Comedian Fined $42,000 by Canadian Human Rights Tribunal for Telling a Joke

>Canadian comedian Mike Ward was fined a whopping $42,000 by Quebec’s Human Rights Tribunal for jokes he made about a disabled boy.

>The child, Jérémy Gabriel, who suffers from Treacher Collins Syndrome, is a bit of a national celebrity in Canada after he sung for the pope in 2006 essentially because everyone thought he did not have long to live.

>Ward’s joke was a rant about how the child was supposed to die, that he “stole a wish” and is unkillable.

heatst.com/culture-wars/comedian-fined-42000-for-telling-a-joke/

He should have apologised

This. The joke is in very poor taste but fining him for it? Besides aren't such stupid jokes career killing for so called comedians anyway?

he should be jailed for bigotry

42k Canadian bucks? That's like 30 American Cents, right?

>treats disabled person like a regular human being by making a joke about them
>wasn't even an offensive joke
>Libshits therefore don't think of disabled people as equals
The world has gone mad

The real joke is Heat Street

>$42,500

His life's savings are gone and his career is over. He's now officially Sup Forums material

what the actaul fuck?? WHO IS THE JUDGE ON THIS SHIT.

Obviously Canada doesn't think that disabled people are people and should be treated differently.

What the fuck

How can he make joke? How can he make?

bump

underrated

>a joke is intended to be funny
>a rant about how a child was
>supposed to die is not funny
>not a joke
an attack on a defenseless child
is not a "joke", you retards

Dude Weed.

Way to virtue signal faggot. Now you're sure to get that pierced feminist to like you.

What!? Does Canada not have free speach? Were we the only country to get that bright idea?

>say something offensive
>infringing upon their rights t all
>worthy of $42,000 suit

So what you're saying is...

the life of a disabled person is only worth $42,000CAD?

The disease just makes you look a bit weird

lol this fucking country i swear, im at a point where all i can do is just laugh the pain away

It's true tho, I'm sure every human is under the implication that if a child is doing "Make a wish foundation" that the child is going to die soon.

>His joke was never televised, but after he talked about the bit in an interview, Gabriel’s parents found out and dragged the comedian to the human rights tribunal last month. He fought the fine, but lost in court.

Way to sound like some shit hole commie nation, Canada

Any excuse for a liberal government to take your money is a good one to them.

You don't understand. The PC culture loves making an example out of some poor sucker, because their ultimate goal is to scare dissenters into self-censorship.

>>Ward’s joke was a rant about how the child was supposed to die, that he “stole a wish” and is unkillable.
>he "stole a wish"

I kekked a little to be quiet honest.

your gunna get so much pussy dude

talk about buzzkill, jesus.

America, please free us next.

>42000
HOLY SHIT WHAT THE..
>canadian dollars
Oh never mind, he'll be fine.

So where does this put Canada now, above Sweden yet?

Disabled guy here

He is free to tell shitty jokes, because I am not a walking disability: I am a person

It has been 20 years, since I was THREE HOURS OLD; I have my eyes surgered 25 times

I am not a disability, so I would not be offended

yes, it was harsh, though

I heard he fired this Sikh because he actually wanted to defend the country & that's just not 2016

No. We need somewhere to send our leftists when they get butthurt over losing elections.

10/10

PUT THE GUN DOWN GAMGAM! IT WAS JUST A JOKE!

We should invade Canada to spread democracy.

underrated

>No. We need somewhere to send our leftists when they get butthurt over losing elections.
'Murica please, we can't handle any more people voting liberal...
or conservative.

>>Ward’s joke was a rant about how the child was supposed to die, that he “stole a wish” and is unkillable.

Haven't even heard the joke and I still laughed.
Fucking leafs.

At least your Pride Minister is faaaaabulous.

60000 RM would be worth either 399000 € or 430200 €, depending when that picture was made

>1 Reichsmark (1924–1936) = 6,65 Euro (2015)
>1 Reichsmark (1937/1938) = 7,17 Euro (2015)

so if we take the mean: 414600 € and convert to CAD: we got 600436 CAD (469969 USD)

just if someone was wondering

I can tell you're from tumblr just by the way you're greentexting, faggot.

They should have killed him for being a bigot

I mean come on its 2016 people

Hey fellow right wing kids!
It's just as hollow as the stupid gangsta (((Shapiro))) videos

No, unlike you cucks, we can make fun of people getting blown up and niggers getting lynched in the USA without getting jailed or fined. As long as you apologize or recognize that your joke was too much.