Rank them

Rank them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6sJCQ_BUksM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ParaNorman and Boxtrolls need to switch places.

Paranorman>Coraline>>>>Kubo>>Boxtrolls

Coraline > Paranorman = Kubo >>> Boxtrolls

Coraline>Kubo>Paranorman>Boxtrolls?(i havent seen it but heard it sucks)

this is all writing-wise, Laika's writers are extremely subpar, Coraline is their best written film and the whole plot wasnt even by them lol

If you're rating by writing then why is kubo above paranorman?

But they are in order of release??????

Kubo > Coraline > ParaNorman > Boxtrolls

you're right they are equal really, felt super rushed, but Kubo's visuals and animation was a million times better so lol

In terms of rank you slipknob

Coraline > Everything else because I haven't seen them

1. Kubo
2. Paranorman
3. Coraline
4. Boxtrolls

Did not see boxtrolls yet, so I won't rank it.

Kubo >>>> Coraline > ParaNorman

Paranorman
Kubo
Coraline
Boxtrolls

1. Coraline
2. ParaNorman
3. Kubo
4. Boxtrolls

is Boxtrolls really bad or just worse than the rest in comparison?

It's good but probably the "least best" of the four.

Storywise it's the weakest. However the technical improvements were astonishing if you're really looking. The lightbulb smashing scene still gets me how good it looks.
he is worst boy tho, Norman is better and Kubo is 10/10

We can all agree that Kubo is the best boy protagonist.

Followed by Norman, Wybie if he counts, then Eggs.

Paranorman>Kubo>Coraline>Box Trolls

mein negro

Please tell me Kubo has a hips character

Like Boxtrolls, there's a disturbing lack of hips from Kubo.

Sadly no hips...but now I'm going to draw him with hips

what the hell was boxtrolls even about, i had no idea what was going on in the movie

Coraline>Kubo>ParaNorman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Boxtrolls.

how can all Laika movies have a budget of 60million$ ?

They have spoopy mask sisters.

Why not draw the shadowy masked women with hips?

Guy who runs it is the son of the CEO of Nike. Blank check from his supportive dad who knows that the general public are idiots who don't know good movies when they see them.

Because the head of Laika is the son of Nike's CEO.

The studio is basically a rich kid's pet project, but with actual heart and careful effort put into everything.

I mean how they all have the same budget
Kubo surely looks better than Coraline right?
Is this another case where animators get treated like shit?

I can't draw women, tis a curse, one I am completely okay with since I'm either drawing kids or buff dudes

Becase trap kubo is cool.

You mean reverse trap Kubo.

Coraline >= Kubo > Paranorman >>> Boxtrolls
Coraline is pretty solid all the way through, Kubo is gorgeous with a good OST and only has a few problems, Paranorman is pretty blah outside of Norman and the witch girl, Boxtrolls was just awful.

Reminder that this is their best work
youtu.be/6sJCQ_BUksM

>genuinely enjoyed boxtrolls
>tfw reading this thread

it was a awful movie.

compared to the other films box trolls can not compete. I like it too, but not as much as the others.

Paranorman=Coraline=Box Trolls=Kubo

have not seen the last one

I kinda have this same feeling but with Paranorman

sorry user, that film just fills a very specific fancy to tickle, just ain't mine...aaand the story was kind of weak compared to the others. I dunno how they managed to wipe away any sense of urgency in the film

Coraline>Paranorman>Kubo>Boxtrolls

Coraline goes first place 'cause of the novelty of Laika animation and of how intense the story adaptation was; Paranorman before Kubo because I found the plot more shocking,but technically Kubo should go first,so it's kind of a draw. Boxtrolls is watchable,but nothing to write home about.

Coraline is great and does a lot right, but I've never liked how they aged the main character up to thirteen. It makes her childish behavior more objectionable to a lot of the audience, and also dilutes the themes a little too much.

Story
Coraline > Paranormal = Kubo > Box trolls

Stop motion looks
Kubo > Paranorman = Box trolls > Coraline

Those dudes just get better and better at stop motion with each one.
IDK how they gonna top themselves next time.

There won't be a next time.

Maybe most of them know it is a labor no matter the price.

The CEO of Laika is rich as fuck. They'll keep making movies.

>dozensofus.gif

I'm there with ya, man.

Nike isn't going away anytime soon.

>Domestic
>Before home video sales

kubo>coraline>paranoman>boxtroll

Please it'll be in profit town before the end of the year.
Not to mention thats domestic not worldwide.

Worst case scenario it'll get a cult following.
And cult classics get tons of love. Just ask Dredd EvilDead or Mars Attacks!

So when's that Dredd sequel coming out then?

Film slowpoke who keeps stalling movie views (and have watched non so far) reporting.

If I were to watch a Laika movie RIGHT FUCKING NOW, it would be:

1.Paranorman

2.The kid with the shamisen

3.The one with the creepy button-eyed parents

"I rather drink bleach"-tier (never): Boxtrolls, because the trailer was boring as fuck and those trolls gave me Minions deja-vu.

>Just ask Dredd EvilDead or Mars Attacks!

For some weird reason I readt that as "Mars Attacks Evil Dredd!" and found that awesome.

dis shit senpai

Coraline>Kubo>Paranorman>Boxtrolls

But I still love Boxtrolls.

>domestic
>ameriplebs prefering a food orgy food flick over ART

Not surprised here lad, Europe will save it like the other three

>only those countries

What the fuck? I watched it twice here in Spain

EVENTUALLY!
SH-SHUT UP!!

It's not like Boxtrolls is bad or anything, it's just the weakest movie Laika has made so far.

Dredd doesn't have a trust fund baby essentially guaranteeing it's financial backing.

Coraline>Kubo>ParaNorman>Boxtrolls.

Though I will say I'm a huge Coraline fan, so I'm biased. The film is better than the book, in my opinion, one of the few adaptations to pull that off.

I didn't like them adding Wybie.

though I do understand they didn't want her talking to herself

I would have expanded the cat's role rather than introducing another kid. Part of Coraline's deal is the isolation she feels in their new home, and having Wybie around kind of messes with that. It would be better if the only people who have time for her are adults who, while strange, don't quite connect with her properly, and a cat who can't even talk back-- until she reaches the other world, anyway.

As someone who's never read the book, I liked Wybie.

His inclusion showed that even with someone her own age around who might be just as quirky, she was still alone.

Same, I always feel bad in Laika threads for this reason

Kubo didn't take an especially long time to make, or anything. Mastery of the craft does not necessarily mean things get more expensive, it just means they get better at working with what they have.

Aw man did Nike go bankrupt?

Have you considered contributing at the Academy Awards with your expertise?

Why does Sup Forums hate The Boxtrolls so much? I thought it was fine.

I thought the plot was more cohesive than in Kubo. Also didn't have the "this is great but could have been even better" feel of Paranorman. Still, I understand why people weren't impressed by it. It didn't have the mature themes of the other movies. It was just a well-executed whimsical kid's movie.

Coraline > ParaNorman >>> Kubo >>> BoxTrolls

paranorman has such a god tier atmosphere

Coraline > ParaNorman > Kubo > Boxtrolls

Kubo>Coraline>Paranorman>Boxtrolls

Coraline > Kubo >> Box Trolls > Shit >> Paranorman

Paranorman is garbage. Garbage.

1. The movie has no focus. First it seems like it's going to focus on the friendship between Norman and the fat kid, but then it abandons that. Then they shift focus to the little group they formed (fat kid, norman, gay bro, and sis), but then it abandons that. Then the last 15 minutes are just Norman and the ghost girl.

2. The movie has a climaxes that were never set up and weren't established. The sister goes to bat for her brother. Why? Just because they're siblings? They hadn't exchanged a single line of dialogue prior to that. There was no establishing their relationship. On top of that, Norman was never properly established as some super outcast. If anything, he himself was more sullen and aloof than anyone actually treated him.

3. THE MOVIE USES HACK '80s CHILDREN'S SHOW CLICHE JOKES THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD AND BURED 30 YEARS AGO

>kindly grandmother knitting: OH THOSE MEN ON TV ARE FIGHTING WELL THAT'S NOT VERY NICE
>dad in car: DON'T MAKE ME STOP THIS CAR

Fuck you, Paranorman. Fuck your hack writing. Fuck your lack of focus. Fuck your false pay offs for things that were never set up. The only part in the entire movie that works is the vending machine joke. That's it. Everything else is trash.

Kubo>Coraline>ParaNorman>>>Boxtrolls

just watched paranorman, very good although the pacing was a bit off and the background characters were a bit unlikeable (but I guess thats intentional). It was definatly the funniest out of all of them and had good emotional scenes and should have gotten the fucking oscar. Coraline was my , I hated boxtrolls and I haven't seen kubo yet but I have been waiting all year too.

I blame the marketing. Commercials make it look like a goofy, weird looking, kiddie movie.

I havent seen it yet but if that's what it is than i guess it did them justice.

>Autism: The Post

Protip: Actual humans evaluate a movie based off of how entertaining or interesting it was, not by analyzing the tropes utilized.

That's what you get when half of the people here learned how to analyze media through TvTropes.

You don't what to look for in a decent movie, clearly. Just because you have a short attention span, need everything spelled out for you, and have no taste does not make it a bad movie. Your criticisms aren't even coherent.

What would you even consider to be 5 good movies? They all have tropes and cliches in them.

I feel the same way. It's a really good movie....but doesn't match the quality of other Laika films.

>The sister goes to bat for her brother. Why? Just because they're siblings?

Isn't that enough? If an angry mob was tearing into your little brother, you'd just sit there like a bitch and let them?

>haven't seen and probably won't

You just did

>Norman was never properly established as some super outcast
Are you really sure?

Am I the only one who just couldn't get into Boxtrolls because the very concept and setting itself is just so boring to them?
That's not even a problem with the movie but with me.

Anyone who puts Kubo above Coraline or ParaNorman is just a weeb

Or they just like that it had by far the best animation and visuals from the studio to date.

Coraline>Paranorman>Kubo>Boxtrolls

>Norman was never properly established as some super outcast

You are six different flavors of retarded.

They actually spoiled the appearance of the Moon King and the fact that Kubo gathers all the relics in the cineplex pre-show trailers.

I get its a kids movie but it's like they wanted to slaughter any suspense at all.