The Cal Arts style looks like it's drawn by suburban kids who had a normal easy life and don't have anything to say...

>The Cal Arts style looks like it's drawn by suburban kids who had a normal easy life and don't have anything to say about the world except that their Mom is pear shaped. You see the same stereotypical vacant characters in all their cartoons, whether 2d or 3d. When they get to write their own cartoons, they tend to have scenes where the Mowgli descendants marry their normal bland suburban pear-shaped Moms. (Treasure Planet, Iron Giant).

Was he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2010/01/cal-arts-style.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Instead of a bait thread can we post pear shaped Sup Forums moms?

Johk K. was a mistake.

I've grown tired of the "CalArts" style too but the problem lies mostly on the studios that push for styles that are popular and cheap to produce.

The only place where the "CalArts" style is really an issue is among the fanartists who've abandoned their own individual styles in favor of something that was literally made to save money.

Fuck off faggot.

g2bed/ John

I'm down with that.

Oof

This board is getting more predictable and repetitious than usual and it's fucking annoying.

this
mods, please just start deleting these threads on site, they are nothing but cancer, anybody who tries to argue against this is either trolling or is a fucking idiot

Ironic... I've seen this image a million times.

Its still true and if you want to see it less then these sort of threads should start getting deleted en masse.

How many other "we have this thread every day" images are there?

Besides, just because you see it a lot doesn't mean it isn't true.

If you dont like the thread why not post the obvious counter point and shut it down, or just give your opinion in general.

There is no counter.

Cal-Arts, whether ripping off Don Bluth or Pen Ward, is absolute cancer.

Agreed. These threads are fucking cancer and should be pruned on sight.

I don't understand how creator of Ren and Stimpy can criticize anyone for not having anything to say about the world.

John K is Michael Bay of cartoons. He's all style neglecting any kind of substance and think hyperactive animation is what animation is about.

Except Michael Bay has awesome robot fights and John K has vomit inducing visuals that nobody should have to look at.

>When they get to write their own cartoons, they tend to have scenes where the Mowgli descendants marry their normal bland suburban pear-shaped Moms. (Treasure Planet, Iron Giant).
wat

>Besides, just because you see it a lot doesn't mean it isn't true.
oh the irony

PLEASE WE NEED MORE BAIT THREADS COMPLAINING ABOUT CALARTS AND TUMBLR

Executives are cheap as shit lately (even more so) it's makes sense they try to produce these.

Aso it's not the animation that makes the cartoon Adult Party Cartoons is a good example

Nice try.

And i unironically enjoyed Pain and Gain

When they get to write their own cartoons, they tend to have scenes where the Mowgli descendants marry their normal bland suburban pear-shaped Moms. (Treasure Planet, Iron Giant).

so blacked isnt a meme??

Whatever you say, OP.

What does Adventure Time have anything to do with pear shaped moms?

>le ren & stimpy was only silly faces and fart jokes meme

Bona-fide plebeian.

Steven Universe is the best animated CalArts show. Fight me.

Okay so don't blast my butt, but what show is about the mad scientist and time travel? I can't remember anything like that and it sounds right up my alley.

Rick and Morty?

Back to the Future

It doesn't, the "Cal-Arts style" John K used to bitch about on his blog is completely different than the one Sup Forums bitches about, he was talking about stuff that looked like Don Bluth.

Oh.. I guess that makes sense sure, but I was thinking it was something else. I mean, I like that show, but I was expecting it to be on par with the other examples posted.

To clarify:
johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2010/01/cal-arts-style.html

He realizes that almost none of the people he's complaining about went to Cal Arts? And people he respects like Gennedy went there?