Alias Storytime (Part 5)

Welcome back Anons! Let's finish Alias, once and for all!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cJunCsrhJjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh good lord, Bendis is trying to do Ka-Zar.

Seriously Gaydos, do you think this is a game?

IM NOT A FAGGOT DAD

Every damn time, he does this "exact same panel of Jessica copies six times" shit! It's like he thinks this is funn

Honestly Jessica, I'd stick around. Dude outright says he'll pay "handsomely". Wait for him to give you a number before saying "fuck that noise", you know?

Look, it's GAYDOS on art. I lucked out last time, but I don't think we're getting any attractive women I could do the whole "do you have one of these yet?" jokes like normal. Next time we'll be doing Iron Fist, which isn't drawn QUITE as ugly, although it's still anime as fuck. Can you do it then?

>"I'm pretty sure the Hulk is fucking my wife."

Look, if you're still fucking her, you'd KNOW if she was gobbling his knob.

So yeah, unlike the Netflix show? The Purple Man doesn't even end up in the series until issue 24.

for a better MAX comic

This is either foreshadowing the last few pages, or she's having a panic attack. It could be either way.

Jessica is my waifu

I'd argue that DEADPOOL is a better MAX comic than this, and I hated Deadpool even the first time I read it.

Pretty funny how the arc most people remember is the last one. That's Bendis for you.

Oh good, Jessica's hearing voices now, that's just what we need.

How fucked up is it that CAROL DANVERS is the one who seems to the normal one here?

you're waifu a shit

Honestly, I don't even remember entire arcs, I just remember small exchanges ("You fucked me", "Check your answering machine you bitch!") and similar things.

>Anti-Metal?
>proceeds to talk like he didn't hear her
And those copied panels, gah.

I know and I only love her because of that

Scott, you flew INTO the cab, why don't you just fly out? It's not like you've moved anywhere, the background hasn't changed.

Fat piece of furniture, pls.

... THIS is probably foreshadowing.

We won't actually be reading Mighty Avengers, unless that bit with the Venom Bomb in New Avengers can't be standalone. Either way, not THAT part.

And castration of Luke Cage begins.

By the way, who the fuck let Bendis write Doom after that page? Is it part of some overly elaborate plot to kill Hickman?

Reading Mighty Avengers I wouldn't recommend to anyone. All that BASED CHO art and it's covered with bubbles.

That's the point of my storytime. Seeing the heights and the lows of a character.

DAMN IT GAYDOS, YOU DID THIS BIT IN THIS ISSUE ALREADY!

I'm just grateful for containment. As far as he's on books I'm not interested, awesome.
inb4 those people are people she saved when she was superhero

Honestly, I find this hilarious.

>"Okay Killgrave, are you saying you ADMIT to all of these crimes?"
>"Most of them. The man who shoved his head up his ass especially. But that whore who ran into traffic? Not me."

As fucked up as this is to say, but when Slott takes over writing duties, it becomes readable. It becomes a completly different series though, where Pym leads the Avengers in his Infinite Mansion.

>inb4 those people are people she saved when she was superhero
Nah, they're the families of the people who Killgrave killed and he DIDN'T admit to it, of which there's apparently relatively few.

Slott's Pymvengers is probably my favorite Avengers comic.
Wish there was less Cho but that's just me, underage heroes deserve crowbar imho.
Why didn't Punisher kill Purple Man? gordon.jpeg

Wouldn't Kraven be a better hire for a situation like this?

>we_wait.png

By the way, I may be wrong about this, but I think Bendis is responsible for the Purple Man's new characterization as basically Marvel's Doctor Light.

Gaydos, you lazy fucking hack.

Identity Crisis was a mistake.

He's even got a teenage daughter to act as the perfect bait.

I think this is the last appearance of Luke still owning the yellow silk shirts.

i'd imagine a lot of this is scripted

Shit? You sure? It's not any other word? It's shit?

>"It was some wild shit. We have a big freak on. You gang-banged the New Warriors and then-"

Man, when did the New Warriors become a punch line? Or was this when the reality show became a thing?

Fucking hell. Have you ever TRIED to fuck up a fridge? Shit isn't easy, and Jessica did it while drunk. Fuck yeah, you're paying for that.

Yes, but nobody forced Gaydos to be that lazy. As I said before, he's most likely the reason Bendis lets his artists be so lazy from here on out.

>and several of the team (Nova, Namorita, Justice and Firestar) were mind-controlled and used as soldiers by the Purple Man during the ten days he held the city hostage. They were forced to fight the Thunderbolts in a failed attempt to keep the reformed villains from saving the city.
Maybe that?

I'm just saying, Slott's Avengers is TECHNICALLY the same title as "fat piece of furniture", so you've can't just say "Mighty Avengers is shit".

Oh thank god, we're getting Bagley. Anything besides freaking Gaydos.

What the fuck did that monster Kilgrave do to Velma?

I have no idea what are you talking about. Pymvengers is their own book, nothing happened before that. Fat piece of furniture is panel that magically appeared out of nowhere.
>pic related
First row and I just wanted to type "thank fuck there's no copied panels" and voila, rest of spread is there to prove me otherwise.

That happened AFTER this, and the New Avengers were there too. I remember that because it continued the weird obsession he had with Jones by having the Purple Man vaguely reference this while talking to Jessica Drew.

New Thunderbolts was one of the first books I read, as a Genis-fan, and I still have an admittedly unfair dislike for Atlas.

Scooby mate. Fuck 'er.

And in case you wanted to see Bagley tits, this is probably the closest you'll get.

Nope, Bendis cannot into Stan Lee credit pages.

youtube.com/watch?v=cJunCsrhJjg

I'm glad I started with Marvel when I picked my first comic company. I had to deal with a lot of shit, but at least I knew enough about the characters to not have Identity Crisis as one of my first comics.

Brevoort, Quesada, and Bagley probably have legit Stan bestowed nicknames. (the first 2 bc of high editorial, the 3rd is a joke about being around forever)

I wanna say Bendis answered on tumblr that he got one eventually too

Did you have Civil War as one of your first comics? Because that's just as bad imo

Well, at least we're getting SOME quality in this thread.

civil war isn't that terrible it just has some incredibly stupid moments that understandably ruin it for some

But seriously why would you not use that song during the show.

Well, no idea then. I looked at their page and that's only mention of Purple Man.
>I want my ex-husband back
>I know! I'll start killing wives so he comes back to me
Talk about dumb plan.
I did. That and Astonishing X-Men were my first Marvel comics. No idea what was DC, I think it was Dark Knight Returns.

Okay, THIS page is rather important. Remember, this was the MAX line. There was NO reason Bendis couldn't say that the purple man fucked Jessica for all eight months. Bendis intentionally made it clear the purple man didn't, and instead made her WANT him to, just do deny her. Which is a bit more fucked up, since it gets fucking psychological.

Yes, it's basically his Anatomy Lesson. Which is hilarious.

Admitedly, if they did this in the Netflix series, it wouldn't fit how they portrayed Killgrave, but it's a distinction in the comics. Here? He decided that just raping her would be too easy.

nah, Anatomy Lesson requires a "EVERYTHING YOU KNEW IS WRONG" this is a standard revamp

I think the first Marvel Comic I actually sit down to read was Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane. I don't remember why that one, besides it was basically my casual OTP. Then I went to Ultimate Spider-Man and New Avengers, and spread out from there.

But if the script is "Fade to purple in 3 panel"?

man i really wanna see the scripts now

Anatomy Lesson created a wave of people recreating goofy origins and this book lead to people making goofy villains into seriously evil ones who are DARK AND MATURE

First Marvel book was the 2099 line. I read everything even Ravage

Also, a torrent of Batman stuff, incuding Elseworlds and Year 100

I think that, around Civil War, they just KNEW the New Warriors were a punchline, and I just don't know why.

Blame it on the little guy.
>great job, Iron Man, now Skrulls have disabled our defenses and we're in space war
>well sure, but at least we didn't kill bunch of children like Lame Warriors

I think they kind of fucked up on the art here, Or didn't think things through. Up until now Bagley's art has been representing this better time in her life. It would have been better or to me it visually sends a mixed message of how she sees her time with Purple Man. They should have used someone else or done those murky purple water colors that they used on the covers.

>I think that, around Civil War, they just KNEW the New Warriors were a punchline, and I just don't know why.

Bendis played a large role in removing z-listers from the Avengers and then making the New Avengers. So we get fewer obscure characters and everyone is on some Avengers team. So most of the lesser known teams got shafted.

Speaking of Civil War, we're reaching the age of constant events, some of which have Luke and Danny in them. Like Civil War. Siege, Secret Invasion, ect. Ideas on how to proceed?

Just follow their books.
Unless it's written by Bendis.

This is actually a great page.

One of the few effective parts Bendis has done.

>"No C-Listers in the Avengers except MY C-Listers!"

Fuck you.

I love you too, user.

You wanna know how I got these scars?

>>"No C-Listers in the Avengers except MY black boyfriend!"

>spoiling a decade old book

keked

Well, I'm the Joker, baby!

Jessica Jones vs. The Avengers AND The Defenders

I stand corrected, THIS is the biggest beatdown in Marvel History.

He's not even spoiling, he's been doing this ever since I started Alias. I have no idea why.

Defenders are kinda OP.

Does MAX Alias take place in 616? Did Bendis ever do any other MAX line books? Just popping in to thread, despite seeing on stands back in the day, I had no idea it was this explicit, I can see why this gave Bendis such a profile boost at Marvel back then.

"Kinda"?

Looking for (you)s

It does explicitly take place in 616, despite the book itself being in the MAX Line. It's unique like that.

>Does MAX Alias take place in 616?
Yes. It wasn't supposed to but things happened.

Punisher MAX was not 616. This was soft-616 since it's basically a huge retcon.