About a year ago I proposed the idea of SUPER canon. In the context of the MCU, the films are all SUPER canon...

About a year ago I proposed the idea of SUPER canon. In the context of the MCU, the films are all SUPER canon. Agent Carter is SUPER canon. However, Agents of SHIELD and all of the Netflix side is just simply canon.

SUPER canon is when the canon works both ways. While numerous characters from the films have showed up on Agents of SHIELD, it's only a one way street since the events of the show are never even mentioned. Therefor, it's only canon. Agent Carter went from film to (tit)ualr series, even appearing in AoS, back to not just one film, but three. Thus Agent Carter is considered SUPER canon.
The Incredible Hulk spent 6 years as canon before General Ross returned for Civil War. While the Banner character has showed up in three films since The Incredible Hulk, the original actor did not and this had left a lingering question about the level of canonicity. With William Hurt's return to the roll in Civil War, The Incredible Hulk is the last film to achieve SUPER canon status.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rRWqSujO5-I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my benis is canon to your bagina

>Marvelfags continuing to try to sort out their complicated continuity because they don't want the shitty shows to count even though #ITSALLCONNECTED

Under Lucas this is how Star Wars canon worked. Each medium of Star Wars content was tiered, seemingly in order of what reached the broadest audience.
Movies overruled everything so Lucas could just make his movies without needing to supervise or incorporate any other material.
From what I gather it was a mixed blessing.
Lots of obscure or embarrassing stories could be safely ignored, but a lot of good stuff suffered the same fate. Contradictions piled up, and every clarification just became another competing theory among the fans.

The point of SUPER canon is to spread awareness so that Marvel may recognize and fix the things that are only canon.

Dude, we chased you off for being retarded more than once, we can do it again. Grow up. Canonicity is not worth arguing over. Even if it was, you're still wrong. Even if you weren't wrong, your idea is already a thing called canon and semi-canon. Stop pretending to contribute anything even remotely interesting and fuck off back to whatever shithole you came from.

Well I'll tell you what. I've seen SUPER canon used here on Sup Forums more than whatever "semi-canon" is supposed to mean.

And I know that you're literally the same person every time using the royal "we".

>I've seen SUPER canon used here on Sup Forums

Yeah, by you and only you. I told you to fuck off, now obey like the dog you are.

this is SUPER gay lol

Literally who fucking cares?

This is actually how I view Alien and Predator. Xenomorphs exist in the Predator movies, but not vice versa.

No one cares.

> I've seen SUPER canon used here on Sup Forums
I've literally never seen it used and this whole thread seems autistic in the genuine sense of the word.

At the very least could you stop putting "super" in caps, you sperg.

super CANON doesn't make any sense though you retard.

It's all canon shithead. Accept it.

If it's canon you just call it "canon". If it is sorta canon you call it "semi-canon" or "soft-canon".

This is literally what fucked Star Wars. Let's not do it.

As it stands now, everything works as canon anyway. I can't think of any contradicting information other than "why didn't [x character] show up in [y film/show]" and we all know that stuff is for mostly real-life reasons.

I'm not really sure why this "SHIELD isn't canon" meme caught on.

I like the term "ambiguously canon" for stuff that's canon but has elements which suggest non-canonity.

Did you even read OP's post? That's outright said from the beginning. Though SUPER canon is when something is actually canon and not just claimed as such by jews so people won't quit watching their "Marvel" police procedural.

SHIELD has less issues with canonicity than fucking Clone Wars, and that's supposed to be canon to the SW movies.

I've never seen someone so bad at samefagging in my goddamn life.

I assume you meant to respond to this guy:

Well, at least he didn't use and then forget to remove a tripcode.

But yeah, holy shit. It's not a new concept in the slightest and the name is dumb as fuck for semi-canon or tiered cannon or "dirty window canon"

Jesus you're delusional.

(You)

All of these people that disagree with me, despite their wildly different typing styles and viewpoints, must clearly be the same person

>a bunch of posts with identical pacing, typing style and viewpoint- even the same capitalization quirk are supposed to be different people

Stop trying to make fetch happen, Gretchen

it's SUPER not going to happen.

Is this supposed to be a Hypercrisis thread

They're just stories, my dude. It doesn't matter.

#ItsAllConnected was a mistake.

I wish.

This is pretty much exactly how it works.

Everything's canon until the primary text contradicts it. In Star Wars and the MCU, it's the movies. The Netflix shows haven't been contradicted so far, so they're still canon.

>I'll wait a full 5 minutes before posting again so they don't think I'm samefagging. And I'll throw in the "quirk" multiple people are using just to turn things around.

Everything is a hypercrisis thread.

Wow, capeshit is retarded.

Please keep posting. I want something screencap worthy to come out of this cancer.

kys desu senpai

Marvel wishes they had a Hypercrisis.

Whoops meant this post to reply to

Oh come on. You're not even trying anymore.

Yeah I'm not sure if the OP is still here but it looks like the guy who was harassing him left.

>Agents of Shield! Yeah! It's all connected!
>WTF?! Agents of Shield sucks!
>Uh... I-it's not connected, guys. This isn't "SUPER cannon."
Sorry guys. Pic is forever MCU cannon.

OP please...my sides can't take much more of this shit. If you're not careful you'll ascend to Barneyfag status.

As of this post there are 20 unique posters here

Better go on that proxy fast OP!

Yeah this thread is hilarious. OP get a grip.

Hey dude, haven't seen you in several months. You really went all out this time, huh?

It honestly means a lot that you would do all that for me. I mean OP.

I didn't make it, but no problem. You're welcome here any time.

I love witnessing the birth of a canon autist.

Actually he's been here ever since OP first suggested super canon about a year ago. Dude gets so angry every time the other one posts.

It was mostly perpetuated by Jeph Loeb in order to give AoS a feeling of importance and matter. Now after seasons of dogshit ratings and the realization that nobody cares about AoS, he's taken it back (and even tries to pretend like he never said it, such as in this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=rRWqSujO5-I

Not only that, but it seems like most of the AoS cast has realized they most likely won't ever return to the movies.

I still think there's hope for the Netflix shows. Nothing is inherntly contradicting to the movies, the characters operate in a different tier of society, and the castings been top notch.

To be fair, the only thing contradicting in AoS is Coulson being alive but a simple throwaway line of "it's complicated" would be just quippy enough to work in a film.

Problem is, not only does it cheapen his death in the first Avengers (which is why Fiege and the movie people were mad Whedon brought Coulson back to life for the show), but I doubt the general audience even gives a shit about Coulson anymore. He served his purpose, and him returning to the Avengers is absolutely pointless because there's nothing he can bring to the tabe that someone else doesn't have covered. And because so few people watch AoS, there's little incentive to tie that show into the greater scheme of things.

People need to stop putting Coulson on a pedestal as this "holy" character that'll return to the Avengers and get their hopes high that he'll return to the movies whenever we get a new Marvel movie. It's like every fucking MCU movie that comes out people are speculating Coulson coming back and playing a big role.

>Omg Age of Ultron, Coulson is going to return and surprise the team about his ressurection!!1!
>Omg Ant-Man, Coulson is going to appear and help Scott Lang fight Darren Cross from stealing the Pym Particles!!1!
>Omg Civil War, Coulson is going to return and surprise the Avengers, causing them to stop fighting each other!!1!
>Omg Infinity War, Coulson will show up unecepectdly to help Cap fight Thanos!!1!

Let it die.

your life is sad

>he can bring to the tabe

*table

>playing a big role

Absolutely not. We just want ANY semblance of acknowledgment that the events in the show exist in the MCU. He really should've been on the helicarrier. Fury isn't even director anymore.

Why is OP's life sad?

>We just want ANY semblance of acknowledgment that the events in the show exist in the MCU

Well, it doesn't look good for you. The Russos had no clue about the fish oil pills (think about that, fucking fish oil pills) that spread the Terrigen mists around. I doubt the MCU wants stupid shit like that to be canon, or to restrict what the movies can do.

Not only that, the viewership for AoS is literal dogshit. It's fucking small. There's absolutely no incentive for the movies to acknowledge the show because nobody cares exepct the few people who watch it.

>He really should've been on the helicarrier

No he shouldn't have because it would've taken away from the movie's main focus. You'd have to spend time acknowledging the Avenger's reactions, and I doubt the general audience cares or even remembers who the fuck Coulson is outside of the guy that died in the first movie.

Stop putting Coulson on a pedestal. Stop thinking he'll be acknowledged, because he fucking won't.

Marvel doesn't get to have continuity crisis shit because their universe was hollowed out by the Empty Hand. Prove me wrong

They wouldn't know who Coulson is? But Age of Ultron is the sequel to his most memorable appearance and the entire reason they call themselves the Avengers. Look I get that he's not really an important character but he is/was the director of SHIELD. And Fury still plays a big part there because that's what he used to be.

Hey now, other people use SUPER canon too. Of course, its only to make fun of OP

>They wouldn't know who Coulson is? But Age of Ultron is the sequel to his most memorable appearance and the entire reason they call themselves the Avengers.

Exactly. He fucking died so that he could be a team. That's what people know him for and it should stay that way. None of the other Phase 2 movies used him. His purpose is done in terms of the movies. You literally cheapen his death by bringing him back.

>Look I get that he's not really an important character but he is/was the director of SHIELD.

On a show with shit ratings. As far as the movies are concerned, Shield is done after Cap and crew took it down. They aren't going to keep on referencing it.

>And Fury still plays a big part there because that's what he used to be.

Because he's played by Sam Jackson, a recognizable face and someone who can still have relevance even without SHIELD. Yes cameo was meant to hit the beats from the first film by having all those characters pop up. It came out of nowhere and wasn't really done well, but what's done is done.

Coulson is a remnant of Phase 1. They've moved on and don't need him anymore. Everyone has moved on, and so should you.

the tv shows are not canon

>canadian man

>white

lol

That's.... actually very reasonable.

can you elaborate more about the SUPER canon of agent carter? Has any agent carter specific character appeared in the movies?

I always considered 2003 Hulk to be the first MCU movie, because Incredible Hulk seemed to pick up right where it left off, and they got the same dude to play Thunderbolt Ross.

As stated before ...

OP IS AN IDIOT!!!

and that is SUPER CANON.

For example, take the first Avengers film. Most things in the MCU currently stem from it. It did the best job of tying the previous 4 films together as well as launching the circumstances surrounding Agents of SHIELD with Coulson being brought back to life and even the Netflix side as they all take place in a post-Chitauri New York.

As far as Agent Carter goes, Peggy is the only one to return from the series. However the Howling Commandos and Howard Stark especially have appeared on the show. This marks the 2-way street. If Coulson were to show up in the films, it would be the exact same scenario and would be considered SUPER canon. Agent Carter is as canon as you can expect a series taking place in the 40s to get when you consider the fact that we've moved on from that time period and all the characters are most likely dead.

That movie isn't canon in any way, shape, or form. The Incredible Hulk started with a streamlined version of the origin story for the same reason Homecoming won't be one. We've already seen it in the past few years in a noncanon film. Also Sam Elliot is not William Hurt. That Ang Lee movie has nothing to do with the MCU. The MCU started in 2008.

>arabs > women

>Marvel fags complained about X-franchise and now they have an even more convoluted mess where no one wants to admit if the tv shows are or arent canon anymore

>they claim marvel did great worldbuilding yet the characters change magically from one movie to another (bw, im, loki) without proper character development, they just become different characters

General audiences are the same retards who keep watching marvel movies you really think they can't eat a little bit more shit ontop of the mountains of shit just to keep AoS's 4.6 million viewers happy

christ that fucking neck

>AoS's 4.6 million viewers happy

It's way less than that.

Plus 100 million viewers vs 1 million or so AoS watchers