Unsounded

I for one don't ship them

what's with all the niggers?

Honestly surprised Toma isn't dead yet.

Looks like all the personal bullshit that Toma's been dealing with has finally come up to the surface.

I think Toma has had it with Cresce at this point. His superiors betrayed the country he swore to protect, his wife is an unfaithful cunt and only shame and humiliation awaits him back at court, and the ruler he serves is so inept that her subjects see fit to remove her from power because they think they can do a better job (and they're probably not wrong).

I think the only thing he can cling to is protecting the common people, and with the Peaceguard laying waste to an entire town I think his faith in the organization is pretty much history.

And now it has to be buried again

>I don't have a godsdamned home, Elka!
Cope probably does the best emotional moments out all of the webcomics I've ever read. Ranks high in general too.

This doesn't quite reach "Ain't no one ever calls me Sette the way ya call me Mikaila" levels yet, but we'll see.

Anyway, I can't believe it took me until this page to fully realize how much of what Toma has been doing recently might be driven by what was happening with his soon to be ex-wife. I suppose I got tricked by Toma being more together than a lot of the other characters, and overlooked that his heroism has been kind of insane from a more objective view point, despite how awesome it has been.

Damn, I just want them to team up with the other protags already and push in some schemers' shit.

I was hoping she might do a dump. I really want to find out what is happening with Duane.

We only got 15 pages left now, which is about 5 weeks at the most if we just do the normal schedule. It'll all get wrapped up soon enough and then we'll have our usual 1-2 month hiatus.

Augh, for some reason I'm having a hard time following all the pymary in this chapter.

what's with all the commies?

they dead.

why is toma such a badass

>his spirit: broken

I can't remember. Is the dog they're riding hers or just a random dog she grabbed?

Godsdamned always sounds so weird; the "s" just fucks up the flow of the word. I feel like a culture with multiple gods would have some other equivalent expletive.

If Elka dies we riot.

It's Toma's dog.

Elka won't die. She hasn't even gotten the chance to tap that fine captain ass yet.

If I had to choose I'd prefer to have Tomato live.

Not before some more suffering. She clearly hasn't had enough.

>Filename
Please Ashley, dont do this.

Let these niggers survive.

Would more people talk about this comic if Quigley were a girl?

The one thing Im noticing is a general lack of suitable Waifus.

Just wait until Anadyne comes back.

Nah, Sup Forums mostly agrees this is a pretty great webcomic so a lot of the piss and vinegar is taken out.

Nah, it's just too girly

There are however plenty of potential husbandos.

Anadyne's the fucking worst. Bring back Knock.

Except most of them are either dead or zombies. Which can be either a good thing or a bad thing depending on the person.

>Knock
>Not Dawn

>Anadyne's the fucking worst. Bring back Knock.
They're a package deal.

They feel more like brother/sister to me.

user up here points it out he's kind of been on a suicidal glory-binge.

Toma...

I'd like to have a hot sister that wants to fuck me

Yeah after posting that I remembered Elka was massively crushing on him.

It's pretty hard to believe that as much Toma has suffered, he hasn't even nearly suffered the most out of everyone in the story.

Are you saying Quigs can't be a dude and a Waifu at the same time?

god I hope the dog lives

who wouldn't

Don't give her any ideas.

Quigs is worst boy.

>Never going to see her canon hairy bush
There is no good reason for her to come back

Stay beautiful.

>waifus have to be girls

Wow, check your privilege. I'm going to marry Plod Wright.

But he's already married.

Surely Aldish marriages don't continue on after the death of one or both of the bride/groom.

That's actually an interesting thing to consider: Duane actually died. He then undied, but still actually dead. You could probably make the legal case that this ends the legal aspects of his marriage.

How many pages does Unsounded have now? I've been meaning to read all of it but everyt time I remember it seems too daunting to bother.

You can finish reading it in one afternoon at most. Don't be afraid of words.

>we're going home
>we're going home
death flag triggered.

Nah, we need them to be our perspective on Cresce. Sette, Duane, Quigley and Matty are on the run and filthy foreigners, and while Jivi is a good Crescian boy, he's too much of a wandering outcast to give us much of the good old Crescian viewpoint. Toma and Elka will probably escape and their story will largely separate off from the others again while they rush towards the capital. We're still not done with the first volume or whatever Cope called it (in which she said there are three such volumes in the series and we were half done some time ago with the first one), so it's probably too soon to shake up the cast relationships much more. Though we must be getting close to finishing the first third of the whole story now. Nevergreen Part 1 and 2 certainly feel like the climax to a story.

Let's not pretend Duane would ever want to marry again, or really even have another romantic relationship aside from his wife/former wife

>and the ruler he serves is so inept that her subjects see fit to remove her from power because they think they can do a better job (and they're probably not wrong).

I man not fan of the queen and the almost religious devotion the common people have for her sits wrong with me but we don't really know how good or bad of a leader is she.

Common people tend to rally towards monarchs, even when they tend to be not great at actual governance. the fact people point towards her divinity instead of her competence is a good clue as to how good a ruler she is.

Hmm good point.

We've mostly heard about her supposed incompetency from the military people engaing a coup against her. Hardly the most unbiased of sources. It's telling their critique seems to be she's too soft on the Aldish and wouldn't buy a weapon fueled by tortured people to use against them. And then they burn down an entire town and erase all its people when it doesn't seem like all of them were even in on the corruption in the police force and Stockyard's scheme.

I dunno, this level of treachery doesn't come out in a vacuum. All that requires a lot of people and a lot of 'missing' resources in on it for a bureaucracy as centralized as Cresce. At the very least her internal intelligence service is either severely compromised or straight incompetent.

They're not leveling the town because all the townspeople deserve it, they're leveling it to match the story of "yeah the silver exploded it sucks but now it's totally gone nothing to worry about"

Of course. I was just pointing out that that was the moral justification they were slinging around for what they were doing. Whatever the Queen's apparent defects, she's not the one erasing towns from the map in a more violent way than usual.

Not that I think the Queen is hot shit, just that the people engaging in the coup aren't really making a great argument on their own end.

Well, in any case he still considers himself a married man.

Probably not. At least not both of them. But Elka thinks that flag is waving

It's a bit hard to read at first because Sette is so annoying but that gets better.
This is one of my favourite comics

People would ship her and Duane.

More than they already do.

Not into chubs, but that guy know what's up.
Knock is just a better character overall.

Only Ashley ships them
In fact I suspect Ashley is the only shipper for most of the crack ships

People ship Duane and Quigley?
Zombie Duane? I can't even imagine how that would work

Quigley knowingly helped the red berry boys move a construct that feeds on the agony of children across the country. He can fuck off a cliff and take Swarm with him.

Matty can stay and help eiffel tower Sette.

>help eiffel tower Sette.

Cope actually drew something along those lines and implied she had a bunch more. She loves Duane in pain.

>sexualizing matty or sette
I hope you get the cancer.

Quigley was intending to get the kids involved as part of his payment I believe, but that didn't work out. I feel he's not necessarily bad, but just fucks up a lot.

>Quigley was intending to get the kids involved as part of his payment I believe

Really? I completely forgot about that.

At least I'm not talking about her feet

Yeah, I went to double check, and Starfish agrees to it a few pages later than this one. Every time I go looking at older pages, I always end up rereading a lot more than I mean to. I should sit down for a full reread sometime.

I've praised Ashley's dynamic page layouts in the past but comparing this simple spread to the more recent pages makes me miss some of this simplicity. Here we get clear shots of the characters and can actually tell what's going on where as many pages this chapter have been muddled and confusing.
I didn't really notice this until seeing this comparison.

I think I prefer something in the middle: recent pages are too cluttered and don't flow as well, to the point of confusion, but that pages is extremely basic in contrast.

I like that its somethinf she varries by hos hectic the moment is. The recent pages are confusing and chaotic because we're in a god damned war zone.

But not too long ago when it was just chillin in front of Ioris house, everything was just fine, and the page layout reflected this.

The worst it ever got was when tbey were fighting the silver and that was just a hellscape of pain and chaos.

To me when they layout becomes more muddled, it always feels like a choice, not a mistake.

Actually I don't think she's very good at action sequences. Besides this recent chapter there's been hectic scenes where the flow of events is difficult to follow. Back during the fight with the silver even she admitted the scenes were not clear at all.