Find a flaw

Find a flaw.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k48T12Z88hY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dead in the current ongoing.

Of all alt land forms he could transform into, he transform into an old fashioned train. He could chose something less old fashioned like a futuristic armored truck to deploy troops, but no, a train. Also I have been never sold on how he use shapeshifting magic to transform into something that can carry like 15 Decepticons inside, I would prefer if he was a naturally huge transformers, even if he was only half of a combiner size, that way the shapeshifting magic would be less jarring.

That's why Blitzwing is a better design, he transform into 2 thematically sound options.

Mass shifting.

Never showed up on Animated.

His knee is bending backward.

> No shading
> different art style from background

80's fags are the worst

Bland design, like a lot of G1 guys. I've technically been a Transformer fan for like 15 years and only got around to memorizing the G1 cast after 10 years. I'm so glad modern series don't bog down the cast with three dozen members per team.

Decepticon scum.

His legs are weird.

Too heavy to get to Cybertron.

Yeah, notice how his head was left. In a series promoting the 2000s version of Headmasters.

>Of all alt land forms he could transform into, he transform into an old fashioned train. He could chose something less old fashioned like a futuristic armored truck to deploy troops, but no, a train.
Didja see the episode Triple Takeover? Astrotrain is a legit autistic trainfag.
youtube.com/watch?v=k48T12Z88hY

Yeah, these days its just the same half dozen.

>I've technically been a Transformer fan for like 15 years and only got around to memorizing the G1 cast after 10 years.
You're a bad fan.

And how in the fuck is Astrotrain's design "bland"? Sure it may not be super-angular kewl guy mode all the time like the Prime Decepticons, but he looks believable as a doughy, fat-faced schmuck whose job is to move shit.

>triple changer
>all forms look clunky and wrong, even robot mode
>doesnt change genders to please my dick
Is it too hard to ask for a trap robot?

Japanese Airrazor.

He can't get a decent toy

Universe - terrible articulation and not a steam locomotive

Titans Return - Headmaster and not a steam locomotive

DX9 Chigurh - terrible alt modes and bad articulation

Toyworld Evila Star - horrible transformation and badly designed

FCToys Transporation Captain - Fragile as hell and very boring design

There is nothing wrong with the Classics design. Back when the name of the game was updated designs.

He needs to learn his place as Decepticon taxi.

from a looks perspective, classics is fine, and I say that as one who feels the bullet train design is painfully boring compared to the steam locomotive design.

From a toy standpoint however, it's not that great. The legs have horribly restricted articulation, and the thrusters from the alt mode don't lock down in robot mode. The actual bullet train alt mode once transformed is pretty lame too.

He isn't Octane.

>If you don't like G1 you're a BAD FAN

Oh fuck off. This is why I drift in and out of the fandom.

I like how the front half of the train was very clearly a bullet train but the back half is some kind of battle tank train.

He's fat. If he doesn't jetison some weight, he'll never make it back to Cybertron.

At least Titans Return fixes that by having the front be a freight locomotive, so at least it fits with the back. The G1 toy really is the only good representation of what we saw in the cartoon though, and it's the wrong color.

That is just draw a girl and call it a boy

Just buy the anime ver reissue.

If you got into the fandom in 2001, G1 was almost literally one half of the franchise's life span at that point. If you can become a fan of something and not want to study its history at all, then I dunno man, what's the term for "someone with a passing interest in something"?
>casual
Ah.

I would if it didn't cost more than Transportation Captain, Chigurh and Evila Star put together, all of which are larger.

If they got in 2001, G1 would have been irrelevant for half the time and would not be what would be on the shelves or on the air.

Ruination was on the shelves, being a recolored retooling of one of G1's best combiners.

I din't say I didn't study its history. I watched G1, researched the toys and everything. It just didn't stick much since alot of it wasn't particularly intriguing. That's probably why the core more interesting characters keep getting reinterpreted while the others just get the occasional Classics figure.

>Of all alt land forms he could transform into, he transform into an old fashioned train. He could chose something less old fashioned like a futuristic armored truck to deploy troops, but no, a train.
He just really likes trains, man.

Why in the hell would the rails be leading directly to the pipes?

Also

>can't find his trains
>they can literally only go 2 ways

You mean, aside the square pencil holder look?

>Its an old G1 fag tries to convince people 80's cartoons weren't bad thread

So hes autistic?

Titans Return has been really good so far.

Well duh.

If they got "into" the fandom in 2001, I'm assuming they joined the burgeoning internet fandom. There were lots of comprehensive fan-sites even back then, hell there was even a fansite that hosted scans of the Marvel comics. That's how I first read them, loading one page at a time on dial-up.

see

How old is this person that lives in 2001? In my head I was picturing a 6-10 year old.

Not all of us could trudge through that bland art, especially not as 10 year old kids when anime was the current hotness.

I'm referring to own my personal experience; I was 12.

So when he asked them to jettison some weight it wasn't because he was too heavy, it's because he couldn't cope with that many people in one place.

Didn't your mother tell you that pirating comic books was bad for you?

He was in space. His weight and mass shouldn't even matter.

Man, I dunno. At the time, I could understand the animation errors in G1 from the context of other shows like TMNT, Voltron and He-Man; I knew that animation was just cheaper and less quality-checked back then. But anime was, as you said, the new hotness, but the Transformers anime were decidedly the EXCEPTION to that rule; they looked so shitty, and the fact that every other anime on Toonami looked better by comparison just drove home how shit the whole affair was. I realized that G1 wasn't as good as Beast Wars or Beast Machines, but it was at least better than fuckin' Armada or Energon.

isn't soundwave

>Not knowing it was part of his plan

That's the idea. He only said that to reduce the number of people so he would be more comfortable with his autism. They believed him because the Decepticons don't have any scientists, as evidenced in Cosmic Rust when they needed Perceptor to solve their problems.

Naw, they were literally just hosted on the site, as images. Each page had its own, er, page. Took forever to read an issue tho. None of us were worried about "piracy" back then.

>not getting the joke
Shut up, Boco.

Energon is the worst Transformers product ever produced. The Bay movies are better. Armada is shit, but it's not unwatchable like Energon.

Or, OR...he wanted to eliminate some of the competition.

He was pretty stupid.

How are you so stupid an 80s cartoon to sell toys is 2deep4u?

I remember trying to watch one of the "oh god burn through it all" marathons of Energon on Toonami, and it physically HURT. I had to give up halfway through.

I'm glad I watched it not on first run so I can find KICKER Huh? THE ENERGON *BIRD.avi* and other nonsense dubbing funny

I just find it hard to stomach most 80's cartoons. BTAS and Gargoyles really ruined them for me. everything before those too just feels too stunted and off.

I guess I'm lucky in that I was born jusssst enough before those shows to appreciate them FOR being wildly different from other "action hero cartoons"; I was born into TMNT mania. And trust me, Transformers' original cartoon has held up WAY better than Turtles.

I'm watching the '86 movie right now, and some of the G1 cartoon episodes (specifically Prime Target, Starscream's Brigade and Five Faces of Darkness) are still enjoyable for me to watch today.

Beast Wars is the better cartoon though by some distance.

>Prime Target
At least you have patrician taste. Not enough people give FFoD props either; it'd be a fan-favorite if it weren't for the shitty animation.

No personality. Like the rest of them.

Also, doesn't look anything like his toy. Again, like the rest of them.

The Internet has ruined me.

I see tits.

>No personality. Like the rest of them.
I think that between his two focus episodes, there's enough to glean some personality from Astrotrain; he's a simple-minded egomaniac with ambitions that reeeeally outstrip his capabilities. He's a less competent Starscream; considering he spends most of his existence relegated to being the bus of the Decepticons, it makes sense he'd power trip at any opportunity.

Blitzwing was a better character, better forms, ad a better toy.

Also he liked football.

There are two Transformers threads going on right now. Are we finally alive again on Sup Forums? These threads are way more fun (or at keast more interesting)than the Hastak wars on /toy/.

Superior shuttle Transformer coming through.

I'll never get to be his friend

How was this guy even conceived lore-wise? Everyone's a human or an animal and then there's just this dragon, jet, hippogriff thing.

Vector Sigma was drunk that day?

A good portion of the original Transformers toyline was taken from other older toylines.
>Along with Omega Supreme, Sky Lynx was licensed from a company called Toybox. As a result, Sky Lynx was not initially released by Takara in Japan.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Sky Lynx the only Transformer in G1 whose "robot mode" was a beast form? All of the other Transformers with beast modes had them as the alternate mode and had a normal humanoid robot mode.

Ravage, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ramhorn, Steeljaw, Ovrkill, Slugfest, and Ratbat.

There's also a few cassettes who's robot form is a beast mode. Those predate actual beast formers.

Despite all they did to try to get you interested in him, he will never be one of the Decepticon uber badasses that wakes Megatron up in a cold sweat in the middle of his recharge cycle.

Oh right, the Cassettes, minus Rewind and Eject.

And Rumble and Frenzy.

FIRRIB, by the way.

Throughout all series, my favorite Transformer still remains Trypticon. I wish we'd see more of him in the newer stuff.

How is the TFWiki the only thing that Willis has touched that isn't turned into shit?

G1 Transformers lore at least by the guy who wrote the bios was "it just works"

It's only later when we got the shitty "everyone has a regular humanoid face, guys like Shockwave have monoeyes because it's HORRIBLE PUNISHMENT, non standard hands is PUNISHMENT, visors and mouthplates just cover up regular human faces, animal robots DON'T HAVE RIGHTS FIGHT THE PATRIAR--- CORRUPT AUTOBOT OPPRESSORS

He gets a new toy next year. Can't wait.

You are mad about a cohesive plan and world building?

>the first Bayformers movie had plans for a Decepticon with an aircraft carrier alt mode
>was dropped because of how expensive it would have been to model, animate, and integrate him

We almost had a live-action Tidal Wave. That makes me very sad. Can you imagine the scope and scale of a live-action aircraft carrier Transformer? Even Devastator would have been dwarfed by him.

That is why they didn't do it, 2big.

That's not really building or planning, its deconstructing. Its going back on something that's been established for decades and making unnecessary explanation for it.

To be fair, you saw the concept art? It was like an off-shore oil refinery with arms.

That is the point of deconstruction. It takes away what the audience assumes simply because it has been that way.

There was concept art? Link?

Those are actually interesting explanations though?

The take away the natural diversity of setting in favor of homogenization and making anything which doesn't fall under specific things a freak.

It's "who pumps the tires on the batmobile" level of over-thinking. Nobody cares.

Don't forget, a bunch of Action Master partners as well. Oh, and the Breastforce partners.

>FCToys Transporation Captain - Fragile as hell

Can I get some details on this? I've got one on the way now, and although I asked the 3rd party general for their views on him, I got nothing of value out of them.

On second thought, I'm glad they didn't go with it, if that was the design they were going with.

>How is the TFWiki the only thing that Willis has touched that isn't turned into shit?
Other editors.

But that is an interesting thing. Does Batman do maintenance on his own vehicles since he doesn't trust anyone else with it, or are there ones he confides in? There was an episode of the 90s cartoon that almost literally did this.

He can take in an army of Ds better than Soundwave.