Spidey 2099

which do you prefer?

The classic costume was perfection.

Classic. Anka's new shit is trash.

Classic. Always classic.

I love that Spidey 2099 is one of the more enduring characters of the 90s, spikes and skull logo and all.

New one is more American so that one.

I like both but the current book's artist is unimaginably awful so it doesn't really matter.

Why is the one on the right so fat? Spider-Man's not fat. I don't like fat Spider-Man.

Does anyone know if the current art on Spidey 2099 traces 3D models? It reminds me of MTV Spider-Man.

I can't believe this will be the longest running title marvel has starting their new relaunch

I like the original more, but I still like the new one.

The new design is actually better but no one can tell because the color scheme messed it up. Look at the awesome new logo guys. That's a lot better than the cheesy ass skull on the left.

Perfect

>the current book's artist is unimaginably awful
Let me tell you about doors.

At least the writing was good.

Shocking.

I make this and nobody uses it. Guess nobody but the Shocker likes it.

>Windows breaks inward before she hits it on the bottom left.
>Two panels later the window is broken on the upper right.
>Somehow vampire guy is hovering several feet in the air to make that impossible view angle possible through the broken glass.
>also the window is apparently like 8 feet tall now

No one ever said the artist was good. There's a reason Fearless Defenders was shit.

Are you fucking joking? The new one is a tragedy.

I kinda like the new one, but I'll wait until I see something that doesn't look like a rough draft.

I use it every now and then, user.

>Classic
>something that is simultaneously a product of its time and timeless
>a striking image, instantly recognizable, sleek and simple

>Ankashit
>terrible color scheme
>over-designed
>too many lines and lights and other shit, looks like a fucking action figure

Anka is legitimately one of the worst costume designers in comics. He's like George Perez without the actual talent.

Anka's design isn't so bad, It's just overdesigned.
Remove some details, change the colors and the suit goes from shit to good.

The original by far. The modern one is total ass.

I think the new one would look good in the hands of a competent artist. Barring that, make it either white or black, not both.

Unfortunately 2099 doesn't have a competent artist and the design is an overdone mes.

Still prefer the classic design, but i think the new one would be as good or better if they didn't ruin the color scheme

what if we ditch the white

Then why bother with the redesign in the first place since it just seems like an even lazier redesign.

this is rebirth superman all over again, just a simple change makes a huge improvement

Why the fuck even call your self spider-man then?

The new one looked amazing on the first covers.
Classic one is good but can be easily improved.
The costume back is completely blue except for the Web cape who honestly isn't that great.
The video game added a little white spider on the back, it was a nice touch.

I would tweak the logo because it's a bit dated. Keep the skull, but redesign it without breaking it.

I prefer the new eyes. The old costume lacks something, especially on the back who is plain night blue.

Anyone who thinks the 90's logo looks good is a nostalgiafag to the max. That shit looks ridiculous.

is the only rendition where it looks acceptable. Otherwise that shit is a relic of the Liefeld and combat pouch era.

Removing all those extraneous details helped a lot too.

>all that white

It's supposed to be able to change colors, which I think is a neat idea, but what spider has that capability to do so? Also the point of the old costume is he only used it since it was made of unstable molecules.

Would be better if the red on the chest and shoulders was thinner

It still looks like shit. There's so much garbage going on there that there's no point.

I don't get all the hate for the new one.
I enjoy both costumes, both look very nice in different ways.

The book itself needs a new artist though.

The new one is... okay? But even despite the silly web cape, I still prefer the classic.

I like the new one. There's literally nothing wrong with it.

>apartment 2099
Heh. I really need to catchup and reread this series. I don't recall this page, even though it's in the first issue.

Or wait, is this the new number 1, since Marvel just did a line wipe relaunch recently?

I like the new one. It could stand to be less clunky and more futuristic (even though it was built in the present). Could do with a cape as well, something like the original crossed with Captain Phasma.

Wouldn't hurt if it had a decent story, either. I'd like to see it set entirely in 2099, with Miguel interacting with the future Marvel U.

This was from immediately after Superior ended.

Why is the one on the right so beefy?

That looks awful though. The texture from the movie costume is complete shit and should never be replicated.

Pic on the left.

Buuuut a new 2099 with some brighter colors. Costume on the right is not a good example. In context of the story I saw it as Miguel giving no shit about his costume.

Damn, that is bad.

Kevlar. In a world where fictional exotic materials are used, apparently Kevlar is still where it's at.

Classic.

Is it just me or did it seem like David wanted to do something with the 20th century Stone? I was hoping he'd add some character to Scorpion.

Classic costume.