Please tell me I'm not the only one that loved this film?

Please tell me I'm not the only one that loved this film?

It's pure beauty, and has one of the most underrated scores I've ever heard.

It's a bit of a mess during the second act, but it adds to the chaos factor David was experiencing during his first encounter with the real world.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMbAmqD_tn0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hated it, sorry op.

OP is a true kinoisseur. AI is severely underrated

I cried for about the last 20 minutes, it all just cleaned up nicely and the turn of events is a miracle of writing

Teddy has to be one of the best sidekicks ever too, just so cool

One of the best films imo, Kubrick really wouldn't have been able to do what Spielberg did

Teddy is the only good character. Everyone else acts like a brain dead moron.

The kid is basically an appliance that imitates human emotional responses. Once his "mother" had her son back, they could've ripped out the toaster's hard-drive and been done with it. But no, no, she has to let the robot loose in the woods, despite the "it's forever encoded to you" bullshit.

Gigolo Joe was good, he knew exactly what they were and made no bones about it.

I need to rewatch it, I always really really loved the ending and some of the designs. I also believe Spielbergstein gave the film the perfect amount of levity but also emotion when it needed it

I feel like Stanley's version would've been absent of a love element entirely and just be pure soul crushing poignancy

I was meaning to rewatch Bicentiennial Man to see if it was actually good or not.

It's pretty good. It's very heavy handed in the message and emotional scenes but it's still a neat tale.

I really like it, its not perfect but it has a wide range of feels

its romantic, tragic, adventurous, bold, intimate and ephemeral. Its a very unique movie the only other movie that is similar is I would say Mr. Nobody

THIS, its decent but nowhere near as ambitious or expansive as AI

also best scene from AI right hurr:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMbAmqD_tn0

Bicentennial Man is sci-fi kino, a truly underappreciated masterpiece. I'm not even kidding. It's a lot better than anyone gives it credit for.

AI by comparison is saccharine garbage. Kikeberg has as expected less than a layman's understanding of biology AND robotics.

I saw Bicentenial Man in theaters when I was younger and laughed my ass off when I wasn't bored to tears mostly

>that part where he falls out the window
Pure comedy gold

>>that part where he falls out the window
>Pure comedy gold

I, Robot was better

>AI by comparison is saccharine garbage
>likes Bicentennial Man

Ahahaha

Bicentennial Man is a cheerful exploration of emergent AI vs the dreadful, dreary, boring Spielberg with his childhood bullying, a sex robot played by Jude Law, and an incoherent storyline about robot intelligence set to scenes of vaguely dystopian horrors. It's literally trash.

lol

It makes no sense to accuse AI of being saccharine when Bicentennial Man is probably a million times worse in that regard.

Enjoyed it way more than Pinocchio while younger

I wish I could have a Haley Joel Osment robot or maybe lure my neighbor's HJO robot into the garage so I could suck his little robot penis

Anyone else want to fellate the robot?

I am literally not the only person that wants to give robot HJO a boygasm.

>main actor is a child
The only movie I can remember that working in is Room

it's underrated by so-called "film buffs" for sure. it's a kind of epic, so it makes sense that the quality is uneven. films like A.I. are about capturing the scope of a long and involved story, and it fully delivers on that promise

among Spielberg's best films no doubt