Tyler The Creator calls out lack of black cartoon characters

>During a recent Q&A session at San Diego Comic-Con, Tyler was asked about his decision to make the animated series The Jellies' lead character—Cornell Jelly—black after having been white in the show's inaugural season on the GOLF app. "How many fucking black cartoon characters is it on TV right now?" Tyler, who co-created Jellies with Lionel Boyce, said. "Name five. I'll give you time."

>After the SDCC attendee failed to name any, Tyler continued. "It is none, it is none," he said. "They canceled Static Shock. Nobody remembers Fillmore, like, we don't got shit. The only other black character is this fucking weird ass...oh no, they killed Chef off fucking South Park. So we don't have shit. So I said fuck that. We about to make this nigga black. He ain't got no guns. He ain't shoot no fucking basketball. He's a fucking goober. And we gonna put him on TV and he's the lead character. He ain't the comic relief, he ain't the sidekick. He's the lead nigga."

He's got a point, y'know.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s57_NhinFeY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Jellies preview

youtube.com/watch?v=s57_NhinFeY

Why are blacks incapable of expressing a thought without some sort of victimhood mentality?

You just posted this because it's easy bait, you couldn't give a fuck about Tyler or what he's talking about.

black cartoon characters just look weird

Then go post it on Sup Forums you trendy Sup Forumsumale

what did they mean by this

try underage faggot

>Nobody remembers Fillmore
I do. That was a good show.

>Name five. I'll give you time

The whole cast of the cleveland show

>name 5
>Dr Hibbert
>Hermes Conrad
>Token
>Cleveland (who also had a show featuring majority black people)
>Foxxy Love
That was easy mode too cuz I didn't even bring up the Boondocks

GAY NIGGA

Tyler must've forgotten about minstrel shows

>white people make cartoons of us!
>how the fuck are white people going to make cartoons of black people reee!

Make your own fucking cartoons nigger.

>be tyler
>create something that looks like he belongs on newgrounds in 2006

all its missing is a linken park song and a joke at george bush's expense

wow that looks like dogshit.

holy shit that's painfully unfunny

adult swim should bring back world peace

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha how is racial inequality even real? Like nigga just write your own characters lol nigga make an original cartoon

Name three that aren't retarded sidecick comic reliefs

Was the Boondocks not enough? That's the blackest show ever and it's also fantastic. Honestly one of my favorite shows.

What about Boondocks?

you posted this because it's an easy shitpost, you couldn't possibly know OP or his intentions when posting this thread,

>name 5 black characters
Hey Arnold's best friend
Timmy Turner's best friend
Lincoln Loud House's best friend
Milo Murphy's best friend
Doug's best friend

I LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT
I LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT

On TV right now retard

>be black
>be small minority in US
>expect to be half/most of TV shows and movies

Or

>realistic expectations

There is only one logical choice

because they're victims?

>cry how black people should make their own things instead of moving onto white properties
>cry when they actually do it

wow this is really unfunny

WHAT
DOTH
LIFE

Can Sup Forums name 5 black characters from major animated series? All i can remember is Gerald, Arnold's friend

More "celebrity" garbage running their mouths instead of helping solve the "problem". Use your money and influence to find talented niggers to make nigger cartoons at a nigger only cartoon studio that smells like coconuts all the time and is stocked full of pepsi... Oh wait it's already been done before and the problem is niggers aren't talented and can't create on their own on a consistent basis so they just bitch when convenient instead of doing something constructive.

The joke is a black guy strangling a white guy while he complains about a lack of black representation....did Sup Forums write this?

why did they pick such an unfunny segment

3 of them still air

this.

make a cartoon then, "creator"

Token can't be an example because his whole joke is that he's just a token black person

>they killed Chef off fucking South Park.
After being a hypocrite?

Boondocks ended. Chef died. Static shock cancelled. Filmore is over. You can't name 5 black cartoon characters in a show that's running right now let alone 3 black leads for a cartoon show right now.

LOL THIS NIGGER IS GARBAGE

He also likes to suck cock and get fucked i the ass since HE IS A FAGGOT NIGGER.

there are no funny segments

alas tyler was born too late for the newgrounds internet era, he would have loved it i bet

i know i did

Literally what he's doing...

And to add. People are saying make your own show. Well he just did. And people are now upset. Do you see the irony

If white people made a cartoon mainly with black people, wouldn't they be called racist because they aren't depicting them correctly due to not being black themselves ?

wow he made some fucking unfunny edgy cartoon for adults no one will watch

>cry when they actually do it

Things that never happened

Did you know that blacks palms are white? not in cartoons though

>How many fucking black cartoon characters is it on TV right now?
Was the original question, which that guy answered
>N-No, that doesn't count!

>this nigger is going to start being spammed all over adult swim again
I was so relieved with Loiter Squad got canceled, fuck this

He's being mocked because he didn't make an original cartoon, he took an old one and race bended the main character. Notice how boondocks was brought up several times in this thread and not a single person had something bad to say Bout it? That's cause boondocks is an original cartoon with all black characters made by black guys and it's genuinely hilarious

Then go fucking make one.

jesus christ that's horrible.

I'll fix that for you:
>cry when they make an awful tv show

Black Dynamite is good

There is no irony you fucking idiot. The problem is that just because some snowflake faggot nigger decides that he feels there should be more nigger cartoons doesn't mean that it should become reality because he thinks so. If there was a market for nigger cartoons they would be made. Now the result of this is the faggot nigger made a cartoon but it's complete and total trash in every way that shouldn't exist but only does due to the victim hood-pander-to-my-opinion bullshit that has become an epidemic and has tainted everything for the sake of virtue signaling.

>that run

Tyler talks a lot of shit, he's just fucking around, he doesn't actually care about any of that, or at least up until now because I know he was never the type of guy who cared about racism or SJW or anything like that

Name three cartoons on right now that aren't retarded comedy in general. Also, I'm looking at a black character on cartoon network right now. (Cyborg). Then there's that lil nigga on Loud House with the gay dads. Disney has that show with the little black doctor girl. I only know these shows because of my kid btw because I'm not a manchild who actually watched cartoons for myself.

"on TV right now"

Hermes and Foxxy Love are from shows that ended, Boondocks ended as well.