>Avengers: Age of Ultron

What went wrong Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GeDJAKvcZ9o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought Ironman had an afro in your pic

lol

that scene was so bad. even worse than le epic 'battle of new york'

shit makes me cringe. also, ever since the release of that movie I havent walked into a theater. i've hated movies ever since.

Joss

Movie wasn't that great but the nightmare sequences were kino

Escalation ramped up too quickly, Ultron didn't have clear motivations and was way too quippy to feel like a cold robotic threat.

The shine of having all these iconic characters come together in one mega movie had worn with the first Avengers leaving only Joss's dull ass direction, quippy dialog and a story designed by 12 different people.

Whedon.

Why did Ultron have a different personality to Vision?

Horde of enemies that many heroes have to fight.

No one cares.

It's a less effective retread of the first movie. Think Ghosterbusters and Ghostbusters II. Felt disjointed and like there is a lot of content missing. Plus it was advertised as a serious movie and ended up as little more than a quip fest.

there was no sense of danger from ultron. unless you're a small city in small ex communist shithole.

>Age of Ultron

More like Weekend at Ultron.
Laughable cgi, pointless farmhouse hour, mcguffin plots, the main villain trying to out quip the entire avengers every scene.

the 'last stand' fight in ultron was an actual clusterfuck, transformers tier visible noise of close-ups you could hardly tell what was happening, a complete mess.

and it's the beginning of the whole LE FORCED QUIPS marvel meme, literally everyone had to have a funny line even if it was out of place and out of character.

it's a bit of a shame, there are parts of it that are good, it probably would have benefited from some different choices in editing, or a directors cut.

Quicksilver was handled poorly. Hulk and Widow don't need a forced romance. Ruffalo is a stale actor with little screen presence. Not enough War Machine. Much like how Whedon didn't know what to do with Cap in the first film, Thor suffers in this one for the same reasons. It was good at everything else more or less. It had more spectacle than the first film and the farm scene wasn't a bad addition at all.

Ultron's motivations were fine. He's always been a character known for upgrading himself. In this iteration, his motivation was to save humanity by forcibly "upgrading" it, using a cataclysmic event to force humanity into an extreme state of natural selection.

The movie had a lot of problems. Notably are the ways it jumps around so much between locations, and tons of misplaced quips. More importantly, the threat level felt incredibly weak for a movie that was initially advertised as breaking the Avengers. Ultron never really felt in control of the situation and the twins did all the work in beating the Avengers. The moment they defected, Ultron was put on the defensive for the rest of the movie, which made him feel weak. His drones basically amounted to cardboard set props set up for the Avengers to push over while they did other things. On top of that, Ultron Alpha wasn't given much focus in the final fight and the combination made the climax really boring. It wouldn't have fixed everything, but they should have focused more on stuff like Thor and Ultron's fight, as it would've helped establish a more impressive powerlevel for him.

And to top it off there were all the plotpoints that never really went anywhere, like Widow and Bruce's relationship and Thor's journey. And of course they really glossed over the consequences of the things Tony and Bruce did and ended on a bit too happy of a note.

Unfortunate because I think there was a lot of potential. There were tons of great scenes and Ultron could have stood as one of the best mcu villains has the script not been so garbage. Instead he's remembered as one of the worst.

Ex commie shitholes have less diversity than the Us or Western EU. Where's the true shithole ?

>or a directors cut.

Would have been worse.

there are fags on here that meme endlessly the BvS directors cut isn't shit honest guys plz buy it, why shouldn't marvelfags get that privilege?

>turned a really threatening antagonist into a quipbot
>CGI somehow worse than first Avengers movie
>fights were just a clusterfuck

Because Joss is a horrible editor. You won't get explanations because he doesn't care about that shit or continuity.

it was a piece of fucking shit.

Nah. It might've still sucked, but it would've been a cohesive vision instead of a narrative at odds with itself as Feige and Whedon fought for control. It's the same thing that's going to happen to Justice League, except that will be Whedon doing to Snyder what Feige did to him.

Too many things crammed in

youtube.com/watch?v=GeDJAKvcZ9o

>There were tons of great scenes and Ultron could have stood as one of the best mcu villains has the script not been so garbage. Instead he's remembered as one of the worst.

I couldn't agree more. The party crash scene. The church scene where he meets the twins. The scene where he's talking to a captured Black Widow. Thats the Ultron I wish was in the whole movie. He looked so fucking evil in the "no strings" trailer then I watch the movie and he's Quipbot 5000?

there's so much going on.

Completely ignored Cap char development in Winter soldier

same

It's made by idiots.

Joss Whedon is a fucking cocksucker