twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So what's the deal with the people?

WE WILL TEAR YOUR SOUL APART

I RECOMMEND...AMPUTATION

OP you're being a little obtuse

youtube.com/watch?v=bdzmcJrG-MY

youtube.com/watch?v=EgWnbGNClQ0

shelly acute!

>the universe of hellraiser is so rich and interesting it actually warrants a million sequels, unlike other horror series with basic premises
>so much possibilities, so many cool things they could explore and expand on the mythology
>2 and 4 are the only ones who even expand on it, the rest were unrelated low budget shitty horrors turned into a hellraiser sequel at the last minute
What a fucking waste of a franchise. There's so many cool things you could do with this lore. What if they kept Pinhead dead and Channard successfully converted Tiffany and Kirsty into Cenobites at the end of 2? You could have Channard / Tiffany / Kirsty as the Cenobites for the next few sequels.

I know 7 wasn't originally a Hellraiser movie but I like the base idea of a cult trying to invade the Cenobites' realm to take control of it, but they don't really do anything with it. The whole movie is a reporter doing bland detective work, the cult don't do anything until the end of the movie and immediately get wiped out. That base idea is interesting with potential for a great movie, shows what crazy shit you could do with this world. Would be cool if we could see different factions of Cenobites turning on each other as the base of a movie, this kinda happens in 2 with Leviathan / Channard vs Pinhead + company but it's just one scene. Then 4 also has this idea but you don't even understand what the fuck is happening because the studio fucked with the movie so much.

To think I hesitated.

YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL

The cenobites and their mythos were the biggest waste in horror movie history (I don't give a fuck if something is in a novel, comic book, or Saturday morning cartoon show somewhere). Their 80s BDSM chic character design was really unique, Pinhead in small doses was fun to watch, and their labyrinthine home dimension could've been expanded into something neat. I read that the new one is going to introduce new hell characters, but I'm not holding my breathe that they won't turn out to look like low budget shitshows and talk in dark witticisms that fall flat. Plus there's no way a non-Doug Bradley Pinhead is going to be nearly as good.

Doug Bradley autists like you need to settle down. He's great but he can be replaced. He's under so much make-up his actual face is not required and his voice is very easy to imitate. Obviously you shouldn't cast someone with an abnormally large forehead like in 9 who sounds like a teenager trying to force a deep voice. I'm welcoming the new actor with open arms, he seems like a nice guy from the interview, he's aware of autists like you who will hate him regardless. He looks exactly like Pinhead should in the stills they released. Next we gotta hear what he sounds like.

The director has admitted 10 is being made just to retain the rights, but the director says he genuinely wants to make a good movie. I understand 9 was slapped together at the last second when the studio realized they were about to lose the rights. With 10 they had a bit more foresight, so it wasn't as much of a rush. At least the director isn't deluded about what he's making and is honest about it, but is still hoping to deliver something which is passable.

Everyone lost their shit when the first few production stills dropped because the monsters they showed did not look like the typical Cenobites we've already seen. Since then it's been confirmed, aside from Pinhead, we have not seen any Cenobites from 10. The stills they released such as this one are of other creatures. The plot synopsis sounds like a detective investigating a serial killer, but there's also a group of supernatural monsters aside from the Cenobites, so this one sounds like it's at least trying something different.

Have you seen that girl that starred in the daughter in these movies lately?

Talk about ayyyy lmao

Hellraiser Revelations is the closest thing to Hellraiser 1 than any of the other movies

This desu. The fixation on pinhead at all is unnecessary for a good movie anyway, and he was only made the main guy because of autists in the first place

But it's the exact same story, just told with horrendous production values, horrendous actors, atrocious cinematography and 2D characters.

Hellraiser 1 feels like a real lived in world. A lot of the characters aren't inherently likable but they feel like very real human beings. The relationship between Julia and Larry feels very real and something many people suffer through on a frequent basis. These characters feel like real, flawed, fleshed out three dimensional human beings that you can immediately latch onto and understand. 1 is essentially just a twisted love story. The Cenobites are basically used as a backdrop, a tool to explore the relationships.

Hellraiser 2 is one of the greatest sequels ever made. It continues the story of the original but is not a direct retread or copy of the original. It expands on the mythology greatly and explores it from a daring new angle. Everything we learn in 2 feels like a natural evolution of the lore, it doesn't ruin any of the intrigue or mystery, we get satisfying explanations and insights.

>the actor seems like a nice guy

Well then that settles it. I'm sure he'll make a fine Pinhead.

How does that at all refute what else I've said?

Great line and concept. Too bad that the sequels ignore it.

You are overselling 2. It was okay, but it descends into ridiculous b-movie cheese once the doctor becomes a cenobite. The actress who played Julia looks like she is embarrassed to be there. I also didn't like how the Cenobites were controlled by some entity from Hell. In 1, it was implied that they were simply a bunch of kooks who lived in a sort of monastic community in a pocket dimension. Exactly what they were or where they came from was left a mystery, but they seemed to have agency, and I feel like the revelation that they were just minions of some faceless God of Evil cheapened them.

The Cenobites' dimension in 2 looked like an oversized Halloween haunted house. The simple endless hallway from 1 was much better at implying a horrible place while leaving most of it to the imagination.

>It was okay, but it descends into ridiculous b-movie cheese once the doctor becomes a cenobite.
2 is very goofy and cheesy but it does not at all detract from the lore.
>The actress who played Julia looks like she is embarrassed to be there.
She was chewing the fuck out of the scenery and loving every second of it.
>In 1, it was implied that they were simply a bunch of kooks who lived in a sort of monastic community in a pocket dimension.
Clive Barker himself came up with 2's story, sorry 2 betrayed what head canon your autistic mind conjured up.
>The Cenobites' dimension in 2 looked like an oversized Halloween haunted house.
No shit, they were working with a shoestring budget. Especially when you go into these old school 80s horrors you have to give them leeway and take into account their budgets.

It's not even the most iconic line from the movie. For some reason "THIS ISN'T FOR YOUR EYES" always stuck with me after I watched it in my early teens. "Your suffering will be legendary" is my favorite from the movie, though.

"Bane?"

>Geez, you swept?

What did he mean by this?

1 was the only good movie in the franchise, and even it was heavily flawed. 2 is good if you like 80s b-movie cheese, but you are delusional if you think it's a good movie.

t. 13 year old armchair critic
1 and 2 are kino.

Yeah?

Don't most critics sit in comfy armchairs while giving their reviews?

youtube.com/watch?v=fJsIn4UttPo

The movie franchise is shit after 2, just read the original book and the anthology comic that has very little Pinhead.
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Clive-Barker-s-Hellraiser

MARTHA, WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME ... "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME

I've never watched any of these movies. Are they good?

1 and 2 are; 4 is interesting, too.

>there are actual retards on the internet arguing about the hellraiser sequels

i guess im not surprised

He's right about 1 being the only really good one. 2 starts well but completely shits the bed with The Doctor throwing one-liners all around, showing the Cenobites as a bunch of jobbers and finally, revealing their human form.

The first one is so good because it used them in very few scenes and every single line they said was brilliant.

Honestly the "Jesus wept" line freaked me out more than most in this movie

Thread theme. Honestly I can't hear this or watch hell raiser without thinking of the other.
youtu.be/dw1oM7LBbxE

>Demons to some, 90° angles to others

>YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HEL

I never liked the hellraiser movies but god damn they have some good lines for a horror flick

Any recent news on Judgement? Is it still going to come out this year?

the anthology comic is shit. started off as a failed attempt to imitate Sandman, mainly by using "edgy" illustrators who scribbled rather than drew, then they tried to turn it into standard capeshit, with a preset group of heroes who were normal folk with backstories and who leap into battle describing the things that are happening around them in case you can't work it out from the illustrations. "Unh.. must.. throw.. boomerang.. to deflect.. sword! UNH!"

it was pathetic.

she's cute. she actually got better with age.

Because there's more to being a good actor than just being a 'nice guy.' You only said he's a nice guy and looks like how Pinhead should look. Nothing about his acting ability.

Get the gimp

Oh, fuck you. The third one, albeit filled with more schlock then the previous two, was rather fun and Doug carried it.

What's your pleasure, Mr. Cotton?

ahahahahahahahaha pure kino

>tfw I had the chance to see Doug Bradley reading Edgar Allen Poe on Halloween and missed it

Psychological Hellraiser best Hellraiser

Only so much suffering can be produced from physical torture.

What is this a Cenobite for ants?

Acting like Pinhead takes little to no talent. Just be good at imitating his voice. The director thinks Pinhead should be quiet and reserved. Fucking retarded autist.

Unfortunately I hadn't enough cenobites since third chapter. That's barnabloque.

>The first one is so good because it used them in very few scenes and every single line they said was brilliant.
They only have a minute or two of extra screentime in Hellraiser 2. Nice try, kiddo, but it appears you're trying to invent reasons of why Hellraiser 2 is bad (and failling).
>The Doctor throwing one-liners all around,
No one is denying 2 is campy or goofy, that's a big part of it's charm.
>showing the Cenobites as a bunch of jobbers and finally
Yes, it would make sense for their God to be more powerful than them you fucking moron, that's the concept of a "God".

>literally no argument
My entire, well thought out, intelligent post is berating the sequels for not approaching the lore and exploring it in interesting new ways like 2 and 4 dared to. 3 devolves Pinhead into a generic slasher villain, which is definitely fun to see, adds absolutely zero to the lore because they weren't talented enough to come up with anything.

>well thought out, intelligent
sure, keep jerking yourself off, so far you're great at it.

Not an argument. Neither was your brilliant "fuck you" response.

Doug carried all the films. Even the bad ones were made watchable by his line delivery and presence on screen as pinhead.

They fucked up the moment they replaced him.

It's more than the voice. you need the right face.

Also Doug had this thing where he constantly looked slightly amused by everything. Which the last guy failed to even try to emulate, and had this stupid wide eyed stare going on a lot of the time.

Hopefully the next one works out better.

>It's more than the voice. you need the right face.
>he didn't read my post

THE DOCTOR IS IN

He didn't carry them at all post 4th one, since he barely had screen time besides 5 minutes max. Hellworld wasn't as awful as the others, just plainly mediocre and was saved by it's aesthetic common for that time that the shows like Buffy The Vampire Slayer had. The 9th one is, although an atrocity, rather entertaining. It's like the first one, only worse, with a little mix of /r9k/ in it. I had more fun with it compared to what came in the latter sequels.

nor was it intended to be "an argument", it was just a simple fuck you pointed your way.

I've definitely watched the first movie and maybe a couple of others. Is there a place where I can read on the cool cenobite mythos?

Hellraiser is fucking GOAT

NOT QUITE.
NO TEARS, IT'S A WASTE OF GOOD SUFFERING
WE HAVE SUCH SIGHTS TO SHOW YOU

Would you fuck the female cenobite?

>Acting like Pinhead takes little to no talent

Then why did the one in Revelations suck?

Addressed in my other post. You Bradley autists just see "Pinhead can be replaced" and lose your shit. You don't even bother to read arguments, your brain just throws an autistic temper tantrum.

>Angles

You didn't address it.

Would you open the box Sup Forums?

>Obviously you shouldn't cast someone with an abnormally large forehead like in 9 who sounds like a teenager trying to force a deep voice.
Rek'd.

A dream to some...a nightmare to others!

>name a more iconic line
YOU'RE A BIG GUY

Dr Pavel, I'm CIA

You are so objectively wrong and your taste is so garbage you should be banned from participating in future Hellraiser threads.

Yeah I agree with that. The problem is that you're kinda wrong though. Doug is far too iconic. I won't deny that someone else could do it. You're right on that. The main issue is that no one will accept any new Pinhead. Doug is the guy. It's the same thing as a new Freddy. Yeah another guy can do it, but it's just not the same as the original. Unless they take it in a different direction somehow. Christopher Lee is a very well regarded Dracula, even though Lugosi is the most iconic.

>The problem is that you're kinda wrong though. Doug is far too iconic. I won't deny that someone else could do it. You're right on that. The main issue is that no one will accept any new Pinhead. Doug is the guy. It's the same thing as a new Freddy. Yeah another guy can do it, but it's just not the same as the original.
Wrong, Pinhead's voice is very easy to imitate. Freddy banters a lot and is constantly quipping. Pinhead speaks very slowly and methodically, which makes it extremely easy for someone capable of imitating the voice to wrap their vocal cords around his dialogue. The new guy looks exactly like Pinhead in the makeup, you wouldn't even know unless someone told you it wasn't Doug.

You realize his voice is altered in post-production, right? No shit anyone can sound like Pinhead.

It amazes me you are the first pointing this out.

Yes, so Doug is not iconic, what is iconic is the makeup.