Is Teen Titans Go! actually pretty funny?

Is Teen Titans Go! actually pretty funny?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gCY-Npnh0FY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a shame that they went so kiddy, but the humor can be good. At it's best it's like Tiny Titans.

Yeah, I suppose.

I'm still waiting for them to do an episode in the style of the original show tho

Not often enough to make it worth watching for anything more than Chris Battle's art.

Recently it's been trying too hard to be meta.

It's more annoying than when they were insecure with the premise.

Depends on what you think is funny.

I love the schadenfreude, and all the little nods to other DC titles. Just look at backgrounds during an episode and try to find the references/name drops.

No.

/thread

The hell is Darkseid doing there

Fuck you, don't just think you can finish a discussion you simple-minded fuck.
He appeared in a TTG episode before. Weird Al voiced him.

Who is the retarded looking big guy to the left of Bane?

swamp zombie

You mean Solomon Grundy?

Isn't Darkseid taller in the show?

Probably? The designs in OP's image seem a bit rushed.

Bane?

It's good for what it is. It's best when it's being meta.

Who, that big guy?

Pretty much this, some of the meta stuff is funny but the show as a whole feels like it's trying too hard.
I just want it to end so they can put their animation skills to good use.

>waffles
>funny

>Bitching about a season 1 episode
LET IT GO FOR GOD'S SAKE

YOU'RE ONLY HURTING YOURSELF

Grood.

How much did the writers and that awful artstyle changed?

Is that zod between harley and grundy
If so holy shit i auctualy recognised every character in a group shot i dont think i have managed that before.

Fuck if I know about the writers (art style didn't change), but the writing itself feels less inane than 'waffle song'.

Has it become more consistent tho?

My problem was more that either a episode hit hard or it was absolute shit at the drop of a hat.

Nothing sums my opinion better than having a funny episode followed by the retarded Waffles episode.

Yep, you're correct. Pretty iconic villains, too.

Honestly its hard to stay mad at waffles because it gives us painbot.

Yes.

Its a very Harvey birdman/sealab 20201/spaceghost style where they use the superheros for pure surrealist bs mockery.

I would not call sinestro iconic
But yeah in general your right i dont have much to be proud of.

What, like.. people would improve over time or something? that's nonsense.

>manletseid

Look at all the comic writers who got worse user.

We must never forget bendis for those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Darkseid is.

do you always react like that to joke off-note posts or is there somebody permanently taking a piss on the back of your head

I wonder how you'd react to literal shitposts, you're probably among the first to take the bait

Okay what episode is this?

And how do they fuck up Slade?

its a great kids show for kids and kids love it which it why its gotten so many seasons

You know, they canceled young Justice for this, because they wanted to target younger boys zainy comedy like adventure time.

>waaaah!
Looks like they hit a nerve.

Some episodes are.
I really don't get why kids love it, it relies heavily on referential humor to things they've never seen. I mean that Island series was a great example each episode was a parody of something Gilligan's Island, Predator, The Lost World, Fantasy Island, Truman Show.

If you're in the age demographic, it's funny. If you're an adult? not really.

>If you're an adult? not really.
Dunno, mang. I'm 35 and I thought this whole ep was hilariously 80's:
youtube.com/watch?v=gCY-Npnh0FY

>TTGo references a bunch of DC shit
>"It's actually pretty funny, guys!"

back to your safe space (tumblr)

seems like tumblr, alright

It has plenty of screaming and lolrandum to keep them amused too.

Haven't watched it in a while but I remember it's a real roller coaster of quality. For every Waffles there's a 40% 40% 20%

>Its a very Harvey birdman/sealab 20201/spaceghost style where they use the superheros for pure surrealist bs mockery.

That is an absolute disservice to this previous shows if you're seriously saying this kiddie fodder toy commercial is anything like them.

There are toys?

yeah it's been pretty funny a ton of times

Bendis was never good. He found a niche that worked with him with street level capes, but his base writing abilities never got better. His first comic still has all the issues this board bitches about to this day.

I think the most impressive feat of TTG is how they turned Trigon the Terrible into comic relief.

Didn't they originally not put Slade in the show thinking the cartoon incarnation would freak kids out too much?

All things funny related to this show started and ended with "Pie Bros".

>Hal Jordan is such a joke even Sinestro is considered non-iconic
He used to be in villainous team-ups too. He wore a different outfit in the JL cartoon I believe.

The problem the series has is the same problem Batman V Superman had, it has a 100% focus on the moments.

Think about it: the series pretty much spends almost every single second trying to move from one attempted screen cap worthy joke to another. From waffles to Robin's handsome face to the pee pee dance to the serious Titans, the show tries to throw everything it thinks kids find silly and shocking towards the screen in a desperate attempt to get a joke. Problem is, this leaves very little time for scenes which leaves to two of the main problems of the series: incoherent plot structure and unlikable, one dimensional characters that only differ in their quirks.

Compare that to golden age SpongeBob (the show I think TTG is trying to ape). The show has plenty of moments but it also has plenty of scenes and it keeps the moments somewhat connected to the initial plot. The former fleshes out the characters to the point that they're relatable while the later keeps the plot focused and coherent.

I get why TTG does what it does: the writers saw the SpongeBob memes and thought by being just as silly as those memes, they could make their show the next SpongeBob. Due to the lack of scenes however, TTG never gets anywhere near even the worst of classic SpongeBob.

Wow, what stick got impaled in your anus? You're crying over the fact someone liked an aspect of a cartoon.

That's how fucking pathetic you are.
>THEY LIKE THING
>BUT I HATE THING
>WAAAH LEAVE NOW

I don't know about the show but I really liked their mobile game.

Now I really do want some of those figures with that artstyle.

Where's Dr Pavel or CIA?

>using /thread in your own posts

There was a single wave of action figures that is already out of stock and goes for crazy prices around the web. And Funko Pops.

Judging it completely on its own, I dont see why people would like this show.
I mean when we're talking about cartoons, yeah they're directed at kids, but TTG feels like its directed at the current gen of ADD kids.