/westvirginiageneral/

/westvirginiageneral/

Im from Boone county, plz list what county you are from.

Feel free to ask questions about our wonderful state. Boone in particular..

GOOD MORNING

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oTeUdJky9rY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My record is corrected.

muh beautiful backyard

(you)

Kanawha.

Aww, man. The Byrd Klan pic? Here's a better Byrd pic:

Went to school at WVU, may live there later on

Ever been to Blue Hole?

Hello new thread. If this were on /soc/ it would be littered with dick pics by now. Anyone here done any /out stuff in WV? Gay guy from old thread.

thats the only thing to do here bruv

Gay Jew! Good to see you here!

no not personally

How do you feel about Virginians?
Would you be okay with a white Virginian that hates cities moving to your state one day?

white man, come home.

you're all good.

I used to go to All Good festival in WV, Marvins Mountaintop was the shit. Your police officers are ticket hungry faggots though, will pull people going 3mph over the speed limit over in certain spots. I get your shit towns need the money since they produce no cash whatsoever but c'mon.

Kek approves of your move

As long as said Virginian learns all the words to "Country Roads" and doesn't suggest "rejoining Virginia" every other breath, I'm OK.

yeah, the south charleston cops in particular are extremely shitty.

Well I dunno I guess my dream would be I'd have some comfy cabin to quietly write a novel or a screenplay in. I'm seriously considering moving soon to Asheville, NC if I can obtain a car but WV has been a dream since I first visited when I was 11.

wv is like a better version of nc if you ask me

Our cops are the most faggy of fag cops; complete and total asswipes; all of them. They used to break the coal strikes and kill miners like bootlicking fags. (Sorry, GayJew, no offense meant to you.)

I went to some Bluegrass Festival. Forget exactly where but maybe a few hours south of Morgantown. The music was ok but they had AMAZING art. Like photography and jewelry and I wish I had brought more money. And after a lot of people had bonfires and somebody handed me a huge rice krispie edible the size of a baseball and I wandered around till dawn.

I get this but Asheville is gay friendly, easier to get to air-transport wise, bigger, less remote, etc. Plus I could take some classes at UNC-A and its not HUGE like WVU is.

blair mountain never 4get.

it really is a pretty badass story though. the biggest insurrection in american history if i'm not mistaken
. was it in bekely or the tamarack?

Places of poverty and suffering often breed great artists.

well whatever floats your boat then. its nice there too.

I'll give them props for profiling hippies on the way into the festival though. They'd pull them over for no reason and throw everything out of their car onto the side of the road lol. I'm not a hippie so shit was funny to me since I never got searched like that.

Oh I don't remember just that it was near a river. I still have some drawings I got from the art show there. I didn't actually know they would have art there but the WV art scene is AMAZING and I love the food. I got ramp sauerkraut at the farmer's market a month ago and it was nice.

Actually the last armed insurrection since the Civil War (which was a lot bigger insurrection, btw.)

i wouldn't wish it on hardly anyone really.
noice.id like to for myself what are youre talking about.
i think its the best part of wv history

Man, I hope I haven't turned you off to WV. Charleston, Huntington, and Morgantown all have a thriving gay scene and are very tolerant places. All three have a university (University of Charleston, Marshall, and WVU) and all three are just minutes away from the nature you crave.

Its just the WV equivalent I suppose of Asheville is Morgantown and its more generic, big chad-filled school, no place for a weirdo like me and certainly no gay people to meet apart from like typical scene trend gays.

Yes indeed. They seemed really committed to their work and I was very impressed. I forgot to bring money so I bartered them medical marijuana from DC for it.

I'd rather live in WV but I doubt I could find a husband there and I would like to be a stay at home dad writer/artist type. I doubt I'm normal enough to sustain a 9-5.

It was in may so I assume its annual. I liked that the day events were family friendly and at night you could drink and smoke weed. Good combo and the ART holy shit as a gay guy I was wet from how cool it was.

there are plenty of weirdo's in wv. im not a 9-5 person either, i feel that pain. you could find a husbando here though, im sure

did it happen to be called riff raff or something like that?

They were looking for easy weed busts. Can't wait until we finally legalize and stop that stupid shit.

The guy who gave me my first political job is gay and he met his husband here.

They don't have the unique arsty vibe of Asheville. The draw of WV for me is not to live in some safe space but rather to live rugged in a small town where I literally cannot see my neighbors. Either seem nice for raising kids and are mostly white. Again they are total chad U and I cannot handle a 9-5 I need a consciously weird culture if its because its far from civilization or far from the mainstream. I've been to Asheville and it was a cool place. I've lived in Bend Oregon for a year ( a mountain town in semi-rural Oregon) and that was neat but rough without a car. I had an actual log cabin there so I don't need tons of creature comforts apart from internet.

I've been there with a friend several years back to his family reunion. I noticed some towns have signs that say Incorporated and others say unincorporated. What does that mean?

Weed, acid, ecstasy, coke, ketamine, you name it All Good had it. Weed and coke are probably the two easiest to find since the dogs can smell it. It was known as one of the premier drug fests in the US. The people selling good shit were usually not hippies though, I generally try not to fuck with them since they aren't to be trusted. The "peace and love" bullshit does not line up with reality, hippies are thieves and liars.

i had to go to municipal court over an empty baggie found in my vehicle.

he wrote me a ticket for fucking controlled substance, luckily its not on my record, it was bs

im gonna be honest with you here i have no idea.

The cops here are tighter in the butt than prison guards. They'll charge people on a suspicion that they did drugs 12 years ago.

When I lived in small town Oregon there weren't a lot of gays and it was very lonely. I live in DC now (where I'm from) which is literally (actually more than SF numerically) the gayest city in the US, 1/10 guys are gay and its comfy if generic and expensive. Ideally I'd somehow find a husband on the internet but again I'm role-playing on a chinese cartoon forum so it can just be a safe space for my ideals. I really wish I had kids. Lots of closeted guys when I lived in small town Oregon and its not really fun secretly hooking up with a gay guy who publicly has a gf so people won''t bully him.

Sigh yeah I mean if I talked to a guy online who was from there, and had a job, id certainly move there, but its needles in a haystack because gays are what like 3% of the population.

Incorporated towns have their own government. Unincorporated towns don't and are run by the county.

good to know, thanks

Thanks for the info. I did notice the unincorporated towns seemed extremely small and run down. Beautiful state tho. I'm from the hills in central Kentucky and it looks a lot like here.

so, who is the hottest anchorwoman? i'm thinking on it and will cast my vote shortly

How hard would it be for a europoor to move there and start a businness?

I heard from several people that slovenians really click with wv-ians

Needs MOAR mountains. Haven't been to KY would like to visit someday for /out/ purposes.

I have an enormous crush on mid 80's Dan Rather. Such a Dilf.

This is a good question.

It really depends on if the business provides a useful service or not, quality of work, etc. People in WV are mostly poor though.

I'm sure he's talking about local anchors.

I've been to Slovenia and WV and they are pretty much the same climate and terrain. Cultures probably not the same since one is pseudo Hungarian pseudo Italian people and one is most Scotch-Irish protestants.

im going with amanda barren

honorable mentions include hattie cheek and brittany hoke.

Business taxes are kinda high here for American standards. There will be paperwork/language challenges, but it's not like immigrants haven't moved here and started businesses before. The best Chinese restaurant in Charleston (Main Kwong) is owned by a woman who immigrated here and is wildly successful.

Harrison County reporting in.
Holy shit a WV thread on Sup Forums!?

It's about fucking time the real white people started posting.
How are you, brethren?

I like Kallie Cart.

Angry at our government, brother. Angry.

good morning my white bruv.

we are good these wv threads have been comfy as fuck

ah i forgot about her, she's also now an honorable mention, along with brooke tibedeoux

Minimum wage after taxes here is 4 euros an hour, people in america wanting 15 dollars is mindboggling to me, considering the prices aren't much higher

It would be a woodworking businness, i have some ideas but lack the space, gear and equipment

Pseudo hungarian - italian? Nigga are you high, if you said pseudo slav-germanic.i wouldn't have said nothing. But yes, climate and terrain are pretty much the same

Woodworking? You would fit in GREAT here. And you'll make good coin, too.

You would have alot of competitors if such is the case.

he would fit in like flint here

Indeed

so are any of you guys aware of the mud river lake/dam? its 15 minutes from my house on a backroad, and is absolutely great fishing, but i rarely hear anyone talk about it.

THREAD THEME!!!

SING IT LOUD!!!

SING IT PROUD!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=oTeUdJky9rY

Sounds familiar.

Slovenians and Czech are good.
I prefer Deutsche but only because I am one.
I am angry as well.
The country courthouse is railroading me on a shoplifting charge, I'm about to leave my glorious homeland for Florida.
Iet a hot chick on Facebook, she wants me to be her love slave.
I don't wanna go but God damn I refuse to go to jail.
First offence isn't punishable by prison so they're trying to say I didn't appear for court.
I didn't get a fucking letter.
Good to hear.

>We Wuz Germans
You are some made up country from the spoils of war. Certainly looks a LOT more Italian than south slav lands and isn't THAT far from Venice.

This is wishful thinking at this point, but i have some ideas for lights, furniture etc, it would have an artsy twist or a european spin or whatever you want to call it, i saw somw hideous plastic in bauhaus (a hardware store of sorts) going for ridiculous amounts of money, i stud architecture and like designing etc

Didnt want to turn this into a blog but i've entartained this wv thought for.some time now, i lack the money and space but in u.s. at least the space would cost a lot less and ppl would like the 'european' feel of things i guess

I'm a jew could I somehow help you market it? I love qt high end art but my motor skills are poor so I can't create any.

>Slovenia keine Deutsche
Sie sind slav-deutsch

Lrn2history

you should check it out someday, its very low key and under the radar. if youre bored i would suggest looking at it on google earth

Whatever man,believe what you will, i told you what we are but i guess some american knows a lot more about my country and its ppls than me

I've got a "Hate Joe Manchin" facebook page if anybody's interested.

Why hate Joe Manchin?

I know him.
He's a duche bag but he's my friend.

Because he's a lying, gun grabbing faggot turncoat. There's another reason?

I'm so sorry for you.

i met him when i was a kid. he's seemed tall as fuck back then.

we had to write a paper about what freedom meant to us in the 3rd grade. i ended up reading it on the courthouse steps to a crowd on veterans day or memorial day, can't remember which. anyway i met joe because of that essay, and got a letter signed by him and a mug...one second and ill transcribe what the mug says

That is good enough for me, but I haven never actually heard of this until now.

Then join Germany. Balkanization benefits nobody. If Slovenia was so great Melania wouldn't have been so desperate to escape.

I always assumed there was some amount of influence from the Venetian city-state and the Hapsburgs. Unified Germany as a powerful influential culture is a fairly recent thing.

Oh GOD! Did you see what he did after Sandy Hook?

I dislike jews as a rule of thumb but since you're on Sup Forums i guess you cant be that bad..

Drew this on the bus in half an hour, it's a sketch and its not that good but i also do pyrography and love wood in general

I did not. Also checked.

hillary bathing penitently in jesus' blood at his grave or am I reading too much into it? I guess when I last visited WV i saw the potential for high concept art + craft like drawing and woodworking since its not expensive to maintain a studio there but it is hard to find buyers because its not an established market. Lots of mountain town have a hippie art scene like Sedona or Asheville, NC. It can be done it just requires Shekels and sweat.

I would sell my immortal soul to Satan to see him lose an election.

That isn't very specific.

Melania wasn't desperate to escape, she just saw an opportunity for a better life somewhere else and took it, it's not like we eat rats and have no running water here

Hapsburgs yes, there was a lot of influence there but venice is no major player in our history, only the coast was actually under their rule and even then it was brief iirc

Oh, I have LOTS of these.

My grandparents were from Macedonia and told stories of using corn cobs as toilet paper. I think people underestimate how BIG Venice was of a regional empire before WW1.

here is the essay i wrote:

"what freedom means to me is that we should be proud that we have what we have. Freedom is the best thing I think you can have! If we didn't have freedom we would all not be at this school! I was always happy that I had freedom. It is a gift from God. I just wish I could give a big thanks to the veterans of our wars. We should not be afraid of Osama Bin Laden. Our mind should not be on him, but on our freedom! That is what freedom means to me"

bear in mind i was in 3rd grade so teh sentence structure isn't all that great.

Joe manchin:The adults of our state should be proud to have students like user. As I ahve said before,those who came before them may have lit the torch of democracyand freedom, but this new generation of young americans will keep it burning. In recent months, they have shown their true spirit by responding to the September 11th tragedies with creativity and kindness.

sorry for the blog post, i really don't even care if anyone reads it, but i was proud, and still kind of am that moment.

I agree with that though.

It's a shabby sketch i admit

Shekels i have not but i will do something wood related, thanks for info m8

With the gun grabbing?

No, with the preexisting condition.

That one's a bit better. My brother in law has shekels and is a venture capitalist. I'm a jew like him and I'm told if I ever had a good business plan he would fund it.

We'll only keep it burning by putting Constitution shredders like Joe out of office.