What are the best Hawkeye stories?

What are the best Hawkeye stories?

Please no Fagtion, I want real Hawkeye recs.

He was great when he ran the Thunderbolts.Think it was Vol.2

Well, I liked Fraction's, but whatever. I guess I won't mention the Deadpool and Hawkeye because it goes that direction.

There's his run in the T-Bolts, as said, which starts at number 30 or so (can't remember, honestly).
There's the WCA, which is older and has a yet classic narrative, but it's enjoyable.
There's the Avengers: Solo story, which I really don't liked a lot, but it's strictly a solo Hawkeye story.
There's the last run both Hawkeye and Mockingbird had together, alongside with reunion and Widowmaker, which I liked quite a lot.
The former Hawkeye run, which was ok. A road-story-lite, you could say.
And I liked some other stories in the avengers teams with him, even if people doesn't like them. I usually like when he's interacting with Cap, Bucky or whoever gives him any foil. It's fun.

I know people hate Ronin Clint but I liked him with Lukes Avengers. It was a comfy team.

And Clint was hot.

The Dark Reign Hawkeye mini is interesting though it is when Bullseye is masquerading as Hawkeye for Osborne's Avengers.

In the annual, and a few other, issues, just.
I liked him in the Ronin stuff, but he was usually so OOC it was not fun. Besides, too much drama with Luke and Jessica when they were aboard.

But again, when they passed Secret Invasion it was cute how he and Bobbie were hugging in every fucking background panel. And I still liked the issue in which he finds Wanda, and all the stuff while the CW is still on works.

If only Bendis could get his shit together and stop wanking his shitty ship drama. I could even forgive him his shily OOC parts.

>just.
Only. I slipped my tongue.

I liked Ronin Clint just because so many people just think of him as a guy with a bow. Early issues of New Avengers actually showed him holding his own in sword combat with the Hand, solidifying his close quarters combat abilities.

I know it was only a mini but Hawkeye vs deadpool was great

>le ebin ninja man :^))))))

Nah, he was shit.

West Coast Avengers
All the times in on the Avengers proper

It was quite awesome. I can give Bendis the kudos for actually writing and actual fact write: he can manage pretty dam well in other combat styles: he just usually choses bows and arrows.

A pity he didn't show him as a practical tactical fast thinker, which he is, too. He can deal with Zemo alright.

I like edgy Clint.

Nowadays all we get is loser Clint. And since we wont get old Clint back I might as well settle for edgy Clint.

He was cooler when he became Ronin.

>that issue when he tries to kill Osborne

My nigga tried his best

When was the last time he wore a real costume?

It may be in the loser end, but I liked him in this run of Secret Avengers. Well, I must admit it was... weird to read. Like a Z movie, or something. But it was fun as far as I remember. And it wasn't a ton of time ago.

He was pretty good in Remender's Secret Avengers.

I liked that Clint too. I have no issue with him being lighthearted and capable but not like Lemire tier

How can you think he was cooler as Ronin?
They didn't tell the readers he was Ronin until right before he got replaced as the secret Ronin identity.

Lemire's was awful, I agree. He didn't get the character right, neither the dynamic with Kate. I don't like Kate,

I mean, I don't like her, but at least she can be fun when the writers knows how to make her work with other characters. In other case, she's either bland or spoiler, or insufferable mary sue, which was the case with Lemire.

He was Ronin from the end of Civil War to Siege. You knew he was Ronin by the second or third issue of New Avengers post Civil War.

"Outed secret identity" Hawkeye is an improvement but I miss the classic costume so very very much!
He, Cap, Magneto, Wanda, and Spidey all nailed it on the first try.

>writer, spoiled...
Ok, I'm out, apparently I cannot write proper English now. Time to sleep.

None of you mentioned Blindspot

Im indifferent. I liked her Kate issue in Fraction. She was cute. But shes boring.

Been a long time, only read it once. Poor Hawkeye has managed to be both blind and deaf.

Pretty sure Ronin was around for a while before Civil war.

Echo>Clint>The russian guy. Widows ex husband.

He needs more purple now, and a bit of pink, to be quite honest. I'm not against "normal" clothing, but he really needs a fancy look. And God, the shades they give to him (that started in ) are usually awful.

Right, I forgot that. I liked it, but merely because I liked the last issue a lot.

Yes, but it was Echo then, not Hawkeye. Originally it was supposed to be Daredevil but someone spoiled it so Bendis changed some pages in the early issues at the last minute and made it Echo instead. Then after Civil War Echo gave Clint the mantle because Clint didn't want to be Hawkeye again.

>clothing

It's the little things about the costume that bug me the most, that long glove on his arm in the classic costume, that's a real thing IRL archers wear to protect their arms from the bowstring cutting them up.
Combat boots and a logo T, okay whatev', but the accessories all becoming tactical black when for decades he's been the purple arrow guy with purple everything bow related?
I'm amazed they remember to make the "cool" sunglasses purple.
And why the hell is he wearing those? Good eyesight was his one superhuman trait! Why hinder that?

I still have no idea who that gal is beyond her Avengers appearances.
I've even pre-ordered the next Daredevil Annual just to make sure I finally figure her out in Daredevil context.

She's a recurring character in Daredevil stories. She was his girl for awhile, also a villain, iirc. You want to know something fun? He's dead, too. Like Clint, which was not at the time. She has superhuman memory, iirc.

Damn, it's been a while since I read something DD related.

>He
She, she. Damn it. I was going to sleep. I have a problem here.

When he started running with the thunderbolts

I think this is the last time we saw Barton in full costume

No, that can't be right. It had to be Widowmaker, I think.

McCann is a great Hawkeye writer. I know he's gay, but he doesn't let it leak into the stories. Fraction took his work and took a steaming shit on it. And Lemire isn't helping.

Fucking hate Fraction's crap. I don't buy superhero comics to read about them sitting in their apartment and taking shits. Same goes for Bendis' Jessica Jones, Avengers talking in the kitchen, and X-Men talking about sexuality. I'm not asking for Remender level gratuitous violence, but action you expect in a superhero comic.

Go read DC.
I'm actually having difficulty thinking of a DC hero that doesn't solve all their problems with punching.
(Giant green fists and boxing-glove arrows count)

Nice condescension. That's not what I meant. Just saying a character in regular clothes doing nothing is boring. Unfortunately people fell for that meme which led to Marvel making their comics more like Tumblr webcomics. Hell, people bought a comic with no words just because it had pictures of Hawkeye's dog.

Condescension or no, DC already meets those expectations for comics that have been requested.
What is condescending about acknowledging that? Espescially when an user thinks those are superior traits in a comic?

Is this Spencer's or Kot's? Spencer did a nice mix of classic and Fraction!Clint, more or less characterizing him as being satisfied to be the underachiever of the group because he didn't like the team mission and using that as a facade for still being capable, moral classic Clint beneath that. Kot was Fraction through and through with the whole "smart playing dumb" thing.

>not a single classic story
>no Busiek Avengers

Kot, hence why I said the thing about more towards the loser. He wasn't very much a loser when tge whole mess went middly serious, but it certainly played the faking dumb, messing stuff card.

I liked the other one too. But this was a guilty pleasure to my surprise.

I want to decobd this post. I think I always liked how he writes Clint and his interactions.

The Question?

McCann is a cool faggot, I enjoyed his Hawkeye stories and that one Songbird short

>no McCann Songbird mini/ongoing

Ronin was some other character until issue 30 or so, I think.

WhY did Jim McCann quit comics?

Official post-resurrection Hawkeye writers rating:

McCann
POWER GAP
Van Meter
Spencer
POWER GAP
Fraction
Kot
Lemire
POWER GAP
Bendis