Do people really wear helmets on their bikes in america?

Do people really wear helmets on their bikes in america?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qus2wiRUVBw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah that's why we live longer lives.

It's actually against the law not to wear one in many places, but it's not something that's really strictly enforced.

No we usually use them on our heads.

mfw I thought it'd be 13 reasons why

underagefag detected

not wearing a helmet stops being cool at about 17, faggot

yeah the guy looks pretty damn cool in the picture

No, we wear them on our heads, not on our bikes.

>caring about other people's perceptions of you

you're exposing yourself as a high school. don't make me hit that report button

nothing personnel, kid

And euro/asia fags wonder why they make the best rekt videos and...WHERE THE FUCK AR YEA HEMETS?

how many have died from riding a bike lol

I ride my bike like 5 times a week and I shall never wear a helmet

helmets are for fatties, unfits, olds and spastics who can't rely on superior skill and reflexes to stop them getting injured

I fell off my bike as a kid and cracked my head on the corner of the sidewalk and if I wasnt wearing a helmet I really think I'd be a complete retard rn. It's cool2b safe

I can't imagine a scenario where i would fall off a bike

>live longer lives

>be american
>wear bike helmet
>get shot

Depends if you ride on roads or how busy the area is where you're cycling. Get hit by a car and a helmet could come in handy.

>I really think I'd be a complete retard rn
>implying

can't sue a driver without one on after you throw yourself into traffic on purpose

There's actually no evidence that wearing helmets decreases risk of injury.

MFW in England, her royal benevolence mandates we must wear a reflective vest, 5 torches, velcro trainers and long underwear in order to lawfully ride a bicycle yet YANKS have to wear helmets because they have no freedom SUCKS TO BE A BURGERMERICAN

>Get hit by a car and a helmet could come in handy
How exactly would a helmet protect you in this situation?

Didn't cycling accidents increase in Straya after they made them compulsory because drivers just assumed they were safe so gave them less room.

do people really have to wear walking helmets in australia?

>bought a helmet at a garage sale 1 day
>decided to go skating without it
>fall face first onto my forehead from an 8 foot drop

quit skating forever that day, always wear your helmet

There's no saving a retard riding a child's vehicle on a highway.

none of this is true though (the england stuff)

only commenting because the yanks might actually believe you

hahaha

Are you fucking daft? When your head bangs on the concrete after you're tripped up that's when a helmet is useful.

Are you fucking dense? Hitting a car's windshield or hitting the hard road while wearing a helmet will be better than without one. Of course there's going to be certain accidents that happen where even when wearing a helmet won't protect shit.

when your head impacts the road from being falling down, curb impacts are common

>riding in a cage that requires no skill or fitness to ride, while burning fuel
>not a childrens vehicle
Cagers are so deluded.

standard bike helmets are useless and provide no real protection. Use a proper mountain biking helmet

>get in a huge bike wreck
>would literally be dead if it werent for my helmet

Yeah. We where em.

Here's your evidence:
youtube.com/watch?v=Qus2wiRUVBw

A kid in my town got fucking destroyed riding a bike by a drunk driver in a box truck flying down a road a few years back. Only reason he lived to be maimed for life is because he had a helmet on.

in CA you have to wear a helmet if you're under 18

>where
Helmet or no helmet, it's already too late for you.

if you're doing shit like that or riding trails in the woods obviously you should wear a helmet, but if you're just commuting or having a little ride around for cardio purposes, then there isn't that much point. Just don't be a retard and keep your head on a swivel

Gr8 B8, tell me about the test you had to take to get your Huffy, kiddo?

I did hit my head pretty hard desu

looks kewl but im gud, fukn homo white driver yelled at me for not wearing one, pussy ass nigga, like mind ya biness

>concrete
>hard road
Tell me how a helmet would have helped the people in this webm.

You must be trolling. Wearing a helmet is a safety precaution. Most likely you wont have an accident but there is a chance that you will, and if you do you'll want to be wearing a helmet. Same reason you wear a seat belt.

Why not? Why do bicycles get signalled out? Technically and statistically, everyone should wear a helmet at all times, even when sleeping, because it makes you safer. So why do double standards exist? And you hear phrases like "their body, their choice", so why can't I choose to not wear a helmet, but others can choose to permanently ruin their body hormonally and mutilate their sex organs?

did they die

you ever see that guy who gets decapitated on lake windermere trying to break boat speed record

im not trolling since I ride my bike all the fucking time and I don't own a helmet

literally never injured my head. If I fuck up and get brain damaged then thats my fault, but I trust in myself enough for that not to happen

>but what if a car just randomly hits you
again, thats my fault for not being wary enough of the cars behind me

Actually you are supposed to that anywhere in the developed world.

But I think most people don't do it.

I got fucking run off the road by some pajeet in a park while I was just leisurely cycling down the sea wall. My helmet saved me from having my head split open by a sharp rock.

Only fags do.

When I was a kid, I never wore a helmet. And no one in my neighborhood wore them. Now, everyone knows better. If I had kids, they would wear helmets. And I think it is the law in some places (for kids).

I would have just gracefully evaded the pajeet and then smashed his fucking head in
my point is that you should be wearing a helmet, but since my bicycleta skill is that much higher there is pretty much no point in me wearing one

You wear a seat belt to avoid tickets. Seat belts are a meme and don't do anything other than snap your neck.

No, that sign is a joke that went viral.

>im not trolling since I ride my bike all the fucking time and I don't own a helmet

Same here, but I can still see why many people would wear a helmet just incase. It's not hard to understand.