Be green lantern

>be green lantern
>have to literally police new york on a criminal scale and villanous/cosmic threat scale
>end up having to police the universe
>called in various sectors by guardians to police, ask gf to stay while he protects universe
>she goes to earth and says she'll wait for him
>ends up lonely on earth so instead of sending breakup message or using her own GL connections to communicate she just ends up fucking a firefighter
>dates firefighter and lets him move in and has sex with him in their couple bedroom
>kyle comes back to the guy in his shower
>jade tells him he has no right to be angry
>tells him to deal with her cheating
>barely feels remorse about 'not waiting'
>that's it that's how she ends relationship of years, after a marriage proposal and a pregnancy fake-out that excited them both

Has there ever been a shittier girlfriend in Sup Forums than Jade? What is the most rage-inducing Sup Forums related relationship you've seen?

Expecting a closed relationship is pretty misogynist, bro

Green Arriow was worst girlfriend for Hal

>Hal I know you're saving the universe almost everyday but when have you ever come down to the streets to solve REAL crime ! A kid robbed a convenience store the other day and where were you!?

Did he at least shove her green ass into the vegetable crisper?

No. He wanted to kick the guy out of his apartment and she told him it was her apartment because she had been paying the rent while he was gone. She then told him to get out so he left and had nowhere to go.

Almost all women with military husbands who are sent overseas cheat and then divorce them when they come back.

Guy left because he had trouble dealing with the fact his (gay) best friend was nearly beaten to death.

Jade has no grounds to justify what she did.

Kyle really is worst Lantern

Not debating how shitty that is, but in this case she was also a Green Lantern. She had the power to see him any time and had special means to communicate with him unlike countries and a war and a gap in experience separating two people.

And they tell me that Women being awful is a meme

As one who really liked them in a relationship, I was pretty pissed off when it happened.

They basically needed to fuck Kyle up so much he'd leave Earth in preparation for Hal's return.

Oh well, Jade doesn't exist anymore anyway.

I miss Hard Traveling Heroes in New 52 but I sure as hell don't miss Ollie yelling at Hal like he caused world's injustice.

Alex was pretty much Kyle's best match and she ended up in a fridge.

Looking back on it I can see Donna wasn't too bad for him either. She was a bit too mature for him but was sympathetic to the fact that he was still moving on from Alex. When she suspected him of cheating (and he really was about to and crossing some lines), she did get angry and temporarily break up with him, but nothing too psychotic. They made up, it seemed to really mature him, but Donna's just a character with a constantly fucked up origin and they are from two different franchise so they had to break up with the most bullshit reasons. She at least was loyal throughout the whole thing and never abused Kyle.

Jade took complete advantage of Kyle, getting angry at him for the stupidest of shit and was demanding and immature. They had a lot of fun together and had a lot of passion, but in the end she was selfish and had very little sympathy for him or his situation. She cheated, had no remorse, and then had the audacity to leave him without a home when he came back to Earth after having been through war.

Soranik Natu seemed ok until she found out Kyle lied to her. Like what he did to Donna, it was a dick move, but she handled it like a complete psychopath and actually physically assaulted him, threatened him, and could not be near him after without violent gestures or threats. He was irredeemable in her eyes.

Then we had Carol which was a stupid match up in the first place. Like Donna she was a bit more mature for him, but convoluted bullshit ended up happening and they moved too fast, got separated, and he ended up banging another girl in his hopeless situation.

All in all Kyle's love life is pathetic and the rare times women did not treat him like shit, he took actually good or sane women for granted. Pretty much nothing tops what Jade did to him though. It was pretty much one of the cruelest breakups in comics and was treated totally casually, she never had to be held accountable for it.

This was up there with the Gwen-Norman thing, but that was at least so ludicrous it might as well not have happened. Jade doesn't exist anymore, one of the only good things about Alan being retconned gay.

We also have when Dick fucked Barbara then invited her to his wedding with Starfire right after, both cheating on Starfire and rubbing salt in the wound for Barbara. Yet again another moment so stupid it should just be considered non canon forever.

Ollie is just insufferable in general. When will Hal realise Barry is the one for him? He might not be as wild as Ollie or have as much fun as him, but he's been patient and loyal and good to Hal.

My dad was sent to Iraq back in...05? and he said it happened to a good number of his men, especially the ones just out of high school. A lot of them will get married before they go to war because they want to have their girlfriend cared for if they die. Combat pay is generally pretty good so the wives get nice things (especially because the boys feel guilty) and the freedom to do whatever they want. This generally includes sleeping around. Then when the guys got back their wives would leave them, partly because they weren't used to having someone else around.

It was really fucking sad to because a few of the guys in his unit were just a couple years older than me, they all came back to the states super happy, and then a few months later he'd start getting calls about how so-and-so killed himself.

I'm sure the reason they killed themselves wasn't just because some bitch left them. There's kind of the whole rampant PTSD thing, the fact that they acquire numerous mental illnesses and also get addicted to shit, and that war changes them and it's hard to re-integrate into society. Of course having a shitty wife leave you doesn't help, but even single vets have high rates of suicide.

Why is that the suicide rate is much higher for people who went to Vietnam and Iraq than it was for soldiers in WWII. I'm not saying some of those soldiers didn't have PTSD but it was a lower rate of suicide. Is it because they actually believed in the cause they were fighting for, so they justified some of the horrible things they saw. Is that the main difference?

There are actually some good studies on this. The main reason is actually the change in training of our soldiers, mostly because people were called in to eliminate the problem of soldiers not firing guns. During the Civil War and especially during WWI and WWII, when people examined dead bodies of US soldiers at places like Normandy, they found a majority of the dead had never fired their gun. This showed a hesitance to kill even in the face of danger or being killed themselves. What happened was quick changes to make soldiers more efficient killers by the Korean War and then by the Vietnam War.

While the training made soldiers more willing to fire on enemies, it also began unraveling many aspects of their identity, forever differentiating them from the rest of society and civilians. There is also pairing that up with the general trauma of war. Look up fragging, which became more common in Vietnam and caused a crisis in the military-- psychological problems were abound and neurosis were forming at much higher rates with the strain of the human mind resisting against what civilized society has taught them.

story time

Obviously it's not the sole reason, but when you have people who, like you said, are already going through a difficult time readjusting, immediately losing whatever they were looking forward to coming back to fucks them up way worse.

More stability. Post-WW2 was a boom economy, and people came home to supportive families and a wealth of stable jobs. Family structures and communities in general were tighter and formed closer communities, like churches. The lack of modern news reporting also insulated them from the war overseas other than "We're winning!" which became impossible when the media plastered the real face of the war everywhere 24/7. Basically, it was much easier to slip back into normality and tell yourself things were OK.

Plus like you said, both Vietnam and Iraq were wars of questionable nature that we debatably lost, and the soldiers in both came home to stagnated to flatlined economies.

Post Vietnam common people were disgusted by the soldiers instead of welcoming them as heroes, so they all felt like shit, as well.

Soldiers were also experimented on in Korean/Vietnam War, with many chemical agents they used fucking them up as well as drugs. In Fallujah, Iraq, look at the cancer and deformity rate: safe to say some of our soldiers have probably been exposed to toxic agents. Returning soldiers became bad press because there were less of them returning happy and confident that they could fit back in with civilian life and not be fucked up in the head. Before they just lobotomized and instistutionalized the worst of the ones that wouldn't kill themselves off or just turn into drug addicts, now they just kind of leave them without their dignity at the side of the road begging for cash after being discarded.

tldr; the way we fought war changed and the way we both trained soldiers and treated them afterwards changed.

One last very important fact: suicide rate for servicemen who never even were deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq is still 50% higher than civilian population, so the kinds of people that are targeted to serve in the military has shifted as well. While it isn't all of them, many are already desperate and come from harder lives or backgrounds or put too much investment in the US Military fixing their lives. Having pre-existing conditions for Bad Shit Happening plus coming back and finding out your government kind of doesn't care what you do after and a lack of resources is very depressing for many

>Has there ever been a shittier girlfriend in Sup Forums than Jade?
Peter Parker is a shittier partner. He'll sell you and your daughter to the devil for another shot at his aunt's wrinkly old prunehole.

Man, I'm very against pretty much all of our recent wars and I still find the thought of treating soldiers like shit once they come home, let alone if they had no choice in the matter and were drafted.

I mean losing your respect for someone because they are a shitty person and happen to be a vet is fine, but hating someone on the principle that they served in a war you're against? It pisses me off because I know as a civilian I can't imagine what these guys went through and many were young when they enlisted anyway.

Holy fuck this bitch.
It's not the cheating that is her biggest crime, it is the utter shamelessness and "Fuck you Kyle this is YOUR fault" attitude.

Don't do this. Please.

Yeah, the fact that she didn't even feel bad and literally left him homeless after this makes her irredeemable. It's narcissistic behavior. Even if by now you want to break up with your partner, how can you not have an ounce of compassion for their hurt or betrayal or the fact that they just came back to Earth and should have a place to call "home"?

It's one of the most mean-spirited things I've ever seen.

There is no contempt in my heart that exceeds how much I hate those that mistreated Vietnam vets who fought because they were drafted.

Calling them babykiller and spitting on them as they walked off the plane with PTSD. Not aware that cruelly mistreating an entire people with a large brush is the exact kind of behavior they are supposedly against. Not even aware enough to think that it could have just as easily been them.

Fucking Hippies.

It's one of the shittiest things I can imagine as well and punctures any facade of their way of thinking being based in sympathy or compassion for those affected by war, especially with a Draft in place.

Vietnam was not a fun time for anybody and the only people that had fun were a minority of sociopaths or people who completely lost their shit and were far gone anyway. I know I'm preaching to the choir but I'm just freaked out that people could act like that especially with a draft in place.

>shitting break up issue
>hyping up Catwoman movie and Identity Crisis
Jesus christ, it's like a time capsule of crap.

>Character Assassination
You got that right, advertisement.

Lol

>Jesus christ, it's like a time capsule of crap.
Tell me about it, I finished Identity Crisis this morning and read this storytime now. I'll probably look for Joker's Daughter issue for full kick in the nuts.

>One last very important fact: suicide rate for servicemen who never even were deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq is still 50% higher than civilian population, so the kinds of people that are targeted to serve in the military has shifted as well.
>While it isn't all of them, many are already desperate and come from harder lives or backgrounds or put too much investment in the US Military fixing their lives.

This is very true. Military service is mostly for lower class men with no hope for their future, or people who romanticize the idea of being a killer.

Make no mistake- the military preys on this idea. A lot of these boys like the idea of being a tough, troubled, fucked up killer without knowing what that actually means. War movies get played in recruitment offices for the same reasons that you'll see some kids embrace the idea of gang culture- it makes you cool and deep and dangerous. These kids are naive and instead of teaching them the truth they take advantage of them.

The sad fact is that most of the military is there because they were misguided or desperate, and nobody cares that they're getting hurt.

It was a completely different time. It's easy to say that they were wrong now that we've grown up exposed to the realities of war, but Vietnam was the first truly televised war. Before hand you just sent boys to Europe and they came back heroes; you didn't know or care what happened. The fact that the war's justification was tenuous made everything worse- to them, it looked like people were just being sent to commit murder.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure Europe didn't have the same issue since both World Wars were fought on their soil. They understood the realities of what war entailed.

Made me realise Jade would be right at home being an asshole. Wait I meant 'Marvel character'.

Though GLs do tend to get the shit stick more than most DC characters.

Why is she so vindictive and callous over this? Can girls who seem at least sort of sane or nice really act like this when they've done something wrong?

Because she had shit writing. Either the author thought this was a legitimate position to have without being a totally self serving asshole, or they thought the character was a totally self serving asshole. I don't know much about the Kyle era of GL, so I can't really comment, but one assumes Jade wasn't usually portrayed as a totally self serving asshole.

>Can girls who seem at least sort of sane or nice really act like this when they've done something wrong?

hahahahahahahaaaa

>Can girls who seem at least sort of sane or nice really act like this when they've done something wrong?

They're just better at hiding their assholery. Kyle would be well within his rights to slap a bitch.

>off playing space cop

isn't Jade a Green Lantern too?

not that kind of green lantern.

closer to alan scott then she is to the space police.

give anyone enough time and they can rationalize their misdeeds as being 100% someone else's fault

>she cheated on him
>she slapped him for it

I liked Infinity Inc but I can say this is within the scope of something that isn't totally unbelievable for her. Had this been a character like Donna or Tora or Barbara who are generally kind-hearted characters it would have been far weirder. Had it been a character like Wonder Woman or Dinah Lance, women whose integral traits are their honesty and communication, it would have been outlandish.

Jade was a fun and good girlfriend, she was passionate and on Kyle's wavelength for a lot of things. But one of her actual listed flaws in Infinity Inc was being bratty and selfish at times. She was a model, she had a lot of confidence, she wasn't the type to coddle and so I don't think it's completely uncharacteristic of her or people like her to lock down and become stupidly defensive when they are caught doing something wrong, especially when they have built it up in their heads that they were somehow wronged by their SO.

Still stupid writing though.

My brother went through a really stupid crisis. Up until then I had thought he was a pretty decent and smart guy, but he cheated on his very hot and very educated and successful wife (and newly mother of his twins) with some shitty hag while he was on a contractor job a few states away. He formed a relationship with this woman and when his wife found out and confronted him on it, he took her to dinner and pretty cruelly told her that he has no regrets and it's her fault for shutting off emotionally and not calling enough. He then told her the woman was pregnant with his baby and that he was leaving her.

Needless to say everyone in the family thought he was retarded and none of us supported him as he destroyed the best thing he had, but it was weird how he just kept justifying it. And this is a guy who was plenty fun and nice all around so I think it's pretty believable that a lot of women can act this way too if they have enough time to build shit in their head.

the slap is just over the top. this whole thing is over the top. the bitchy expression, the lack of apology, the slap, the immediate blame, telling him he has no right to be angry, acting like the victim then kicking him out of his own apartment.

i can't imagine being a fan of the series or the pairing at the time and how that must have been lol

Girls act like this ESPECIALLY when they know they've done something wrong. By putting up a tough front, they can shift blame from themselves and make it seem like they have nothing to be ashamed of. It works especially if their shameless display can bait a man into yelling at them or getting physical. That turns them undeniably into the victim. A lot of times they even successfully rationalize their own behavior as being the fault of the person they wronged.

I know this sounds like some tryhard Sup Forums shit, but women just don't deal with shame in the same way that men do, as a rule. Have you ever heard a woman bragging about having cheated to win a contest where there was literally nothing at stake? That's what I'm talking about.

Women and men have equal capability for dishonesty but in my experience it's much less common for a man to successfully lie to himself. Men are capable of acknowledging when they've done something morally inexcusable, and will more often lie to escape consequences, rather than to absolve themselves of personal guilt.

I think this might be because men are not expected to be pure or be more morally strong or emotionally in tune like women are. Women are seen as this backbone of families and the foundation of society through motherhood and are seen as more sensitive, compassionate, selfless and so on. So when they fail to live up to this image they have a way harder time accepting it. Men on the other hand are usually told they are weak to their urges and temptations and so it's no big surprise when they are human but to a woman it's usually a surprise.

What a dick, my uncle did something similar but at least he realized what an idiot he was and his wife forgave him. He won't ever try a stunt like that again

>Have you ever heard a woman bragging about having cheated to win a contest where there was literally nothing at stake?
are you implying I have not also heard plenty of men do that? because that's false.

Relevant...

Tyler Kirkman is a mearly decent artist but holy shit he nailed this reaction image.

Don't forget the part where she taco-blocks Soranik Natu when she came back to life.

holy fuck reeds face in that bottom panel.

>not shallow enough for me

Holy shit. Someone put a fucking bullet in her brain.

It isn't the worst but this reminds me of Guy and Ice's thing when that GL marathon was being done recently. I'd forgotten all about it but fresh memories brought a new reaction and perspective.

See Ice shows up and things seem to be going right in Guy's life for once, then she drops the ball that she wasn't staying because Fire had been talking to her and don't you say it was Tora's decision and Bea had nothing to do with it because you know that's a fresh load of shit a mile long and she has her own life.
Which is fine and true, but the question remains why did she come all the way out to let him know what they were already coping with quietly? He even asks and I'm sorry if this sounds even more like /r9k/ to you, but to me even though she said she "missed" him it seemed more like she wanted to see if he missed her. For someone who missed him so much she seemed in an awful rush to bring up that she was leaving as if to see his reaction first hand.

Guy handled it like a genius though, he just put the argument on ice heh because it was more important for him that they have a good time together than worry about what either of them can't have in the relationship.

He's patrolling all over, trying to keep a clear head on duty while protecting the universe, and Tora travels across it to play mind games? Being a GL is just back to back hell with intermissions.

>the fuck this bitch talking about
>I swear if she goes to that fucking fish again

That is so terrible fucking hell. Who wrote this red hot poker in my eyes?

What the hell is this, who even talks like this during a breakup. They at least invent some bullshit lie reason to cover up the fact that they just want to be a slut.

breaking up with someone because you want to get your slut on is the morally correct choice of action here

I think that men are less likely to brag about having done so, but again this is only my own experience and shouldn't be taken as empirical fact.

Joe Pokaski, dude who worked on Heroes.

>We also have when Dick fucked Barbara then invited her to his wedding with Starfire right after,

I swear I laugh every time.

What a cock.

Mike Carey, apparently.

What, the information I'm looking at says it wasn't.

>Jade doesn't exist anymore, one of the only good things about Alan being retconned gay.
He can always adopt, senpai.
Who knows what will be his status when he gets Rebirthed, though.

>Rebirthed
Sounds kind of disgusting, for whatever reason.

My association with it is the fucked up quackery Rebirthing method that killed Candace Newmaker.

It's enhanced by him just walking away.

He's one of the smartest humans and even he can't begin to understand whatever stupid shit she's on about.
He just decides "fuck it" and leaves.

Ultimate Reed was becoming an interesting character, then Marvel got scared and decided to make him act like just a lovesick idiot still crying from a rejection he got over thousands of years ago to give Sue the last leg up.

Somehow I both understood what he was thinking and still have no idea what he was thinking.

Emotions starting bubbling to the surface, things got out of control. He didn't mean for it to happen. I get it, sort of. But shit man, wait a bit. Maybe leave it when you're out the door not while you're getting out of bed. Timing is everything.

>Being a GL is just back to back hell with intermissions.

Have a poorly shopped thing

I'm going to make this my wallpaper.

Probably had the same instinct of the people who were just lighting matches.

Fuck it, light it and see what comes of it, I don't care anymore.

Suddenly I'm not so sad about DCAU Babs fucking Bruce. The Batfam are just really shitty people

The worst is the timing is supposed to be when Barbara is newly crippled too. Let's leave out the fact that he's cheating on Starfire who is probably at least remotely more forgiving of that stuff despite her undying love and devotion to Dick and try to get in his head. He opens the door and sees one of his closest friends and someone he's had intimate feelings for crippled for the first time since it's happened. He feels guilt, she cries and hugs him. They kiss. One thing leads to another...but she's paralyzed, man. It's not like she can be that aggressive of a participant and overwhelm him.

But maybe he's so overwhelmed by his emotions and also the fact that he could have lost her. Okay. But seriously, just handing her the invitation right after? It's so awful and mean that I can't help but lose my shit every time. Even the most well-meaning idiot would think twice about giving it to her now that he's fucked up and find a better approach.

kek how can you guys come out of this hating jade and not kyle? he's such a pussy here it's embarrassing, even lets her kick him out of his own apartment. he just gets humiliated in front of the guy that fucked his girlfriend and not only does he take it like a bitch, but he still loves jade after this. he pines for her even after she's dead so much that the star sapphires sensed she was his true love.

he's such a pussy i can't even feel bad for him.

>Flipping the old sailor adage "A girl in every port"
>using it in a way it didn't mean

I swear I think the writer just wanted to make Sue sound like a slut.

your bait-fu needs work, pal.

must be cold in there

>I never thought you'd turn out to be a -