ITT "Is it overrated or did I just not get it?"

It's kino, you dumb Okie!

Forget it user. It's Sup Forums.

The dark Knight

What didnt you like?

>using kino ever
You know what to do.

It's overrated AF

raging bull, american graffiti, rain man off the top of my head I didn't find were great movies

Raging Bull is one you've gotta watch a few times to really enjoy

You just didn't get it and are probably mildly retarded.

I think if I watched a few more noir movies I might have liked it more but I could probably count on two hands the amount I've seen

Actually just saw it and thought it was great. What didn't you like about it user?

It's not even about Chinatown

botha me about a kino?

Pretty good, but,
>Don't worry about it, it's Chinatown
>winks at audience
seriously?

I shut it off like a minute later

oh you poor fucking souls. I literally pity you

It is the Coens' most overrated movie

Raging Bull, The Godfather, every MCU movie, and a few others.

I hated it the first time but knowing how it ended and watching it again knowing the actual point of the title I enjoyed it more

cara has really let herself go

This.

A few years earlier The Ladykillers was being blasted. Then they win an oscar and everything they do is golden

No Country For Old Men is an inferior movie to ILD, fight me

Anytime anywhere fagit

I will bash ur face

Is there a reason people are talking about this movie? My friend recommended we watch this yesterday so it's freaking me out

They were underrated before they won the Oscar. Fucking nobody talked about The Man Who Wasn't There to the level of the later movies, and that film is fantastic

>winks at audience
I don't know what movie you watched but that doesn't happen in Chinatown

It's a very popular film critically. It has a very unique throwback/modern storytelling style and it's very morally and thematically ambiguous, which was relatively rare for a commercial film of its era. I think it's a landmark work and it deserves recognition as one of the finest films of the 20th Century, maybe the single greatest script ever put to paper by Robert Towne

Fuck I love all their stuff except for Intolerable Cruelty and their last 2.

which is what exactly

I've got no clue what makes this film so remarkable in so many people's eyes

The Departed

It never really goes away. Pretty omnipresent actually, it's just that younger and younger people see it for the first time every year so someone is always talking about it.

Would you be able to be in love with Faye Dunaway's character at the end of it, knowing everything? If the answer is yes, even a little bit, then that response or even the likely ambiguity in that response raises larger questions about the nature of love and forgiveness.

YOU GONNA BODDA ME OVA A FUKKIN KINO?

>don't worry
it's "forget it jack" nigger. Also the movie ends "like a minute later" from that line. You literally didn't watch the movie

+1 to raging bull. It was okay but it's like a worse citizen kane of sorts. I enjoy deniro and scorsese has some good stuff but this didn't really impress me

You're a confirmed pleb if you couldn't get into the godfather

taxi driver
apocalypse now

I'd call you newfags but this is a pretty good thread.