Why'd they cancel it?

why'd they cancel it?

Too good for this world.

Bad ratings/expensive cast.

Cause it had way too much heart and soul, something most animated sitcoms don't anymore.

It amazes me we're about to go into season seven of Bob's Burgers without it being threatened with cancellation, since it's so much better than current Simpsons or Family Guy.

Fox canceled everything back then.

Fox cancels almost everything now.

Granted, a lot of things they put out are really bad, but even the good stuff falls off the map. I haven't watched it to know if it's good or not, but Sleepy Hollow still going is a surprise. Seemed too original a premise for them to give more than 13 episodes.

Neutopia.

It was getting pretty bad and they didn't want it to live on as a soulless zombie like the Simpsons. If they never cancelled it we would be begging them to let it die with dignity.

More often I find myself asking why they brought it back.

Bad ratings caused by constant interruption by MLB same reason why King of the Hill was.

The movies were good, but I feel like the Comedy Central era tried to hard to be trendy and fell in to the family guy style of humor that being said it was never as bad as Family guy or modern simpsons.

IT WAS OVER

It was cancelled once then came back.
It had an official ending what are you talking about

Because the writers had run out of ideas. It died relatively gracefully and didn't live to become New Simpsons.

Season 7 and 8 had good episodes

Also had bad episodes. Overall quality was starting to drop and you know it. Better for it to end while it was still relatively good

The revival seasons were fucking bad

Thank jesus they did. The revival was bad, fuck your opinion, you enjoy bad television.

Good taste in this thread

The gap meant change in staff, change in commercial climate, change in personal lives. If it was one continuous series it likely would have been fine.

comedy central wanted something inline with their social propaganda which futurama isnt. while it has a diverse cast there are white men in it and comedy central wants to erase white men

the only reason south park can stay is to pay the bills ... and if they dont renew the contract it might go to fox for the sunday line up

Correct