Didney Worl

Disney World Thread

Discuss anything related to Disney parks (not just WDW)

It's Sup Forums related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fimx8MFyANc
youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY
youtube.com/watch?v=tVb0g0-JCfk
ocregister.com/articles/hotel-718500-disneyland-city.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All of these sexy resorts makes me want to go into architecture.

Disney resorts are so good looking

>ywn go to didney worl

Shit sux.

>Disney Quest is closing this year
God dammit, why do all the not shit arcades have to close? Then again Disney quest was pretty shit last time I went in 2015
>Daytona replaced with shitty NASCAR game
>Broken After Burner Climax

youtube.com/watch?v=Fimx8MFyANc

Main Street Electrical Parade in 8 minutes.

>the Main Street Electrical Parade is gonna discontinue this year

post yfw

>mfw Disneyland is gonna get back the Electrical Parade soon
Good shit and I'm not that big of a parade guy

I wanna go see smugfox

nice meme

That board is dead as shit. And disney is Sup Forums related. So shut up.

Can you hear the kid crying and the parent telling him to sit down?

I'm in southern California, so it's nice to have it coming back. Especially since I don't care much for Paint the Night.

The contemporary is goddamn hideous and I seriously question your taste in aesthetics.

I stayed at the Polynesian resort when I was younger. It was so amazing that I really want to go again and have been dreaming of doing so ever since I was 10, pretty much.

Went into the Contemporary Resort to see some family who was staying there once. It didn't seem as interesting as the Polynesian Resort.

I really, really want to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge as well. I had no idea that it even existed up until last week. But I really like the theme.

Oh fuck, really? Damn. I've been wanting to hit up Downtown Disney to check out its arcades for awhile now.

>tfw actually own AB Climax on the 360

It's a good feel.

>at WDW until october 9th
It's going to be packed when I'm there on october 5th, isn't it?

Maybe the indoor part is a little outdated with it's "Future through 1970's lens" aesthetic, but the outdoor part looks nice at night

People in the livestream, vote for Pete's Dragon float.

The current music still sounds weird to me

I've never seen one of these streams before, this is pretty neat

>Disney Quest is closing this year

Disney Quest's closure is just hanging in the air. It was going to be some NBA Jam or whatever, but Disney and NBA got into an argument about something regarding the building, so it's been on hiatus.

They're using different synthesizers than what they used for previous runs of the parade, yet they were able to use the original intro/outro speech.

Dropping out of the stream, someone tell me what the huge surprise is later.

The voice at the start sounds like it wants to give me a night call to tell me how it feels.

youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY

I've never seen this version of the parade.

Diggin the effects, but I'll take the old music over this one

>tfw It was my first time to go to disneyland last friday
Its like everything ive ever dreamed about especially the giant turkey legs

The big surprise is out-of-synch parade interruptions

reeeee go back to the parade

The music seems off though, I don't know if it's just the stream or what

>that fucking German buffet
so fucking good man

>All of this is because of a fucking NBA Jam machine in the building
If I recall, last time I tried that machine in Disney Quest, the controls were broken

No, the NBA was going to have a place that would replace all of Disney Quest.

Oh

Well, if they do that, they better keep NBA Jam at least

The special surprise was a downloadable wallpaper.

Seriously.

aw fuck that shiet nigga.

Stream would have good if they didn't skip a large chunk to talk to random tourists

>Disney World loses MSEP
>Disneyland gets to have MSEP AND PTN for awhile
I wouldn't be mad if WDW was getting PTN, but the floats can't make the turns. So now there's no night parade at WDW at all. What the fuck, Disney?

Time for your favorites Sup Forums.

>Favorite Ride
>Favorite Show
>Favorite Park
>Favorite Restaurant
>Favorite Memory

>Ride

Either Tower of Terror or Rockin' Rollercoaster

>Show

Fantasmic

>Park

MGM (I love the architecture out at the front area)

>Resturant

Boma's Breakfast. Tried supper a while ago and it was pretty good. Expensive as fuck but I learned I liked Ox Tail soup.

>Memory

Seeing Joe Perry at RnR. He was taking pictures out front with Goofy, and his assistant said "Mr. Perry will take some photos with you guys so have your camera out." So they come around and they get to me. The assistant accidentally skipped me, and after he took care of the group next to me Perry pointed to me and said "Hey get this guy real quick." I thought that was the coolest thing ever.

>Ride
Tie between Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, and Haunted Mansion, with Star Tours following close behind.

>Show
Definitely Fantasmic

>Park
Disneyland. Sadlly, I've yet to visit anything outside of DLR

>Restaurant
Plaza Inn. Pretty high quality food; better than I expected from a theme park restaurant.

>Memory
I went the day they reopened Submarine Voyage with the Finding Nemo motif. Ended up bonding with a total stranger over Disney trivia, and getting involved in line shenanigans with Alice and Mad Hatter.

I went to Disney Quest on Christmas day a few years ago using a free pass given to me by someone I know who's a cast member. I'm very glad I didn't pay for it.

You're basically paying $70 or however much it is to play a bunch of arcade games. And even though every game was set to free play and there were a huge variety of good games available, I'm just not the type of person to spend that much in an arcade at once.

They did also have a few Disney games exclusive to that area but all of them looked extremely dated. I tried this one Aladdin game where you're given a VR helmet and flying on a carpet. I literally just held forward and the game beat itself. The graphics also looked like they were from an N64/PS1 era game. It fucking sucked. I didn't bother with any of the other exclusive games.

>Favorite Ride
Tie between Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain
>Favorite Show
Fantasmic. I like Disney World's version more but both are amazing.
>Favorite Park
Used to be Studios but now it's just Magic Kingdom.
>Favorite Restaurant
Be Our Guest for the atmosphere and the grey stuff.
>Favorite Memory
Met Jim Cummings during Star Wars weekend a few years ago. I have lots of other good stories related to character meets (Will post some if there's interest) but I still can't believe I had actually gotten my picture taken with Jim Cummings.

Still saddens me how much MGM/Hollywood Studios got fucked recently with most of the rides getting removed, the hat getting removed, and less ABC related stuff, it really ends up looking like a shell of it's former self. Not to mention stuff like the Muppet 3D movie is really showing it's age, despite the added preshow reference to Most Wanted.

>Ride
Tie between Space Mountain and It's a Small World

>Show
Fantasmic

>Park
Studios. I think it has the best overall content for it's size

>Restaurant
Poorfag so I've never been in one of the restaurants

>Memory
Going for the first time. It's probably a retarded cliche but the fact that it took me almost 30 years to finally go, saving for SO many years (again, poorfag), learning how to buy plane tickets and online buying in general to get a reservation (poorfag, poorfag, poorfag), arriving at almost midnight to the hotel after flying in a plane for the first time in the cheapest flight I could get (pooorfag~) so that I can FINALLY walk towards the castle and see it for the first time was trully magical.

>Going for 6 days with a free meal plan
Alright anons, what are the 6 best restaurant (both table and counter service) on the property? Never done this before

>Ride:
Dinosaur, even it got toned the fuck down
>Show:
Fantasmic
>Park:
Old Epcot, Current Animal Kingdom
>Restaurant
Boma
>Memory:
Getting on the Magical Express at the airport desu, not the best moment but god damn that feeling is something else

>Favorite Ride
Either Haunted Mansion or Space Ranger Spin

>Favorite Show
Mickey's Phillharmagic and Muppetvision

>Favorite Park
Used to be Hollywood Studios, now is Magic Kingdom.

>Favorite Restaurant
Can't really remember much about the restaurants.

>Favorite Memory
Meeting Phineas and Ferb with my brother and having a showdown of sorts with them.

>trex
>beauty and the beast
>planet Hollywood
>yatchsmen

Planet Hollywood is down at Disney Springs for the next few months. Guy Ferreri is gonna be doing a make over of the menu, so take that as you will.

Here's my list though:

>MK
Counter Service: Cosmic Ray's, Casey's Corner, Be our Guest, Pacos Bill's

Table Service: I can't say, never ate at any of the table service places there.

>Epcot

Counter: German Pavilion, Japan pavilion, Sunshine Seasons

Table: Rose and Crown, La Cellar's (if you're willing to spend the money/credits), Garden Grill (I normally hate character meals but holy fuck the food here is awesome).

>DHS

Counter: Fairefax Faire, Rosie's all American Diner, Cantina Eddy's (they're right next to eachother. They're outside so be forewarned).

Table: Sci-Fi Diner (get the burger with pulled pork on it, shit's awesome)

>Animal Kingdom

Counter: Flame Tree, Resturantasarus

Table: Rainforest Cafe

>Elsewhere

Raglan Road (Disney Springs, Table) Ammoreate's (I forgot how to spell it, it's a bakery at DS. $8 for a small dessert but holy fuck it's good), the burger place (I forgot the name, but it's in the new area at Disney Springs. Little pricy but it's worth it). Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge. Breakfast is awesome and dinner is good too). Grand Floridian Cafe (Grand Floridian. Again a little price but it's good).

I need to go to some of the other Resturants around there, but I enjoy having money.

I know that's more than six but fuck you I can't decide.

So, I've been to Disney World and also Disney Land, I want to know now, what Non-American Disney Park is the best? I want to bet most people are going to jump on to saying "JAPAN!" because of the gorgeous Disney Sea, but I want to hear more about the Non American Disney parks, including the one in Japan. How different is the Magic kingdom in each of the parks?

Can't say for certain, especially about the others, but I did a flyover of HKDL back in 2009. It looked as big as Knott's Berry Farm, and Space Mountain was the first thing I caught from my seat in the plane.

Still wouldn't mind checking it out for real, though. Or any of the other parks. Especially Paris; I want to be able to experience Phantom Manor and their Space Mountain firsthand.

I was thinking of going to the Paris one eventually as that's a good next step from doing both the American ones, but with recent happenings in Europe and Japanese lessons, I feel that it might be better to go to the Tokyo one

One of the Cast Members from the old thread. AMA again.

Attractions Coordinator

When will I hear if I got past the phone interview?

Any tips on another Cast Member who wants to become a coordinator?

>Ride
Haunted Mansion or Star Tours
>Show
Does Food Rocks count?
>Park
Either Disneyland or Tokyo Disneyland
>Restaurant
Village Haus
>Memory
Too many

What are you talking about?

They did a livestream of the Electrical Parade a few hours ago. My first time seeing it since the move to WDW.

There will be, eventually. The same Imagineer who worked on FoF, SS, and PtN is working on concepts for a new MK night parade.

At night, they're testing various float models, including some of the surviving Spectro floats.

>>Favorite Ride
Haunted Mansion FL

>>Favorite Show
American Adventure or Flights of Wonder

>>Favorite Park
Animal Kingdom

>>Favorite Restaurant
Man that's hard. That I've been to, probably Sanaa.

>>Favorite Memory
Proposing to my wife.

>Sup Forums Disney Parks Thread
>everyone talking about the restaurants
Not even mad, Disney food is fucking amazing

Meal plan guy, here's all I can tell you
>Magic Kingdo
Be Our Guest is good for both services. Crystal Palace is good if want a character meal but just alright if you don't. Columbia Harbor House is decent counter service. Get a Dole Whip if you get snacks.
>Animal Kingdom
Flametree is the best counter service by a long shot. Tusker House is the only table service Ocan think of besides Yak and Yeti which is disappointing. TH is good but you'd be better off going to Animal Kingdom Lodge for Boma (credit) or Sanaa (credit plus extra cash for the pita appetizer which is the best thing on the menu). Harambe Marlet may have decent counter service. Safari Amber beer isn't great
>Hollywood Studios
Mama Melrose is the best in terms of quality for TS, but Drive In and Primetime 60's are basically dinner shows that are super fun. Try and get the Fantasmic meal deal. None of the counter service are great but Pizza Planet is neat I guess. ABC Commisary looks good but is lackluster as fuck
>Epcot
You cannot go wrong here. Biergarten is an underrated gem in terms of table service but all of World Showcase and the Land is fantastic. The Canadian Steakhouse is by far the best but costs two credits. Sunshine Seasons or anywhere in World Showcase for counter service
>Hotels
Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge is great. 1900 Park Faire is nice and sometimes comes with qt Alice/Step Sister character interactions but will be full of kids. Chef Mickey's is overrated but good. The Wilderness Lodge restaurant is a hidden gem if you want American food
If you're willing to spend 2 table service credits the Hoop De Doo revue is cute but silly with a lot of nonvolunteered audience participation and has good food. Aloha is not worth two credits

Never eaten at Downtown Disney

But will it include Baroque Hoedown and the big drum?

Anywhere from a day after until the very last acceptance day. My first CP I heard back about two weeks later, my second was like 5 weeks later.

The hat getting removed isn't getting fucked. It's a massive and genuine improvement.

And most of the rides haven't been removed. What is being removed is to make room for enhancements to a park that badly needs them.

Any cringy guest stories? Anything from funny to unpleasant just tell us some weird shit you've seen and heard. Also are Brazilian tour groups still a problem or do you have them managed

I know that the hat didn't have much other than a tacky gift shop below it, but it still kinda irks me

i always want to stay at the Boardwalk Resort the next time I go to WDW. I get a serious Bioshock Infinite vibe from that place

It doesn't fit the Hollywood as Walt saw it when he first arroved theme. Then again neither does Star Wars or Frozen

I'll give you one per park, plus DTD, plus a wild card.

>MK
Table: Liberty Tree
Quick: Be Our Guest Lunch (or Columbia Harbor House if that doesn't count.)

>Epcot
Table: Le Chefs de France
Quick: La Cantina de San Angel

>DHS
Table: Brown Derby, but that costs you two meals, I think. So Sci-Fi Dine In Theater.
Quick: Fairfax Fare

>DAK
Table: Tusker House
Quick: Flametree Barbeque

>Springs
Table: Raglan Road
Quick: Earl of Sandwich

>Wild Card
Table: Cape May Cafe
Quick: Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe

I remember it taking me a month or so.

Treat your leadership with respect and attention. Your friends will call it sucking up, but it's not that. If they're competent, you should be able to challenge and disagree with them, just do it professionally.

Don't ever do the bare minimum. Always be doing everything you can to work hard and make things better for the people around you, Cast and Guest.

Understand your operation. Know the details of how it runs best and why. What the safety rules are and why.

Sell your self. This fucking sucks, but you have to let people know what a good job you're doing.

Keep your record card clean. Duh.

Don't make enemies. Get along with people. And understand why the Four Keys actually work, but that they're meant to all be performed at once. It's not about being safe, and then maybe being courteous if you still have time after that. Lots of people don't get why they don't get Coordinator when they cause all these operational hold ups in the name of, "safety." In their minds, they're being safe, and that's the most important thing. And they're right! The problem is, the best Cast Members are safe without doing so at the expense of everything else.

>you didn't play the Pirates of the Caribbean game
Dude, if there's one thing I'd go back there for, it'd be that game. Me on the wheel with two friends running back and forth between the sides of the rocking ship was fantastic!

My hope is that instead of having nods to MSEP, it has nods to Spectro.

I read this interesting story somewhere that Michael Eisner greenlit MGM just for the sake of stealing the spotlight away from Universal Florida

They haven't been a problem this year because of the Olympics.

There are tons of cringey stories. I'll think about them.

I had an old couple on the Haunted Mansion go by once, and the woman had her husband's junk out and was going to down. They couldn't wait five seconds to get past me, they started the moment they sat down.

There's a man who likes to ask female Cast Members to sneeze on him. He's a pass holder. He gets trespassed alot, but never banned.

Have you ever seen anyone wearing Kingdom Hearts-themed attire or with any sort of Kingdom Hearts merch at the park?

Well, you're being dumb. The entire entrance of that park was designed around the glorious forced perspective view of the street heading down to the chinese theater. It's wonderful, and gorgeous, and the hat complete through it off.

You're thinking of (refurbished) DCA. Studios isn't Walt's Hollywood, at least not when he arrived. It's golden era, so after he was already established.

>including some of the surviving Spectro floats.
I thought all of them were scrapped?

Correct. It's why it's the most slapdash of all the parks.

Every other WDW park has a master plan for its flow, and how to expand without hurting that flow. Studios has paths that go in weird directions, and isn't laid out in an intuitive way at all.

It also doesn't have a great expansion set up, and a horribly designed parking lot.

It's also spent its entire history unsure of what theme it is. It was originally an actual studio. Then it became an actual studio, and studio lots where you experienced movies. Then it started building stuff that was supposed to be real world golden era Hollywood. Then it started refurbishing some of it's, "live set," stuff in to being more like actually being transported to those fictional universes. All of this shortly after the real studio closed.

It's a mess.

Boot and calibration sequence:
youtube.com/watch?v=tVb0g0-JCfk

Every day.

Nope. Saw Ursula just the other day.

I stayed at Art of Animation. Shit's fun, the food court sucks, though.

a parade based on spectromagic means just another thing to keep the crowds at bay at night while I go enjoy the rides, I guess

How does this make you feel, Sup Forums?

I don't see a problem with this.

I'm miss the simple casual walkway though.

>mfw I get to take my niece for the first time
>mfw I get to plan everything.
>mfw we're doing a 7day land/ 3 day cruise
>mfw we're doing it when all the construction should be finished.

I cannot wait

I didn't say there had to be a problem with it, I'm actually pretty hyped for marvel land expansion.

I'm mostly okay with that. I love seeing new stuff every time I come back to Disneyland

>Arendelle

Is this really fucking necessary?

On a less aggravating topic, I've been meaning to take a trip around there to see the different parking locations.

Most Disney resort food courts suck now. Hell, as far as food goes, Disney has been rather lacking in it lately.

>Go to that one Italian restaurant in MGM/Hollywood studios in 2008 with family
>The menu was great and had quite a lot of stuff
>Waitress was a nice young and fun Japanese girl that we enjoyed
>Food was great
>Go to same restaurant in 2015 with mother
>Menu is one piece of fancy laminated paper with a handful of things
>The wait for the table was more memorable than the meal itself

I went to the more high end restaurants when we went.

First night I had Cali grill. Best food I'd ever eaten while being completely exhausted.

Yak and Yeti was basic chinese food.

I've basically learned Disney can cook ribs worth shit, though.

What is wrong with you?! Parades generally suck, but Spectro was the shit.

Do your research and take note that not every restaurant accepts the plan. Most do, though.

I hope it's a value hotel.

With CM discount, it's literally cheaper for me to stay at value places than at, like, Super 8. But they don't have any on the west coast. So when I visit Anaheim, I either spend a bunch of money, or stay in garbage and walk.

Read the plan. from what I hear, free meal plans are all quick service.

Nope. Already confirmed to be high end. Value Hotels are motels right across the street.

Disney Quest has been shit since Genie left the elevator.

Nope, it's going to be extremely high-end.

ocregister.com/articles/hotel-718500-disneyland-city.html

explains why much of it is becoming Pixar and Star Wars land

what's USCIS?

seems kinda weird that Disneyland doesn't have any Value Hotels of it's own

Please don't remind us all...

Wolt Didney is the greatest American hero
He spread the truth about filthy jew kikes

Take that one with a grain of salt. Most of the other things are legit though