Covenant

why you guys freaking out over this? literally a copycat Prometheus movie, it's decent,
not bad like most people say, and that tiwst in the end...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1501801851375.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>not bad like most people say
Bro just turn off your brain LOL

Literally just finished watching this.

What was the purpose of the two security guards being gays? It had no bearing on the plot, or either of their characters.

Also, how did David get a second alium on the ship?

Overall it was okay. Mike carried the movie once again. The score was pretty good too.

actually, watching a movie in neutral mode

you have to be mentally ill to watch a movie with brain "turn off or turn on" mode

you aren't watching a masterpiece, it's a blockbuster flick, what did you expect?

it was a okay movie.

but people have high expectations sometimes

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA

it was hot shit

as a follow up to prometeus, it's pretty awesome.

as a second movie in the alien prequel trilogy as well.

ppl should not forget that the purpose of alien covenant (more than promtheus) is to be a PREQUEL STORY to the alien universe.

I dont know what ppl expect. there are quite a frew retards who - whith every movie - expect an "Aliens 2" typ of movie. well, of course you will be disappointed. but that is not the purpose of prometheus/alien covenant.

and god damnit, you fucks, stop complaining about minor things (e.g. stop whining about some bad acting of some side characters here and there) and start seeing the bigger picture.

(btw. david/fassbenders acting is AMAZING)

Anons love capeshit and men in tights but they're suddenly too high brow for Alien Covenant.

Faggots

>What was the purpose of the two security guards being gays? It had no bearing on the plot, or either of their characters.
the funny thing is that they were a fucking colonization crew.

Watched it last night with no great expectations.

Found it better than expected, and an improvement on garbage Prometheus.

First 30 mins was quite 'meh'. Middle hour was good and at times had me thinking "this might actually step up to awesome" but then final 30 mins was fucking boring 'action' and blatant contrived twists.

Casting was very weak apart from Fassbender. Most were forgettable but Danny McBride was absolute shit. Also the usual over the top "stronk indpendynt womyn" bullshit was forced throughout.

3/5 movie at most.

But cut (pretty much entirely) the last 30 mins, and cast the movie with good actors and actresses and it could have been a great film.

They were gays in this movie?

>David has a fascination with destruction and creation
>wishes to make the perfect 'organism'
>Makes an organism that's sole purpose is to destroy (although if you technically count the egg/facehugger, it 'creates')
>This can only go on for so long before every organism is infected and killed by aliens
>He seemingly wants to destroy humans and Engineers despite his huge affinity for art and philosophy of the former
Are the writers not tracking any of this? What could possibly be David's endgame? Destruction of the very thing that provided all the material he holds dear?

Apparently. There's a single scene after the bearded merc guy gets alium'd, where Sergeant Lope holds him, crying, it's about 15 seconds long. There's nothing before, nor after this scene that has anything to do with them being fags though - so clearly shoehorned in for progressive points or something.

There was even BLACKED in the movie

The reason these new movies are garbage compared to the original ones is that the characters are dumb as rocks, none of their decisions makes sense and they all get beat by retarded things.

Remember that 2 characters literally died slipping on a pool of blood, yes, that's the level of action of that movie.

In the original Aliens you were afraid because even though the characters were doing everything they could to survive they still fucking died and THAT'S why Alien was terrifying.

>please look right into that egg, I promise you nothing bad will happen

What's fuckface's problem by the way? I don't remember his name as he's basically useless even though literally everything happens because of his stupidity. First of all let's backtrack a bit shall we, so you have a very fucking expensive mission to colonize a planet, it takes probably years to prepare all of it, find a suitable planet, make your crew, what kind of individuals should we put as crew on top of 2000 people? Yes: emotional, irrational idiots who are incapable of taking any logical decisions, I'm not even talking about Tennessee aka "my wife's down there let's put everyone at risk for a transmission", but fuckface here is the worst, first of all: WHY is THAT fucking guy in charge of the crew after the captain died? He's uncharismatic and takes idiotic decisions on the fly. There are so many plotholes in this garbage that could've been fixed with just a few writing sessions... We need a reason for the characters to go on this planet instead of jumping back into sleep? How about the spaceship was damaged beyond repair and couldn't make it to the origin destination? Instead of, you know, the crew being afraid of going back into sleep?

The main plot with David going all crazy-scientist-Godmode was great, everything around it is terrible. Scott should seriously leave his career alone.

Forgot the pic.

>what did you expect?
I expected trash, and i got even worse than that.
Scott has the potential to bowl me over, or at the very least create something that's visually breathtaking.
This was not even meh.

How the fuck do you spend a few years working on somthing and have it so fundamentally flawed?
How the fuck don't you accidentally resolve some of those plot holes over lunch?
How can you have the Alien franchise knocking around your head for almost 40 years and this be the best idea you had for the planet of the engineers?

"I want to show the engineers' planet"
"Oh cool. What will it be like?"
"They'll all be dead by the time we get there so it'll be a lot like the other planets."
"Oh. Have you got any fresh ideas?"
"Nah. Creepy androids and a light sprinkling of xenomorphs in a claustrophobic setting with space truckers."
"Yeah fuck you. The wrong brother threw himself off that bridge."

The sad thing is the story could have worked if they only presented it better with more non linear storytelling for example instead of presenting it as a Prometheus and Alien hybrid.

>still using androids after their continuous betrayal

Although this level of ignorance seems realistic for super companies.

Just finished watching this as well, it really wasn't nearly as bad as people let on. I didn't even really get the stronk independent women thing from the main character and I am usually the first to jump at something like that. I mean all the woman in the movie are just as incompetent as the men.

> trashes AVP for years
> makes something just as bad
is there a better example of JUST in the world of directors?

have you seen that interview with scott saying he's done commercials so he knows what is what? it sounded like he doesnt take anyone's suggestions cause he thinks he knows what's best
also he's gone senile

DUDE PHILOSOPHY LMAO

>literally a copycat Prometheus movie, it's decent
those two things contradict each other

No. I'm old enough to have seen his commercials broadcast, I think coming from that end of the industry gave him his edge, but I'll watch that interview if you've got a link.

that was great, pure slasher material

james franco best protagonist

if you didn't see the "twist" coming, wow bruh

The wrong Scott died

This flick was such a waste of his talent

Yea, only faggots would've noticed not surprised so many pointed it out on Sup Forums

>200 hours on paint later...

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1501801851375.webm

Never thought I'd say this but the suicide squad sounds less retarded than prometheus and ac's astronautical practices.

The twist at the end shouldn't have been a twist, they should have brought the audience along with David pretending to be Walter. They insulted everyone's intelligence because it was so obvious. This one change could have improved the movie drastically.

yeah but they got killed.
horror movie trope is to kill anyone who has sex, portraying sex as sin w/ the punishment being death

It's also pretty stupid that the previous model would beat the new one off camera after getting its ass kicked on it. It's like a human and a xeno walk into a room and then the human walks out.

Fantastic

>He didn't turn Shaw into the first Queen
dropped

is it even a twist? was so fucking obvious.

you could easily say the new model was designed to be more fragile to prevent it from killing humans.

You don't even need to go there. David did make a point to the other that he had no imagination. And he still got his ass kicked.