Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon

Jon Snow's parents are Rhaegar and Lyanna. R+L=J is the only combination that would actually be meaningful and have an impact on the plot. Think about it, all the weird parentage theories involving Dany and shit would be interesting bits of lore, but at the end of the day they would be pointless. Imagine Rhaegar + Lyanna = Dany; it would be pretty interesting I guess, but really, who the fuck would actually care? It doesn't change anything, Dany is still a Targ with virtually no change to her claim to the throne. Then imagine something like Brandon Stark + Ashara Dayne = Jon, once again, it would be an interesting discovery but it wouldn't actually fucking matter, he's still just a Stark bastard.

But R+L=J is different. If Rhaegar is Jon's father, it will actually have an impact on the plot because that means Jon is Targ, has a good claim to the throne, and may even be a dragon rider (while still maintaining his Stark blood).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lxR5qy-8UtU
youtube.com/watch?v=r5krxJdnknE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's already confirmed who his parents are. Dabid & Dan had to answer that question to get the rights to the show from the Fat Man; this is one element they would definitely not change.

wow, I can't believe you figured out my greatest secret, would you like the rights to direct a tv adaptation?

people still have theories though, especially for the books

In other news, the World Trade Center was attacked/sabotaged, Iran held some Americans hostage, and Kennedy is dead.

Wrong
R+L=D
youtube.com/watch?v=lxR5qy-8UtU

It's already confirmed that Sam and Brann figure it out in the last episode, stop acting like it's some grand new thing that we're still debating.

How would that serve the plot? What would be the point of it?

It was always going to be the case for the show, but this thread is really more about the books

>dragon ride
He already has a wolf the size of a horse, a magical Valyrian steel sword, is a warg like his brother, and was resurrected. Jon doesn't need more power ups, especially not a living, flying WMD.

Why are all these people wasting time typing out all this guesswork when the spoilers for this season are online? You don't have to convince anybody that Jon is Rhaegar's son; the show will do it for you.

Soon a True mAN will returN to claim hIS brithright

Why do you people believe the books is going to have a completely different answer to Jon's true parentage? D&D are hacks, but the revelation of Jon's origins is something even they're not willing to change, and probably one of the few things that GURM insists cannot be altered in any way because it's probably vital to the plot.

>How would that serve the plot?
Why do people still question D&D's hack job as if it might suddenly get better?

>is a warg
He's not in the show, is he?

Jon will fuck his aunt.

He also doesn't seem to have a wolf in the show

It's actually hilarious how retards don't know that being a bastard is not a mark of honour. You have zero claims to anything, not even your family name.
You can never hold lands or titles, unless legitimised by the ruling monarch of the Iron Throne, and all lords and nobles have a strong disliking and distrusting of bastards.

Of course, the show doesn't give a fuck about anything anymore so that's the only fanfic where Jon being a targ would actually matter.
Anyway, R+L=J is a massive red herring.

B+A=J is the true answer.

Is this shit for real? Or is it just something that someone photoshopped.

autism speaks

those are retards. Some people really believe the show will have a different ending than the books, when the truth is GRRM told D&D years ago how the story ends. Jon parentage in particular has already been revealed.

You're the one writing fanfic right now m8.

I stopped watching after season 5, am I missing anything?

What is the point of Jon being a rape baby? It makes no difference either way.

Rhaegar got married to Lyanna, bud

Its real dude. Its a leaked set photo

It's Jon's head shopped on Dracula Untold dude's body.

Well, B/N + A = J means that Jon isn't the chosen one and is in fact just a random bastard, and R + L = D means that the chosen one is basically Sauron. It's a subversion of the hero trope.

>People being this mad that the show revealed something that they are flipping on a decade old theory
wew

you had to go and ruin it

He was still married to Ellia Martell. Only the High Septon or a Religious Council can allow divorce.

>B+A=J

this, and ultimately he is still a Stark bastard so it makes no difference. Even further he was used as a decoy to save the royal heir

The high septon is the most corrupt official in all of Westeros and was a huge Targ shill. It's very possible he annulled it.

then there would be writing about it. Do you really think Ned and Howland Reed had the ability to silence the leaders of the Faith of the Seven and keep this information away from Robert?

Isn't the tower where Ned found her in Dorne ?Rhaegar could have popped over to KL to divorce Elia while taking Lyanna there.

Also Bran will probably just see a rerun of the tourney at Harenhal because of complicated three eyed raven wankery.

''Yeah, just let me just tell King Robert of these divorce records so he can execute me for ruining the image of his waifu'', thought the High Septon.

>>oonaruemwillreturtoclaimhbrithright

This doesn't make sense

It means Theon will get the Iron Islands.

>not posting best theory
Aerys raped Joanna and is the true father of Tyrion

youtube.com/watch?v=r5krxJdnknE

It was already confirmed last season.

plot twist

Jon is actually just a bastard, and all this meme about him being some special case is just wishful thinking and is actually just a critique of hereditary wealth and privilege

this desu

>implying Tywin and Aerys aren't both his father
>chimeras happen when two different groups of cells become one person - like two twins merging into one embryo
>chimeras often have different coloured eyes and hair - like Tyrion
>can often be deformed - like dwarfism
>A mythical Chimera is a mixture of a LION and a DRAGON

D&D is my uncle he confirmed this theory for me

Finally someone who isn't retarted

What the fucking is going on this this thread? Are you nuts? The already showed that Lyanna and Rhagaer are Johns parents.

People are moving through the stages of grief now that the show confirmed it, since they wanted the books to.

>B+A=J

Retarded...

The show hasn't been setting up R+L=J just it to be revealed that two barely mentioned characters are the parents of JS.

Total and complete horse fuckery

so the greatest book series about schemes and plot had the weakest plot twist even worse than harry potter itself

fucking lol, grrm cucks absolutely btfo

hm not sure how I'd react to this.

I mean for the show he's obviously the only main character that deserves screen time at this point.

>plot twist
>obvious to literally everybody without brain damage after the first book

until it ends up it's Aerys's

It does matter if he is half Dayne though because it makes him sword of the morning dingus. Fucking show plebs. Every time.

I've read the books several times each. I've watched every episode several times each. I can tell you, nobody cares about the sword of the morning.

Who ready for wincest here

>No Young Griff
>No Big Vicky
>No Boltons
>No Mannis
>Weird coup in Dorne?
>Euron barely even Euron?

I haven't watched for a few seasons now but jesus christ what are they doing?

Is it worth catching up at some stage or is it just fucked?

who cares sjws ruined that show

yfw dany tries to burn jon alive and hes just like "im chill bro"

It is literalky a shitshow
Stay away from it

>Euron barely even Euron?
As of right now, that isn't a bad thing.

>yfw there comes a point where Jon is fucked and one of the dragons steps in and protects him

>Nobody cares about the sword of the morning.

Read the books again shit head. The sword of the morning is going to be the most important person in the world when the long night comes.