Christopher Nolan/Quentin Tarentino/Nicolas Refn/Martin Scorsese is my favorite director

>Christopher Nolan/Quentin Tarentino/Nicolas Refn/Martin Scorsese is my favorite director

Nothing wrong with early Scorsese
What are your favorites op?

Brother?

Nolan's Dunkirk surpasses everything any of those other directors have ever done, so he's not a bad choice

Me too!

>People who say ''Film is supposed to be entertainment!''
>People who have 2001, Seven Samurai, Citizen Kane, other pleb shit on their top lists
>People who have seen 1 film made before the 50s and think they have taste
>People who like Wes Anderson and think they somehow have taste
>People with most movies on list made in last 20 years
>People who have no foreign language movies listed
>People who think korean cinema is good
>People who have movies from Nolan, Tarantino, Aronofsky, Kubrick, Refn, Snyder on their list
>People who have any comic book movie listed
>People who say comfy/based

>Fellini/Godard/Bergman/Truffaut/Bresson is my favorite director

film is supposed to be entertaining. entertaining doesn't necessarily mean fun

whats wrong with these

Nigga looks like a lemming.

pic related

>>Christopher Nolan/Quentin Tarentino/Nicolas Refn/Martin Scorsese

one of these things is not like the oooothers, one of these things just doesn't beloooooong

>right click
>hide
>sage

that goes for anyone who has a "favorite" director or movie

>liking movies

faggot

this guy has awesome hair not gonna lie

"Early scorsese" is the period in which he was fucking children with Roman Polanski. I'd say there's something wrong with it

>I watch films for entertainment

Best way to tell you're speaking to a disgusting plebeian. Since the Kulturindustrie exists, art should be purposely unentertaining, boring. When a film is uninteresting, it only means that it is efficiently avoiding the structures of perception capitalism created in order to control and standardize artistical manifestations. Films should not be what you see to forget your daily problems, to forget your daily life for a few minutes. Life and art should be integrated, since art is basically an elaborated form of work, and Marx has already explained us how work is a fundamental part of human essence.

Learn to be bored. Watch Tarr. Be better, educate yourself. Is up to you.

Or keep ruining art discussing your retarded capeshit films.

>Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work. It is sought after as an escape from the mechanised work process, and to recruit strength in order to be able to cope with it again. But at the same time mechanisation has such power over a man’s leisure and happiness, and so profoundly determines the manufacture of amusement goods, that his experiences are inevitably after-images of the work process itself. The ostensible content is merely a faded foreground; what sinks in is the automatic succession of standardised operations. What happens at work, in the factory, or in the office can only be escaped from by approximation to it in one’s leisure time.

~Theodor W. Adorno

user, I...

Marxism wants you to accept boredom and suffering now so if they get their way you're already used to it

Chocolat is my favourite film, it's gotten me laid three times.

David Fincher is my favorite director and I don't care what any of you say

>the future of the white race

is Wilder approved?