on how they make it, it could probably harden like wings like it did in Nolanbat, as well as be fireproof.

The scene implies she wore the costume on regular before the movie.

Joker only smiles when something is funny. Hell, even BTAS Joker didn't have a perma-smile.

Pretty sure it's meant to convey that Letoker is getting tired of Harley's shit.

No one is saying Joker smiles 24/7, but Leto hardly ever cracks a fucking smile in this thing. Hes mostly zoning out into space

It was likely a cheap getup made for reshoots, just recently there've been cosplay posted I've seen that make it work perfectly and probably mounds more I haven't bothered to look for.

The thing is just whether Mag is willing to deal with wardrobe and makeup as much as those cosplayer to make it work, the answer of which is usually no for most actors.

He smiles, but a lot of his scenes are cut.

Yeah but as it stands NOW with the theatrical cut, he leaves a lot to be desired. Blame WB

Well yeah WB thinks Guggenheim is god, so always blame them.

So it's fine for Robin to have one, but not Harley? Like I said, suspension of disbelief

I'm not saying he should have a permanent grin like Nicholson, but he barely smiles, let alone looking like he's having fun, the scene with him shooting down the roof was great, but he just looked annoyed for 99% of his screentime, the DCAU joker had very serious moments, but he never forgot to have fun

Eye black fits a criminal more than an actual mask being worn by a child performer.

What the fuck does Guggenheim have to do with Suicde Squad?

I'm waiting for the Solo bats movie to make a judgement call.

It shows how bad WB is at descisions.

>guy fucks up GL for years
>lets give him green arrow

You do know Guggenhack is only responsible for the CW shit right? He has no pull

So? Harley is meant to look like a performer, she's a harlequin

So am I, but you think they would have put his most defining characteristic into his performance

If course they're bad at decisions, anyone who thinks they aren't are as stupid as Warner is as bad at making decisions

He would get KEKED just like everysingle MCU numale

What are you even talking about?

THEY REDESIGN THE CHARACTERS TO SELL NEW MERCHANDISE!
WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU IDIOTS UNDERSTAND?

Buzzwords to make him look important

To be fair, Ledger's Joker didn't smile much either but he's the most critically acclaimed ever

Which is bullshit as he wasn't a good Joker at all. Not a bad performance, but not good for the Joker.

There's no modern merchandise for this, atleast not in large quantities they could make her a 1:1 replica of Show Harley, money says that majority of people don't own anything like it. So that doesn't work in this scenario at all.

He's critically acclaimed because he delivered an incredibly great performance, but not for the Joker, he was more like Anarchy. I wish the would take notes from the DCAU joker as he had a good balance of goofy and scary.

Jackman's final movie better have him in this costume. 25years as wolverine and not once has he been the comic icon he was meant to be.

>Anarky
Sort of, Anarky was still for the people, in a warped and twisted sort of way. Ledger was like a watered down version of the character, like a lot of the Nolanverse.

I think you're limiting your definition of merchandise.

>Yellow emblem Batman is still the overall default for Merch designs while overall the other are largely forgotten.

Making it new and different means its not instantly recognizable, which usually results in poor sales.

The part where the redesigns are fucking trash

Maybe someone realized that casting Leto was a mistake and he'll be replaced with someone else.

Either way, how many people do you think actually own old merch? How much do you think was in circulation that a similar costume in a totally different franchise would cut into sales?
>No one would buy our shitty tshirts of Harley imposed on them. They can already get a vaguely similar drawn version of it.

>Making it new and different means its not instantly recognizable, which usually results in poor sales.
That's why they usually take the existing design and modify it with various pointless changes with every single movie. See; every movie version of Batman.

I can't argue with that.

the core of civil war was always differing ideologies so i dont see how the marvel civil war movie couldnt be considered Civil War. Considering its a movie they couldnt make a 3 hour film with heroes choosing sides and making it public etc. That was as close to Civil War as i think anyone could get for a movie. What did you envision the civil war movie to be like?

How delusional are you that you think that looks well made and would look good in a feature film?

She's a clown it's supposed to look slightly silly

Her actions that make her dangerous

>She's a clown
No she's not, she's a psychiatrist who went crazy. You fags who get so assblasted about this costume not existing anymore are as bad as the underwearfags.

he smiled enough

>No she's not
Opinion discarded on the basis that you're a jackass who knows nothing about Harley Quinn.

>No she's not, she's a psychiatrist who went crazy.
And dressed up like a clown.

I seem to remember Ledger Joker having a lot of fun even if he wasn't always smiling. The guy was just goofy in a creepy way.