Only you Sup Forums, would regard love as a weakness

Only you Sup Forums, would regard love as a weakness.

Other urls found in this thread:

s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=20725
craveonline.com/site/668889-gargoyles-the-movie-is-coming-in-2017#/slide/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why haven't we got a live action Gargoyles movie yet?

Why do we need one?

Only Goliath could get cucked by his own clone.

Love is a false emotion made by chocolate and card companies as an excuse to sell stuff to gullible people.

Why not?

Shut the fuck up, Boco.

>Reddit and Memey

Yes sir...

Who hurt you?

Since you obviously don't care about the topic of this thread Boco would you like to hear a joke instead?

Archie Mega Man's hiatus

>le cool foul-mouthed rational old cynic

Having just watched the entire thing, there's too much plot to stick into a trilogy. Even if you get rid of side-stuff like the Avalon World Tour and just stick to the big story-lines that's going to take 4 or 5 movies to tell.

That show is Deepest Lore: The Series.

It is one of the few works of fiction to do time travel right, featuring not one but TWO fully self-contained bootstrap paradoxes.

Sniff...

I was surprised at how well the Phoenix Gate story-lines worked, all things considered.

Hell, I was surprised at how well all of it worked. Considering how far the show crawled up its own ass with the Oberon plotline in the back-half of S2 it should have collapsed in on itself but they manged to make all of it fit together.

Based Weisman user.

The guy is just smart.

> was

Ok Young Justice is overhyped, but I still have faith he'll bring us some more quality work in the future.

One of the best eps...Xanatos almost got raped.

Just imagine how things would have been if Weisman got to do his Timedancer spinoff...

HEROES GOTICOS

I'm actually glad that none of the backdoor pilots from the Avalon world tour arc got off the ground. I understand that they had to pad their episode count but they all kinda sucked.

With a little room to expand on things and flesh them out, it would have been better.

Most of them suckered but I would love to see Timedancer and Bad Guys.

*Sucked

Gargoyles Quantum Leap sounds breddy gud.

>not wanting to watch a show about Dingo the shitposter and his nano-machine armor suit going around Australia fighting crime

Jokes aside I get where you're coming from, outside of Timedancer the rest of them seem kind of stale.

I can't imagine a single person being interested in more of the New Olympians.

I gotta post my Gargoyles secret sauce!

I cannot see Dingo, as he is, being interesting. The really only interesting-as-is thing is the London Clan. I'm not just saying that cuz I want to slay the hell outta Una and Coco (big factor, though...). It would just be a nice change of scenery to have a series in the same world that focuses on another group far away.

I would at least liked to see more of the Illuminati big bad or at least explained what was going on between them.

Yeah, it kinda felt like Disney was all "Check it out: WE'VE got the Illuminati, too...that's all. We're not going anywhere with this."

So there's new interest in the franchise and a revival of the proper series is actually possible.

Fuck, I'd settle with another Gargoyles comic book.

I actually loathed everything about the international gargoyles. Yes, I get it, human mythology is full of gargoyles and fae. Local gods? Fae. Heraldic beasts? Gargoyles. It is both unnecessary and counterproductive to make every single fucking thing in mythology a gargoyle or a fairy, and that includes the British fucking gargoyles being the heraldic lion and unicorn of the British fucking crown.

There are no griffons but there's a gargoyle that looks like one, which is clearly the source of all griffons in medieval literature.

Feathered serpents figure prominently into your mythology? Quetzalcoatl was a gargoyle all along!

Oh, your tribe used to worship animal spirits? Guess they were just gargoyles that looked like animals! Unless they were actually fairies pretending to be gargoyles that looked like animals because now you've boxed yourself into a narrative dead end where every fucking fantastic thing in the world is a gargoyle or a fairy.

Bad Guys was pretty good from the mini that came out. I was surprised at how dark it got at times.

Babby's first Suicide Squad.

Real love is a strength that allows you to overcome many things.

Fake love is what the world tries to sell you on.

Literally the only thing they have in common is being a villain-led team.

Which is just the Dirty Dozen for supervillains.

>Owen would have sex with Xanatos is he asked, but it would never happen because Xanatos would find Owen too boring

I feel like Puck would be into some pretty kinky stuff, honestly.

>Tom and Princess Katherine fucked like rabbits on Avalon

Tom had it pretty good. A MILF girlfriend, knight training and living with a bunch of Gargoyles on his own little paradise island.

The Illuminati story-line was the one hit hardest with the spinoff stick.

Greg REALLY wants to do a villain protagonist project.

s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=20725

I was fine with the Gargoyle part, but the Third Race fell apart in it's execution(they really shouldn't have had any of the gods seen during the World Tour arc be members of the Third Race)

>pad their episode count
on the contrary. disney fucked with them.
at the beginning of season 2's production they were like "nice job. give us 65 episodes for season 2, we'll air it this year"
the team was like "uh, shit, that's impossible in that time frame"
disney said "well if you can't give us 65, all you get is 13. fuck you"
the team agreed and started working on the next season
then disney came back and said "no. give us 65. that's an order"
so they scrambled like fucking crazy to make as much as they could, roping in a bunch of other studios, wrote a ton of plots, but.. this is all they could manage
so no, they weren't padding the episode number out, they actually wanted to make more. they got cut off by the realities of getting that much done in that short a time. The avalon tour felt long not because it actually was, but because the non-avalon-tour parts of the season didn't have time to exist, and because it had a big-ass hiatus in the middle when there simply weren't any more finished episodes to air

It's not 90's enough

i agree with, but disagree with, but agree with, but disagree with this post
for the record, weisman has said not all the monsters were inspired by gargoyles, it was somehow the other way around. he admits he doesn't know shit about how evolution works, despite being a devoted adherent to it

Would be butchered beyond belief. Too much stuff to fit in and there's some elements they would probably want to change. Like adding in a Demona/Goliath/Elisa love triangle or something.

Is this real?
And yet he won't say if Gargoyles poop.

the stone that shoots off their bodies when they wake up is their poop

Would you do it Sup Forums?

Brodway best garg

No
Goliath is the best Gargoyle though

That isn't Hudson or Brooklyn.

>muh conspiracy posts
i bet you think 9/11 was an inside job too.

Love is no weakness.

Love is love.

It is harbl.

And harbl is the strongest thing there is.

...this classic meme reference doin' anything for you?

It's a little too dsfar for my geg, if I'm bring honest.

>Sandman, Black Cat, and Prowler
>Silver Sable likely too

Fuck, I'd watch that.

Shit. V-TEC hasn't kicked in yet, I guess.

He wanted nothing to do with Demons by that time, if anything Demons was because he wanted a clone hybrid side bitch

Who's the worst gargoyle and why is it lexington

Griff.

>not loving little green ball of condensed fury and malice
>not wanting to protect his smile

shiggydiggy

seems like if you had a clone, one of you getting cucked by the other would be inevitable

Well, there's always two of you just a-hangin' around.

Most people who watched it would love to see it return

That's the problem. Disney isn't interested in selling it to the people who watched it. I only found it on youtube a few years ago when I was already (just) outside of their audience range. Most people who watched it aren't the demographics they're after. Disney has no desire to advertise it to younger kids even though I think it would still do well and maybe find an audience on one of their male centered channels like Disney XD.

No demand. Its fandom is nowhere and never was near TMNT levels.

I always hold out hope that Disney might want to compete with the 90s revival YA genre that all the studios are doing and try a Gargoyles movie. Could work well in that genre, with a little tinkering and aesthetic updating for live action. Elisa would probably have take center stage, though she already was, next to Goliath, probably the most important character on the show.

I always hold out hope that Disney might want to compete with the 90s revival YA genre that all the studios are doing and try a Gargoyles movie. Could work well in that genre, with a little tinkering and aesthetic updating for live action. Elisa would probably have to take center stage because of CGI costs and relatability that studios crave, though she already was, next to Goliath, probably the most important character on the show. Unlike other franchises that have a lot of focus on the humans, she was incredibly important to the main plot and it wouldn't feel shoe horned.

Yeah but it would probably look like shit, because to appeal to teenagers it would need to go full edge with the designs.
Assumption is that teenagers aren't going to buy a purple friendly gargoyle with Lorenzo Lamas hair.

See: Elliot and the Dragon.

So then why do you get neither chocolates nor cards from anyone? Who hurt you m8

Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another

Love is only an emotion that exists for humans, tripfag.

There probably would be redesigns but if they're done right it's not a huge problem. Goliath could still be a darker purple color and have a long mane of hair.

I was born when this show was released so I didn't grow up watching it. I only discovered it when i was like thirteen or fourteen from the nostalgia critic,
Is it the same with anyone else, are there any fans under 21?

If there are, they're not gonna out themselves here. Pretty sure underage b& is still a thing.

I'm in almost the same situation as you, user. Didn't grow up watching the show but found it as a teenager. I'm probably younger than most fans around but I'm way out of the age range the show was aimed at.

>I feel like Puck would be into some pretty kinky stuff, honestly

irrelevant since Xanatos already made the deal. He's be the submissive one but not really able to do anything

Hey! I'm human!

Mostly...

Yeah Weisman said he was pansexual in his Puck form but asexual in his Owen form. He's pretty much stuck as Owen all the time now so the only time he'll ever get any action is if Xanatos tells him to and according to Xanatos doesn't want those services

Have you seen Ninja turtle by Bay? Do you want it to be like that?

Don't you even joke about that shit.

Yes and?

What is love?

Love is a mass of incandescent gas.

craveonline.com/site/668889-gargoyles-the-movie-is-coming-in-2017#/slide/1
because it's in production.

Baby don't hurt me.

Something that is different for everyone and no one

That's what sucks about humans and how we are both raised and how we interact with each other to perceive love

In terms of most things in the world there is a play book. You want lots of things? A car? A home? You need money. How do you get money? Work, theft or begging. The first is usually the smartest so then you start breaking down what you are willing to do and not do and you frame your future of money earnings and then get your rewards if you are smart, but no matter what most things are bought with money and there is a system of getting it.

But childhood friends? Friends that last? To get that one that will always have your back? That one that be there when the world gets just a little to hard? To find a lover that will always love you? Kiss you randomly to show you affection? Giggles and when you ask why they just tell you they are so happy being with you? A person to even just give you a dating chance?
There is no rule book, no order of operation, what works for one won't work for a hundred others and what works for a hundred may never work for you. So it becomes this hellish game of trail and error, except that with each error it attacks your self esteem, your self worth, hell it makes you hurt and you can't even answer why but your brain demands an answer because everything else in the world has a reason, an order to it.
That's why the topic of friendship, relationships, sex and love, as well as how to obtain them, is always a loaded gun in western society.

That a good enough answer user?

I can't really say it's a good or a bad answer. I posted the question just to get a glimpse of people's personal definition of it. So far we've had your definition of love as something that's different for each individual, Boco being a retard with a song, and someone that likens love to the sun.

Love is like the sun.

It BURNS US PRECIOUS

But Griff is a bro.

Kek'd. Well played.

Instinct demanding you to hang around someone and service them in various ways because you instinctively believe something good might come out of it be it recipotory services, mating or survival of your young. Romanticized because humans can't help but romanticize their irrational and barely rational urges.

Who would be ideal choices to cast everyone?

Love is miasma of incandescent plasma.

Salli Richardson as Elisa
Keith David voicing the cgi Goliath

Christ. Being Magus is suffering.

QUESTION: What director would Sup Forums like to see direct the modern Gargoyles movie? What would it look like if Stanly Kubrick was in charge?

Goliath - Patrick Stewart
Brooklyn - John DeLanci
Broadway - Diana Muldaur
Lexington - Wil Wheaton
Hudson - Whoopi Goldberg
Angela - Denise Crosby
Demona - Marina Sirtis
Xanatos - Jonathan Frakes
Detective Elisa - Gates McFadden
Coldstone - Micheal Dorn
Puck - Brent Spiner
Anansi - LeVar Burton

i don't think it would be very good if he directed

Damn you for getting my hopes up. Looks like this was an April Fools prank.

Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds.

>implying love ISN'T a weakness

LMAO, literally every drive influenced by an external source is a weakness