What does Sup Forums think of Gargoyles?

What does Sup Forums think of Gargoyles?

Other urls found in this thread:

s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=9561
cbr.com/wondercon-greg-weisman-spotlight-panel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That whole premise of Gargoyles was kind of namby-pamby anyway, with all that Celtic fantasy crap.

not enough delicious brown girl skin. otherwise pretty good. dump it when goliath takes a boat ride though

It's one of the best American cartoon series ever. Especially the first season. The Avalon arc in season 2 really dragged for me.

Best animated show of the 90's.
Well the first 2 seasons at least.

They were one memeber short from have a Star Trek TNG reunion

My favourite show, and I would do all i can to bring it back

The whole entire thing is delicious husbando/waifu bait with a good story, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's basically a nice deep perfect vagina for deepest lore fags.

also I think their was a bright red snake gargoyle, I don't remember his name or what episode he was in, but I remember he existed. I'm not going crazy r-right guys?

8/10 made me fall in love with big purple papa and his whole family, wouldn't mind being the centerpiece of a gargoyle gangbang. I believe that since gargoyle clans are basically big communal family's, their sexuality is also communal and they all have sex with each other, not because their all in love but because it just feels good. call it family bonding I guess.

Quite being a weird boy.

Don't you have more BruceXBabs fanfiction to write,Timm?

Trips confirms.

That episode where Eliza became a Gargoyle jumpstarted my transformation fetish.

This show was disgustingly furry at some points. Why did Greg introduce a whole bunch of other characters we don't care about? what were their points besides being the friend/enemy of the episode when we already had a good handful of villains and allies to the mc's.

>celtic fantasy
>not the sickest shit ever

It's like you don't even Slaine. Gargoyles was a fantastic intro to Celtic myth, Arthurian legend, AND Shakespeare.

it was very good until they got into that gondola

He's quoting Bruce Timm, senpai.

its rare use alone makes it note worthy
True. I wanted to see her roll around on a bed, playful like a cat

Looks like overrated western schlock.
Thank god for anime.

Watched the whole thing over the past couple months.

People make dank jokes about "deepest lore" but fucking shit, none of them are exaggerated. That show just keeps digging up more and more mythology as it goes on and somehow doesn't collapse under the weight of it all. They somehow managed to craft a coherent story even as the show went further and further into the Third Race/Oberon material.

I do wish there was less spinoff bait, though. The entire middle of S2 felt like Backdoor Pilots The Series, and it actually cuts into what could have been decent character development for Angela and Elisa.

The show has no fucking lore, don't lie to yourself.

One of the best,if not The Best,cartoon from the 90s. It's good still even nowadays. I'm gonna watch the shit outta it when I have a child.

Timm later explained that he kinda dismissed Gothic stuff as that overall, not just this show. He didn't see much of the show, but the little he saw didn't impress him.

Apparently all of the possible spin-offs were mandated by Disney since, at the time, they wanted to compete with Marvel's animated universe. Then Eisner left and all of those plans fell through.

>two gargoyles threads at the same time
It must be my birthday.

Bruh like half of the episodes in gargoyles were about lore expanding. everything with Demona's past was all lore.

It was TMNT 2003 in 1994 featuring the boner inducing voice of Keith David.

Spawn is way better than Gargoyles, and darker too. Gargoyles is only remembered because of nostalgia.

Spawn only has 6 eps and half of them are meh.

It had great premise, setting and characters, but they didn't use any of them.

Instead it Goliath vs robots, clones and australians every week.

Althought desu Goliath is bretty cool for a main character. Strong, wise and thoughtful, after he punches robot australians.

>it was very good until they got into that gondola

People say that Goliath Chronicles killed Gargoyles.

Truth is that the show went completely to shit when the characters spent 26 consecutive episodes in a fucking rowboat.

Greg Weisman is not a victim. He ruined his own fucking show.

It was great, Weisman was an idiot to walk away.

Some of those were stealth pilots for other show ideas that he wanted to spin-off, plus lore-building.

Would you like to be adopted in to their clan, user?

Filthy egg laying lizardmen

Seems like a sausage-fest. And not the fun German-kind.

so how would you remake this show?

Is this show at least getting new fans?

you say that like its a bad thing

Ew I thought he had taste.

1. One of the coolest things that came out form Disney along with Darkwing Duck.
2. Something Disney will never do again due to how ballless they are.

don't be so pessimistic

(how can we get this franchise free from thier greeedy clutches)

1. Kill off anyone who is a whimp, is for completely dumbing down of everything, especially violence and story
2. Promote creative takes on genres and smart writing
3. Cut off from feminists or whoever is responsible in turning Disney into a wimp
4. If everything goes well, there will not only be a reboot that is actually faithful to the original and also introduces new stuff that is actually nicely done, but other cartoons, past and future, also become good (including reboots)

Owen was a top tier husbando.

and the comics is even WORSE.

See

It's weird. Puck was my favourite when I was a kid but now that I'm older it's Owen.
He's so reliable.

But gondola arc also had awesome episodes.

>It was great, Weisman was an idiot to walk away.

You do realize he was basically forced out of the show, right?

They demoted him to consultant and ignored his suggestions. It would've been pointless to stay on a sinking ship and made the right move.

It also had one of the best gun safety "special episodes" ever.

> Elisa leaves her gun out
> Gets shot
> Admits leaving her gun out where others could get it was pretty fucking stupid

And then she spends the next few episodes recovering.

Its really cool, but time has made it come across as overrated and kind of a sacred cow. Discussing it always feels like a minefield because any criticism you have gets deflected by saying Greg weisman had his hands tied. I want to make a critique about how dull the general style to all the tech and armor looked, but someone will probably chime in and say "oh it was the toy companies". I want to say the world tour arc was boring, but then its "Greg had to, Eisner's orders". Fuck, man, there's been shows that are equally good or better that've been just as restricted or more, and they didn't have nigh- demagogue headwriters who could deflect all criticism.

All things considered, I think the various TMNT series, although not as high quality in writing, managed to work in the lore much better. One big problem is that a lot of the stuff in it just doesn't feel particularly intriguing. Just bland. For every cool concept there's a bunch that just exist. The whole premise of "Gargoyles in a contemporary setting" is a cool idea, and I feel like that was rushed aside to get to loftier concepts that may have not actually resonated with all but the more hardcore fans. I feel like if we ever get a reboot, it'd probably just focus on the urban setting and bring any external mythological elements to there, rather than try and build up the world as a whole.

its just alright.

But what does Sup Forums think about Brooklyn? Would you befriend him?

the first season was good but whoever was in charge of it just couldnt stop dumping unnecessary lore and side characters into it even after it was "full", so to speak. it made the world feel alive but it also weighed it down with excess detail, and it cheapened the tragic situation of the main characters when it turned out they werent the last of their kind at all and there were actually enclaves of gargoyles and other magical creatures all over the place

Good help is hard to find.

This show gave me a transformation fetish. Stupid sexy Demona.

So much hatefucking.

Even if it could be brought back, it'd hardly be the same. Could take a coinflip on whether the differences would be better or worse.

Would you like to hang out with the manahatan clan? Do you think you'd get along with them?

I don't get along with anybody.

So, no.

I'm sorry, but you have to be at least 18 to post on Sup Forums. See you in six years!

[citation- yaddayaddayadda]

>Would you befriend him?

Probably -- he's the least annoying of the Three Stooges.

Not that guy, but here's the only tangible thing I could:

s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=9561

Some details are off and he does sort of regret it (thought this was from 2007). But the gist still is that he was demoted and they clearly didn't want him around the show.

I also recall on a podcast him talking about how he offered some suggestions to the new showrunner and new crew on what they could do for the third season, and according to a friend of his that worked on that season, after Greg left, they pretty much ignored everything he mentioned.

So I get why he left at that point. Why work on a show where you're not clearly wanted?

cbr.com/wondercon-greg-weisman-spotlight-panel/

>Greg explained his exit from Disney and “Gargoyles” as a misunderstanding that led to the work environment being unproductive, bordering on unfriendly. The split came when Jeffrey Katzenberg was ousted from Disney, and as a friend of Jeff, Greg was assumed to only be loyal to him and thus was not needed in the now Katzenberg-less regime.

Evil counselor troy. Loveit.

> AND WE LIVE AGAIN! ( burst from their stone bodies) loveit.

Best kids cartoon ever made.

I'm here for comics not cartoons. But I grew up watching Gargoyles and it was fucking amazing, and later on me and a friend watched it as adults and it held up so fucking well!

Avalon Arc, he was a south american gargoyle tasked with protecting the forest.

>Spawn, less than ten episodes, maybe half those episodes are good
>literally an edgy dark age of comics super hero
>a man returned from hell wearing a demon suit given to him by the devil
>emphasis on, of all things, christian mythology in a barely coherent narrative that mostly exists to shill merch for todd mcfarlane designs
WEW

HBO does it with a mix of live action plus CGI (the type of Golem).

You don't change shit about it really.

Zanatos is a wealthy business man who rebuilds a castle in the sky which awakens ancient guardians of myth. Eliza is a kind of shit detective who investigates that shit.

Zanatos is actually using the gargoyles for some weird business plan that has to do with his fiancee's father. He gets sent to prison but is released at the end of season one.

You play up the sexual tension between Goliath and Eliza, but also point out how physiologically Goliath would literally kill her with his dick if they fuck. Plus he's a weird pseudo rock-monster.

Macbeth is introduced after Zanatos is sent to prison. You introduce the Pack as mercenaries with their own weird reality TV show (kind of like that bounty hunter with his show but WAY more fucked up cause they're literally killing people in the middle east and shit).

None of these things are actually changing anything about Gargoyles.

>Cut off from feminists or whoever is responsible in turning Disney into a wimp

There are fucktons of strong female characters in Gargoyles you mong.

Also, there's a shitton of diversity as well. Strong female characters and diversity aren't bad in of themselves and Gargoyles is proof of that. They're bad when the point of them is diversity rather than just using them naturally in storytelling.

He was my favorite as a kid.

He's still kind of my favorite now.

If i bought the dvd series would i be getting the censored version like on tv?

Tv show actually showed guns being used and not lasers to get past censors.

IT was guns < lasers

God i hope youre not jewish and actually get this made

>26 consecutive episodes in a fucking rowboat

It felt like a hundred.

The entire world tour arc was a lot of self-indulgent bullshit on Weisman's part, jacking off to all his deepest lore despite it being at the expense of the show's watchability.

I think most of the viewers had already dropped the series long before season 3.

Technically there were a couple of episodes mixed in there where the rowboat didn't appear and they focused on other sidelined characters for a bit.

They couldn't get Stewart because his agent wanted to much money for the role.

Depends, the first time they show Johnathan Frank's robot double, do they show Goliath decapitating it? If yes, you got the uncensored version. If no, you got fucked.

If one of them orgasms, the other should feel it too, right?

They also didn't get Wil Wheaton, Denise Crosby, Diana Muldaur, Lycia Naff, or Dwight Schultz.

To be fair, none of those people mattered except for Muldaur, who after her season with Trek wouldn't return even if they gave her 10 times the salary because she hated putting on the prosthesis so much for that one episode where she looked like she was 200 years old.

You went from wanting a boyfriend to wanting a husband.

You're officially old.

bump

In before a remake where Elisa is a punkish high school girl, Goliath is a scrawny wimp like reboot Lion-O, and Demona is just a bitchy teen.

And Xanatos just doesn't exist.